The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SSF2 Beta's Most Unpopular Character (Poll) 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Also, ten votes for Yoshi?! What the f***?!

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Yeah, Yoshi isn't exactly the most polished of chars in Beta.
He didn't even get a spooky skeleton whenever he gets electrocuted.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 am

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
JalStar wrote:

Now before I post the poll let me preference a few things some of you may ask in this thread:

1. No, the meaning of "most unpopular" is not defined by one idea.
2. You may see the character as unpopular because of the lack of play it gets online or overall in the game-play of Beta.
3. You and others in the community may see the character as cheap and annoying because of it's move-set and abuse among players, (For example, Naruto in 0.9b); that may be your reasoning for it's unpopularity.
4. Or maybe you just think that the character is very weak, useless, unessential and does not bring anything of worth towards the game and it's roster.

Whatever your reasoning is for picking whatever character you choose, your opinion is worth being known.

I want the OP to read this as a friendly critique. This poll is too wide open. You say vote for a character because any of these reasons:

1. They're not played.
2. They're good and can win easily.
3. They're not unique enough.
4. They're bad and suck.

That being said the results of the poll can mean 4 different things and thus mean nothing.

For example:
I'm looking at the results and see Yoshi currently has the most votes. I'm thinking it's because he's not played often, Tson thinks it's because Yoshi's bad, and the random new guy got fsmash'd in the face 5 times by Yoshi one stock thinking he's super cheap. So each of us vote Yoshi for a different reason, which basically leaves us all to interpret the result information as we would see it individually and not as a fact to learn.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:21 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Nstinct wrote:
JalStar wrote:

Now before I post the poll let me preference a few things some of you may ask in this thread:

2. You may see the character as unpopular because of the lack of play it gets online or overall in the game-play of Beta.
3. You and others in the community may see the character as cheap and annoying because of it's move-set and abuse among players, (For example, Naruto in 0.9b); that may be your reasoning for it's unpopularity.
4. Or maybe you just think that the character is very weak, useless, unessential and does not bring anything of worth towards the game and it's roster.

Whatever your reasoning is for picking whatever character you choose, your opinion is worth being known.

I want the OP to read this as a friendly critique. This poll is too wide open. You say vote for a character because any of these reasons:

1. They're not played.
4. They're bad and suck.

That being said the results of the poll can mean 4 different things and thus mean nothing.

For example:
I'm looking at the results and see Yoshi currently has the most votes. I'm thinking it's because he's not played often, Tson thinks it's because Yoshi's bad, and the random new guy got fsmash'd in the face 5 times by Yoshi one stock thinking he's super cheap. So each of us vote Yoshi for a different reason, which basically leaves us all to interpret the result information as we would see it individually and not as a fact to learn.

"Most unpopular" is inherently based on combined factors, so he's not getting it wrong. "Most unpopular", at its core, simply means "most disliked" here.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 am

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Nstinct wrote:
JalStar wrote:

1. They're not played.
4. They're bad and suck.

For example:

I didn't say you have to vote for a character based on these reasons, I was just listing out possible reasons as to why someone would see a character as unpopular. If all of those people voted for Yoshi for different reasons, then that's fine, these are all different reasons people will use to express the characters lack of likability and unpopular reputation. If you have a definitive reason as to why a character is unpopular, then express that, but don't say the poll means nothing because people's opinions differ. The meaning of the poll is the same, what's different are the reasons. Thanks for the feed back though.

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:09 pm

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Attachment:
poll results1.png
poll results1.png [ 22.61 KiB | Viewed 2654 times ]

Well, it's been a week since the poll started, and here's what we have so far:
:mario: Mario takes 3rd place with 3 points, showing a strange boost in unpopularity since the last version. He is also tied with Pit and :bomberman: Bomberman, so let's see if they gain more votes in the future.
:chibirobo: Chibi-Robo continues his run of being one of the most unpopular characters in SSF2 since taking first place in the last poll for 0.9b and takes 2nd place so far with 5 points.
And finally, with universal agreement, and no surprises, our very own green dragon :yoshi: Yoshi takes 1st place with a woping 11 points, more than double the points that Chibi-Robo got....Hang in there Yoshi...

Keep on voting on who you think is the most unpopular in SSF2 Beta here: https://goo.gl/hYtHsP

Until next time, later.

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Kirb-Star wrote:
Yeah, Yoshi isn't exactly the most polished of chars in Beta.
He didn't even get a spooky skeleton whenever he gets electrocuted.

Neither does Wario, but

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Here's the hard-to-swallow truth: People only voted characters whom they don't know how to play and they suck with those characters. Sorry, had to say it. I know all of us are consumed by our ego.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
NASAPeepo wrote:
Here's the hard-to-swallow truth: People only voted characters whom they don't know how to play and they suck with those characters. Sorry, had to say it. I know all of us are consumed by our ego.

YouTube Video:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
Like an above comment mentions Yoshi I feel is unpolished compared to some other characters. And I speak as someone who mained Yoshi in brawl and for the first 3 months of 4.
Feel bad for the poor guy though... :yoshi:

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:40 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
I have never seen anyone use Yoshi yet sooo

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 am

isik

Main: Maindentity crisis
Secondaries: :fox: (might pick up as main) :link:
Pockets: :goku: (might pick up as main) :lloyd: :megaman: :marth: :ichigo:
For Fun: :falco: :captainfalcon: :peach: :gameandwatch: :jigglypuff:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm

:bomberman: :yoshi: tis cuz only few use them

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 pm

MGN Username: Komafun
Currently Playing: Ssf2 Pokemon Mario Sonic Digimon Kirby and Yo-kai watch
I think that Jigglypuff is underrated. :|
Honestly Jigglypuff isn't that bad of a character. Easy too make combos. Singing people to death. lol! And Resting for dayssssssss! oh she/he also has rollout I guess. I think that it is pretty funny that instead of being stunned when her shield gets busted like all the other characters she KOs herself! So this little underrated pink puffball knows what she is doing!
AND DON'T FORGET IT! :jigglypuff:

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:51 pm

MGN Username: Komafun
Currently Playing: Ssf2 Pokemon Mario Sonic Digimon Kirby and Yo-kai watch
Also if anyone wants too battle me here is what you need to know

Username: Komaswirls
Password: YOU THINK I AM GONNA TELL YOU THAT LOL! Really though no one is that dumb too do that!

Mains: :jigglypuff: :kirby: :pikachu: :sandbag:
Seconds: :bandanadee: :tails: :yoshi: :luigi:
For Fun: :megaman: :chibirobo: :bowser: :blackmage:
Hate To Play As: :bomberman: :luffy: :ness:

Well Can't Wait too see what you will bring to defeat me!

If you can! 8-)

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next