The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Fire Emblem Fates 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
kb wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-lybyJ-yVg ]

"In a recent interview, Rena Strober (the voice actress for Aqua/Azura) revealed that the voice actors for Fire Emblem: Fates weren't supplied any info on the characters they were voicing; no character bios, no list of character traits, not even their character's names were given. Nintendo of America/Treehouse simply handed them their lines and told them to perform. This is why the voicework for so many characters is so terrible."

Okay, at this point it's becoming completely obvious: They never gave a single s*** about the localisation. Like, ever.

how is this even real

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:50 pm

also after poking around a bit it turns out that cutting out the skinship stuff means just under 2000 voice files have been cut from the game

honestly, I don't even think they censored it because it's ~creepy~ and ~gross~. they probably just didn't want to f*** pay the English VAs that much

also despite this the filesize is still bigger than the Japanese version somehow

idk if that's s*** coding (wouldn't put it past them with how much of a clear rushjob this is) or if the Japanese voices are still in there and just dummied out

and if it is the latter, are they planning to charge for the option to use them? would anyone really be surprised at this point if they did?

this is probably the last I'm going to post in this topic, I think I've made all of the points I need to. the game is out tomorrow, if you're dumb enough to still buy it after all this s*** then you should at least be able to talk about it without me constantly reminding you how dumb you are

also there's still no European release date. just as the final "f*** you" from nintendo to me.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:23 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
kb wrote:
idk if that's s*** coding (wouldn't put it past them with how much of a clear rushjob this is) or if the Japanese voices are still in there and just dummied out
I haven't programmed on the level of an entire game release, but my experience is that the code itself doesn't take up much space. I don't imagine that's the reason

Maybe the latter, hard to say. I doubt it's the former though

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

It was 5am when I wrote that, I meant compiling lol

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 am

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
2017 news: Intelligent Systems starts working on a new Advance Wars, NoA changes it into a Fire Emblem game to increase sales, forgets to remove the original graphics from the code

Somehow the original Advance Wars models are altered anyway

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:37 pm

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
There's a plan to modify the FE:If translation patch to all of the existing Fates games. I don't know if I can post the link to the forum, but the details are here:

Quote:
Patch Overview (Planned):

The currently existing patcher for the Fire Emblem: If Fan Translation will be modified to work with all editions of Fire Emblem: Fates.
Multiple zip files will be released, each one designed to be read by the patcher (eg. Names will be one zip, Amie another zip).

Planned: Simply drag what patch files you want into a predefined folder, and the patcher will automatically rewrite your rom file as needed.

Planned Patch Files:

- Name Restoration: Reverts the localized names to the romanized names from the Japanese edition.
- Amie Restoration: Restore face-rubbing into Fire Emblem: Fates. The blowing functionality may be lost.
- Fan Translation: Replaces Fire Emblem: Fates script with the fan-translation script.
- Japanese VA: Change the game audio to all Japanese files. (This is a hard write, a menu option is impossible to write in.)

There's a chance that it may be released 2-3 weeks after the release, but it may change.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
i have to say, i'm enjoying this game a lot more than i thought i would

i'm playing Hard Classic Birthright at the moment, the difficulty is fine and grinding doesn't break the game (quickly, anyways, unless you want to actually get 1-4 EXP per kill), neither does pair up. a LOT of units on the Hoshido side are really frail though, and even some of the shared units have incredibly low HP (i used a Seraph Robe on Azura, still has less HP than Felicia at the same level)

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:21 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
YouTube Video:

This is what you paid for Kuro

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:53 am

that's pretty f*** tbh
at least it's just that one support, but that's really dumb

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:00 am
YIM

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Rapty wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wjaX0orUSM ]
This is what you paid for Kuro

I honestly find this funny cause some dude was messing around with the Blazing Sword rom and a did support conversation JUST like that lmao. I can't find the vid for the life of me. Still kinda dumb, tho.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:46 am

I have personally known people that have bonded from intense silent stare-downs just like that.

So, in Birthright, does anyone else feel that they didn't take into account Corrin can just hop on any of your flying units in chapter 12 and complete the stage in 3 turns? I'm pretty sure you can beat that level without engaging once. I mean you can't get the chest that way, but with the same strat you can just wait right next to the exit 2-3 extra turns and snag the chest without fearing the increased agro.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 pm

honestly i figured that was the intention, considering that if you take up about 3 turns, Azura tells you to hurry up or else you'll be overwhelmed

not to mention that you're being chased down by incredibly powerful units

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 pm
YIM

It felt like, to me, the intention is to use the dragon vein to freeze the water and cross. I mean there's a dragon vein on the map right next to the chest that say it will freeze the water.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:55 pm

it is an option but if you did that you'd get bombarded with the hilarious amount of enemies

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:20 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
ok hold on so let me get this straight Conquest is literally a 1 play game? after i beat it i would have to start completely over to do anything else? how does DLC even function in that version? That doesn't even sound fun. how would the player do literally anything??? I want the game but at the same time there is too much s*** i want to know about the difference between versions and so far conquest sounds so much more unfun if i ever want to go back to it after i finish.

I AM APPLE

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:17 am
 [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next