The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 pm

[ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
Best Players to Learn From For Each Character 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Mr.Z wrote:
Here a VOD of my Megaman going against Nstinct's Ness: [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMuUMIKp4k ]
And here's some VODs of my Chibi going against Various opponents:

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRWwTtyC4dE ]

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49VpiNuxs8 ]

And I know i'm no longer listed under Link, but here's a Ditto between me and Marvinbeinamie: [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wW0ctW6Qqg ]

Note: These matches are prettly old (besides the Nstinct one), so that means that I have improved a bit ever since these were fought.

If they are old, then maybe you want to get something more recent if you have improved substantially. I hate to say it but these Chibi-Robo matches were a little anti-climactic. Not bad matches, but anti-climactic (spider lost to your Chibi by self-destructing, Doof still won and was even up 3 to 1 in stocks [if you made the comeback without him SD'ing]). I want matches that show more of Chibi's potential (which means you gotta win :D)

Suli Hyuga wrote:
Hey, I was thinking, now that we have this list and all, wouldn't it be cool to make some mentor program thread thing or maybe QnA sessions on the forums. It doesnt even have to be exclusively to the people on the list/volunteers but rather a place where there is open discussion and newer players can have any of their questions answered by us (the d00ders who have been around for a while). I know the LoL and Pokemon community do things similar to that.
Just an idea :)

Yeah, as TCS said there are threads on Smashboards for each of the characters. I see an issue in that we already have the character-specific threads, so any character specific stuff should go in there. However, I don't think I'd want to run a Q&A for Falcon in the Falcon topic, it seems like that isn't the best platform because the thread is too general for this narrow purpose (plus the info would get lost SOOOOOO fast). These things would better in their own space, but since 20-something Q&A's (1 for each character) is ridiculous perhaps a single thread that is devoted to this mentoring idea. To make it reasonable to have its own thread rather than have the questions spread up over the separate character forums, the topic would have to be streamlined for that purpose.

I'm really liking this idea. I also just remembered something the Falcon forum does: They have an index to keep track of important info for that character. If someone says something that is worth noting and preserving so that it doesn't get lost, the post number gets saved and recorded in the OP with an appropriate tag (ie Edgeguarding ZSS with Falcon by xFioramaster18 [url=viewtopic.php?f=LONGSTORYSHORTDONTDOIT]ta-da![/url])

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Phoenix Wright wrote:
If they are old, then maybe you want to get something more recent if you have improved substantially. I hate to say it but these Chibi-Robo matches were a little anti-climactic. Not bad matches, but anti-climactic (spider lost to your Chibi by self-destructing, Doof still won and was even up 3 to 1 in stocks [if you made the comeback without him SD'ing]). I want matches that show more of Chibi's potential (which means you gotta win :D)

On it. In that case, I'll have to upload replays.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:22 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

My Fox vs DescendedSun's Marth

YouTube Video:

My Marth vs DarkErmac

YouTube Video:

Reimu's Shiek

I might as well just post new ones instead of editing to be easier to spot, lol

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Yeah, as TCS said there are threads on Smashboards for each of the characters. I see an issue in that we already have the character-specific threads, so any character specific stuff should go in there. However, I don't think I'd want to run a Q&A for Falcon in the Falcon topic, it seems like that isn't the best platform because the thread is too general for this narrow purpose (plus the info would get lost SOOOOOO fast). These things would better in their own space, but since 20-something Q&A's (1 for each character) is ridiculous perhaps a single thread that is devoted to this mentoring idea. To make it reasonable to have its own thread rather than have the questions spread up over the separate character forums, the topic would have to be streamlined for that purpose.

