The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:39 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Who says I arena abuse? I've only used it to get Amelia to promote, then used her on actual battles. I just actually use my units, not just one of them, you must get bored going Seth-javelin-KO all day 'erry day, my points are based on a tactical view of things when you actually use all players, and by the Gilliam luck stat, I meant better growth, Seth has 25% Luck Growth, Gilliam has 30%, bases may not be the same, but when growth>bases In most Cases, Not all. LOL who uses Kyle or Forde when you have Franz? I am one of the Many people who think Amelia is Sub-Par, I wouldn't take her everywhere, but she isn't useless. And No s*** Seth's Speed is better, he's a f*** Paladin, Gilliams either a slow-ass General, Or a Slow a** Great Knight, which negates your point about Axe-users ONLY if you have a great Knight Gilliam.

"The fact that Seth has more luck than the rest of the cavaliers helps balance out his lower stats. With the help of supports he can become a very valuable addition to your team. His supports with Eirika and Franz helps his offense, should his stats fall short of the others. He is regarded as one of the better prepromotes in the series, as his base stats and growths can last him throughout the entire game, if you choose not to train the other cavaliers. Despite this, it is usually recommended to train the other cavaliers instead, as they are all excellent units."

Have fun being bored man, I'm going to go play the game properly.

And another thing, people who have an attitude like yours must either have a giant stick in their arse, or just doesn't have manners. I see what you mean by a bit more edged in opinion, it's like you meant that you only accept your opinions, and no-one elses.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
Normally I'd apologize for being super competitive around you guys. But he asked for advice and you started this argument and I also said this
Quote:
But, I don't don't believe I should argue, because I have been in the competitve FE community and my opinion is a bit more... edged then others.

You knew EXACTLY what you were getting into, don't blame me, blame you poor reading comprehension.

Also, using every unit is borderline impossible and having a 7 or 8 team is far easier to pull off.
If you really think there is only one way to play, well, you certainly are as self entitled as brawl players who just heard of the competitive scene.

TL;DR
He asked for advice, I gave it to him. You tried arguing, I defended my position.
Instead of counteracting my points, you have an emotional ragequit.

I won.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:42 am

talesoffan wrote:
Normally I'd apologize for being super competitive around you guys. But he asked for advice and you started this argument and I also said this
Quote:
But, I don't don't believe I should argue, because I have been in the competitve FE community and my opinion is a bit more... edged then others.

You knew EXACTLY what you were getting into, don't blame me, blame you poor reading comprehension.

Also, using every unit is borderline impossible and having a 7 or 8 team is far easier to pull off.
If you really think there is only one way to play, well, you certainly are as self entitled as brawl players who just heard of the competitive scene.

TL;DR
He asked for advice, I gave it to him. You tried arguing, I defended my position.
Instead of counteracting my points, you have an emotional ragequit.

I won.

Ugh. you don't comprehend much, do you? I didn't start an argument, I was merely stating an opinion, you stated a very different way of playing while saying mine was wrong. I understood, accepted, and moved on, you continued trying to be better. And I didn't mean everyone. Just people fitted for the chapter. I never said there was one way to play. Grow up a little, use those manners like a good boy. And I apologize for anything wrong I may have done to offend, or anger you. You should do the same for your quite immature outbursts. There was, quite frankly, nothing to win.

TL;DR
I respected your opinion, I was just showing you my way, we have different ways of doing stuff.
There was no ragequit, no argument, nothing to actually "win", as you put it.
Case Closed, back on topic. Glad to have talked to you.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 am

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
Well, if you took it as me insulting your playstyle, apologies. However my only goal was to prove Seth is a far better unit. People who say Oifeys shouldn't be used fail to do research and I see it as a reason to counter argue.

Also, you weren't telling me to play? I remember tons of times you mentioned your playstyle and said my stradegies were wrong, when I backed up my argument completely, you kinda, just, attempted to turn the table. Normally I'm the troll, but you are just a bundle of contradictions :P, it's very delicious TBH.

Also, you respected my opinion?
Quote:
Have fun being bored man, I'm going to go play the game properly.

DAT RESPECT!

Instead of trying to defend your opinion, you kinda just said I was a terrible person
Quote:
And another thing, people who have an attitude like yours must either have a giant stick in their arse, or just doesn't have manners. I see what you mean by a bit more edged in opinion, it's like you meant that you only accept your opinions, and no-one elses.

I warned you fully that'd I do that if you tried to argue with me about effective units.

So yeah, I kinda won. But I couldn't have done it without your oodles of contradictions.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 am

talesoffan wrote:
Well, if you took it as me insulting your playstyle, apologies. However my only goal was to prove Seth is a far better unit. People who say Oifeys shouldn't be used fail to do research and I see it as a reason to counter argue.
Oifeys FTW man, they're meant to be good.
Quote:

I warned you fully that'd I do that if you tried to argue with me about effective units.

So yeah, I kinda won. But I couldn't have done it without your oodles of contradictions.

Enough with saying you "win", there was kind of nothing to really win, we were just, talking about stuff, I don't claim to know a lot about Fire Emblem, but I know what units I like, that's all. You seem to know a lot about it, I think that's pretty cool.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 pm

MGN Username: Equinox
Currently Playing: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
~Necro Bump~

Okay, so I just got started into playing FE: Blazing Sword. I heard that you can take side quests along the way, but I'm not too sure about taking them when the moment comes for me to take/deny them. Is it good/bad to take/deny them? Can you get anything from them that'll help out later on in the game, or are they just there for me to take?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Take them, they aren't hard at all.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Really...? Ah well, I'll take them then.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Well I got into this series a month or so back. I finished Fire Emblem 7 with a hell of a lot of deaths. I considered some characters expendable on the last level, until I found arena mode. Now I'm on Fire Emblem 6 which is taking forever since it's harder than FE7. Then I'll go to FE8 (Already started a little) so far it's really easy.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am

I cannot fathom how hard FE6 is. At first, it seems easy, but wait until you reach Chapter 21... I'm still surprised that I even beat FE6. 8 was and will be easy the whole way if you either abuse Seth's power, or go through it while you know what you're doing. 7's difficulty isn't too bad.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 am

Use axe users.
Zealot still has uses
Percival is amazing
Echidna/Bartre are solid
Niime has great stave use
Promote a unit you dropped before to get some final uses, it's not hard killing generics after all
Use units for rescue botting, combat and staves aren't the only valuable part in FE
Remember, not every unit has to live, Endgame is very stingy with how many units you can bring anyways, so it's not a big deal
There are a lot of filler slots in the chapter, keep note.

Also, may I ask for your team and their levels?
I'm not some FE god like some people I know, but I can help you a bit if needed.

I didn't find the chapter so hard, in HM, yeah it was bad, but in NM? It's not so bad, just make sure your flier kills Gale before he can do any damage and has your axe users take care of wyvern reinforcements. Having support partners next to each other (Alan/Lance A) can also pretty much take down most generics.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I beat FE6 now, so everything's good. Still, I plan to try FE6 again soon though, just to see if I can beat it faster and with a little more ease. If I need any help, I'll make sure to ask around. You in particular.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Were you on NM or HM?

Because HM is a load of fun and anger.
Mostly anger.
FE5 is fanger however, just saying.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

NM. After I beat NM, I went to FE7. Guess I'll have to get started on HM, then.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Have fun.

...using all your savestates...
Remember, jeigans are amazing.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:50 pm
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next