The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 am

[ 9 posts ] 
INFO: Flash Royale #2.2 and the TSF RCR 3.0 [6/25] 

Hey guys! Skailler here. It certainly has been a while, hasn´t it? Regardless, I am here to give you all the important information you need for the upcoming Flash Royale #2.2 as well as the new ranking system for following TSF tournaments!

I´ll start off things by explaining the overhaul for the Flash Royale series before getting to the rankings itself as that makes things a lot easier and I don´t have to repeat myself as often. Here is a small list with the two most important changes:

* The Flash Royale series is now hosted in two stages: Stage 1 is played in Round Robin Pools with 4 players per pool, and the 16 best players out of the pools will advance into Stage 2: A Double Elimination Top 16 Bracket.
* Pools are played in the Bo3 format, while the Top 16 Bracket is done in the Bo5 format.

I will go into detail about Flash Royale #2.2 more later on, but for now I am going to give a summary of the updated Royale Court Rankings.

* Every player gets points indentical to the amount of participants they outplaced in Pools. To give an example, getting 1st in a 4 Player Pool earns you 3 points in total, while the 3rd place only gets 1 point.
* In the Top 16 bracket, every set won on the Winners Side earns a player 1 point. A loss on the Winners Side results in a gain of -0.5 points along with the obligatory drop to Losers.
* Every player scores a total of 0.5 points for every set won in the Losers Side of the Top 16 Bracket, including winning Grand Finals from the Losers Side.

If you found that too hard to understand or just skipped until here, here is the new formula for the CRR 3.0:

E = (number of players in pool - placement in pool) + number of sets won in Winners Side of Top 16 + (number of sets won in Losers Side of Top 16/2) - (number of sets lost in Winners Side of Top 16/2)

I hope that everyone was able to understand the new system for the RCR 3.0, and I am certain that this new scoring system will help us in the future to further improve our seeding.

With the informational part out of the way, I am happy to announce

Flash Royale 2.2

If you want to know the exact time and date for your place, chead over to the bracket. There is a box with the concerning data for your timezone in the upper right corner.

Bracket: http://tsftournaments.challonge.com/flash_royale_2_2
IRC Chat: https://www.smashladder.com/netplay/Flash_Royale

Make sure that you are checked in both in the bracket and in the IRC, otherwise you will be disqualified from the tournament. No exceptions.

Make sure to save as many replays as possible and add them as attachments to the bracket. The sets will be uploaded to YouTube and/or potentially be streamed.

Seeding will be done via the Royale Court Rankings 3.0.

Ruleset:

* The tournament is held in two stages: Stage 1 consists of Pools in the Round Robin format with 4 players per pool, while Stage 2 is a Double Elimination bracket formed by the Top 16 players out of all pools.
* Match format for all matches is 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Matches played under a different ruleset do not count. Period.

* Pools are played in a Best of 3 format (meaning that the player two score two wins first wins the set), while the Top 16 Bracket is played in the Best of 5 format (meaning that the set is over once one player scores his third win).

* Items are set to None and OFF in all matches, even if both players agree otherwise.

* Hazards are set to OFF.

* Modified Dave´s Stupid Rule (MDSR) is in effect: You may not counterpick the stage you last won on in the same set.

* Gentleman´s Clause (GM) is NOT in effect. All stages are selected via stagestriking.

* Latecomers will automatically drop Game 1 if they fail to show up within 10 minutes after the tournament has started despite checking in. After 10 additional minutes, they will be expelled from the tournament. If you know you will be late, contact a TO and he may or may not make an exception for you. If you show up, but havent checked in, you may not participate as well. Period.

* Substitution Clause: You cannot switch in for another player that has been DQ´ed after Round 1 has ended, and not during a set. Only possible time is before Game 1, Round 1. Players with a bye are not affected by this rule.

* Kylos Clause: Missing Round 2 or beyond more than 10 minutes results in a DQ. Additionally, if a player´s IRC nick is different from his displayed name in the Bracket, they will be DQ´ed.

* Stalling is banned. This is defined as purposefully running away from a fight, abusing tethers, scrooging, planking non-stop etc. If your opponent is stalling, hand the replay to one of the TOs. Stalling is punished with the loss of the game. You cannot claim stalling after the next match in the set/the next round has begun.

