The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:10 pm

[ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next
MG Mafia XIX: Dota 2 Mafia - GG 

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
usuk wrote:
Well, I imagine asking questions and getting answers would be helpful as well, so I don't see why you would just ignore what I asked you. So I'll ask again: don't you have anything to say about the fact that two people have already voted you?

Is there really much to it? I could just be defending myself, but it would be a lot more productive if we get the full circle of things and only then get to the specifics, not really any point in these claims that are shots in the dark based on the sole fact that Dephius appeared to take my side, which could just be the fact he is scum and is looking for a townie to put in the hot seat or just to soften me up to any accusations I could have towards him, or just townie points in general by appearing active and pro-town. That's what I have to say about those two people that voted on me.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 pm

I'd just like to say that my position still stands.

Due to his interactions (which were mutual, by the way) with Dephius early in the game, I have a strong feeling that Nixter is our last mafia.

It would take a lot to change my mind, at this point.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:00 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Nixter wrote:
usuk wrote:
Well, I imagine asking questions and getting answers would be helpful as well, so I don't see why you would just ignore what I asked you. So I'll ask again: don't you have anything to say about the fact that two people have already voted you?

Is there really much to it? I could just be defending myself, but it would be a lot more productive if we get the full circle of things and only then get to the specifics

Erm, what? If we want to get the full circle, and find out everything, we need the specifics.

Vote: Nixter

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:56 pm

King Arthur wrote:
Nixter wrote:
usuk wrote:

Is there really much to it? I could just be defending myself, but it would be a lot more productive if we get the full circle of things and only then get to the specifics

Erm, what? If we want to get the full circle, and find out everything, we need the specifics.

Not knowing our night actions is exactly what we need, we look at the specifics after, the specifics kinda defeats the whole point of getting the big general idea as fast as possible, then only to go into detail with what we know.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Currently Playing: animal f*** crossing,
Nixter wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Nixter wrote:
usuk wrote:

Not knowing our night actions is exactly what we need, we look at the specifics after, the specifics kinda defeats the whole point of getting the big general idea as fast as possible, then only to go into detail with what we know.
...? So what we want is the general idea, which would be... what, exactly? What sort of 'general idea' is there in this sort of scenario? How does a general idea help? You need to look at details to get the general idea anyway, as Arthur said. And all the little slips you need to catch people are details as well; if you just looked at the 'general idea' of a post it would be easy to miss a sentence or a phrase that's suspicious. You're making no sense at all, so...

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

As far as I'm concerned, we have no full story on night actions, you're placing your judgement on a mafioso who could very well have just been siding with me for townie points, everyone is being impatient, and it will no do no good to demand for results too quickly before you can make a clear vote when you don't know 1. the night actions and 2. what fallacies you may find from said night actions

If you guys are solely voting on me for an either/or situation that has no strong evidence towards one side, claim that as a scum trigger, then refuse to co-operate and hide night actions, you will find yourself lynching a townie today, not the best idea.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:19 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Nixter, why do think it important to share our night actions?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

We can catch actions that do not add up to everyone else's story, it's worth a shot as there is only one last mafiso left in the game.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

And what's to stop the mafioso from just

You know

Lying

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 pm

We could try piecing the night actions together and there should be some sort of conflict in people's stories, we would be able to pick out lies, such as them claiming a vanilla role, or them refraining from using their ability by questioning them or counter-claiming (such as an imbalance of vanillas), if done correctly, we should be able to come up with a feasible means to prove someone's lying based on night actions, shaky night action stories, role claims, and then tie it together with what happened in the day phase.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Nixter wrote:
we would be able to pick out lies, such as them claiming a vanilla role

Hmm... sounds familiar, no?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:50 pm

I told you, I'm not 100% vanilla, my guess is something either triggers an ability(such as being targeted by mafia) or after a set number of days I gain an ability, my character is Puck and is said to be slippery and unpredictable, so not even I have a confirmation of any possibility of abilities.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Currently Playing: animal f*** crossing,
So I'm going to have no internet access from 10 PM PST tonight because of my older brother being a jerk. I'm not sure for how long, worst case scenario it's until he leaves for college in a few months (oh god i hope that doesn't happen). There's a slight chance that it won't happen but yeah, I kinda doubt it because I don't even know what he wants from me.

Anyway, since chances are I won't be able to say this later, I'm Kardel Sharpeye and I'm a one-shot vig. On Night 1 (I believe it was Thomas Terminator at the time) my predecessor targeted Champ. Champ didn't die, so there are four possibilities I know of:

1) Arthur's claim is true and his ability stopped Champ from dying

2) Genis jailkept Champ

3) Genis jailkept me

4) Dephius roleblocked me

In my opinion, Arthur's claim being true seems the most plausible.

So yeah, see you sometime.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:26 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Day has been going on over a month,
Deadline set for next Wednesday

AMA

Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 am

Okay, the deadline is tomorrow.

Can someone PLEASE vote, already?

Tue May 13, 2014 7:26 pm
 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next