The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:35 pm

[ 2049 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 137  Next
War of the Black Flames 
Site Moderator

The discussion thread. (Just a reminder, watch your spelling and the one liners.)
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2232&start=0

The storm raged outside in the harsh arctic elements of the northeast. The blizzard didn't look like it was dying out anytime soon. Rungo stood in front of his hut, smoking a pipe and watched the storm. It was nighttime. It was hard to tell due to the lack of sunlight, but once you spent enough time in the region you could tell. The village was surrounded by a large fortified stone wall leaving the top of the village exposed, however, there was a weak magical barrier over the top, one that prevented too much snow from entering.

Eton leaned against the wall of a larger hut, one that refugees stayed in. He kept himself warm through the use of a brown cloak. He sat there wondering where he would be heading next, but couldn't help but wonder about the number of other people here too. Two pegasus knights, a wyvern rider, an archer and a female shaman. There was certainly alot of others here as well.

"How can he be so trusting?" Eton mumbled to himself as he looked up at the raging blizzard.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Serene looked around the small hut, then looked at Eton
"What village is this again?" she asked him "I need to know how far I am from the nearest city."

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 pm
Site Moderator

Eton looked a little to his left to see Serene.

"Your that pegasus knight, one of them anyway?" Eton said. "Your a loooooong way from the nearest city. I have no idea how you or both ended up here. Anyway.....You better make yourself comfortable.....this storm won't be dying down anytime soo-" Eton sneazed. "UGhh.....i think i'm catching a cold."

They come for me...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
"It's okay, it's warmer in here." He spoke to the mount quietly, and pulled a large, folded up fleece blanket out of his pack. He wrapped it around his wyvern, then rested against the wall of the hut, resting his eyes. He opened them slowly, then glanced around his temporary dwelling. 'There sure are a lot of people in here. I hope I'm not taking up too much room.' he thought, worried more people would come.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Barbas took a deep breath. "This blizzard, it's not letting up." He walked around the village for a few moments. "Well, at least not much snow is getting inside." He said to himself, as he looked around. He saw a woman, Serene, talking to a man. "Nothing interesting here." He sighed, walking down more.

"I think it's time for me to leave, this place is just as boring as the last." He saw a nearby man. "You there, which way to get out of this place?" he asked the man. The man looked around, then pointed to himself. "Yes, you." Barbas said, patience wearing thin. The man shrugged. "You got me, I just got here, I can't remember which way I came in, much like yourself." Barbas gritted his teeth.

He continued to walk. "People are so useless."

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Serene sat down on her Pegasus, and stared at the Wyvren. Her mount slowly inched away from it. "There's something about that man and his Wyvern...you don't like them at all do you?" She asked her Pegasus, which replied with a nod of it's head.
Serene got up off of her Pegasus and went over to get a better look the man and his Wyvern

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Daryl greeted the approaching woman with a wave. "Am I taking up too much room? I don't want to be a burden." he said. "Oh, you're a pegasus rider? I used to admire those whenever I passed them. I haven't seen one in ages." he said, chattering on. "I'm sorry, I believe I've been talking too much. What's your name?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

Last edited by Kerim on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm

Barbas continued to walk around, then came across another man. "I doubt he will be of help... Although, he does seem different than the last." He debated whether or not to ask the man the same question. "You there, can you direct me to the exit of this place?" He asked, Rungo. "I'm kind of lost, in this boring town." he kicked a nearby rock out of his path as he approached the man.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 pm
Site Moderator

Eton watched as Syrene left to go talk to the Wyvern rider. He sneezed again and muttered incoherently to himself.

"Damn it. Why do I have to be the one to get a cold." Eton mumbled after his bit of ranting and sneezed again.

Rungo looked at Barbas.

"I'm afraid no one is leaving." Rungo said firmly and smoked from his pipe. "The storm is too violent and the Wolfen's will be out shortly. Unless you have a death wish, I would suggest you stay in my boring little village."

They come for me...

The mages...

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:32 pm

"A death wish?" Barbas questioned. "Sure, why not, just direct me to the exit, I can surely take care of myself." He stated firmly. "Now, I'll ask again, which way to the exit of this dump? I do not wish to stay here with these Pegasus and Wyvern riders, I wish to be on my way, out of this forsaken place."

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Serene looked down at the ground, she knew she shoudln't keep eye contact with a Wyvern rider, or at least that's what her mother said. "Eh, my name is Serene." She started to walk away, hoping the man wouldn't reply and start a conversation. She remembered that her mother said that Wyvern riders were the scum of the skies, or something like that. However, she didn't know if she could believe what her mother said, and she thought this man seemed rather nice for a Wyvern rider.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 pm
Site Moderator

Rungo raised and eyebrow to the foolish demand.

"Your kidding right?" He questioned. "Kid, have you ever been up in these parts? You get attacked in the white out and your dead. End of discussion. Besides, I open those gates and I put my village at risk. Your staying here."

They come for me...

The mages...

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm
Site Admin

Tania huddled closely to the side of her Pegasus, Windy, she shivered slightly in the cold and pulled her robin egg blue cloak around her tightly. She looked at the other who were with her, she knew none of them but she felt that she should stir up polite conversation, however she would do this after she had finished writing her letter to her father. It had been three weeks since she was home, she had left him one letter on the night that she left, and she knew that her father must be dreadfully worried about her.

Dear Father

I assume you have already gotten my note from one of the maids. Again, I say that I am sorry, but what use am I as a Pegasus Knight if I cannot help others. I know you intended my riding to just be a hobby but I have heard from the others about the terrible wars, the poverty, and devastation of other people less fortunate than myself. My plans have been slowed however due to a fierce storm and I am now waiting it out with others who have fallen to the same fate as I. I love you father and I wish that you not be angry at me, for I will always be your loving daughter.

Tania

She put down the quill she had in her hand and reread the letter, it was short, but it was cold and her fingers were feeling a bit numb. She would send the letter to a messenger once the weather improved but for now, she was stuck inside. She left Windy's side and stood up, it was now time for some polite conversation.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:37 pm

"Fine then, how strong is that barrier above?" Barbas asked. "I'll climb my way out, then break it down. I do not wish to stay here, there is nothing for me here, I won't stay here." Barbas said stubbornly. "You cannot make me stay here, I may look like a kid, to you, but I am not to be taken lightly."

"If you can give me one good reason for me to stay here, then I will do so, but as it stands, there is not a damn thing here for me."

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 pm

"That's it?" asked the departing rider. "You're not gonna talk to me? I don't bite." he said, jokingly pretending to bite something. "Trenis here, however, might." he said, pointing to his already sleeping wyvern. "I mean, you don't have to talk to me. I just think it'd make this hut a lot less boring if we had a conversation going. If not, I could always sleep."

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:42 pm
 [ 2049 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 137  Next