The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:13 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

The book Bernice had given Logan was jarred from his grasp as he was slammed into the wall. He was more shocked by the unexpectedness of the attack than the actual impact. It was strange, but all he could think about was how Adi would have scolded him for letting his guard down. Logan quickly recovered his balance and had donned his armor by the time he hit the ground, shield and dirk at the ready.
Damn, He thought as he scanned his surroundings for the assailant. Now's a hell of a fine time tae be out o' holy water. Logan looked over at Dom to make sure he was alright.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 am

Waifu: I'm married
Daniel rubbed his head where he was slammed against the wall. Ashley leaned in close while she questioned him, making him nervous. "Magic?" He said. "Yeah, I've done magic, I used it to get in the door, and I have some magic powers too." The transfer student bragged proudly despite his embarrassment. "Grand Magus? That makes you the leader right? How did you find this place?" While asking, he studied the faces of the people around him.

In addition to the demon and hellhounds, a creature in a black suit appeared. "More enemies..." Phora said contemptuously. "Get up, Adi. I can't fight while protecting you!" With that, she lashed out with her claws and blew razor-like gusts of wind toward the black suited monster.

Meanwhile Alice watched the demon spin around to face her. Where was Logan? She couldn't see him, but she could feel several presences in the alley. Hopefully he wasn't being torn apart. Deciding to put her faith in him, she knocked an arrow and fired it at the face of the demon.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Dota 2
The hell hounds were successfully drawn away from Adi, Alice, and Phora, and were following Li. When they reached the alley, Li called upon his tonfa ready to fight. The two remaining hounds pounced at him with their fangs. Quickly raising his guard, he managed to block one while swiping at the other with his flow imbued tonfa. Li had never fought hell hounds before, but he has dealt with some angry dogs at the park once. This couldn't have been much different, right?

Dom thought everything was okay from where he was, when suddenly he heard a strange voice. Before he could process where this was coming from, he saw Logan get tossed to the side. Before he could process that, a black claw struck at Dom. By this time, he stopped trying to figure out what was going and let his instincts take over. Dom quickly raised his arms to cover his face while diving away. He knew how to take a fall better than he knew how to take a hit. Despite this, he still got grazed by the claw on top of landing flat on his back. Looking over to Logan, he noticed he got back up, and signaled to him that he was ok. Getting back on his feet, Dom got ready for something, not knowing what to expect

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Tsubaki's moment of peer gratification didn't last long as the lights above her head began to flicker. Soon many of the school's students began to mozy into the hallway, from their dorm rooms, to deduce the source of the disturbance, before suddenly colapsing into a deep sleep.

"Tsubaki. Damian..." Evelyn had taken charge and had already ad amor-ed her glaive. Tsubaki, dispite her intentions, had not already obtained something from the armory, but had noticed a slingshot in the hands of a fallen entusiast (or troublemaker) and bent down to retrieve it and the iron ballbearings from him. "I'm sorry, I'll return this soon." She whispered.

When again she looked up she saw that just across the hall Evelyn had opened a door to a strange astoriod belt-esque spacescape. She made it clear that the group should head to a large space-isle in the distance before Evelyn herself flew in, followed by Damian who didn't seem to fly as much as the english word meant, but more like the Goblin word meant, that is, 'to fall downwards slowly'. Tsubaki followed near enough behind to just barely miss Max exiting his room and meeting up with Lotus. The jump was actually quite exilarating as Tsubaki's small, but strong legs carried her to a rock big enough for a few individuals to be comfortable before landing, legs curled, with both feet and hands on the ground, much like a charade of a frog, ready to push off again if the force of the landing caused a falling or drifting in an undiserable direction.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 pm
Site Moderator

"I know you're both members of the Supernatural Defense Unit, while I don't have time to explain, the school is under attack."

