The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:13 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: The Game
"Exitimus. Regina Park and Ericson. Help now. Say again, help now."

He wanted to say more but the voices came back. He nearly dropped his phone as it repeated over and over in his head. The exitimus was not paying attention to him any longer, being immobilised by arrows of light. The demon continued to curse the new attacker that Adi could not sense. But the words they whispered in to his ear. They were pleasing to hear. Yes, though the enemy surrounds him, there will be no shortage of targets. Looking again at the demon, he felt the blade in his hand. It wasn't paying attention to him at all, cursing as it was in its misbegotten language.

It was a mistake as he let his weapon flying, attempting to wrench the demon's head with the hook blade.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan was slammed against the wall, he didn't dare turn around and to see if he left a hole, but he was certain there was a big one behind him. Where did that strength come from? This was definitely not the Carter he knew. Adrenaline was quickly replacing the pain. He would certainly feel this in the morning. "Nngh... what do you say we tone it down a bit, huh? The only thing missing now is green skin."

Johnathan clutched his shield. He carefully and slowly stood up, somehow he still nearly stumbled over though and looked "Carter" in the eye, but kept his distance. "Now, how about you cut the act and you can save yourself the trouble." He meant to ask it, but strangely it came out as a command. While he was talking, he sketched arx on himself, which would bring the total markings on him up to two. Three if you counted the shield he still had. Johnathan did escape with his life, especially with this past mission. However that was the reason he had to get stronger. But he didn't share this information with him.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Logan chuckled, shaking his head wryly.
"I'm afraid tha' Bernice doesnae hold the same appreciation fer the supernatural as ye and I. We can take this conversation elsewhere. Talk to you later Bernice." He bid the girl farewell with a smile and a wave, then started for the door. He signaled Dom to follow with a wave of the hand.
"Please, continue." He said once he was sure they were out of earshot.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Before Alice could turn fully away, Tsubaki gave a small bow to her, a thank you without words. Raising her head back to where it belonged, though, she could see the girl she had come to find standing in the doorway with the same cool demeanor that caused Tsubaki to feel nervous for no good reason in the first place. Tsubaki's nerves began to fray, as shown by her body when she pulled her hands behind her back and started to twist her foot in place, but she was determined not to give in this time, she would succeed. Inhaling deeply Tsubaki looked to Evelyn and asked, "Sorry to bother you, I hope I'm not interrupting anything important?"

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
"Exitimus," the word ringed through Li's head. This was bad, really bad. Exitimus were known for being very volatile and unpredictable. The good part about this situation was if a fight did break out, Adi's spirit weapon will do significant damage. Alarmed, Li quickly confirmed to Adi he was coming and hung up. Quickly grabbing his shoes and jacket, he dashed out of his condo without mentioning anything to his parents. Li opted for the stairs rather than waiting for the elevator. While he was rushing down, Li started to dial for Alice to brief her on the situation.

Logan made it obvious Bernice didn't know about what really happened in the Darren Archive Club to Dom. Following him as instructed, Dom went to continue his story.

"The whole feeling in the junkyard was strange. It felt as if we were being watched. On top of that, the radio turned on by itself and changed on it's own," he started with. "It was very strange and eerie." There wasn't much more to say about his trip, as they haven't fully finished the assignment. "So how was your group's trip?" Dom asked Logan.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
The thought of joining some upperclassmen excited Lotus. She quickly jumped up. "Sure." She began to think about the Darren Archive Club. Maybe everyone in the school knew what they did. What if she knows, Lotus wondered in her usual child-like manner. She glanced around at the other girls. "It sounds like a lot of fun, I enjoy shopping and the mall." She smiled a smile similar to that of a cat's.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Site Admin

Damian's choice was a rational one, at least to the ultra-spiritual Spiritorum, and the boy began to meditate, clearing his mind of all distractions, and unbeknownst to even himself, exponentially heightening his spiritual senses. At first there was nothing, but he pressed onwards, determined to meditate as Evelyn had instructed him before. Gradually the darkness around him began to shift about, almost similarly to the dream he was having before he was awoken by the strange vile sense. Suddenly there was a flash in his mind's eye. It was only a glimpse, perhaps of something that was only a figment of his imagination, or at least what he hoped was only a figment of his imagination. Although he had only seen the image for less than a second, its impression left a mark upon his brain.

He had seen fangs, long and jagged, on either side of dark blue lips curled into malevolent smile. Pale skin, unnaturally white with black abrasions and old scars covering the entirety of its body. It had the eyes of a predator, with black soulless slits for pupils and a scarlet iris. The eyes seemed focused on something, something that was on the end of the bronze chains which were linked to the wrists of the creature.