I'm really liking this idea. I also just remembered something the Falcon forum does: They have an index to keep track of important info for that character. If someone says something that is worth noting and preserving so that it doesn't get lost, the post number gets saved and recorded in the OP with an appropriate tag (ie Edgeguarding ZSS with Falcon by xFioramaster18 [url=viewtopic.php?f=LONGSTORYSHORTDONTDOIT]ta-da![/url])

That Falcon Forum Idea is actually really genius :O
Maybe someone can send this idea to a site admin or something and they can see what they can do about it.

also lmao @ xFioraMaster18 :') Sky Williams too stronk

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 am
BR Member

Ok since i'm too lazy to upload these matches on Youtube ( :P ), Here are a couple of my most recent matches with Chibi (Megaman replays are on the way):

Attachments:
Chibi vs Jorrija's Wario.ssfrec [5.71 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times
Chibi vs Jorrija's Wario.ssfrec [5.71 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times
Chibi vs Appley's Ness.ssfrec [7.17 KiB]
Downloaded 21 times

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:59 pm
BR Member

Now that the list has turned into best players to learn from I wouldn't be on that Kirby spot regardless of if I was still playing.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 pm

MGN Username: scum
I think you should remove me from the list. My laptop crashed 2 weeks ago and I've haven't played online till recently on my sister's laptop. It's quiet obvious that my skill level has drop considerably. As of now I really don't think I'm a top Naruto player nor a good representation on how to use the character.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:08 am
BR Member

Ok I have a few complaints to make of the current list now:

TheCodeSamurai should not be listed at all, for he does have the knowledge of his characters, but does poorly in applying his knowledge when out on the battleground which kind of makes it a bad idea to list him.

Drarky is the only True Black Mage player. From what I've heard, Huey doesn't even play BM anymore and I can say that it's not even that good to be listed on here.

Have we forgotten that Nstinct is currently the best Yoshi out there? I'm not sure if he mains yoshi, but it's really good to be considered as one of his mains, and I can't even imagine a yoshi as good as that be a secondary of his.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Yep, Huey no play dat Black n Blue Guitarist no more. gg rip.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:14 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Did I just get nixed from the list?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:08 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
from what i see, yes

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:24 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Kyoz wrote:
135 wrote:
[TSON] for Zero Suit Samus, IMO.

http://hypest.challonge.com/HSSF2BW214

*late*

boyyyyy this is a tournament i entered after not playing online for well over a month and a half LMFAO
in our friendlies when i was actually playing a lot and not working on Beta we were pretty close. you're still better because you play way more but don't sleep on me

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Mr.Z wrote:

TheCodeSamurai should not be listed at all, for he does have the knowledge of his characters, but does poorly in applying his knowledge when out on the battleground

Sums up TCS.

By the way , if you still want me to be in the BPtLF for Lloyd , I can upload some videos.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
^^I was going to for ask that, Joey's Ness and I still believe Scumbag should had to stay in Naruto.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:21 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Did I just get nixed from the list?

This list has gone under some overhaul in the past couple weeks. If no one disputes being someone being removed (and in fact, people do support it). Just work on your own play. Being on this list isn't a big deal, since it is not a Hall of Fame but the list of players to learn from. If other players feel that you have glaring weaknesses then it is on you to fix them.

Lunary wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:

TheCodeSamurai should not be listed at all, for he does have the knowledge of his characters, but does poorly in applying his knowledge when out on the battleground

Sums up TCS.

By the way , if you still want me to be in the BPtLF for Lloyd , I can upload some videos.

There is room (we have one Lloyd lol), and I believe that your Lloyd can be held to the same standard as Lloyd mains. I had thought you were a Lloyd main when I made this list in the first place anyways lol.

IronH wrote:
^^I was going to for ask that, Joey's Ness and I still believe Scumbag should had to stay in Naruto.

Well, he explicitly asked to be removed, so I take those requests more highly. Besides, from what I gather TheBlockIsHot has enough skill to represent Naruto on his own. Realistically, not playing for such a small period of time doesn't remove any relevance the player had before, I'll re-list him though if people still think that he has had the fundamentals to show players how to play as Naruto.

I did ignore Afrowarrior's request to be removed from Sonic's spot though :P

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:17 pm
 [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next