The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Admin

"The password is, you better open your door right now before I kick it down!" yelled Amy cheerfully, though the undertone of the threat was quite clear as the girl continued knocking on her door.

"We were thinking of having a girls' night in," called out Harpreet "Amy brought over some of her hair stuff and make up stuff, and I have a few new outfits that I designed that you need to try on."

------------------------------------------------------------------

An image began to swirl throughout the glass orb as the light reflected off of the surface. He saw fire, rapidly moving fire swirling about as if it were alive. The fire swirled around into the image of a black stone, which then dissolved into a gust of ice and snow which swirled about and filled the globe. Light then began to reflect off of the orb and onto the walls around Daniel, they crackled and shifted as the dust and debris fell from the walls and revealed polished walls of copper reflecting all around him. He saw a child with four brown wings and a young man with what looked like a sword made of light standing in front of the child as if protecting him from something; something that was behind Daniel. Behind him was a different scene; a group of students he didn't recognize, who were wearing Archlight Academy uniforms and a young man were in a hall fighting something in a hospital ward. Scene after scene, various images flashed on all the walls, the glass globe, and even the reflection in the pool of water.

What Maximilian said was true, her sisters had probably gone through their own ordeals, and they probably didn't have to deal with a fallen angel on their first mission. Why they hadn't bothered to mention it to her, she did not know, her mother did say that they had all inherited her father's pride. Besides, even Miss Rachel herself could only send the fallen angel away, and she was one of the most powerful people in the city as far as she could sense, her sisters would've been in the same situation had they been there. She felt a tiny bit less inadequate in comparison to her sisters and the rest of her family. Once again she found herself smiling as she walked, though when he asked what she wanted to do after she graduated she found herself perplexed.

"I haven't really thought about it" she admitted, "I don't think I'll need to get a job when I'm older, my family has a bunch of global investments," she stopped, "Maybe travel the world? Go to university? I don't know what for though...What about you? What are your dreams?"

"Well," she got up from her seat with a stretch "I have a bit of homework tonight, though I think I saw Aliyah head into the common television area a few seconds ago, she'd probably be willing to hangout," Chantelle folded up her blanket and walked towards the door to her room, "If you have any questions though, feel free to ask me, or shoot me a message on my PDA," she walked into her room and shut the door behind her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As Lloyd walked into the dorm common area he felt a friendly pat on the back, "Ah! The new student finally shows his face!" boomed Paolo with a hearty laugh "Lucky devil, you got to skip out of Doctor V's cell diagram lecture, I guess that's one of the perks of the oh so mysterious Darren Archive Club. I'm Paolo, nice to meet ya" he put his hand out for Lloyd to shake.

Pulling open the diamond shaped compartments Logan found it filled halfway with scrolls. The scrolls seemed a bit peculiar, as they definitely did not look as old as the rest of the building, and they were labelled in Greek and English with what must have been a label maker, and the paper did not look ancient either. These particular scrolls seemed to be titled, Isle of Atlas, Apollon, Lucinus, Bellatoris, Athenas, and Roma. Were ge to unwind any of the scrolls he would find Greek printed on one side and English on the other side. Each printed electronically in neat columns on the scroll.

As Dom hopped about from building to building he thought he could hear a collection of unfamiliar voices riding on the wind coming from the west.

As Damian sat in the library he was tapped on the shoulder. Opening his eyes he would see one of his classmates smiling at him. She had wide brown eyes and very curly brown hair, clutched to her chest was a red book and she had a matching red pencil behind her ear. It was Fiona. "Hey!" she said cheerily "You're tall, right? Would you mind reaching up there and grabbing me that book on the history of pop music?" she pointed to a book that was clearly out of the her reach, but possible for Damian to grab.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:44 pm
Site Moderator

"My dreams-" Maximilian allowed his eyes to drift shut as a smirk glanced his face. "when you put it like that it makes it sound so introversive and romantic." Upon opening his eyes Maximilian spotted a fountain in the middle of the plaza. It seemed well enough of a place to sit and talk for awhile before they moved on, so Maximilian did just that. Once he had fixed himself to the fountain's side he gestured for Evelyn to join him and then continued on with his answer. "It's not quite a dream but, I suppose the first thing I would like to do is to go home and help my grandfather. He's a composer and he's brilliant, he really is. He's been writing music since he was a boy and quite a few of his arrangements are absolutely gorgeous. He's quite old now though, he's lost most of his hearing and his sight is near non-existent. There's still a song in his head though, his magnum opus, he's sure of it. I owe it to him to try help him finish it before it's too late. God knows no one else in my family would ever bother with him." He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts. He would have continued on to explain more about his family but it seemed inappropriate to delve into his family's plentiful problems and was especially irresponsible to worry anyone else about them.

