The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:35 pm

[ 2049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
War of the Black Flames 

"Look your little friend is coming to help you!" Euphemia shouted in Serene's face, pulling out a small vial of adrenaline. She chugged it down. Her eyes became bloodshot. He closed the distance between her throat and the knife.
Serene didn't even struggle, she was frozen in fear.

J saw the man run in yelling some profanity. He chased him inside, and grabbed the back of his clothes, pulling him back. "Now listen here boy, it would be wise not to butt in." he whispered in his ear. "Wise up boy. Don't mess with either of those two ladies. They're both relatives of mine, and I know em better than you, if you get my lingo..." J finished, bringing the mallet into view.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:29 pm
Site Admin

Tania pet Tekun's head gently trying to console the boy. "Does that mean we should speak to some of the kingdoms?" she asked. "Or does it mean that we ourselves should prepare our supplies for war?" In the back of her mind she was worrying about her father, a lord, who would most definitely be expected to join the war. What if he got hurt? The castle raided? What if she went back home only to find ruins? She shuddered slightly, and Windy neighed putting her large head on Tania's shoulder now consoling her.

-----

Anna tentatively followed after Eton, worried that he or Serene would get into trouble. Her extincts were right for soon Serene was on the ground with a crazed girl on top of her. She picked up her pace trying to catch up to Eton who was running to her but Eton was soon grabbed and dragged away by a very large man. It came as a shock to the young monk.
"Oh Heavenly Light" she prayed "Help me to prevent any cold blooded deaths this day" She immediately picked up her pace, her robe wisping across the ground while her sandals scraped on the road. She waved her walking staff around, it leaved a trail of light while she did so and she focused an unconcentrated blast of light at the attacking girl from the side.

"Please reconsider your violence in the name of the Holy Light" she said in a semi whisper.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

The shot didn't phase Euphemia and she turned to Anna. "Oh look! A new one!" She snarled, stabbing the knife right into Serene's arm and lunged at Anna, aiming to pin her down as well.
"It'd be best to stay out of fights that aren't yours! Unless you're willing to die!"

J watched this escalate. He thought about stepping in, but if he did that, Euphemia would kill him. "s***. When she is under the influence of the Adrenaline, she goes s*** loony." he muttered, still holding Eton's clothes.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 pm
Site Moderator

Eton glared, enough was enough, he was tired of the s***. He grabbed J's arms and then put his foot behind him and then pushed foward and threw J to the ground. Eton drew his knife and began to rush at Euphemia.

"Knock it off. I don't want to have to kill you! I won't have a repeat of what happened with Endoh!" He said firmly, ready to get in the way. He twirled the knife he had in his hand, ready to either throw it or use it for close quarters.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 pm
Site Admin

"Oh Heavenly Light!" she called as she raised her walking stick in front of herself in a feeble position. The rabid girl had lunged at her violently and poor Serene was on the ground with the knife wound. She was knocked onto the ground, the girl over her, with eyes filled with madness. Thankfully her glasses had managed to stay on as she fell. She thought she heard the voice of Eton, but she was now in survival mode. She couldn't die, else her goal would come to an end. The Holy Light would not take her yet to the afterlife, she had to break her timid bonds and fight back. The rims of her glasses glowed with a light aura as did her hands.

"In the name of the Holy Light! Please...no. GET OFF ME RABID BEAST!" she managed to yell in a tone very unusual for herself. A stream of light magic flooded from the lens of the magic spectacles and her hands. She hoped to roll out from underneath the adrenaline rushed woman. She made sure to prevent her magic from becoming an attack. It was comparable to a sword currently she was keeping the power of that of a blunt sword, not wanting to hurt her but enough to hopefully get her off.

-----

Windy lifted her head and curved her ears looking towards another part of the town. Tania looked up at her pegasus questioningly. She attempted to concentrate with her new gifts, and found that she could pick up on a magical atmosphere nearby. She was worried.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Euphemia stepped away from Anna, and pulled the sword from Serene's arm. Gripping it, she looked back at her booth. The sword was still there. She ran past Anna and reached for the blunt weapon. "It's said to only be good for healing, but even as a club it will do some damage!" she shouted.

Serene rolled over and pulled herself to her knees, breathing in deeply. Her hand hovered near her wound before gripping it tightly. It was deep and blood gushed out with any slight movement.