"What a damn bother." Maximilian moaned to himself as he raised his hand behind his head and began ruffle the back of his hair. The girl continued to spout out instructions to Maximilian that he wasn't quite keen on hearing or following. Irregardless Maximilian understood that what the girl was saying did seem dire and that whatever was going on was more than likely linked to whatever he had felt earlier. Without hearing a word more, or even waiting for Lotus, Maximilian turned and bolted through the haunting door frame without even taking much of a look at what he was getting himself into.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian landed on a rock, it seemed to hold him and the gravity felt weaker. "So this is what the moon would be like." He muttered, he of course knew that wasn't entirely true, the moon was a massive rock, not several puny rocks floating around. If gravity was truly lowered here, he should be able to jump across rocks easily. With that thought in mind, he pushed off of the rock he was on and slowly floated upwards before coming down on another. He smiled and continued jumping from rock to rock.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
For some reason, Johnathan actually thought he would feel completely different since he'd just lost his soul. Well, other than the fact he could now feel his new powers. He had to admit, at first Johnathan thought the whole thing with Carter was a trap. He couldn't blame himself, ever since he found out he was omnivident and joined the S.D.U., each small thing that seemed out of place or didn't feel right, he automatically thought it was a trap.

But this was no time for reflections. He used his new powers to float in the space like environment and noticed his new sigil, fors, had faded, but arx was still there. Which made sense, as he drew arx a little while after. He still had his makeshift shield and used muto to change it into a sword. Everything about it was iron and when it came to the point it wasn't sharp enough, but he couldn't be picky. He flew towards the group of spirits, while the sword was flying right beside him. By the time he reached the group, he summoned his billhooks, and began slashing the spirits, the sword he was controlling was also used to attack the spirits for more coverage.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
"Wait how'd you-" Lotus got interrupted as She was pulled away. Lotus was stopped in front of a room. Lotus looked in the room. She ran in. "Now it's time for me to cut you to-" She realized her sword wasn't on her waist. "Umm...Well I have to... uh." She was looking around in the space-like room for a weapon.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Reinforcements!

Not that he needed them or anything. Adi was pretty sure had things well under control. Dropping to the ground he summoned his weapon again. It was now in his hands, waiting once again to cause harm to the malevolent forces of the world. If there was anything Adi learned in his years was that demons and their ilk could too feel pain and could be harmed. They probably did not die as a human would die but he would enjoy their voiced suffering at his hands. Oh yes he would. The emotional human part of him proclaimed that he was probably edging a bit too close psychopathy for comfort. The logically rational part shot back that they were applying a human set of standards to a demon so it didn't count. It was not like Adi felt pleasure at a demon's suffering did he? He thought back to that first mission of the year on Monday. There was a small bit of satisfaction he recalled. It was just well buried by his anger and hate.

A quick account of the situation followed.

Li was being charged by two demonic hounds. Phora was busy laying in to the exitimus. Senior Pearson was going through the stages aiming. Li would draw away the hounds and fight them on his own, trusting in his experience to do so. The arrow flew from senior Pearson's weapon and struck the exitimus who then hit the wall from Phora's blow. Senior Pearson was still continue to reload her crossbow.

Phora taunted him or something. He couldn't quite make it out as he was too busy arguing the merits of stepping into Senior Pearson's line of fire. But hell, he'd done dumber things before. It was weird that the battle gave him such clarity and celerity of thought. Was this some kind of battle meditation? He was a charging a demon spawned from the very pits of hell and he was more worried about how he was probably becoming the very monsters he fought. It wouldn't bleed into his civilian life of course but it was unneeded baggage to be carrying. Adi's weapon found itself in an intercept trajectory with the demon's face once again. I wonder, he thought to himself, do demons really scream because it actually hurt or because they were being embarrassed by a boy barely through puberty?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am
Site Admin

OOC: Feel free to deal with your mass opponents as you see fit. Low grade fight scene.

