The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:12 pm

[ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
yo bros 

Currently Playing: Mandolin
I was having a x-man nerdgasm with green and belth last night and I remembered Kiki's mutant rp and how much I enjoyed it.

So I thought, how about I redo myself? The same basic idea, different story, and all in the hands of a very dedicated gm.

Good stuff right?

Last edited by Whimzer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Anything is at this point.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm working on it right now, but I want to know how many people are actually up for it and will post so I don't waste my time like I have for half of my rps over the years

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:56 pm

*raises hand

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Waifu: I'm married
yeah, i loved kiki's rp
i could just use my old character right? he's pretty poorly thought out but i don't give a rat's a** really
we should do a legit rp instead of all the s*** one-lining stuff we usually do

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 am
YIM WWW

go ahead

I'm making a new one because my old one had a boring power that was only useful if his limbs were cut off

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:09 am
Site Admin

OMG I loved the mutant RPG. I would SO JOIN!!!

My problem with RPs is that they get too big for me to handle by myself ;~; So yes!! Make itttt Imma joinnn

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am

Everyone has a small power deep inside that grows over time, but never reaches a level where
its potential ability awakens. Scientists were on their way to discovering how to unlock it with
a test subject dubbed "Gnosis." What the scientists discovered was that Gnosis' mental signature
changed completely and he essentially reached enlightenment. Gnosis' potential ability was
unlocked through these events, but the scientists could not figure out what actually happened.
The project eventually closed and Gnosis returned to normal life, but the change followed.

Upon touching the forehead of a friend, he awakened the ability hidden within him and in turn
learned of his own ability: the power to reroute their minds and bring forth the powers hidden
deep within the brain. Gnosis knew that this power was something that could change the world and
he desparately wanted to unleash it. His friend, Jeff, backed him, wanted to see a change in the
world as well, but for different reasons. Gnosis wanted to enlighten the human race, but Jeff
was much more selfish, wanting to bend the world to his advantage.

Jeff gained the ability to bend reality itself; able to manipulate time, gravity, mass, density,
and a variety of other things. He was a foil to Gnosis: able to destory what he created. Jeff
took it upon himself to bestow a new name to his enlightened form, Tuphlos. The blind to the
enlightened, for he was to follow the call of Gnosis.

With these formailities through, both decided to begin the task of awakening the human race.
Tuphlos mysteriously came across a large amount of wealth and they used it to build a secret
utopian society hidden in the thick woods of the American Northwest, where people could come to
grow and learn about their diverse human potential. Gnosis meant for it to be a place of
learning and healing, where individuals would embark on spiritual journeys and open their minds
to the mortality of humanity.

However, as time went on, Tuphlos grew tired of the search for enlightenment and, like the blind
notions of his namesake, he had greater ambitions of power and desired to change the world as
he believed years earlier. He harbored resentment toward Gnosis' other followers and the respect
he began to grant them. He was Gnosis' original partner, and now he was merely swept aside as
if he was a relic of the past. It was a new age and there was no room for men whose enlightened
state existed only for the proliferation of the material self in a society where the opposite
persisted.

Tuphlos resented that he ever chose to support the utopia and collected the funds to create it.
No longer was he happy with the results, and he broke off and disappeared. However, even though
he no longer resided within the utopia, his call beckoned young enlightened humans who wanted
more from their powers than simple meditation and exploration. His became the opposing force,
those that wished to do something with their powers and they believed what they were doing was
right because they could change the world for the better, even though Tuphlos himself merely
desired to make the world his plaything.

Those who remained in utopia did so because they were content with their explorations of reality
and the human consciousness through their abilities. Gnosis did not intend for the enlightened
to use their powers other than for this exploration, but unfortunately, there is little that
could be done about that when a large amount of powers revealed had offensive purposes. In the
end, many left the utopia, either to the call of Tuphlos or out of the desire to return to
normal life.

Now, Gnosis enlightens very few and little more stay to live, and the call of Tuphlos grows
stronger and closer to home. Something world changing is about to occur.

The players come to Gnosis and will become enlightened. Then they will make the choice of what to do.

Name/Alias: name only or additional name if you want to go x-man all over me (bonus points)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Extra:

