The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:19 pm

[ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Black Mage 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
If you're gonna tweak the attributes, I sure hope Uair and Nspec become a little more useful if they remain the same moves.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Pls make Uair it's 9b incarnation. Just make mage back into the 9b version.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:31 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
2spooky4you wrote:
You know, there is a thing named changelog.
:blackmage: Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................... i'm dumb, whatever i kinda like it more when i get to actually see it rather than just numbers lol

And yeah i have to agree - Hopefully UAir becomes more useful because it's quite inconsistent with the knockback unless you land all the hits, and BM doesn't quite have any kill move that will Star-KO other than his up-smash

As for his NeutralB, "best case scenario" in my opinion would be that it would function like Isaac's vines - not only it would "paralyse" but also trap them in place (or make SDI be much less effective i suppose) since it's supposed to be a kill-confirm move. Oh well, we just gotta wait to see the changes i guess

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
CraftGMC wrote:
Hopefully UAir becomes more useful because it's quite inconsistent with the knockback unless you land all the hits, and BM doesn't quite have any kill move that will Star-KO other than his up-smash

Well, I tried using Black Mage's Beta U-Air, and I'm pretty sure I got a Star KO with it once. Also...

CraftGMC wrote:
As for his NeutralB, "best case scenario" in my opinion would be that it would function like Isaac's vines - not only it would "paralyse" but also trap them in place.

I'm pretty sure Stop already does that.

YouTube Video:

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 pm

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
CraftGMC wrote:
Hopefully UAir becomes more useful because it's quite inconsistent with the knockback unless you land all the hits, and BM doesn't quite have any kill move that will Star-KO other than his up-smash
Well, I tried using Black Mage's Beta U-Air, and I'm pretty sure I got a Star KO with it once.
You mean basically with a jigglypuff at 140%? or perhaps Mario at 225%??(also sometimes it did literally no knockback because the finishing hit didn't land, only the middle ones)
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
CraftGMC wrote:
As for his NeutralB, "best case scenario" in my opinion would be that it would function like Isaac's vines - not only it would "paralyse" but also trap them in place.

I'm pretty sure Stop already does that.

While it does paralyse opponents, it does not prevent them from moving away with SDI (CPUs are certainly the best at the job too)

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Yeah I have no idea why the Stop we have is actually Prevent Opponents From Attacking But Not Floating Around With SDI. A move that stops your opponents in place and gives them super armor which lets you rack up damage would be nice. ZA WARUDO

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:27 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Honestly, decreasing Black Mage's traction could probably really help the character.

Improves his movement and evasion and might allow him to better adjust spacing.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
TSF.Strife wrote:
Honestly, decreasing Black Mage's traction could probably really help the character.

That's not a bad idea actually! Since Black Mage is getting a redesign, that could possibly happen. Well, I know there's a few chances of that happening or few of that not happening, but it's just my own personal opinion.

YouTube Video:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:16 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
REWORK! Not redesign, his sprite is staying the same, but they are reworking his moveset.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:22 pm

BandanaDeeMain wrote:
REWORK! Not redesign, his sprite is staying the same, but they are reworking his moveset.

Bruh.

https://youtu.be/pD5bMR74Dfs?t=199

Bowler's new video DID say the devs were reworking the move set, but the part where Bowler mentioned Black Mage said "Black Mage Redesign Soon?", which leaves us with the fact that Black Mage might be getting a redesign. So there.

YouTube Video:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
lmao even if they do change his sprite, they arent gonna make it anything other than the iconic ff black mage. none of that lanky mario sports whatever lol

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Nonya wrote:
lmao even if they do change his sprite, they aren't gonna make it anything other than the iconic Final Fantasy black mage. none of that lanky Mario sports whatever lol

YouTube Video:

Also, it's called Mario Sports Mix, and I find Greg Irwin's interpretation of Black Mage to be much better than that silent Black Mage only voiced by sound effects. In my HONEST opinion, here's what I think the sprite should be like:

Attachment:
Black Mage Sprite.gif
Black Mage Sprite.gif [ 2.27 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

If Black Mage's sprite does get revamped to this, it does need to get remastered, and Black Mage is going to have to be a little taller and have some new animations. His neutral and side specials could be changed to the thunder and fire spells used in Mario Sports Mix, and his up and down specials could stay the same. And if Black Mage possibly gets this sprite when v1.2 comes out, his Final Smash could change to his dark magic special shot used in Mario Sports Mix, and a unique feature on Black Mage's victory screen if he gets this sprite is if the red, yellow, blue, and green Sports Crystals from Mario Sports Mix could appear, and if possible, the Rainbow Crystal from Mario Sports Mix as well. And not to mention, if Black Mage's sprite does get changed, he's going to need a new mugshot as well on the character select screen. Specifically, THIS.

Attachment:
Black Mage Artwork.jpg
Black Mage Artwork.jpg [ 4.76 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

Of course, this would need to be remastered as well, but, hey, if this redesign happens, I'm dededefinitely sure this might be what they are going for! (Get it? Dededefinitely?)

Attachment:
Absolute Perfection.jpg
Absolute Perfection.jpg [ 6.53 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

I am going to tell Cleod9 and some of the SSF2 developers about my idea, so I hope I get a response from them soon.

YouTube Video:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
stop

buh

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
BandanaDeeMain wrote:

Bowler's new video DID say the devs were reworking the move set, but the part where Bowler mentioned Black Mage said "Black Mage Redesign Soon?", which leaves us with the fact that Black Mage might be getting a redesign. So there.

Bruh
Refurin wrote:
It's just a big balance rework, he's not really being redesigned and his moveset isn't changing.

----wall of edit----
TSF.Strife wrote:

Gotta agree about improving his overall mobility - his air jump is honestly sad. His traction seems fine IMO (and i know he has a pseudo-wavedash with FAir, but it barely seems to help since it's nowhere even as fast as his dashing speed). As for evasion.... it can get really tough to get out of juggles with BM's sort-of laggy aerials so yeah, i think he needs a bit of that too, either way IMO his general speed (ground and air) seems fine to me

Sonario wrote:
Yeah I have no idea why the Stop we have is actually Prevent Opponents From Attacking But Not Floating Around With SDI. A move that stops your opponents in place and gives them super armor which lets you rack up damage would be nice.
*insert Ice Climbers freeze glitch here except it's now a feature and heavily nerfed*
though making your own "version" of Haste with Stop seems awesome tbh

Last edited by CraftGMC on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm

I'm just saying, it might happen!

YouTube Video:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 pm
 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next