The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Dead topic much? Anyway...

Give us more advance bomb techniques like being able to bounce bombs off other bombs.

This isn't necessarily a buff, but I'd like to see different types of bombs. Maybe you guys can take a Project M approach and give him a taunt that allows him to switch between different bombs.

Let's say your standard full charged bomb is the power bomb. *Taunt* Now you have the ice bomb which freezes opponents. *Taunt* Now you have the electric bomb, which stuns. And this only replaces the power bombs.

I also think it would be neat if you gave the mini-bombs a wind box.

If you think there aren't enough Bomb techniques, you're using them wrong. WHY WOULD THE BOMBS GET A WIND BOX? This last thing is just preference but I think the freeze/stun idea is horrible too. You're melting my brain with some of these, man.

Here's some basic a** bomb techniques I made;

bomb substitution - bomb mind games at their finest; when you know an opponent is about to rush you, fullhop straight upward and drop a small bomb underneathe you in a quick succession. This will lead to them running directly into the bomb instead of you, and you being right on top of them where you want to be. Jump again and pop the bomb and it will send the enemy straight upward, setting up for a fair, uair or bair. This is a staple technique of mine and it works more often than not. The only thing is if they psych you out by running in then out, you'll pop the bomb on nothing, so try not to detonate until you've confirmed the approach.

another way to bomb substitute is to charge the bomb in front of a camping opponent. It will force them to approach because they don't want you to get a p bomb out. When they start running in, follow the same steps as standard bomb substituting. Good for P bomb KOs.

bomb stacking - this technique is NOT used enough by other Bombermen. It can lead to an easy 30-40% or even bigger bomb hit. If you stack the bombs on top of each other keep in mind, the damage stacks but the knockback doesn't.

5 s bombs stacked on top of each other = 30%. I call it a super bomb.
5 p bombs on top of each other = 75% and can lead to OHKOs and will break a fresh shield. I call it a spirit bomb. Erod named it after the spirit bomb on dbz because it takes hella long to charge and will f#ck up basically anyone it touches.
4 s bombs + 1 p bomb = about 40% so if you have time try to get at least one P bomb into the stack. This option is most viable between KOs.

2 more techniques I'd recommend trying would be walkspreading and dashspreading. Both are found under the techniques portion of this link http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Bomb_%28Bomberman%29. They are techniques used for stage control in different ways.

If anyone has other bomb techniques they want to share please do and I'll get into advanced bomb tactics another time

Last edited by Huey on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Dead topic much? Anyway...

Give us more advance bomb techniques like being able to bounce bombs off other bombs.

How to cover every recovery that isn't puffballs and Zelda

1. Plant bomb on platform beside ledge (medium or P are recommended)
2. Hold ledge
3. Continue edgeguard until opponent is forced onto stage
4. Detonate and bair
5. ???
6. Take stock

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:02 am

Okay... Maybe those weren't buffs, but I just wanted him to be more like the game version. He feels somewhat bland to play as (IMO).

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:58 pm

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Okay... Maybe those weren't buffs, but I just wanted him to be more like the game version. He feels somewhat bland to play as (IMO).

Yeah I felt the same about him when I first picked him up. You have to learn his combos and setups before you can style with him and he's just a little weird compared to the rest of the cast, so naturally you'll think he's lackluster. One of these days I hope to collab with Joey and Afro to come up with a list of almost guaranteed or 100% guaranteed combos with BBM so that we can make an extensive guide on this seriously underrated character

On another note to all BBM users, I think we need to start taking a look at the technique called tilt dropping. I think it can unlock some hidden potential in his smash attacks, as well as improve his mobility, edgeguarding, and mixup options. With mastery from an already experienced Bomber, I think tilt dropping could really improve this character's metagame. I've only been using it in my play a few days now and I can see some real potential. Dtilt has little end lag, nearly all of which occurs while you travel through the air, meaning you can tilt drop into just about any move you want. You can even tilt drop from the top platform to a lower platform and tilt drop again to the ground with minimal lag. If you tilt drop towards the edge and dsmash, you slide to the VERY FARTHEST POINT you can on the edge. If done properly the dsmash will never cancel or fail and you'll have yourself a viable edgeguard option. Tilt drop into dtilt or tilt drop to foxtrot dtilt is a good approach option as well as many others. I hope you guys will take this tactic and push it to it's limits.

If you don't know how to tilt drop it can be done with keyboard or controller. You'll need a run/walk button

To tilt drop, you must be standing on a soft platform. This means no tilt drops on FD or 3DS. Only maps like Battlefield and such. Here's how it's done

1.Hold crouch completely down

2.Press attack+the run/walk button at the same time as if you were smash attacking

You shouldn't be trying to hit all the inputs at the same time. It should be more of an aim, fire kind of movement. The crouch input is the aim, the attack+run/walk input is the fire.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:57 pm

I was thinking of making a basic guide for BM. I have the following things listed...

