The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 pm

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Grand Smash 

No don't worry

we can do this

right

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm

I am he
And you are he
And we are all going to die.

Sign me up

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Yessss. Okay. Good. Are you reserving?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Name: Miasme

Race: Vortex

Colour: Some sickly variant on purple.

Weapons and Abilities roughly overlap with his description. You get the basic deal when you read that through.

Description: Miasme is a cloud of darkly coloured smoke, shaped like a man, and consisting mostly of black dust and fog. His entire body consists of this dim gas, though his chest and limbs are mostly covered by a neat, dark grey suit, adorned vertically by precipitous lines that only slightly brightened the attire to the point of the visible, and one could swear curved slightly to the right – or was it to the left? This suit covers most of his body, so the sordid fumes have no escape but where his face ought to be. And in that same spot, covered in this ethereal anti-light of his, two bright orange eyes dart around, in slight circles, to truly complete the mesmerising effect.

His entire body consists of the piceous smoke of such a dark colour it could arguably not be called even a colour anymore. When human eyes faced him, they would have incredible trouble focusing on the man whose body reflected nor gathered light. Eyes often squinted and focused but especially in the heat of a battle, say, the human opponent would have to resort to blindly flailing their sword around, while with a painful accuracy Miasme's smog enveloped around them to choke the poor target.

As if the issue of not being able to correctly see him wasn't tough enough, Miasme is intent on creating more of this smoke, and with a very good reason, too. While humans have issues focusing on the black smog of which Miasme consists, he suffers the same issue when presented with regular light. Therefore he frequently digs into his chest, or the cavity where it should have been, to extract the liquid form of the noxious gas he expels. Spreading this over the floor, life and grounds will shrivel and die, creating cracks which in their turn again expel the gas. It's a strange symbiotic relation that mostly depends on the poisoning decay he carries.

Backstory:

Miasme often lived on his home planet of Cerebat, where due to many of his kind living there the ground was ridden with cracks, and fume, and the vile smog no human would dare breathe. There was absolutely nothing to his life out of the ordinary, apart from being a bit shy around large groups, and being a general introvert. Life was at peace with him living.

You can imagine the whiplash this had once he was whisked away to a new setting.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Accepted! Aaaannnnnnnnnnnnd gimme a few minutes and we can get this show on the ROAD, BRO

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm

"Well, it's certainly about time," the Caretaker's voice boomed. Well, sort of, anyway; if he was TOO loud, he'd scare the children, and he wouldn't want that. Not at all. Just to make sure, though, he gave his voice a jolly tone to it. The Gentlemen didn't flinch. He supposed he should continue, and so he did; "All right, I suppose I should explain some things to our guests, shouldn't I? Wouldn't be fair otherwise," he began. "You are all here to be a part of something called a Grand Battle. It is, as its base, a fight to the death. Across several worlds you will fight; each time one of you dies the rest will be transported somewhere else. Naturally, not fighting will come with concequences. That doesn't mean you can't make alliances; just keep in mind that I can kill you at any time I need to. That's the only the bare basics, of course, but I'd rather not narrarate a story, here. in the mean time, it is time for the introductions."

"Blob here, is, well, a blob. Pretty avarage, really. Digests things, kills them... well, it won't exactly be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Heck, I imagine it doesn't even understand what I'm saying. Just keep in mind its acidic capabilities." One might note that each of the characters were sitting in random areas of a small playground. You know, the small, plastic ones that aren't actually anchored to the ground? Blob was at the bottom of the slide, and quite apparently couldn't move.

"And then there's this floating chandelier. His name is Dirion, and he used to be human. He fiddled around with things that shouldn't be fiddled with and now he's not. He can use different flames to do different things, and he's got a rather short fuse." Dirion's place on the playground was rather peculiar, what with being frozen and hanging off the monkey bars. It didn't appear as though he currently had the ability to float, either.

"And then there's Kei Tarr. He made a rather interesting deal with the devil; if he wins, he's his heir. That will be quite interesting, I imagine. He's also a demon. I wouldn't touch those claws, if I were you," he added, as he watched the demon sit on one of the swings. The one below Dirion, in fact.

And then there's Auughan. He's... an interesting person, to say the least. A dangerous opponent that should be respected. And he looks rather dashing in those pants, too." Auughan was standing on the top platform of the playground, as unable to move as the rest of them.

"Markus Quincy is this one right here. He's exeptionally smart, and not a bad fighter, either. His wits are quite possibly sharper than anything else in this battle. If he was doing this introduction, in fact, he could probably come up with a witty comment right about now!" Markus was on the swing next to Kei, and swinging just as much as he was. That is, to say, not at all.

