The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 am

[ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 36  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia XI [Pick Your Poison] 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
VT will be safe in most situations for the mafia to claim, and since it's hard to counterclaim, it works fine.
I'm still a bit confused: is he not claiming a PR to make himself feel safe at night and look less suspicious?
Anyway, claiming VT still doesn't change the fact that he has contributed almost nothing, and is still very vague on his answers. He's not been helpful during the day, and he's not going to be useful during the night if his claim is true. This is the BWCS(best worst case scenario).

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 am

135 does make a good point about Nixter's claim. Claiming to be one of the two roles that the mafia didn't pick would be a much better choice for the mafia to do than claiming to be a vanilla townie. Since it was one of the roles that the mafia didn't pick, they wouldn't be counter claimed by anyone. It could also prevent them from being lynched, because the town aren't going to want to lynch someone who has a possibility of having one of the town's roles.

Having looked through Nixter's posts, I do agree that he's acting a bit suspisious, but I want to see more evidence before I vote. I also don't like how TheOneWhoKnocks and Terra have been trying to get Nixter killed throughout the whole of day 2, even after Nixter claimed. If Nixter does turn out to be town, then I have a feeling that one of them might be scum.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:37 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I've only been attacking Nixter because there's no other suspect in the town to attack, sonicstormer, and I seriously do not want the day to end in an NL, for that would not achieve anything. At least with a lynch we have some evidence to base our suspicion on. I have to pressure somebody, and right now it's Nixter. Sorry if it looks like what you're thinking.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:29 am

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
I agree about lynching on day 2 or else the mafia would have easy pickings n' s***. If you have any questions, I'll answer them. Sound fair?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, there isn't much we could ask you.
And if we do lynch you and you really are telling the truth, that means we'll be losing two townies.
Which would put us at 4 townies and they'll still be sitting comfortably with all 3 mafia.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'm not really comfortable with Nixter's lynch. His claim was worded as if he actually was a vanilla townie (which, unlike you Nix think, is not useless. True, it has no powers, but the vanilla is the basic part of the town, and without them and their votes, PR couldn't do anything). He's acting really calm right now (but this could be him trying to do such a thing because we pointed out that flaw before) and he seems "willing to cooperate".

Nixter, given that you actually are accepting questions, I'll ask you this:
Do you have any suspicions? Who are those for you? Please, state them with reasonings, no matter how oblivious could they look.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Terra wrote:
I've only been attacking Nixter because there's no other suspect in the town to attack, sonicstormer, and I seriously do not want the day to end in an NL, for that would not achieve anything. At least with a lynch we have some evidence to base our suspicion on. I have to pressure somebody, and right now it's Nixter. Sorry if it looks like what you're thinking.

This. We really have absolutely nothing else to go on right now. As BB said earlier, it's unlikely more suspects will come around at this point in the day. Nixter has been acting very suspicious, and I can see that if he IS telling the truth, I'm probably going to be on the chopping block tomorrow. But, I truely believe he is scum. 70% of is all the suspicious things he has been doing today, along with his Meta. 30% of it is this gut feeling that I have, and trusting my gut helped me in Mafia before. Oh, and now I have a small other gut feeling about nixter. In my previous Mafia game, as our main suspect was L-1, he said something similar to nixter, saying he would answer any questions brought to him, when really there was nothing to ask him at that point. He was a mafia goon. This may just be a coincidence, but it does contribute to that gut feeling of mine.

AMA

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Oh and by the way if Nixter IS mafia then I'm going after 194 next.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:26 pm

And if I'm not?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Nixter wrote:
I agree about lynching on day 2 or else the mafia would have easy pickings n' s***. If you have any questions, I'll answer them. Sound fair?

Who do you suspect the most right now? And the least?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:39 pm

REEEEEEEEALLLLY hard to say since pretty much everyone thinks I'm scum so I get no options, here...

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm
SSF2 Developer

How do you have no options?
And nah, not everyone thinks you're Maifa. There're what, 3 out of 9 people? lol

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Everyone who's really active. Better?

Also what really sucks for me is that if we don't lynch someone today, we KNOW a townie will be killed in the night so people would rather atleast TRY to kill a mafia person that may or may not be mafia and that person is me. :/

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 pm
SSF2 Developer

Well, who do you suggest we go after? Anyone in particular that you find suspicious?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Nixter wrote:
REEEEEEEEALLLLY hard to say since pretty much everyone thinks I'm scum so I get no options, here...

what? Of course you have options! It seems to me you may just not want give us your reads for whatever reason.

AMA

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:14 pm
 [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 36  Next