The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:02 am

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Issues with the Japanese Tier List 

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
people can tell if someone is suffering because of lag. They try to do something but end up either doing it too soon, or too late. Occasionally not at all

Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 pm

There may be a Japanese SSF2 scene in some capacity, but it has not proven why it deserves its place on the tier list page. The source of the tier list is sketchy, tournaments for their scene have apparently stopped, and there is doubt that these people are even real and not just alt accounts. I checked the Japanese video hosting website, NicoNico, for videos about SSF2 and this is what I got: http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%20%E3%8 ... =0&opt_md= . No tournament gameplay here. This post has been up for a week, and there is still debate on whether it exists or not. It should be taken down until the Japanese scene can provide a reason for them to be taken seriously and proof of their existence.

Also, to Starkiller, you couldn't think of anyone Machiavellian enough to go through all this trouble? Did you forget about Monte, the guy who is literally known for blackmailing a guy to make him give up his beta DATs. A person who has repeatedly made alt account after alt account, going as far to steal and use pictures of Asian boys and French girls in order to make him look more legitimate. The person who altered his tournament results SEVEN MONTHS AFTER and deleted it after I called him out on it. There is no way to know whether or whether not he did it, but to say that there is no one that devious is a lie.

Thank you very much for the discussion everybody. @Dark Ermac, if it's possible, could you tell the Vendetta player to come here and share some information? It would be interesting to see if he could help us.

Subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRau009BhLEGvBRrMTGcLA. I like to upload tournament replays, highlight videos, and other SSF2 content

Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
AxeEnding999 wrote:
Also, to Starkiller, you couldn't think of anyone Machiavellian enough to go through all this trouble?

No no no no you misunderstood what I meant. I am 99% sure Monte faked the whole thing (and 80% sure he wasn't alone), but what I was referring to was someone who could fake the scene, then INTENTIONALLY want us to know it was fake for some larger goal of destabilizing the scene further. I was not referring to just the act of faking the Japanese scene. He never even tried to commit to making it work out, the lie never took off. Morally grey enough to do something like this yes, but devious enough to make it work? Ha!

me wrote:
Worst case, it could even be a part of a larger strategy to destabilize the entire ssf2 community (in that we were meant to not be fooled), but I don't think there is a single person in the community Machiavellian enough to come up with such a plan and act on it.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat May 27, 2017 11:29 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Starkiller wrote:
AxeEnding999 wrote:
Also, to Starkiller, you couldn't think of anyone Machiavellian enough to go through all this trouble?

No no no no you misunderstood what I meant. I am 99% sure Monte faked the whole thing (and 80% sure he wasn't alone), but what I was referring to was someone who could fake the scene, then INTENTIONALLY want us to know it was fake for some larger goal of destabilizing the scene further. I was not referring to just the act of faking the Japanese scene. He never even tried to commit to making it work out, the lie never took off. Morally grey enough to do something like this yes, but devious enough to make it work? Ha!

me wrote:
Worst case, it could even be a part of a larger strategy to destabilize the entire ssf2 community (in that we were meant to not be fooled), but I don't think there is a single person in the community Machiavellian enough to come up with such a plan and act on it.

You guys still let him roam so I don't want to hear it.

Anyway, Axe took it off so we are good now. However, concerning different scenes, how would you guys feel about an offline scene tier list? I am curious to hear your opinions on this.

Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Who gave Wiki mods the list??? Surely there was a middle man between Japan's scene and us if we got a list to begin with.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon May 29, 2017 9:38 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Suli Hyuga wrote:
Who gave Wiki mods the list??? Surely there was a middle man between Japan's scene and us if we got a list to begin with.

Ermac is the one who put it there. We allow Ermac and Doqk free reign when it comes BR decisions and stuff.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2