"Miasme here is actually MADE of this poison stuff. Which, by the way, I would reccomend touching about as much as I did Kei's claws. If you're thinking about needing glasses right about now don't worry, because that's about the same for everybody else. It has something to do with light, I dunno." Miasme was standing on the railing of the top platform, teetering a little bit, but not quite falling.

"Aelaiyah here is a magic mirror elf extrordiniar. She can do the obvious thing like creating mirrors and illusions, as you may expect, but there are a few other surprises in there, too. Also, watch her eyes." Aelaiyah was sitting on the ladder leading to the top platform, ina perfect position as not to fall.

"And then there's the bear. That is also a gentleman. And knows martial arts. Yeah, I wouldn't cross him, if I were you, but I'm not you, I'm a practically god-like being that can do almost anything he wants. So yeah. Uh, just don't get on his bad side. Oh, and his name is Kuma." Kuma was leaning against the rock wall, which seemed to be just about the only place they could fit him.

"Now, just let me set the stage."

And suddenly, everyone was in a giant sandbox, whos boundries were unseeable over the horizon. A few vending machines near the boundry everyone was, as well as what looked like a public bathroom. The sand was numerous, and the place looked perfect for training. Yes, the contestants of the Grand Smash were in the Sandbox.

((Okay, feel free to post in-character now. If you've read and/or participated in the Sandbox RPs, feel free to incorperate any SUPER SECRETgimmicks, as long as they actually happened.))

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Reeeeserve

Last edited by Keerutaja on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

((Okay, since a few profiles weren't actually posted in the thread;

Username: Nate. That’s me.
Name: Markus Quincy
Race: Human
Colour:
Weapon: I guess he could stab somebody with his USB device…
Abilities: Supernatural intelligence.
Description: He wears white sneakers, black cargo pants, an olive drab long-sleeved shirt, a black leather vest, and glasses. His eyes are hazel, his skin fair and smooth, and his short hair sandy brown. His face is clean-shaven. He stands 6 feet tall and weighs 182 pounds. His muscles are not huge, but toned. Markus feels disdain for his peers and views them as inferior in pretty much every conceivable way. He is arrogant and pompous, but his ego is easily bruised.
Biography: Markus discovered his unique gift in junior high school and determined that he was superior to pretty much everybody shortly after. Namely, his sophomore year in high school. It required no effort on his part to ace every single one of his classes, and his peers hated him for it. Thus, he was subject to much torture as he clambered up the educational ladder. Desperate, he took self-defense classes in an attempt to cease the bullying, but after getting fit, he found that he could simply fight with his wits. Of course, this wasn’t difficult for him, and soon after, his tormentors quickly decided to leave him be. This afforded him time to focus on his educational pursuits. But at this point, the very idea of education seemed petty to him, a whimsical endeavor to bestow knowledge on brats who, half the time, couldn’t care less. Not wishing to show any weakness, however, he graduated, as valedictorian to boot. He saw no further need for further education and decided to gear his substantial skills toward a more lucrative enterprise. Still in decent physical shape, Markus took up street fighting. Every time, he bet on himself, and he never lost a fight. After one particularly brutal match, Markus was approached by a federal agent. The man had apparently pried into Markus’s past, discovering his potent abilities. The central government was facing its greatest threat in its existence. A traitor in the system was threatening to leak vital information to all of the US’s enemies, and the fed needed Markus’s help to track this man down. Feeling that his exceptional talents would finally be put to good use, he accepted without hesitation.

Name: Auugahn Diffjis

Alias: The TROO King of Fightahs

Race: 99% Caucasian with a dash of genetics from Cthulhu himself

Class: RETIRED NAVY SEAL turned NUCLEAR PHYSICIST gone AWOL

Alignment: Shifts between Gewd and Eval every seven years

Weapons: Nunchucks blessed by sweat of the almighty Valdmir Lenin's Holy Ghost

Powahs: Auughan is the controller of all the elements in the world and has the powah to look reallllllllyyyy sexy in bright orange latex pants.

Appearance: Auughan is eight feet tall and sports the longest mane of flaming crimson hair ever to be recorded on a single man. He has two perfect eyes, at 40/40 vision. The left has a purple iris, while the right has a gray one. His teeth are perfectly white, and can blind any perfectly healthy man in one millisecond if they are stared into directly. He has the perfect build and has the most recorded muscle mass of all men. He wears a normal labcoat, only this coat can shoot lasers and allows him to breathe perfectly in any climate. Auughan wears realllllllllyyyyy tight, bright orange latex pants. His p#%$& is the longest recorded at 90' when erect.