"You know..." He started up once more in his usual relaxed tone, though in truth he was eager to move away from the subject at hand. "when we first spoke back at the start of the exercise, I was amazed to see you upset." Maximilian's allowed his body and head to lean backwards as he eyes began to search the sky above. He didn't seem entirely there as he continued on, it was obvious other thoughts were on his mind. "I'm sure very few people have ever seen that side of you, and I'm sure if it were up to you no one would ever see it again, but y'know..." his voiced lowered to a whisper as he continued to scan the tropical sky. "you were pretty cute when you were all worked up like that." his face changed to a small, innocent smile as he teased her lightly, hoping that it wouldn't provoke her wrath.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:11 am

Tsubaki pursed her lips at Johnathan's reply, though she should have expected a response that she wouldn't really be ready for. People didn't look melancholy for positive reasons.

"Wakarimasen, I don't understand, why would you quit the club?"

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"Yeah, the club has all kinds of perks. One of them is that I'm excused from classes all week. I'm Lloyd." He said as he shook his hand. It was actually quite refreshing to socialize with the untouched, it was a break from all the expectations, responsibilities and the pressure of being Omnivident. Lloyd distinctly remembered how to handle talk about the club from his old school. "So that means I unfortunately get to miss out on all those wonderful lectures. Though I'm sure you'll fill me in and tell me all about it." he said jokingly as he patted him back. 

"Aren't you my roommate? What do you guys do around here for fun?" He asked, since he didn't have anywhere to be right now. 

-----

Johnathan gazed into space momentarily and sighed deeply before looking back at Tsubaki. It was a good feeling to have someone to talk to. "Because I'm too weak. I'm not good enough. I feel like I'm holding everybody and myself back." He said, doing his best to keep his voice steady. "Maybe this club isn't cut out for me." 

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:35 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian was shaken out of his thoughts by a girl. He had seen her in his classes before and he towered over her. Then again, the age difference had him towering over mostly everybody in his classes. He looked at Fiona, then at the book. "Oh yeah sure." He rose to his feet and walked toward the book, reaching up with his hand and managing to pull it out. He held it in his hands and looked over it, giving a light smile. "Pop huh?" He held it out to her so she may take it. "Here you go."

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Logan couldn't contain his excitement at his new discovery. So much history in one place, just waiting to be unearthed! He couldn't wait. The Scot greedily snatched up the scroll titled Apollon and immediately began reading the side that was transcribed in English.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 pm

"Oh, well we all get that feeling sometimes." Tsubaki had said that as though she was laughing off a joke. "I get that feeling a lot. If you look at me compared to anyone else here, you can obviously see why. I have no combat ability, except my arte, which isn't exactly the greatest demon hunting power. I've been raised as an omnivident practically since birth and I'm still outclassed by everyone here, including you."

Tsubaki let out a sigh. This had probably been the longest conversation she'd had without being a total goof, and now she was starting to feel awkward, because she thought she was stealing the conversation. Desperate to get back to Johnny's problem she ventured into shaky terratory.

"I mean, look at you. You surrived a demonic possestion. That alone should be proof you belong."

"Huh," Derrek had been listening to the conversation going on from just out of sight and decided to chime in. "I was going to say that you did kinda win capture the flag, but I think she topped me there. Also you took my pole to the face like a real pro, gotta give you some probs."

Derrek grinned really big and Tsubaki furrowed her brow, he had said that with a hidden meaning that she didn't quite understand.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:27 pm

"I don't know, the way you used Ligare to hold back Carter was pretty amazing. Though I'm still green with my weapons." Johnny said, thinking back of those past events. It was true that he survived being possessed, but it was also something had almost ended his life. Again. Though as a result he had gained more powers that apparently still lay dormant. After a few more moments of speaking with Tsubaki, Derrek appeared and reminded him of his technical win of the game. So far that was the highlight of his day; falling from a tower that was several stories high virtually unscathed. He was doing a pretty good job of hiding his smile, but when Derrek dropped the comment about the pole, he couldn't hold it in anymore and broke out into a grin that was similar to his. 

"I guess you guys are right. Maybe it's because I'm still pretty new at this. I shouldn't expect to be an all-star starting out." He said at the same time having an idea. "What do you guys say we all train in the s**** together? We won't get stronger without any practice and since I was about to practice anyway. If you guys aren't busy I mean." Was it him, or did Johnathan notice he was starting to open up more?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:33 pm

"HAHAHA, nah it's like, past five I've got to go to sleep."

