The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 am

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Brikmaethor wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
What exactly do you mean by claim?

He means to say that the group might ask you to reveal your role.

Actually, while on the subject of role reveals, what are your guys' opinions on having (one of) the investigative role(s) claim so that (one of) the protective role(s) can cover them tonight? The only potential issue that I can see with it is that if said protective role dies, then the investigative role is as good as dead. Is it a gamble worth taking?

Yes that does sound risky. If the doctor and investigator reveal themselves the mafia would know who they are too. This also kind of make you look scummy if you think about it. According to 194 the mafia only knows our characters names not there roles. So you could be a mafia trying to get two of the most important roles in the game or a genuine towns per... Okay I'm not going to overthink it, but I'm not gonna try anything hasty either. Anyways I like to withdraw my vote since the silent one has finally voted his reason for not posting. These reasons aren't exactly trustworthy though so I'm still gonna keep an eye on him.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:13 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Brikmaethor wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
What exactly do you mean by claim?

He means to say that the group might ask you to reveal your role.

No, I mean the group might ask you to reveal your character's name. Not their role

Brikmaethor wrote:
Actually, while on the subject of role reveals, what are your guys' opinions on having (one of) the investigative role(s) claim so that (one of) the protective role(s) can cover them tonight? The only potential issue that I can see with it is that if said protective role dies, then the investigative role is as good as dead. Is it a gamble worth taking?

Could be interesting, but it doesn't take into account double ups of certain roles. I said it before, we shoudl reveal names, not roles.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:36 am

Whoops huh ignore my last post (except for the unvoting thing.) I thought brikmeator was asking for a protective role to reveal himself too...my bad.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
crabbyman66 wrote:
That would be me then. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to wait for the next day and nl. I would be able to have accurate info on at least one person. Armed with the results of my investigation, and the actions of individuals during day 1 and night 1, we would be very likely to lynch mafia on day 2.

This is crazy. I can't believe I'm doing the same thing like last game.

I am an investigator. My name is Dr. Andrew Schrader, the Mentor. The reason for my previous nl is the same as crabby. I guess either we do have two investigative roles in the game, or Crabby is scum. So, to the protective role, please choose who to protect. I don't know if maybe Crabby is scum or not, but if he is, I hope you make the right decision.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
*facepalm*

Genis, you do realise that EVERYONE would be looking at crabby, all of the investigative roles would check him out and all of the protective roles would protect him. We would know if he was mafia or not.

As it stands now, Genis' claim was more concrete than crabby's; crabby has not given his name and thus can't be cc'd.

Genis, I suggest you don't out the nature of your investigative prowess at the moment.

I also doubt there'd only be one investigative role in this game. Just saying.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

Gold wrote:
*facepalm*

Genis, you do realise that EVERYONE would be looking at crabby, all of the investigative roles would check him out and all of the protective roles would protect him. We would know if he was mafia or not.

As it stands now, Genis' claim was more concrete than crabby's; crabby has not given his name and thus can't be cc'd.

Genis, I suggest you don't out the nature of your investigative prowess at the moment.

Yeah but if there are more then one then one of the two is either paranoid or crazy.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:38 pm

MGN Username: Pach
For all we know, one of them could be mafia, and the other investigator hasn't claimed yet. I will admit that Crabby does seem more suspicious simply because he didn't state his name. But for now, I will hold my vote. Also, in my last post, I mentioned lynching one of the counter-claims. I now realize that this is a bad idea, since we would risk losing our investigator. A no-lynch would be probable in this situation (although with the deadline being Saturday, this may happen anyways) since we could wait for the real investigator to get some information (The mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to kill their counter-claim) so we may have a clear (or guilty). We also get a chance to see who acts scummiest instead of picking one of them at random. Then, we would have one, possibly two, mafia confirmed.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:40 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
crabbyman66 wrote:
That would be me then. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to wait for the next day and nl. I would be able to have accurate info on at least one person. Armed with the results of my investigation, and the actions of individuals during day 1 and night 1, we would be very likely to lynch mafia on day 2.

I don't like this. Why would you claim a role without telling us the Layton name? Right now it seems that you're trying to fakeclaim but forgot that we're playing with a theme. Now I'll ask you. What is the name of your role?
Gold wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
Gold wrote:
Based on my previous games with BB, he is ALWAYS scummy. I quite literally mean always. What are peoples' opinions on getting him to claim now to prevent mishap later?

I would want to see a claim from Blood, but a lynch would be too risky atm. You don't want to rush to lynching when we still have until Sunday to make a decision.

Yet you may have noticed that I'm not casting votes. I'm throwing ideas around and seeing what people think of them.
Never said you were.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey I was wondering if I could be on the replacements(again...) and then if I replace someone, the return of the confusing Vocaloid IS THEN!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Well, I guess I'm going to go with my idea and No Lynch.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry, can't edit post.

I would also like to request a Vote Count.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:24 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Brik: He looks as clean as a washed and waxed whistle, and he's making fantastic arguments,
but what he's not doing, however, is taking action. Fine paragraphs of logic, I will give him that.
You might notice though, that he almost never accuses or votes after his long-drawn-out thoughts.
He's waiting for someone to understand and agree with him and vote in favor of his logic, in order
to not look suspicious for doing it first, and then he will take action, but not before.

If he's so in favor of not lynching, then I would like to know why he hasn't voted that yet.

Yes. I didn't even notice that, but yes. There is the point that makes Brikmaethor shine so brightly. I have loved that strategy so much, could never pull it off myself, but always got caught with it. It's easy to see how an intellectual poster like Brikmaethor could sway the entire town, just as quickly as Gold could. I've still got my sights on Gold, but for now, I'm voting Brikmaethor.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm gonna vote crabbyman66 next unless he explains his skimpy role claim.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:54 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Day 1: Third vote count.

[1] Gold: Brikmaethor
[1] Brikmaethor: Panthera leo
[1] No lynch: crabbyman66, Pachino

bold for concrete votes.

Not voting yet:
-DJ Wizard Cop*
-Fly or Die
-Believeblood
-The Silent One*
-Tid
-Gold
-Genis
-DarkWolf93**

*warned by inactivity
**will be replaced soon.

With 12 people alive, you need 7 votes to lynch someone.
DEADLINE: Saturday 10th, 22:00 EST. If deadline is reached with no consensus, no lynch will happen.

YouTube Video:

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Last edited by Ikuyo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Gold wrote:
*facepalm*

I can see what I messed up on. I can see why you would think that there would be more than one investigative role. Also, I don't know what you mean by the bolded sentence.

As for lynching, I'm assuming that a lynch should give a better chance against the mafia. If we can't get anyone by Saturday, we should at least plan out what we should do for tonight.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:52 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 30  Next