* Stage Striking: Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 pattern. The player with the higher seed always begins striking, unless he allows the other player to strike first.

* Counterpicking: After Game 1 is over, the Winner may strike up to 3 stages. The Loser then declares the stage he wishes to play on. After that, the Winner declares whether or not he is changing characters, followed by the loser.

* FDS Clause: If a game ends up on Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS, the player who picked the stage will choose if the match is played on Final Destination or Nintendo 3DS.
* Don´t be a dick. This includes repeated insulting, trolling and not being a good sport in general. Doing otherwise will result in a DQ and a ban for the next tournament.

Stagelist:

Starters:

* Battlefied

* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS

* Pokémon Stadium 3

* Yoshi´s Story

* Smashville

Counterpicks:

* Tower of Salvation

* Dreamland 64

* Wario Ware, Inc.

* Dracula´s Castle

* Castle Siege

* Jungle Hijinx

* Sky Sanctuary Zone

If you have any questions left, feel free to contact a TO. Enjoy the tournament!

Sat May 28, 2016 5:30 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Hi,

So, I'm just gonna make this interjection and just say that Flash Royale 2.2 will be dropped to either next Sunday or two weeks time on Saturday, because of CEO.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:52 am

MGN Username: KingPawn
Currently Playing: SSF2
Wait DSwift its not today?
If so, when is it?
like a confirmed date and 2 weeks from now doesn't work cuz theres my tourney, next week theres smash island, i think next sunday might be the best

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
KingPawn wrote:
Wait DSwift its not today?
If so, when is it?
like a confirmed date and 2 weeks from now doesn't work cuz theres my tourney, next week theres smash island, i think next sunday might be the best

Ok, Tournament is NEXT SUNDAY.

Thanks KingPawn

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:32 am

You should prob tell the other people so they don't show up today and are all confused

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:59 am

You guys realize you moved the tournament to the day of smash island on challonge, I think sunday is july 3rd

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:31 am
BR Member

KingPawn wrote:
You guys realize you moved the tournament to the day of smash island on challonge, I think sunday is july 3rd

s*** (/)_-)

Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:06 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
And we are finished! Shoutouts to TLord foe streaming, and to Wooly and KingPawn for TOing as long as you possibly could (me being left as the only TO... That cant go well, or can it?) Also shoutouts to Challonge for f*** over the bracket to the best of your abilities.

19 participants out of 32 entrees + 11 people on the waiting list is definetly improvable, but God knows how long this wouldve takes with a Top 16 Bracket. Due to the small amount of participants, 4 Pools with 4 players and 1 Pool with 3 players was held, with Top 2 advancing into the Top Cut, which consisted of 10 players. And for those of you who had problems because the Top Cut took so long, dont worry about it anymore. Adjustments will be made to avoid such a stretch in the future. With that out of the way, here are the results! (Number in brackets represents Pools placement, bold is Top Cut. Players in italics dropped out or were DQed.)

1st: WRXJoey (1) :bomberman: :jigglypuff: :ness: :link: :donkeykong: :zerosuitsamus: :samus: :fox:
2nd: TSF|TyranitarLord (2) :kirby:
3rd: TSF|KingPawn (1) :marth:
4th: AlphaOmega (2) :kirby: :goku:
5th: Marvin (2) :tails: :marth: :fox: :donkeykong:
5th: Oreocackesters (1) :marth:
7th: Jammy (1) :captainfalcon:
7th: TSF|Skailler (1) :chibirobo: :metaknight:
9th: DragonLight (2) :samus:
9th: NeoGamr (2) :sora:

11th place tie:

* NastyNinja (3) :mario:
* Lightning4009 (3) :kirby:
* PinchOfAlt (3) :?:
* Challorga (3) :?:

15th place tie:

* Greeninja (4) :samus: :marth:
* DatSanicFan (4) :yoshi: :sonic:
* Xeratic (4) :?:
* BloodThirsty :?:

19th: LilMac :?:

With that out of the way, Congratulations to WRXJoey for winning Flash Royale #2.2!

The Royale Court Rankings will be updated soon. The same goes for the replays you all helpfully provided, I will put the link here once it is done.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:58 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
This list needs more :zelda:

I'll be back...

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:07 am
YIM WWW
 [ 9 posts ]