Biography: Auughan Diffjis was born when Vladmir Lenin, Oscar Wilde, and John Connor partook in a massive three-way orgasm. He joined the Navy Seals at age four and killed all the Polynesian males living in the islands in the Pacific, and then brought back the circumcised foreskins of every male he killed. He then returned in the next hour and impregnated the women left on the islands and created the Hawaiian people, who are of direct descent of him. At age twelve Auughan studied under the great Jedi masters of the Jedi council, and had a completely built body, grown naturally. When he was seventeen he read The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Les Misérables, Atlas Shrugged, War and Peace, and the entire unabridged works of Edgar Allen Poe in one day AND STILL had time to recreate the Battle of Guadalcanal with himself as the sole participant. Auughan left the Navy Seals and became a Nuclear Physicist. He successfully bombarded two highly unstable nuclear atoms and discovered the meaning to life. However, the meaning to life was lost in the explosion afterward. Once he lost the meaning of life, he went AWOL and became a mercenary. With his nunchucks blessed by Lenin and his super amazing powahs, he set off to do whatever the hell he wanted.

And yeah that's it))

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 pm

During the monologuing of The Caretaker, many things raced through the minds of the contestants. Feelings of malaise of not being able to move, fear and anger towards that selfish god that pitted eight beings against each other for his own s****, clearly not misplaced, and a quick rush of a homesick feeling washed over most of them.

None of that, however, could even hold a candle to the utter shock and angst Miasme had been feeling.

Okay, except maybe the chandelier. He could hold candles very well.

Miasme, who had felt comfily at ease for the most part of the day, veiled by the fog as usual, was suddenly warped into a completely different plane of existence, and to make matters worse, he couldn't see. The timeless spell The Caretaker has produced, and the deserted area the contestants were kept inside for that part all contained no smog.

Suddenly, Miasme was blind.

Instinctively his hand raised towards the sky, as if he was about to ask to be politely excused for the bathroom in the midst of the deathly clash. Instead, he knelt, and when the arm too bowed down he tore open the top few buttons of his vest, revealing more of the same Cimmerian leaking and flowing and floating through and along the creases of his suit, and bore his hand into his chest. The previously candid glove emerged, completely stained and muddled with the bile and poison circulating through his gaseous body. The more combat-oriented battlers in the fray would maybe have predicted an attack and readied their arms – and in a way they were correct – when the hand slammed down into the sandy bed, corrupted every particle and flake of dust in an astral pattern around him, decay quickly spreading through the floor. Already on the precipice of the dark, murky circle one could feel a certain vibration, a feeling so horribly dim that it could do naught but draw attention to it, entrancing the contestants in a sensory obtuse veil.

And with that, the death spread.

Soon the sandy reaches all emitted a foul poisonous smog, disallowing anyone to notice clearly where Miasme stood.

Then, the vortex panicked. Up to now he had had a perfect plan for dealing with unknown situations, because he was exactly the one kind of person who would plan ahead were they ever suddenly warped away and sent to a battle to the death. But right now, none of that came clearly to mind. He never bothered searching for safer ground in the more elevated dunes, never tried to defend or attack, …

The poisonous cloud just stood there, until the situation finally sank in.

He was going to die here.

The next step in his foolproof plan would be to search for an alliance, but instead he panicked more. Oh my god oh my god they are all going to kill me and I'm already dead and the sand is everywhere there's nowhere to f*** hide and I have no place to escape to and I can only see in this space and if I run I can't but now they know where I am and what the hell is going on here?!

As the stygian cloud erupted from the cracks in the rapidly withering ground and slowly downed on the other battlers, the instinctive move of the players was to duck, cover, run, or hide their faces.

Blob couldn't help but recognise the swift veil of ascending tenebrous haze as his cue to spring forward to battle, and partially due to being conditioned as Pavlov's Slime, started barking and yipping at Miasme, hoping his terrifying growl would chase him away. But as the vortex didn't seem mobilized by Blob's empty threats, he also decided that escaping was a better agenda so far.

Mere minutes into the fight for everyone's life, the arena was already filling with the fetid steam Miasme procreated.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Oh, blast. We finally get started, and I more than likely won't have access to a computer for the next ten days. How very unfortunate. I guess I'll just have to make up for it with really awesome posts when I get back.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 am

Ho ho! We begin. I can start after this week, after my finals.

So we begin attacking or we introduce some more?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 pm

((Doesn't matter, really. Just as long as you post~

Also, keep in mind that this is based on writing and not a character's power level. 'Kay~?))

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:19 pm

((So I don't quite understand, do I just post talking about what my guy does?))

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 pm

((That's pretty much what RPing is, Key. So yes. Of course, this COULD simply be considered 'colaborative storytelling', but hey, we're RPing here. No denything that. Well, we're actually telling a story BY RPing. but..

yes just do that okay please))

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Key wrote:
((So I don't quite understand, do I just post talking about what my guy does?))

Each player describes his/her actions in prose from the viewpoint of their character. You can only control the actions of your character, and most of the environment is controlled by the GM.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next