-----------------------------------------------------

The two students were completely unaware of Daniel's presence within the locker room, though they did look over their shoulders and became silent for a few seconds just to be sure no one else happened to be in the room.

The girl stepped forward and placed her hand on the locker that Daniel had glimpsed from his glass sphere earlier and she recited a spell "Patefac, ti rorosum" and the locker popped open while her hand briefly emitted a glowing light.

"After you" she said with a polite, though dramatic, flourishing of her arms to her male associate. The boy laughed and stepped into the locker, and he was shortly followed by the girl after him. The locker then clicked shut on its own.

-------------------------------------------------------

The demon didn't know what hit it. Still held by the arrows in its legs, it was knocked over onto the ground with an extremely loud thud, leaving an impressive indent in the paved ground. The demon gasped as it's body was crushed by the force, though once again it cracked what sounded like bones in its body and folded its body back up.

"It has begun," spoke all the voices in unison. The demon whipped its head in the direction of Adi, it's predatory glare seeming to pierce through the boy's soul. He snarled and flipped his hand in his direction sending Adi reeling backwards into the brick wall, though before the boy hit the wall, wings of white light appeared from his back and folded around him like a cocoon. They cushioned the blow before disappearing again in a shower of sparkling lights.

"You should've stayed out of this Angelorum" sneered the demon, "Now I'll have to put an end to our little game" It snapped its fingers and three pairs of glowing red eyes came out from the darkness followed by the low growling of what could possibly be a wolf's or a large dog's; hell hounds. Their forms seemed to solidify as they walked out of the shadows towards Adi menacingly.

---------------------------------------------------

As Alice made her way to The s**** to continue with her mission, she was interrupted by the ringing of her cellphone; it was Li.

--------------------------------------------------

Carter laughed as he stood on the desk with his arms crossed. "Cut the act?" He looked his friend in the eye with a grim expression, while the light of his salt-crystal, still glowing red, lit the room. "This isn't an act. I'm showing you the danger you pose to yourself if you don't have the power to protect yourself. You were my first friend here, and I want to help you. If you let me, I, can get you that power." Carter raised his hands, and various objects in the room began to float around the room orbiting around him.

--------------------------------------------------

Evelyn eyed the girl curiously as Alice left the scene. She was so timid, yet it was mildly amusing to watch the older girl squirm under her gaze. She maintained her cool demeanour, though in the back of her mind, she felt fairly odd; it wasn't very often that she closed off the sense that allowed her to feel the occurrences in the spiritual realm. Even now, she was afraid to open her senses in fear of attracting the attention of the being that had trapped her while her mind was beyond the veil.

"No, not at all" she said politely "I was doing a bit of meditation, but I'm done now. What did you need?"

---------------------------------------------------

"That's great" cheered Chantelle with a gentle smile and passed an envelope with the school emblem on the front of it "Here's the club registration form, all you need to do is fill that out and hand it to me or any of the other girls in the club. My phone number is in there too, so if you ever need anything feel free to call."

She got up and looked around the courtyard, surveying their progress with a smile, "Well girls, look like we've successfully prepped the courtyard for another spring!" The rest of the girls clapped and cheered excitedly "We also have Lotus here as a new member!" continued Chantelle gleefully.

"Woo! Welcome to the club!" shouted Aliyah enthusiastically, which was followed by giggles of the rest of the girls who also extended their own welcomes.

While the other girls hadn't yet noticed or heard anything strange, Lotus's keen ears picked up on the purring of Dot who was curled up in plain sight in a corner of the courtyard.
-------------------------------------------------

Logan and Dom can continue their conversation.

------------------------------------------------

Gonna do something for Max since August is awol

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:30 pm

"I must say, our trip wasnae particularly eventful, aside from the demons we encountered." Logan replied with a shrug. "The antique was missing, just as we were told. We asked the shop owner a few questions, then left." He kept the suspicious circumstances surrounding Ms. Ignianus to himself for the time being. It would likely be best if he just reported his findings to Adi, and sooner would be better than later.
"Hey, I dunnae suppose ye know where Adi is?" He inquired.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Waifu: I'm married
With a few words, the locker opened for the two students. Daniel waited a few minutes before sneaking over to the locker. He was a bit scared; There was no telling what those kids would do to him if they found out. Double-checking to make sure he had his glass orb, he observed the inconspicuous locker. What did the cute girl say? "Patefac, ti rorosum," he uttered, taking a few tries to get it right.

