The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:45 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Admin

Autumn, Saturday 09:00

Eventually most of the school orientation events came to a close and parents tearfully parted with their children. Those who lived on campus gravitated towards the school dorms and the cafeteria. Boxes were unpacked, beds were spread and posters were stuck to the wall as the last adjustments were made to their dorm rooms to make it feel like home. All the roommates had met each other by this point, some got a long while others did not. Conversation buzzed in the hall as returning students were reunited with their friends for another school year, and new friends got to know each other.

Those who lived off campus lingered in the hallways and the dorms with their classmates until eventually they had all left by around 9:30 in the night before the gates of the school closed at the 10:00 PM curfew. Third year students Li and Adi returned to their homes safely and had relatively quiet nights.

Alice had the opportunity to meet Miss Rachel who in turn stated that she and Basil would serve as co-club presidents. She emphasized the necessity of the freshmen members of the group needing to be trained as best as they could for she felt that Mr. Albright and a few students from the club last year who were attacked had discovered something sinister brewing in town. She also shared that the rest of the supernatural creatures were very much aware that a very large chunk of the Omnivident had been wiped out last year and as a result have become much bolder. There have been a lot of mysterious "accidents" occurring in town to which Miss Rachel showed Alice various news clippings she had assembled regarding stories of people who suddenly went mad or did something out of character before committing suicide or doing something dangerous that led to their death. Patting the girl on the back, she stated how imperative it was for the children to be protected this year and let Alice return to the dorms.

The dorms were fairly peaceful that night as the children slept. Alice and Basil however were not in their rooms for they had to address a spirit that was wreaking havoc in one of the labs in the science wing of the school. While they were both initially rusty, and lacked a certain efficiency due to neither individuals having spent much time together or working together in the past, they eventually managed to destroy the spirit. They notified Miss Rachel of what had occurred and she stated that she would address the situation when she arrived at the school the next day.

The rest of the night remained uneventful and at 09:00 each of the Omnivident students were sent a message through their school issued PDAs:

Code:
Subject: Darren Archive Club
Hello students!

My name is Miss Rachel Dawn, and I will be the supervisor for the Darren Archive Club this year! I would personally like to invite you to come to our first club meeting of the year! See you there and dress for a workout!

Note: Newly adjusting students who do not wish to partake in the activities of the Darren Archive Club must report to Miss Shields for after school sessions. Thank you.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li waited quite a while for Adi, but without any real reason to visit the academy for the orientation, Li made his way back home. He walked home on his own and stopped by Tea Tyme for a drink. Li struck up a conversation with Harry, the owner whom Li was good friends with. They mostly talked about the new students and the accident from last year. He stayed until the sun started to set and walked across the street to his condo. The view was astounding, watching the sun set over the theaters. Then Li made it into his room, as his the rest of his family was still out for the summer break and went to bed.

Li woke up the next morning to a message on his PDA from school. It read that there would be a meeting for this year's new Darren Archive Club. Li thought it would be good to be an example for the new students. He got the gym uniform and waited in the lobby, knowing Adi would be ready for a morning jog.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:59 pm

After his discussion with Adi, Logan had little to do but bide his time while the counselor spoke with the jumpy girl from before. He chatted a bit with Sir William while he waited. After a good ten minutes, though, he gave up and retired to his dorm room, resolving to try again the next day.
When he reached the dorm, he found it empty, precisely as he had left it. Gregory eventually returned, and after catching up a bit, Logan headed off to sleep.

The next morning, he groggily dragged himself out of bed and prepared to face the day. After a quick breakfast of eggs and toast in the cafeteria, he returned to the dorm to check his class schedule on his PDA. What he found was a bulletin from the director of the Darren Archive Club, inviting all students to its first meeting. How impeccably convenient. He skimmed the Darren Archive Club pamphlet to find out where and when the convening would take place.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi had gotten up early, as was his habit, and had gone through some forms in the morning in addition to a shower and a light breakfast. It was when he was resting in his room did the school's PDA alerted him to the gathering of the club. It was 9 sharp when the message came but he was out of the door in the school's trousers and the collared shirt, underneath which he wore the physical education issue tank top, in three.

Due to the elevator it was five minutes after did he arrive in the lobby, finding Li already waiting for him.

"Morning Li, didn't get to see you yesterday. Let's get going."

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Groggily, Johnathan sat up. It had taken him quite awhile to unpack yesterday, to his expectations. After fixing himself up for the day, doing the usual routine he would do at home when it was time for school, he checked his PDA. He had gotten his first message that invited everyone to some meeting.

Well, it's better than doing nothing. But he did get a little agitated over the fact that he had to change. Again. He tossed his PDA into his backpack and shoved his backpack under his bed. I wonder who else will be there, not that I know anyone yet, he thought as he changed into his gym clothes. Trying not to wake up Carver, he moved very quietly towards the door. While walking to the lobby he pondered on his short -very short- conversation with Carver. They didn't speak much, and Johnathan really didn't want to be on bad terms with him, since he was his roommate. He was going to try one more time, and if it doesn't work, then tough, he would give up.

