The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next
Peach 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
Here's what I picked up on

•Air Speed feels faster
•Peach Bomber feels slightly faster
•Turnip pluck feels faster
•Dtilt feels sped up
•Nair's sprite looks like it matches the hitbox but it still makes Peach's entire body look smaller.

I can deconfirm the air speed change, it is the same as last version. However, that doesn't mean her ability to change directions has been increased. Plus, since every character's second jump can more quickly change their direction, perhaps that only makes her air speed look faster.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Here's what I picked up on

•Air Speed feels faster
•Peach Bomber feels slightly faster
•Turnip pluck feels faster
•Dtilt feels sped up
•Nair's sprite looks like it matches the hitbox but it still makes Peach's entire body look smaller.

I can deconfirm the air speed change, it is the same as last version. However, that doesn't mean her ability to change directions has been increased. Plus, since every character's second jump can more quickly change their direction, perhaps that only makes her air speed look faster.

I'm pretty sure all of those are placebo lol. In the patch notes, the only things about Peach that changed are her turnips now will hit opponents away rather than towards you and Toad does less damage.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:22 am

i believe her turnip game got some serious uplift with the patch... those grab-launched turnips come at very good angles.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
WAR-THERAPY wrote:
i believe her turnip game got some serious uplift with the patch... those grab-launched turnips come at very good angles.

I´ll have to disagree, As Sorabotics mentioned- in the other patch when you were on the right side opponents that got hit with turnips would be hit towards you; which left you an easy follow-up, and if it got blocked it you just had to grab and try to start a combo, also when you throwed the turnip away it would drop just behind you which was great because you could basiclly roll away and if they tried to punish you they would only be hit by the turnip or even trade with it, but they won´t be able to follow-up, it was a good way to approach as well IMO.

Now, althought the turnips when release-throwed are indeed send in a good angle they only seem to be viable for edgeguarding and they still not even as good as in 0.8b with that insanely good hitstun. And is it me or is Up-air hitbox a bit smaller/weaker?, I think it is... and with this little change in her turnips I almost feel like I´ll have to learn the whole character all over again .

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:40 pm
BR Member

Yo Peach's if someone is above you near a platform, use parasol and open and close it rapidly into a grab or D-smash, its quite good. Also, if someone is on the top platform of Dreamland or Battlefield, Parasol autocancels if done from the ground, which you can convert into a grab or smash attack. Here's an example of the first scenario
YouTube Video:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:00 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Grab thrown turnips are godsend for Peach's turnip game. They aim diagnolly down, covering that angle for edgeguarding. They also bounce higher off of your opponent, so you can save turnips alot easier.

Also what's the use of fair? It doesn't kill till 130-150% and sends opponents at that upward angle so it counter intuitive to edgeguard with. It also has notable landing lag even when float canceled. What's the point of using it over NAir?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:28 am
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
It doesn't kill till 130-150%

Who have you been fighting

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:21 am
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
Grab thrown turnips are godsend for Peach's turnip game. They aim diagnolly down, covering that angle for edgeguarding. They also bounce higher off of your opponent, so you can save turnips alot easier.

Also what's the use of fair? It doesn't kill till 130-150% and sends opponents at that upward angle so it counter intuitive to edgeguard with. It also has notable landing lag even when float canceled. What's the point of using it over NAir?

Fair kills at different percents depending on the opponent's weight and DI. Its a good kill move when catching someone on a platform, it kills earlier. It has more range, so when you tech chase in float, it can help continue the tech chase since Nair might not reach. You should be tech chasing just floating right above the ground and not dropping to the ground while attacking. Nair is optimal, but if they roll a bit too far away, use Fair. It also edgeguards high recoveries quite well if you read it.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:52 pm
BR Member

Not a lot of things more satisfying than when you start kicking peach's a** with a mr. saturn she pulled.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:58 pm
BR Member

Here are some deep Peach edgeguards I did online recently
YouTube Video:

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Can anyone tell me why Peach can pull out an ODDISH? How does this thing work in terms of damage? And does anybody know which faces do which amount of KB and damage?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:03 pm
BR Member

Skailler wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Peach can pull out an ODDISH? How does this thing work in terms of damage? And does anybody know which faces do which amount of KB and damage?

Idk man, because they felt like it, and its pretty fitting and cool imo. With the hit and poison, it does 21% I believe.

This part might be hard to describe, but let me try:

Very Happy: 6%, Happy: 7%, Annoyed: 7%, Angry: 10%, Crying: 10%, Slit: 11%, Dead/Terrified: 10% (these are all regular turnip KB).

Lipstick: 16% (medium KB)

Stitch: 36% (High KB)

These are from what I remember, I had a document attempting to get probabilities, but I couldn't pull a stitch for whatever reason.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:19 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Sorabotics wrote:
Skailler wrote:

Idk man, because they felt like it, and its pretty fitting and cool imo. With the hit and poison, it does 21% I believe.

Very Happy: 6%, Happy: 7%, Annoyed: 7%, Angry: 10%, Crying: 10%, Slit: 11%, Dead/Terrified: 10% (these are all regular turnip KB).

These are from what I remember, I had a document attempting to get probabilities, but I couldn't pull a stitch for whatever reason.

Thanks man! I hope this will help my awful Peach.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:34 am
BR Member

Skailler wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Skailler wrote:

Thanks man! I hope this will help my awful Peach.

No problem! Make sure to check out my full Peach tutorial when it comes out :)

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:30 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Oddish is my favorite turnip. <3
Without him Peach is bottom tier. Lmfao

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 pm
YIM
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next