Just as Alice reached the club room door she heard the familiar cheeky ringtone of her phone. "Hello?" She began, apparently not even winded from the run. "Li? Is something wrong?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
("That's great" cheered Chantelle with a gentle smile and passed an envelope with the school emblem on the front of it "Here's the club registration form, all you need to do is fill that out and hand it to me or any of the other girls in the club. My phone number is in there too, so if you ever need anything feel free to call."

She got up and looked around the courtyard, surveying their progress with a smile, "Well girls, look like we've successfully prepped the courtyard for another spring!" The rest of the girls clapped and cheered excitedly "We also have Lotus here as a new member!" continued Chantelle gleefully.

"Woo! Welcome to the club!" shouted Aliyah enthusiastically, which was followed by giggles of the rest of the girls who also extended their own welcomes.

While the other girls hadn't yet noticed or heard anything strange, Lotus's keen ears picked up on the purring of Dot who was curled up in plain sight in a corner of the courtyard.)
Lotus looked at the form as she ignored the others. She really tried to get Dot to vanish. Don't cause trouble. Just go home...Or away. Lotus read the form Name, Gender, Grade, etc. Lotus glanced over it being confused with all the clauses and boring sentences. She then looked at Chantelle's number. Wow, I popular girl gave me her number! I'm can totally move up the popular chain now! Lotus smiled then and shook everyone's hand. "So when's the first meeting?" Lotus asked in her normal 'Dumb Blonde' way

Last edited by Wizzquizz on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi felt it as he flew back, the momentum was cancelled, the damage negated. Whatever he heard, it was granting some kind of power to him. He concluded that it was urging him to fight the demon. With its help, he was happy to oblige as demonic hounds emerged from the shadows. The exitimus was really noisy, puffing itself out but Adi knew he could win this fight. Words were unnecessary as his weapon flew back at the demon as fast as he could manage. The blade was sharp and pointed aiming to take off its head. It was ready to reappear in his hand should he require it as Adi put up his guard.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 am

"Well, you see, you look a somewhat like Ms. Sullivan, so I was wondering if you would like to help out on a... a... 'field trip' I'm planning for the archive club." Tsubaki carefully used what she thought was particularly clever code just in case someone might come across the two talking in the hallway. "To run, ah, what was it now? A 'bait and switch' for some 'practically nasty characters'." Yes this silly code was starting to get to Tsubaki, or at least enough for her to gain control of the nervous tick of her foot.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Okay, now Johnathan was convinced something wasn't right. "Well, it seems like you already have this... power," he said looking at the floating objects, "How did you get it? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you do this before. Unless you've been holding out on me." He had to figure out what happened. Carter could be in serious danger. A small part of him actually wanted to believe he somehow got stronger without taking... drastic measures, to say. Sure, he wanted to get stronger too, who wouldn't? However, it just didn't seem right.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
"Exitimus. Regina Park and Ericson," Li said immediately, copying Adi's words. "Adi is there alone and I'm on my way there now," he said as he reached the ground floor, making his way out of his apartment building. His jacket was just barely on as he started to shove past the busy sidewalks. To everyone else, Li looked like a man who didn't care for other people, as he was essentially shoving everyone else out of the way. To him, this didn't matter. Dealing with an Extimus was far more important than preserving his self image to people he didn't know. While Alice was still on the line,he continued with the rest of the details he knew.

"I have no clue what Adi's condition is right now, I just know that getting rid of this thing will not be fun with just us two, so help is needed."

According to Logan, his group had a fairly straightforward time. The one thing that intrigued Dom was how lightly Logan acknowledged the demons then ran into. Before he could ask about this, Logan threw another question at Dom, asking where Adi was. Dom had to take a moment to try and remember who Adi was. It took him a moment but then Dom remembered Adi was the very strict guy who seemed like he had a stick up his a**. Barely remembering who he was, Dom had virtually now clue where he could be.

"Can't say I do," he replied. "Do you need him for something urgent?".

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian gulped, he had no idea what it is he had just seen but it burned itself into his mind. This bothered Damian, then it struck him, his new "club" was well versed in the supernatural. Perhaps they knew what this was and could prove to him whether or not his imagination was running loose. He remarked to himself "Well, meditation did something." With that said, he exited his room and made his way to the club meeting room, pondering over what exactly the entity was looking at. Even if no one was there, then at the very least there'd be books or something with information on various creatures. With luck, he hoped he wouldn't find anything on the entity he had seen.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 98  Next