He was pretty early when he arrived. He looks at the other people for a split second, then quickly turns away. It seemed like he was the only freshman there. Johnny then waited for it to begin, deciding if this was a huge mistake.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Li saw the elevator door open and Adi walked out, all dressed for school.

"Morning Li, didn't get to see you yesterday. Let's get going," Adi said to Li.

"Nice to see you, shall we?," Li told Adi as they started walking out the door. Li noticed how Adi was in his regular school uniform, unlike Li who was in an exercise uniform. Luckily Li had a change of clothes in his backpack for after the jog.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
The jog to school was uneventful, Adi long since past the point of trying to be fastest, and Li was probably holding down the pace in anticipation for the upcoming meeting. After all, it did ask for the students to arrive in clothes suitable for physical education classes. As they walked in to the group of students milling about, mostly freshmen, he spoke to Li.

"That reminds me Li, did you talk to the Karate Club president yet? I think we'll have to renew our arrangements with them because, well you know why."

They needed a place to spar, and though a lot of clubs use the Dojo-style space around the gym, the Karate Club held the greatest influence over its use seeing as they were the the biggest, if not most successful, martial arts club.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm

"I can't say I have," Li replied, "I must say I forgot about it all together. Remind me, who is the current president?"

As Li asked this, the two entered the school gates and tossed on his proper uniform over his exercise clothes. The light jog didn't warrant the need for a shower or a proper change of clothes and he didn't sweat enough to smell. It was a bit troublesome to put his pants over the shorts while constantly walking.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:36 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter woke up, due to his ringing PDA, when he read the message, he knew he should go the the club, he wanted to meet new people, so, he threw on some clothes and went to go have some breakfast, Mmm, cereal, I like that. Eating joyfully. Well, better get going... Hey, maybe I can meet up with that Johnathan guy, we didn't really talk much, maybe I should break the ice. Carter jogged up a bit and met up with John. "Hey, man. Look, you seem like a cool guy, how about you tell me a bit about yourself."

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 pm
Site Admin

Had Evelyn decided to sleep in like the rest of her dorm mates she would have been jolted awake by the vibration of her PDA since she slept with it kept underneath her pillow, however her tendency to rise early in the morning mixed with her incapacity to sleep soundly the previous night left her in an odd state of being extremely wide-awake. She had already had breakfast, a meagre bagel and cream cheese, some seasonal fruit in yogurt and a large glass of orange juice. The meal did little to brighten her mood however and she returned to her room. She looked over to Harper's side of the room casually. Her roommate seemed friendly enough, a tad too excitable and cheery for her liking, but Evelyn would be cordial with the girl. Besides, the girl had yet to do anything to displease her.

It was while Evelyn was reclining on her bed reading a magazine that the message came in. Not wanting to wake Harper, Evelyn quickly changed into the school issued gym uniform and slipped out of the room closing the door quietly behind herself. She saw two other students walking ahead of her, though she personally wasn't in the mood for conversation so she slipped by them to the assigned room of the Darren Archive Club, where a small gathering of students was growing.

"These people...they're all like me" she thought to herself while analyzing those who had arrived.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Basil, not having slept the night before, napped, arms crossed, while awaiting the new members in the club room. He sat in the far back of the classroom as an observer, one eye open as the freshmen piled in, a few confused over his appearance. It was a pity the new students would not recognize him as the observer he was, and not merely because they were new to the school, but due to the fact that he he basically now partly in charge of the whole group. He did not dislike Alice, but he was not necessarily smitten with her either; however, when it came to Rachel he merely desired to stay away from her. There was something about her he did not like. Then again he did not like Abright either, but Rachel was different in a way he could not pin down.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 am

I'm in the right place, Johnathan thought as more students were piling in. For a second-

"Hey, man. Look, you seem like a cool guy, how about you tell me a bit about yourself." The voice came from Carter, who interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh hey, Carter. Well for starters, I come from a rich family." he replied, trying not to be haughty. He quickly scanned over the crowd before responding, "What about you?"

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Getting a response from Johnathan, "Oh hey, Carter. Well for starters, I come from a rich family. What about you?" Carter noticed that he was looking at the crowd, so he did the same while responding back. "Um, heh, I came from a poor family, so, what do you do for fun? I don't mind a good game of Soccer or a nice dip in the pool me self."

As he said this, he saw that the people here could be good buddies with him, but he wanted to know this John kid some more, he seemed like he was special.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

"Seems we have something in common", he lowered his head a bit. "I like to listen to music and play sports." Johnathan was glad Carter changed the subject. He didn't like to talk about his family a lot. "So, what do you think of this place so far?" He asked, not wanting the conversation to turn into a awkward silence.

He put his hands in his pockets. He could be patient, but he was itching to find out what kind of club this was. He hoped he didn't have to stay in the dark too long.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Carter was glad he was getting along with John. " Um... This place has good food I guess. I want to know more about this club, though. I guess we'll just wait and see what's in store for us, the people here don't look like they are from some sport team or whatever."

Carter looked around the room, not getting much of what type of club this is,but it didn't concern Carter, he liked surprises.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:46 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98  Next