The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:16 pm

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic 

Currently Playing: Pokemon Black, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and a bunch of old fighting games.
Whimzer wrote:
also, necrobump.
If this was really needed, a new topic could have been created for the purpose.

What's the point in wasting board space for a new thread when the existing one can serve the exact same purpose?
Quote:
The only issue with the argument is that it specifies manchildren, little girls, and adults.

None of whom are relevant to the argument, as these people interested in a "show for little girls and their parents" (Faust) are clearly teenage boys.

Therefore, said argument is null and void.

Except there's no reason for why a teenager shouldn't be able to find the show entertaining as well. The notion that kids and adults are allowed to like something, but the age in-between can't, is quite frankly, asinine. Let people like the media they want to like. The target demographic doesn't matter. You're dealing with this as if they're performing some crime against humanity, that it's completely unnatural and against human behavior. Like it's as terrible as drowning babies or something of the sort. When it's just a group of people enjoying a television show. I'll bet that you have multiple things you enjoy that are also enjoyed by kids and/or is targeted towards kids.

Your double standards amaze me.

And keep in mind that no one in this thread has said "You absolutely must enjoy this show." No one is forcing you to like anything.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Waifu: I'm married
FroggyMan77 wrote:
Whimzer wrote:
also, necrobump.
If this was really needed, a new topic could have been created for the purpose.

What's the point in wasting board space for a new thread when the existing one can serve the exact same purpose?
Quote:
The only issue with the argument is that it specifies manchildren, little girls, and adults.

None of whom are relevant to the argument, as these people interested in a "show for little girls and their parents" (Faust) are clearly teenage boys.

Therefore, said argument is null and void.

You're dealing with this as if they're performing some crime against humanity, that it's completely unnatural and against human behavior. Like it's as terrible as drowning babies or something of the sort.

Uhhh, no, I'm pretty sure people don't react to seeing crimes against humanity and drowning babies by making a smartass remark on the internet

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Pokemon Black, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and a bunch of old fighting games.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:55 pm

I didn't miss the point
I missed how it correlates to murdering babies
which it doesn't

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Frankly, I do not see the point that interests these people in this show.

Actually taking some time out of my day to watch a couple episodes, I did not find anything special. It was merely another lackluster kids show, regardless of the credentials behind it's fabrication.

My issue is the fact that a mature and aware adult can somehow be sucked into something so trivial.
The fact that they devote so much attention to a simple show, up to the point where they make little code names for their clubs and name themselves after the characters. is mind boggling, and I cannot understand it.

Maybe perhaps it is due to some strong impact on them as a young child that has skewed their mental growth, I don't know.

Also, I find the clubs and namings obnoxious and repugnant.
I have hung around and been friends with many people from all over, but never have I seen any of them behave as if their pastime were something so powerful in their lives that they made little club names. I shun most people who take their fandoms way too seriously, because I feel that there is a fine line between enjoying something and outright obsessing over it.

I understand enjoying things, but I cannot understand blatant, obsessive fandom towards things.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Whimzer wrote:

Actually taking some time out of my day to watch a couple episodes, I did not find anything special. It was merely another lackluster kids show, regardless of the credentials behind it's fabrication.

My issue is the fact that a mature and aware adult can somehow be sucked into something so trivial.
The fact that they devote so much attention to a simple show, up to the point where they make little code names for their clubs and name themselves after the characters. is mind boggling, and I cannot understand it.

Maybe perhaps it is due to some strong impact on them as a young child that has skewed their mental growth, I don't know.

I have hung around and been friends with many people from all over, but never have I seen any of them behave as if their pastime were something so powerful in their lives that they made little club names. I shun most people who take their fandoms way too seriously, because I feel that there is a fine line between enjoying something and outright obsessing over it.

I understand enjoying things, but I cannot understand blatant, obsessive fandom towards things.

what about religion

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:02 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Mandolin
I don't give a s*** about religion, people believe what they want.

But fanaticism annoys me there too.

It is not right to kill because your f*** book says it's okay to do, people need to learn f*** context.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Kittenpuncher wrote:
I didn't miss the point
I missed how it correlates to murdering babies
which it doesn't

Hence you missed the point. But I guess I'll just have to spell this out.
Kittenpuncher wrote:
Uhhh, no, I'm pretty sure people don't react to seeing crimes against humanity and drowning babies by making a smartass remark on the internet

Which doesn't really have much to do with my comment. I'm not talking about what ones' reaction would be to an idea. I never said anything about one's reaction to an idea. What I am talking about is how the idea is being handled. The notion that a person finding a show outside their demographic entertaining is completely abnormal. That they're repressed manchildren for doing so. That no one in their right minds would ever do such a thing; it's completely against humanity. Upon which I compared this to a more extreme example. Admittedly more extreme than necessary, but the point remains.

EDIT:

Whimzer wrote:

Which is perfectly okay.
Quote:

Well...

1) Not everyone who enjoys the show is as obsessive as the members of that fan community.
2) Making obsessive fandoms isn't exclusive to kids shows.
3) It's something that they like. Why pester them about it? They can do what they want. I think this demotivator sums it up.

Everything has its own community of highly dedicated fans. The moderate fans and the non-fans just have to accept the fact that they exist and move on with their lives. Just throwing pot shots at them is completely pointless.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
Wait, have you guys really been serious about this? If so, I agree with Whimzer. People that aren't 10 year-old girls shouldn't be watching My Little Pony. But, whatever, if you all like the show, watch it. I'm not gonna fight with you over it.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 pm
 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5