Derrek walked off a bit pived that he didn't get more of a rise out of, what's his name, Freddy or something. Oh well, Derrek was pretty sure he was a first year too, so there was plenty enough time to harass him later. Meanwhile Tsubaki merely glared at the leaving boy, for a moment she felt even a bit jelious for how easily he joined the conversation she was scared to start.

"Sure," she began to reply after a moment of silence. "Though, I don't know how much help I'll be to you."

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 pm
Site Admin

Wow. Evelyn admired, and was mildly jealous of Maximilian's desire to go back home to his grandfather. She had only one grandparent left to her knowledge, a grandmother on her mother's side of the family, but she rarely saw her, and the rest of her grandparents had passed away long before she was born. She wished she had a grandparent to bond with like he did. She dipped her finger in the pool of water at the base of the fountain, drifting her finger slowly through the water and watching as it left a trail of ripples. She only listened silently as he spoke, though raised her eyes as he began to speak again after having paused momentarily. Everything stopped as he mentioned that she looked "cute" earlier. Had any other boy said that to her, she would have pushed him into the fountain and held him under the water until he nearly drowned. In this particular situation however, Maximilian could breathe underwater, and she also viewed Maximilian as someone who she had get a glimpse of her real self, and respected him.

Evelyn was very confused, to say the least. Having been home schooled for her elementary teaching, she had very little experience in the field of romance. Sure, she had developed a very minor crush on the son of one of her father's friends, but that blew over fairly quickly as the family moved to another estate in France. Aside from that, her life had revolved around combat, killing spirits, and developing her abilities; she had no time for boys. However, now that she found herself in such a position, she was a bit perplexed. Maximilian wasn't unattractive, she supposed, his eyes were enchanting and his hair an interesting colour. He was an admirable person, but she didn't know if she found him "cute" as well, she didn't find anyone cute. Unsure of what to say, she felt her cheeks mildly flush warmly:

"Thank...you?" she finally managed to muster as a reply, "So, is your family involved with this whole...supernatural thing as well?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: woahhhhh totally didn't plan that at all. 0.0

"You got that right!" replied Paolo with a smile, he pointed to one of the doors in the hall "That's our room. A few of the guys and I were going to actually head out to the plaza before curfew and pick up a few things. If you want, you're free to come along as well, though I'd understand if you want to chill in your room for the night, settle in a bit."

"Thanks!" smiled Fiona, "Yeah, I'm doing a bit of research. I'm a songwriter you see, and I feel like I could get a bit better by looking into what made the great songwriters of yore so amazing and memorable. You're Damian, right? One of the new kids, like that pink-haired girl. How're you liking things so far?"

Apollon - The City of Seers

Apollon is named after the god of prophecy, Apollo, and is the largest and most known of the settlements on the isle of Atlas. After the Second War of Souls, Agathon, the clear-sighted one, decided that the all-seers must be trained in a location isolated from the rest of the world. As the young all-seers were discovered, they were taken to Apollon to be instructed in the proper use of their gifts, as well as the Oath of Will. Apollon became a centre of knowledge and instruction in the artes as many young all-seers were educated in the knowledge of their gifts. As well, it became an island of mixed culture unlike any other since Babylon, that is, until Rome. The people of Atlas were a people united by their unique ability, rather than their origin; who had often been ostracized by their own people upon the advent of their abilities.

The city flourished as children from throughout the Mediterranean were brought to Apollon. The Athenians saw fit to further develop the academy, as well as create a library holding the extensive history of the all-seers, the knowledge of the artes, as well as various other rituals and ceremonies. Apollon became a centre for all the all-seers, and many chose to make it their home after completing their training. However, as it is well known, the gifts of all-sight are not hereditary, and the city became a mixture of all-seers, touched and the untouched. In order to preserve order in the rapidly expanding city, a Senate forum was established in order to draft laws of conduct within the city. As word of an island blessed with seers spread throughout the lands, people from far and wide venture to the island in search of knowledge, wisdom, and words of the future. The Palace of Seers was built in order to direct the travellers to a single location. There, three all-seers sat as oracles of the city. During this period, the cities of Lucinus, and Bellatoris were established on the island.

During the rise of the Roman Empire, the predominate Greek influence of the city succeeded to the new Latin culture of the Romans. The Liber Artium was created in which all information of the known artes were written into one book. It was also during this era that the Angelorum formed a pact with the angel governing their realm. Thus, no evil spirit is able to operate within the vicinity of Atlas. The all-seers began to spread with the Roman Empire, travelling the known world and using their abilities to vanquish spirits. The population of Apollon slowly went into decline as Rome became the major centre for the all-seers.