A list of his good edge guarding moves (B-air, F-air, etc.)

A list of his good kill moves (Power bombs, f-air, down smash, etc.)

A list of basic power bomb kill percents (Basic meaning that a single power bomb doesn't usually kill fast fallers until 110%. Not the specific kill percents for each character or stage.)

Moves that can setup for combos (D-tilt, down throw, up throw, etc.)

The fact that you can jab reset with mini-bombs.

The fact that you can grab the ledge with D-tilt.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:18 pm

http://gfycat.com/CorruptFairAlaskanmalamute
why is no one doing this

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:00 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
There are people doing this, Huey, Me... idk who else

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:24 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
There are people doing this, Huey, Me... idk who else

Yeah, when I actually use my brain and don't play like a dumbass I jc grab and jc utilt. Both are crazy good and cover huge distance

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm just talking about a small guide. Nothing super in depth like Godots. I'll save that for the pros.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:09 pm

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I'm just talking about a small guide. Nothing super in depth like Godots. I'll save that for the pros.

Honestly I think the attention span of your average player is too small to read a guide as in depth as Godot's. I hope to make a condensed guide while remaining fully comprehensible and informative. Hopefully in video format rather than text.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:33 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
What does everyone else think about video v text? I've always enjoyed text guides more (especially for larger-scope metagame-y stuff) because you can refer to it more easily and you can go at your own pace.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What does everyone else think about video v text? I've always enjoyed text guides more (especially for larger-scope metagame-y stuff) because you can refer to it more easily and you can go at your own pace.

I think it can be good and bad. Good for the reasons you said, bad because it will slow the pace of the video and make it more bland. Personally I'd rather a voice guide with on screen instructions during certain parts

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Reading < Listening

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Huey wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

I think it can be good and bad. Good for the reasons you said, bad because it will slow the pace of the video and make it more bland. Personally I'd rather a voice guide with on screen instructions during certain parts

The way I see it, it depends on what the goal is. I totally agree, some things work best in video and explained but some things are also better just written, but it can be all in the implementation. I mean, who wants to hear someone spend a minute detailing the exact percents you can CG someone? The obvious workaround for a video is to say the general percents, which characters, and provide more detailed stuff in text.

So, I guess the best thing is to make something with words and details like that, but it would be great to supplement with visuals. In my Falcon guide, I tried to put in visuals where I could but it definitely could use more, especially of the video kind. It just has a bunch of gifs, a reference to one video, and one picture I think.

btw, I think this would be better discussed in the SSF2 general discussion rather than the Bomberman thread lol

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:40 am

Sup fellow Bombermen

I come with another tactic I think can be useful both in competitive terms and just for stylin on a nig. Usually I stumble across these things, but this time the homie Chaos0 brought it to my attention. He calls it a "pop turnaround" but that name is dookie. smh Chaos... I call it the Reverse Detonate (RD). The input is simple; detonate + the opposite direction you're facing. If done properly you should be facing in the opposite direction you were in before detonating. This can be done grounded or in air. It has two main uses with a few side options

Most RD tactics are centered around a base technique you can think of as a bootleg RAR.
I'm gonna call it the RDAR for Reverse Detonate Aerial Rush, in respect to the technique that it emulates.

When executing, you rush forward, jump, RD in air, and bair. If done properly you should have more than enough time to bair. This technique can be used in 2 ways I can think of;

1)Offstage bair chases.
This is optimal when you have no bombs on the field, since you won't have to worry about losing anything from the detonate. When you have your opponent knocked away toward the blast zone, jump offstage after him and RDAR bair. If hit, it's almost a guarantee he won't make it back. Even if the bair doesn't push them completely into the blast zone, the knockback is usually too great for most characters to make a return. This is both stylish and fairly simple and safe to execute. You should still have your second jump and will be able to return to the stage more often than not.

2) When an opponent is standing/landing near a bomb.
If you RDAR bair while the opponent is near a bomb, the detonate will cause them to fly upwards in hitstun. If you're in range, that equals an almost guaranteed bair!

Other than the RDAR, other uses I see for RDing would be generally the same and centered around hitting a quick unexpected bair. Strings like uthrow into RD bair or grounded RD to fullhop bair on an opponent who was hit with a bomb are some of the other ways I could see it being used. Anyway, I hope you guys will find as much use for this as I have. It's a really cool tech I think every Bomberman should try toying with. Thank Chaos0 for bringing it up!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:35 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next