"I've had enough of this s***!" J shouted, pulling himself up gripping the mallet in both hands once again. "If this continues, the entire block will be full of fighting!" He aimed carefully at Eton and sent out a shot aimed for his abdominal regions, only wanting to put him out of commission for now.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Rana's eyes followed Windy's ears. His hand closed as he felt the unrest the animal had heard. The shadows in the building pulsed ever so lightly as he closed his eyes and focused. Without opening them he muttered, "There's something going on..." He shook his head in frustration.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 pm
Site Moderator

Eton jumped over the attack rolling over it and rushing towards Serene, he had stolen a few medical supplies from the inn and pulled out some bandages and began to wrap them around the wound, making sure to keep and eye on Euphemia and J who had launched an attack. Everyone was circled still, it didn't seem like any one was getting through to help or join in. This would play out, with or without fighting.

They come for me...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 pm

J jumped away, raising an arm up to separate Euphemia from the battle.
"Cool down. We aren't gaining ground, stand down." He explained in a grave tone. "Quit trying to avenge a man who lost his mortality years ago."
Euphemia paused and dropped her weapons, falling upon the table.
J stared at Serene now, dropping his weapon in sign of forfeit, and walked over to her.

She stared up at him. "I know you...that man from the reunion..." she muttered. "My father said you were bad news, that you, Euphemia, and Endoh were nothing but demons barely related to us."

"Your father was unjust scum." J stated immediately. "He put Endoh in bad light, which put him into his frenzy in the first place. Endoh never killed your mother, he was aimed at only killing his brother, Lord Lefia. Lady Lefia wished to protect him, and Endoh struck her unwillingly."

Serene stood up quickly, trying to size up against J. "That can't be!" She began shouting. "You're the scum! He killed her on purpose!" She threw a punch at his chest, which only hurt her hand.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:26 pm
Site Admin

The rims of Anna's spectacles glowed faintly as the last traces of her light magic faded away. The girl had gotten off of her, Eton had arrived from wherever he was taken. It was clear on his face that he would kill the girl in order to save Serene, Anna hoped it wouldn't come to that. However before anything could happen a strong looking man came to restrain the frenzied girl. Anna stood up and dusted her robe off, pushing her spectacles ever so slightly up the bridge of her nose as she watched the shouting match between Serene and the other two. Her head moved from side to side as each person spoke. The frustration and anger of Serene was expelled in the form of a punch as she struck the muscled man who appeared to not be phased at all by the strike.

"Lady Serene..." whispered Anna, feeling sorry for the girl.

---------

"I thought so" said Tania gravely, as she leaned on her lance slightly. "Shall we go see what's wrong?" she asked. Slightly feeling that it had something to do with Serene, the girl seemed to always be witnessing some sort of devastation or drama. Tania pitied her, though she know that if she ever breathed a word of it Serene would hate her even more.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Serene fell back down to her knees, now fearing J as he stood before her. She stopped speaking as well, not knowing how easily he might anger.

J turned to Anna, hearing he whisper. He walked up to her, not menacingly, but casually. He knelt down at stared into her eyes. "Hello there, I don't think I've formally met you. Sorry about my relative being a b****. It's her attitude." he explained in the most sincere way.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 pm
Site Admin

Anna could feel her face warming up as the muscled man knelt before her. She looked sideways slightly not accustomed to people being so near her or actually noticing her. She pushed her spectacles up the bridge of her nose before quietly replying "Oh...well...I guess if she can't help it...its not her fault...." she shuffled her feet awkwardly "As long as...no one is everyone is still alive...everything is well" she added.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

OOC: Sorry for the tiny posts... Heh...

Rana tilted his head. "Sure..." He said before suddenly looking towards the door. "Are you coming, Tekun?" He asked, trying to sense something more specific about whatever was going on.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 pm
Site Moderator

Tekun looked at Rana, he was still rather nervous about the whole thing, but he got up the courage to speak rather easily.

"Yes, of course." He said shaking a little bit but otherwise firm and began to follow along.

The crowd had already disapated, the insane women seemingly disabled for the meanwhile. Eton couldn't help but sigh, what the hell was with this guy.

"So, um...bud....the women you were with, are you going to leave her outcold on the hardwood floor here or are you going to have the respect to carry her?" he said crossing his arms. It annoyed him that he would bother acting that way after all this drama and s***.

They come for me...

The mages...

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 pm

"Listen," J began turning round to Eton. "you take my mallet, I can't carry it and Euphemia at the same time, plus, I need to hold onto her sword." he stated, tossing the mallet over to him.
It hit the ground right before Eton.
J carefully wrapped the sword in the fine linen, and picked up Euphemia and her knife.

Serene stood up and slowly moved towards the mallet, picking it from the ground. It was heavy, and she struggled. "What is this made of?" she asked.

"Oh, a lot of metals and s***." J answered without turning around. He exited the tavern quickly, attempting to lead the group.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:59 pm
 [ 2049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next