OOC: got tired by the end of this >.> no more.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus looked at Chantelle as she left. Lotus longed to chase after her, Completely ignoring Chantelle's words.
"Well it looks like someone pissed her off. Maybe she needs to be alone" Lots shrugged. Lotus began to prowl around the various rooms ultimately ending back at her room. She grabbed her sword before leaving. She began walking to the club room she wanted to learn that adding thing so she could spawn her most valuable weapon.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:24 pm
Site Moderator

She didn't attempt to drown me or bludgeon me, she didn't even seem upset!

Maximilian did his best to contain himself, the whole thing seemed a tad bit too hysterical. He had been joking with Evelyn. He thought she would have immediately taken the idea of being called cute and likened it to how one would speak to an embarrassed child, but instead she thought he was making romantic advances! Perhaps she was just confused though. Her reply to his teasing seemed genuine but cautious, cautious enough that she might just be awkwardly trying to preserve the conversation.

Unfixing his eyes from the sky he began to turn himself towards Evelyn. He hoped to clear the air and explain that he was merely playing with her, but once his eyes eventually meandered towards hers he promptly shut his opening mouth and halted all speech. She was blushing... Was she legitimately alright with him acting so forward and emotionally aggressive? He had never once thought of Evelyn as anything more than a friend, and not too long ago she wasn't even that. In all honesty this whole 'relationship' started simply because he felt he owed her a debt, and although he was slightly too proud to say it, she did save his life. But now, this? It was too fast, and her emotions were too unclear, it was actually making him feel a little... uncomfortable, perhaps even embarrassed. It would be insulting now to try and explain his original intentions and besides, it's not he was leading her on or lying. He generally believed both her personality and appearance were quite refined- even attractive, and calling her 'cute' was a large understatement anyhow. Maximilian needed time to think of something to say, something that wouldn't insult her or ruin whatever relationship the two of them might or might not have just created but there was no longer any time to think. A decent span of time had already passed, perhaps 5 or 10 seconds, in which his laurel eyes were simply starting into hers and even more time had passed since the two had even spoke.

"Not really." Finally, something finally found its way from his brain to his lips. "My grandfather's childhood friend Felix was the only person I knew before I came here who could use Omnivident powers. Apparently some of my more distant ancestors possessed powers, or at least that's what my grandfather and Felix claimed." It felt good to be back into a normal conversation, even if it was about his family. Nevertheless Evelyn's flushed face stuck like glue in his mind. "I suppose the whole Omnivident thing is far more prevalent in your blood when compared to mine?"

ooc: I can see where your mind is now...

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian couldn't help but smile. This girl was very cheery and not at all in a less than good mood like he and the other club members. "It's pretty cool here, I guess I like just about everything except being as old as I am as a first year." That was just about the most honest answer Damian could think of and he was satisfied with it, he decided to add a thought of his to the conversation. "I haven't exactly gotten around to socializing with much people outside of my classes but I'm hoping everyone is decent."

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Johnathan watched as Derrek walked away. He could already tell he would be quite the character. His departure rose another opportunity. Turning back to Tsubaki, Johnny spoke. "Actually I was hoping we would practice our sigils, since our artes are similar... almost..." He was fairly confident that his sigils wouldn't burn anymore and to be sure he wouldn't draw them on either one of them. However Miss Rachel didn't answer his question before she left so he couldn't say he was certain. But if they weren't going to go rescue Carter in the near future, it would give him more than enough time to prepare for that moment. 

-----

Lloyd momentarily looked in the direction Paolo pointed. "Nah, I'll settle in later." He hadn't gotten a good look at the town since he came here so now seemed like a good time. It wouldn't take long though, since the majority he had were clothes. "I'll come if you don't mind."

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 pm

"Oh?" Tsubaki was at a loss for words. Sure she had almost became a Notorum when she was small and her mother drew sigils on a daily basis, but she really didn't know much about her sister arte. The two were very different to her having been close to both. Had arx not been the go to sigil for practically every Notorum she probably wouldn't even reconise it coming from Johnathan, it was drawn so much differently than her own arx.

Shifting about nerviously she replied, "Okay, though I still don't know how much help I can be."

---

Derrek pasted Lotus in the hallway, since they were both headed to where the other had just been, and gave her wink and a click of his tounge against the roof of his mouth. Hot chicks were always a good thing to see before bed time.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98  Next