In a circle around Daniel were a group of five students, closest to him was the boy who had been identified as Harold. He had curly black hair, dark calculating eyes with a glinting mischievous twinkle and was clearly of South Asian descent with light brown skin. The girl with the Texan accent, Helena, had sandy blonde hair tied into two braid on either side of her head and curled bangs which hung over her forehead, just over a pair of clear blue eyes and a light dusting of freckles on her cheeks. Standing beside her was Ashley, who had revealed herself as the Grand Magus, she was fairly thin, though athletically toned, her long brown hair pulled into a ponytail with warm hazel eyes and a gentle smile. Beside her, looking very bored with the entire ordeal was a girl of African descent, with long silky black hair and brown eyes. Her nails had various stylish designs on them, and were quite flashy. Farthest away, sitting in a chair with his back facing the boy sat another young man with long brown hair extending to his mid-back.

"Very interesting" mused Ashley out loud "And to answer your question, yes, I'm the leader here. Unlike you however, I didn't just happen upon this secret club" she said with a smile "I was invited by the previous Grand Magus during my second year here. Honestly, no one really knows who or what created this pocket dimension; it's been here for generations."

"Legend has it that this here pocket dimension was crafted way back in the days 'fore ol' Arclight Academy was built" piped up Helena in her Texan accent.

"Yup!" replied Ashley cheerfully "Every year though, the Grand Magus must renew the magic of the pocket dimension." She laced her fingers together with a prospective look on her face, "Anyways, I suppose we should introduce ourselves. I'm Ashley. The barbarian who shoved you against the wall is Harold. The girl with the accent is Helena" she said while sticking her tongue out playfully at the girl, "This diva here is Calliope. Lastly, the loner in the back is Basil. Now, you've said that you've got magical powers, yes? Lucky for you, all of us here are dedicated to studying magic. If you'd like we can show you a few things, maybe answer any questions you might have?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn was mildly surprised by the arrival of Lotus, though she was quite shocked with Maximilian's appearance. She didn't bother to ask how or why they had known to come to this room, regardless, she was glad they did, she had never dealt with something like this before and the more hands they had, the better.

Floating above the others as they hopped from asteroid to asteroid she looked up ahead and saw as a group of monstrous bats the size of small children flew from where the great purple bonfire was towards them. They had elongated fangs, visible even from a distance that seemed to be covered in dried blood, and an eerie black smoke seemed to flow from their screeching mouths, as if a fire burned inside their stomachs.

"Incoming!" she called out as the bats descended upon them with her glaive raised, and the bats descended upon them. Swinging her glaive she deftly strung one of the bats in the stomach and then swung it around again to swipe at another bat as it had tried to attack her from behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The hell hound uncharacteristically whimpered as it was struck by the flow-imbued tonfa, while the other hell hound bounced off of Li. Circling around the boy, each in their own direction, they growled looking for an opening. It was when they had aligned themselves to either side of Li that they decided to pounce again, hoping to catch Li off guard.

The arrow that Alice had fired flew directly toward the demon, though something strange happened, before the arrow even reached the creature, and even before the creature could fling it aside like an unwanted toy, Adi managed to reach the demon in what appeared to be a split second and had struck it in the face with his own spiritual weapon, and just as quickly ran out of the path of the arrow's flight. To the outside observer he was nearly a blur.

The arrow lodged itself into the opposite wall, Adi stood at the opposite end of the alleyway, and the demon seemed frozen as it stood with a gaping gash of white light across its face. It seemed to have an expression of shock, or was it horror, on its simplistic human-like face.

"<Blessed one, I shall rip your wings from your body and roast your soul in the pit>" screamed the demon angrily in its tongue which only Adi could understand. The ground began to shake violently and disembodied moans began to sound around them "<Brothers, we have played with our food for too long! Let us finish what our Prince started with the bus. These insects shall no longer stand in our way!>" Humanoid shadows rose from the ground and stepped out from unseen corners taking shape and they sauntered menacingly towards the group. Their faces were disfigured, some looking melted, others torn and bleed, while others sewed together crudely in an unnatural fashion.

One grabbed Alice by her shoulder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny dealt with the spirits using his weapons, taking note that one of the spirits appeared to be flying as he was, while the others stayed on the rocks below. Over to his right, Johnny could see Carter diving towards the other ghosts and attacking them with his cesti.