Others
Ruarc A stotic, greying old man, Ruarc was once a practicing druid that sought to communicate with the spirits. His journey led him to Gnosis, who unsealed his ability to steal powers. He enjoyed the explorations, but eventually grew out of them and left. He currently follows Tuphlos, aiming to steal his powers and perturb reality enough to merge the planes of the humans and the spirits so that he may communicate with them. He can steal for an unlimited time as long as the original owner is still within his range of vision, and having an ability stolen nulls the power in the original owner until it is returned.
Anne One of Gnosis' most loyal followers, Anne came to the utopia with her older sister for recreational purposes and to see what was going on. She was drawn in at once by Gnosis' abilities and became obsessed with exploring reality, mortality, and the inner self, essentially becoming a blind follower. She herself has very a very plain power: the ability to amplify sounds through solid objects by cupping her hands on it. However, it also provides her superior awareness in one specific area.
Pitre A disheveled backwoods recluse, Pitre did not fit in with the society in the utopia at all, even though his power was supportive to the environment. He came armed and wild, and even after several meditations he could not be tamed. His nature was one with Tuphlos, and he answered the call immediately, running off into the wilds once again. His power boosts the strength of others and releases upgraded variations of their powers, making him an important asset.
Katherine Anne's older sister who came with her to the society. She was repulsed by the cult-like behavior and was disturbed when her sister began to be drawn into the cult. She tried to pull her away, but did not succeed and was kicked from the utopia for attempt to incite violence. Desperate to help her sister, she heeded the call of Tuphlos in order to gain the power to save her. Her power is like that of a tarantula, biting into enemies and releasing a numbing poison. She can also rip out large chunks of flesh, but prefers not to as it makes her sick.
Fiametta A young woman who once held feelings for Tuphlos while he resided in the utopia. Even though she is largely a pacifist and does not wish to use her powers in any negative way, she still yearns for him and cannot decide whether to stay in utopia or leave to find him again. She possesses a burning touch and will burn things on contact. No flames rise from her hands, things that come in contact burn away with only a few light embers appearing.
Kiel One of the most important members of utopia, Kiel is the only person with the ability to travel around Tuphlos' reality bending effects. For Gnosis he is a trump card to be unleashed at the time needed most, but Kiel's loyalty is hard to gauge, and he's a man with no true discernible cause or beliefs. He can travel between dimensional and spiritual planes & possesses the ability to fabricate and manipulate alternate reality versions of himself in any plane.

not complete, still rough. Will have all final information done hopefully by the weekend (I dont even have all the npcs fleshed out yet, there are a few more)

Last edited by Whimzer on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:48 am

Signups are now?

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 am

I'm joining this because I love mutants. Also, sex.

Oh that makes it sound like I love sex but I was merely offering up myself to Whim.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:06 am

Currently Playing: AC: Brotherhood Multiplayer
I think I might join. Sounds interesting.

But all shall fear the Slender Man.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:04 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
I'll join...

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:16 am

Waifu: I'm married
Name/Alias: Fynn Ackland - alias is probably "goop bro" or some s***
Power(s):Fynn can use the energy from his body to create a strange black, gunk-like substance that seems to simply rush from his pores. After creating it, it becomes like an extension of his body. He can fully control it, and manipulate it telepathically. With a bit of ingenuity, Fynn could even use it to create simple mechanisms. His ability to effectively produce and manipulate the matter becomes better with practice.
Appearance: Although he obsessively keeps his almost waist-length blond hair clean, he tends to dress himself in faded, dirty-looking jeans and t-shirts. His facial features are fairly rugged, and he can never seem to shave all the stubble from his chin, so he tends to grow small goatees. His eyes are a gentle blue, giving him an aura of wisdom beyond his years.
Personality: Fynn is a klepto and a vagrant. That's not to say he's a bad guy. While he enjoys thievery and general mischief, Fynn has a strong sense of chivalry and morals, and gets infuriated when someone treats a female badly. Needless to say, women find him absolutely fascinating, so oftentimes Fynn will unwittingly lead on several girls at once. His closer friends often say there are two Fynn's; normally, Fynn comes across as oafish and gentle, but when he sees something he wants to steal, he suddenly turns into a focused, calculating stealing machine.
Bio: Twenty one years ago, Fynn was born to two Austrian immigrants. His parents struggled to carve out a living from the desolate ghettos of Detroit. As a child, a friend of Fynn's pressured into stealing soda from a convenience store with him. He got away with it, with no repercussions, and the soda tasted somehow sweeter than usual. From that day onwards, he was hooked, and he became an excellent thief. When the economy took a turn for the worst, his father lost his job, and it fell to Fynn to support himself by stealing car stereos for gangsters. Gradually he rose to higher-profile thefts and heists and made a name for himself by ransacking several jewelery and electronics stores in a single night. He bought a nice car, was very popular with girls, started a band, and was the top of his high-school class, all while raking in a nine-figure illegal income. Life was good for Fynn, until his money laundering system was broken down, and the teen was nearly caught red-handed. Paranoid and desperate, Fynn set off into the night, living on the lam with a $750,000,000 fortune. He bought a house in a tiny unincorporated town for pennies on the dollar and lived a quietly and miserably. It wasn't until several months later that news would reach the small township about Gnosis and his call for enlightenment and Fynn, seeing this as his best opportunity to start over, set off once again without a word to discover his place in the world.
Extra: Fynn has more money than he knows what to do with, and more is coming in constantly from his well-planned investments. He can have basically anything he wants (of course, he usually just steals it anyway)

yeah i am lazy as f***

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 pm
YIM WWW

Lol, his name is like the sound you get when you stab someone in the middle of saying "Finland".

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 pm
Site Admin

rofl^

Anywho, I think I'm going to...condense the profile I was making and have it up by tomorrow <3

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm
 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next