The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:43 am

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next
Naruto 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Sa-v wrote:
Here is an example.

Both defending characters are mashing right+Cstick right. Mario, who cannot escape, goes nowhere, while Donkey Kong avoids the punch entirely.

Edit: It just occured to me that it's likely possible to hit escaping characters with Rasenshuriken because of how early Naruto can act after the Dthrow punch. Not as a true combo, certainly, but I think works as a frame-trap. All is not lost! :naruto:

Nice.

If you guys want a down side to Rasenshuriken, you guys might already know this, if you are not in the stun radius and he still has the projectile with him, his hurtbox will be extended. Thus you can attack him and not be punished. This can be seen mostly with Marth, who gets a free tipper when this occurs.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:59 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sa-v wrote:
Godot wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
That's huge.

No more guaranteed techchases for Naruto :3
Well, this is weird. The mash only works with certain characters. Others are locked in place until the hit. I tested this with everyone; here are the results:

{stuff}

It doesn't look like weight or fall speed correlate. Height looks pretty solid until you look at Chibi and Wario, who are both smaller than Mario :/
It also isn't likely to be width, since Naruto is less wide than Kirby who is less wide than DK or Sora.

It could be a combination of more than one metric though, ie if a character has a certain fall speed and a certain weight then it doesn't work. I know that SDI works for Lloyd in general, so it can't be that SDI is just disabled for these chars either. Even then, none of this explains WHY this happens lol.

Idk man this is p messed up, who made this game? :pika:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:32 am

MGN Username: sickness71
Naruto is another character that's worthy of the banned list. Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration but there is a strong need for nerfing. Naruto's side special is waaaaaaaaaaay to good. It has unexpectedly long range and it is a perfect setup for combos due to its reverse knockback sending the opponent towards you in the air, doesn't get much better than that. Its also very large so pretty difficult to avoid... I think the best way to nerf this move that is very deserving of some down grade is to add a starting lag then reduce range. The reverse knockback is crucial so I can understand why it shouldn't be touched but the range is just too much and either a smaller hitbox or starting lag will also counter the over dominance of the move. On the other hand I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe up the priority slightly to cushion the nerfing that needs to take place. :naruto:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:35 pm

MGN Username: Godreaper
sickness71 wrote:
Naruto is another character that's worthy of the banned list. Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration but there is a strong need for nerfing. Naruto's side special is waaaaaaaaaaay to good. It has unexpectedly long range and it is a perfect setup for combos due to its reverse knockback sending the opponent towards you in the air, doesn't get much better than that. Its also very large so pretty difficult to avoid... I think the best way to nerf this move that is very deserving of some down grade is to add a starting lag then reduce range. The reverse knockback is crucial so I can understand why it shouldn't be touched but the range is just too much and either a smaller hitbox or starting lag will also counter the over dominance of the move. On the other hand I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe up the priority slightly to cushion the nerfing that needs to take place. :naruto:

That's not the major problem with Naruto. His side be is annoying, but not even broken. Perfect shield it and he'll have to feel it's own affects. Also they've already announced it's nerf in the Dev Blog.
http://mcleodgaming.com/2016/03/ssf2-de ... -balancing

Just get better and you'll actually be able to beat the crap out of the poor Naruto players here.

Get Reaped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKAJyQcScs

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:31 am

sickness71 wrote:
Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration

A bit? You suggested to ban a character that isn't broken and isn't even the best in the game. Hell, Naruto probably isn't top tier either.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:43 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Not to mention his fairly bad priority on his projectiles, AND Naruto has a hard time versus characters that are good at edgeguarding or have a reflector.

Edit : The only nerf Naruto needs (he doesn't need big nerfs) is a nerf on his SideB?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
Not to mention his fairly bad priority on his projectiles, AND Naruto has a hard time versus characters that are good at edgeguarding or have a reflector.

Edit : The only nerf Naruto needs (he doesn't need big nerfs) is a nerf on his SideB?

Why you make the post unnecessarily long :pikachu:

I didn't feel like the side-b needed a nerf, but I'm okay with the reduced range they gave it. The nerfs I am more looking for are changes to keep his DA and utilt from being such safe moves and easy combo tools. Like, currently both attacks are punishable on whiff (utilt less so than DA), both have huge hitboxes, DA can hit ppl on the edge (and the location of the hitbox tends to send those ppl on a semi spike angle). So I'd like some hitbox reduction on those moves.