"We've got this!" yelled Carter cheerfully "We have to stop them from escaping this dimension and infecting the world back home"

It was then that the flying spirit attack Johnny with a long sword.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demon clucked its tongue mockingly in a scolding manner "Ah, they don't make youths like they used to." Sighed the demon in Logan's direction "I'm sure a few ancestors of yours probably had the same gift, but at least they knew how to put it into good use. Tell me now, both of you are in what, second year?" The demon flicked its wrist sending both boys flying again "Yet here I am, tossing you about like lambs. So unrefined. So untrained. So weak." He clenched his hand into a fist, and both Logan and Dom suddenly found themselves having trouble breathing.

"Listen here you thieving no good mutation of heaven!" called out the voice of a familiar old crone "Tell me, how many times do you have to be stomped back into hell in order to get the message?"

The demon snapped its head in the direction of the voice, loosening his hold on the boys, and suddenly a stream of bright light and laughing voices blasted through the demon, causing it to disappear in a plume of smoke.

Ms. Ignianus hobbled over to Logan and Dom's side with a large grin on her face. "Come. Come. Get up," she urged "The demon will be back shortly and only you two can send it back to where it belongs," she said with a wink, "Next time, don't just sit there waiting for it to mock ya'. Hit it! Hit it hard and fast!" No sooner had she spoken did a plume of rumbling thick black smoke begin to coalesce into a humanoid figure.

"Foolish witch" hissed the demon.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Logan couldn't help but roll his eyes as the shadowy being chided him and Dom like a scornful teacher. If he was bothered by the demon's s****, he certainly didn't show it. Instead, he focused on a strategy to take the creature down. He was still pondering the best course of action when he found himself flipping through the air for the second time that night.
Telekinesis? Is this another exitimus? He wondered as he came crashing to the ground.
The junior recovered to his feet as the demon continued his monologue, only to find himself unable to catch his breath. He looked over at Dom, who seemed to be having the same problem. As Logan realized that the demon was somehow suffocating them, hopelessness began to set in. How could he hope to stand up to an opponent that could toss him about at will, and take his breath with a mere gesture? Logan suddenly understood that the creature was right. He was weak. Too weak to even save himself. The junior took a wavering step toward the specter, then fell on one knee. He knew he would be unconscious soon, and then he was as good as dead.
"Listen here you thieving no good mutation of heaven!" A familiar voice jostled Logan from his uncharacteristic bout of angst. He turned in time to see Ms. Ignianus assault the demon with a torrent of bright light and laughter. either he was delirious from lack of oxygen or… actually, that seemed to be the only viable explanation. However, he was pleasantly surprised as the demon vanished and his breath returned.
"Frail old lady tae the rescue. How embarassin'." Logan remarked, tussling his hair in irritation as Ms. Ignianus approached.
She ignored the comment and gave the two juniors a few words of wisdom. "Next time, don't just sit there waiting for it to mock ya'. Hit it! Hit it hard and fast!" Ms. Ignianus finished just as the creature began to reappear.
"As good a plan as ever there was. Come on, Dom!" And with that, Logan dispersed his gear and charged at his opponent. Without the weight of his weapons and armor, he was on the demon in seconds. As he came in close, he brought his arms above his head, as if to strike. Then, at the apex of his swing, he summoned his claymore, allowing the resulting momentum to drive the swing with devastating force.

Last edited by Shrapnel on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Tsubaki made good progress after finding the floating rocks were stable enough, but she definitely wasn't at the head of the pack. Heeding Evelyn's warning she halted herself on another asteroid close in size and appearance to the first on she was on.

"Alright, here it is," She thought to herself. "A real encounter, the chance to see if I am worthy of this garb passed down from my mother and her mother before."

Tsubaki pulled back the slingshot she attained earlier and fired at one of the assailants, a shot that would have probably fallen short if it wasn't for the altered physics in the space they were in, and still only managed to clip it's wing. It was still enough to get that one's attention though, and it shot off at Tsubaki who was already completing one of her sigils.

