The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Amiibo 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Unless you live under a rock, at this point you've probably heard of Nintendo's new line of interactive figurines called Amiibos. These figurines can be scanned by either the WiiU, Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS to add additional content to specific games. Games that support ammibos include but are not limited to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8.
Content that you can unlock with Amiibos varies from game to game- In Smash Bros. they can be used to create 'figure players', they can unlock new weapons in Hyrule Warriors and in One Piece: Gigant Battle X they can be used to unlock Nintendo-themed costumes for example.

What Amiibos have you bought so far? What if your favourite Amiibo? What Amiibos are you looking forward to? What do you think of the concept and how they are currently incorporated? Discuss away~

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Last edited by Steven on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:32 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I have Kirby, Samus & Pit with Toon Link in the mail

I want to get Ike and also Meta Knight and Shulk but those last two are already sold out and god knows they're gonna be expensive

Nintendo struck a gold mine with these little figures. They're constantly sold out as far as I can tell

I don't even use them with games much, I just like having the neat little figures for my desk

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:25 am
Site Moderator

I have a weakness for figurines as well so I found it hard not to jump at the chance. Right now I have Link, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Pikachu, Samus, Mario and a boxed Marth (which I probably will sell later). I'm looking forward to Greninja, Mewtwo and Shulk, not sure which ones I'll get besides those. I think many of the figurines are high quality and I enjoy going to the shop every now and then to check them out and buy the best one.

I'm kind of wondering how they're gonna handle Shulk (and Meta Knight for that matter) outside of the US tho since in the US it's an exclusive to Target (?). I hope they'll just be available at all shops here, although I'm not sure if the smaller shops will get Shulks in stock since he isn't a very well known character (though up untill now they have had all Amiibos widely available online and offline).

I agree with you that it's a goldmine. Though I do think that the incorporation of the figure platforms into the games is still a bit weak. I think there s a lot of potentional, but then again Amiibos are still pretty new so I think they're still expirimenting with the bits and pieces.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:34 am
Site Moderator

Shulk is Gamestop here

Game incorporation is a bit weak but tbh I don't use it with games that much anyway. That stuff's more of a bonus for me. That said I do really like the way they've approached the figures as compare to Skylanders or Infinity (no "base" Amiibo game, just accenting other games), and I'm hoping for something I actually enjoy to pop up later, but if my Kirby is always just a neat Kirby for my desk then that's still really neat

Especially since this way we'll get neat figures of characters who would've been too small to get merch otherwise, like Ike or Sholk

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 am
Site Moderator

Yeah I do agree that not being forced to buy figurines in order to play a game is a good way of going about it. Like, now you have the choice to expand your playing expierence with neat figurines as opposed to needing to buy more figures to progress.

I'm really interested in what Amiibo series Nintendo will launch aside from Smash Bros. I'm personally hoping for a Zelda and Pokémon line.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:38 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Still wondering In wich Way is Captain Toad TT going to use amiibo

Dude. I don't want Hats.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:47 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself

Hat's and suits, That's what we always got.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:37 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
I'm wondering if there will be more amiibos to work like in Smash Bros. (games that write data on the amiibo itself) and notjust features that give you alternate costumes or items (games and only add data for the game, not on the amiibo).

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
I have Diddy Kong, Luigi, and Zelda right now, with Shulk, Mega Man, and Ike pre-ordered, and I won Little Mac on ebay. Still trying to find that Villager I payed for right before the price spike...

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
I really, really wish the Toon Link Amiibo would have made Toon Link playable in Hyrule Warriors.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Rapty wrote:
I really, really wish the Toon Link Amiibo would have made Toon Link playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah, that is kind of a jip.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Samus with two cannons is pretty funny, and I guess having a defect does make it uniq- Marth but with SLIGHTLY BENT SWORD $500

anyway

the game integration is kinda cool i guess but i really wish the actual figures were bigger + better quality

just don't get why you'd bother when you can pay a little more to get a much better figure for the nintendo characters that have them

especially when you live in the US and you don't have to pay import tax on them seriously f*** you assholes

unless you're really really desperate to have one of a character that probably won't get a proper figure or really poor, what's the point?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:37 am
Site Moderator

kyuubae wrote:
unless you're really really desperate to have one of a character that probably won't get a proper figure or really poor
Both

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

So I just found out about this. This is complete and utter s***, and this guy should be blacklisted from buying amiibo in general. All the email accounts and IPs he used.

http://www.destructoid.com/man-hate-buy ... 5999.phtml

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:59 pm

KeybladePON-3 wrote:
So I just found out about this. This is complete and utter s***, and this guy should be blacklisted from buying amiibo in general. All the email accounts and IPs he used.

http://www.destructoid.com/man-hate-buy ... 5999.phtml

Yeah, I already posted that in the news thread.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm
 [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next