Others have suggested the removal of the stun on rasenshuriken, but I think that if the stun hitbox didn't last as long (it comes out for a couple of frames only, then it's gone, instead of being active for over a third of a second).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Godot wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:

Why you make the post unnecessarily long :pikachu:

I didn't feel like the side-b needed a nerf, but I'm okay with the reduced range they gave it. The nerfs I am more looking for are changes to keep his DA and utilt from being such safe moves and easy combo tools. Like, currently both attacks are punishable on whiff (utilt less so than DA), both have huge hitboxes, DA can hit ppl on the edge (and the location of the hitbox tends to send those ppl on a semi spike angle). So I'd like some hitbox reduction on those moves.

Others have suggested the removal of the stun on rasenshuriken, but I think that if the stun hitbox didn't last as long (it comes out for a couple of frames only, then it's gone, instead of being active for over a third of a second).

I'm pretty sure they already got rid of the stun.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Albeit without having played with it or even seen it in action, I am 99% convinced that increased clone gravity is a stealth buff.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:31 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
why's that?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
It's the kind of thing that sounds like it nerfs bad players while giving good players a better tool. Naruto's neutral game is already fantastic without side B, and Clone Throw doesn't work as an all-encompassing stage control option against top tiers because pretty much all of them can just nairplane through them. Meanwhile, an angled projectile allows some control from that 45 degree angle above, which is a rare commodity. Naruto already has some in v0.9b with his incredible divekick and down special, but being able to toss a side B clone down there is going to open up even more options for limiting movement. That's pretty slick.

What I'm most looking forward to, however, and the reason that I think this change is actually a buff, is that it will allow Naruto to snipe low recoveries either by sending opponents under the stage, or, perhaps even better, jumping out and launching a clone to pull a recovering opponent back away from where they want to be. This is already a somewhat valid tactic, but rather dangerous because Naruto basically has to be horizontally even with his opponent for it to work. Removing that limitation seems like a boon to me.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:57 pm

MGN Username: sickness71
Godreaper wrote:
sickness71 wrote:

That's not the major problem with Naruto. His side be is annoying, but not even broken. Perfect shield it and he'll have to feel it's own affects. Also they've already announced it's nerf in the Dev Blog.
http://mcleodgaming.com/2016/03/ssf2-de ... -balancing

Just get better and you'll actually be able to beat the crap out of the poor Naruto players here.

As has been evident in my previous posts I do agree that I can dramatize things a bit but I would like to say also that I don't just randomly post these things, I have a small group of smashers, two of which compete in our local smash community, and we come up with these suggestions together while I post it. But on the other hand even though the move might not be as bad as a previously stated, I strongly feel that it has reached the margin of too op, I enjoy strong moves and bringing everything down to zero is not fun but there needs to be some sort of line and this move is right on it. And I will try to get better although I am one of the lower links in my group :/ trying a new main though XD
:naruto:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:57 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
End of argument: any character that loses to Fox hard is not bannable. Done.

I'm tempted to agree with Sa-v. Perhaps it can be combined with dspec and dthrow to great effect?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:28 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Damn Code, gotta be so rude.

I do think Naruto needs more range and priority in his attacks.

Up throw should be revamped to be something more useful.

I would like for something to boost him a little further to help recover horizontally, which can also be accomplished by decreasing the distance of down air by a little.

I agree with the stun being on the initial frame of the move.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:09 am

Sa-v wrote:
It's the kind of thing that sounds like it nerfs bad players while giving good players a better tool. Naruto's neutral game is already fantastic without side B, and Clone Throw doesn't work as an all-encompassing stage control option against top tiers because pretty much all of them can just nairplane through them. Meanwhile, an angled projectile allows some control from that 45 degree angle above, which is a rare commodity. Naruto already has some in v0.9b with his incredible divekick and down special, but being able to toss a side B clone down there is going to open up even more options for limiting movement. That's pretty slick.

What I'm most looking forward to, however, and the reason that I think this change is actually a buff, is that it will allow Naruto to snipe low recoveries either by sending opponents under the stage, or, perhaps even better, jumping out and launching a clone to pull a recovering opponent back away from where they want to be. This is already a somewhat valid tactic, but rather dangerous because Naruto basically has to be horizontally even with his opponent for it to work. Removing that limitation seems like a boon to me.

So basically...
Yeah... No thanks. I'd rather just have it to where the clone disappears quicker. Seems a little to safe as an edge guarding tool. Basically the new version of Mega Man's bricks.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:59 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next