"Augmen, bedazzle the senses!" And it wasn't but a second after she had said this she added the whispered command, "Ude Ni."

And with these two phrases a burst of sweet smelling pink petals erupted from the sigil shrouding Tsubaki's next actions from her incoming opponent. At the same time a ceremonial white dress was donned upon her as she spun to one side of the or the other of the action point. She was just completing a second sigil as the imp crashed into the spot where it thought Tsubaki was, and as the petals disintegrated, chains shot out from Ligure completely ensnaring the creature.

And despite being winded by all she had just did, Tsubaki cried out in excitement, "Yeah! I did it! I defeated one!" It took her a few seconds to realize that the imp was still alive and well, merely bound for a few minutes before it would break free, else Tsubaki would no longer be able to hold her sigil.

"At-oh." Absent mindedly escaped her lips as she nervously touched her pointer fingers together.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
He checked his pockets quickly, coming to the unfortunate realization he had no weapons. "God damn, got nothing." he complained to himself silently. It seemed he would have to rely on his abilities, he thought. He looked over at the creature ensnared by chains before closing his eyes momentarily as he raised his right hand and cast a lightning bolt at the hideous thing with more ease than the first time he had tried. Immediately after, he cast another bolt of lightning at one of the bats flying around. He then stepped back, raising his fists, prepared to strike at anything that came too close though it was more than likely useless as he imagined these things packed some strength.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
For the first time in a while, Johnathan thought he was actually doing pretty well. If more of the group were here it would go a lot more quicker, but he figured the both of them were doing fine. It was then that he noticed that one of them was flying and stood out in contrast to the rest of them who were on the rocks. It had to be special, or possibly the leader.

"We've got this! We have to stop them from escaping this dimension and infecting the world back home." Carter exclaimed to which Johnathan nodded and said, "Right." He didn't know exactly what this place was, how it got here or what happened, but they had to prevent them from leaving. Whatever this is probably had some effect on the immediate area around it already. For a moment, he wondered if any of the others knew how this happened.

The lone spirit who was flying raised a sword to attack Johnathan, interrupting his thoughts. He quickly evaded the attack, heading left. The recent boost in his speed was probably the only reason he managed to dodge it. By now he was right beside it and swung his right billhook to attack the spirit.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Waifu: I'm married
OOC: we forgot the scrapyard guise
"What a colorful group..." Daniel said. The idea of a pocket dimension fascinated him, he wanted to learn things like that. Most of the club seemed friendly enough, but the boy with his back to him practically radiated mystery. "I guess I'll take you up on the offer. Can you show me the basics? What sort of magic is the strongest? I wanna learn that." The freshman vowed right there to become Grand Magus and master magic.

"Adiiiii, that demon was miiiiiine!" Alice whined as she watched the junior pound on the enemy. The monster turned and started screaming at Adi in their usual gibberish. Usually they wouldn't bother using their own language, unless their prey could somehow understand them. Briefly she wondered if Adi could interpret what they were saying. If so, it would explain his newfound powers as well...
Soon mutilated apparitions began to appear all over the place. This really was a terrible situation, considering they were right in the middle of the street. "Adi! Try to capture that demon!" Suddenly, one grabbed Alice's shoulder, and she whipped around with a start and whacked it in the face with her bow.

Phora, who was slaughtering the creatures in droves, checked on Alice for the fifth time in 30 seconds and saw her get jumped by the monster. Instantly, she flew into action to protect her master, flying claw-first through the ghouls blocking her way. The pixie cut her target to bits with wind from twenty feet away, leaving Alice unharmed. She grabbed the senior by her shoulder and gave her a concerned look. "You know I hate being separated!"

"Yeah, yeah, simmer down." She responded. "Let's clean the rest of them up now." With a nod, Phora turned and started blasting the targets with cannon-like blasts of wind while Alice picked them apart with arrows.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 98  Next