The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 72  Next
Video game related news thread 

They were announced a while ago.

Also, anime discussion goes in the section for anime.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima

You should stop reading Kotaku

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:31 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/did-sony-buy-crash-bandicoot-from-activision

Quote:
Famed studio Naughty Dog -- the developer behind Uncharted and The Last of Us -- created Crash Bandicoot back in 1996. Naughty Dog worked on four Crash games, all released on the original PlayStation, before moving on to PlayStation 2’s Jak & Daxter. The franchise was owned not by Sony, but by Universal, until it was sold off to Activision in the early 2000’s. The last game in the series, Crash: Mind Over Mutant, was released on PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS in 2008.

However, Reddit editor cocobandicoot has put together a post chronicling the last few years for Crash Bandicoot, culminating in some mighty compelling information that may indicate that Sony’s original mascot may be returning to the PlayStation fold.

The most interesting evidence comes by way of the picture, seen above, from Sony’s recent launch commercial for PlayStation 4. On the white, circular sign with a red outline, a silhouette of what appears to be Crash Bandicoot is seen, with an arrow pointing towards a gold diamond, which just so happens to be the logo of Sony Computer Entertainment, the PlayStation brand’s home company.

Even more interesting is that Activision’s Crash Bandicoot website has been taken down (an archived version can be found here). Any references to Crash Bandicoot seem to have been removed from Activision's web properties.

We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and clarification, and we’ll update if and when we hear back. In the meantime, let’s slot this story as a rumor, albeit an interesting one.

While we wait for more information, why not catch up on IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog to learn more about what the studio went through while creating Crash Bandicoot?

One of the very best platforming franchises of the 90's hands down may end up going back to the company it should've went to in the first place....Sony. Suffice to say, if this turns out to be true, Crash just might finally get a new game in his franchise that's actually good after over a decade.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 pm
Devon S wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/did-sony-buy-crash-bandicoot-from-activision

Quote:
Famed studio Naughty Dog -- the developer behind Uncharted and The Last of Us -- created Crash Bandicoot back in 1996. Naughty Dog worked on four Crash games, all released on the original PlayStation, before moving on to PlayStation 2’s Jak & Daxter. The franchise was owned not by Sony, but by Universal, until it was sold off to Activision in the early 2000’s. The last game in the series, Crash: Mind Over Mutant, was released on PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS in 2008.

However, Reddit editor cocobandicoot has put together a post chronicling the last few years for Crash Bandicoot, culminating in some mighty compelling information that may indicate that Sony’s original mascot may be returning to the PlayStation fold.

The most interesting evidence comes by way of the picture, seen above, from Sony’s recent launch commercial for PlayStation 4. On the white, circular sign with a red outline, a silhouette of what appears to be Crash Bandicoot is seen, with an arrow pointing towards a gold diamond, which just so happens to be the logo of Sony Computer Entertainment, the PlayStation brand’s home company.

Even more interesting is that Activision’s Crash Bandicoot website has been taken down (an archived version can be found here). Any references to Crash Bandicoot seem to have been removed from Activision's web properties.

We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and clarification, and we’ll update if and when we hear back. In the meantime, let’s slot this story as a rumor, albeit an interesting one.

While we wait for more information, why not catch up on IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog to learn more about what the studio went through while creating Crash Bandicoot?

One of the very best platforming franchises of the 90's hands down may end up going back to the company it should've went to in the first place....Sony. Suffice to say, if this turns out to be true, Crash just might finally get a new game in his franchise that's actually good after over a decade.

This better happen..

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I don't want to get excited because to not be horribly cynical is out of character for me

But oh my god guys what if Sony's making Crash

No

what if Naughty Dog is making another Crash game????

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Crashcharted

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:06 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I know you're joking but it made me a little sad because there are people that actually think modern Naughty Dog would make Crash a cinematic experience kind of game

Most game developers are smart enough not to switch genres/styles on a game that doesn't need it at all. A dev doesn't have to make the same kind of game every time

I'm confident Naughty Dog could make a good Crash. Maybe not as good as the originals, but good.

Honestly if they just released Crash Team Racing with updated graphics and online ((and unlockable Oxide)) I could die happy

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:06 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
persona 5 coming out for ps3 winter 2014
i'm a bit late but I slept through the announcement
edit: oh it was posted in the p4a thread whatever it's news anyway

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 am
Earthbound Baaaash!!! Is gonna be pretty interesting. Here's a really touching video with one of the events
YouTube Video:

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:55 pm
BR Member

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/30/rune-factory-lufia-developer-neverland-co-to-file-for-bankrupt/

Neverland Co., developer of the Rune Factory and Lufia series, files for bankruptcy. Nobody really cares except for me.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:12 am

MGN Username: TheRealHeroOfWinds
I don't know if this belongs here but I just found out terrifying news! It happened on the PS3 launch.

YouTube Video:

Go to 16:15.

Reply with your thoughts.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 pm

youngsora1 wrote:
I don't know if this belongs here but I just found out terrifying news! It happened on the PS3 launch.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FM8oyiFDAE ]

Go to 16:15.

Reply with your thoughts.

That happened seven years ago. This topic is for current stories.

An actual news story would be something like this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726586

Yep, the new Killer Instinct's online which is advertised as having zero lag at all has been proven to be desyncing, replacing human-controlled characters with computer-controlled characters.

Now imagine that you guys and I were having a match on the new Killer Instinct and the lag got so bad that our characters get replaced with AI-controlled characters and all of a sudden, you're sitting there and thinking "Wow, this game runs so smooth--like it was a tiny bit laggy but now it's running real smooth," but it's not; they actually replaced the player with the AI.

Firstly, any kind of competitive online play that this game was going to have is GONE, completely nonexistent now. Secondly, Double Helix is actually being really deceitful making it so that the player has no idea that they're playing against a computer so you having any sort of victory is wrong because who are you beating? The computer? The person? You have no way of knowing and that is completely unacceptable.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:20 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Devon S wrote:
Now imagine that you guys and I were having a match on the new Killer Instinct

ew why would i be playing killer instinct

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Scott wrote:
Devon S wrote:
Now imagine that you guys and I were having a match on the new Killer Instinct

ew why would i be playing killer instinct