The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:35 pm

[ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Kirby NES Revamp [Kirbyfan42] 

It's supposed to be a fish egg, yes.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Good job then!

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Lol, that's my reference.
Google images is da bomb.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Kirbyfan42 wrote:
Lol, that's my reference.
Google images is da bomb.

That's what I thought when I saw it.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Ha, who knew computers were such trouble.
So anyway guys, though everyone's just about forgot about me, my computer and I have pretty much made a full recovery from our "hiatus," for say.
The only art software I have on my computer right now it MSPaint, which is lovely, since that is my main tool (I need to use some of my expensive software at some point).

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Everything in life is settled, but I'm pretty sure nobody here will even recognize me. Anyways, I'd like to see if I can get back to work on Simply Kirby, and maybe start to help out with SSF2 again (though it's changed A LOT since I left).

Just working on a quick character to get back into spriting again. Don't ask what it is, because I'm not sure. C+C would be lovely.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Currently Playing: Pokemon White
Hello, Kirbyfan42! It has been a while hasn't it, but I certainly recognize you still amoung many other users I'm sure! Try not to be too hard on yourself, but anyway, welcome back!

I think the design and shading looks very good, albeit a very slight pillowshade on the belly and head. Judging from some of the images, it appears to be quite elastic allowing its head to partially combine with it's belly. In the future, will the creature be recieving feet or be a bounce-bounce like creature?

PS: I think it looks like a cuddly albino puppy stuffed animal!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Kirbyfan42 wrote:
Everything in life is settled, but I'm pretty sure nobody here will even recognize me.

I'm not saying you should be conformed, but think that most people (even people that would like to) can't do what you do.

I mean, sometimes I'm kinda disappointed I don't have a younger brother or as many friends, or games or something a friend of mine has, on the other hand, his family sucks, and he is often depressed at his own inability with stuff or at the fact his parents treat him in a way he ends up not doing most stuff he really wants to.

And recognition isn't the most important, I mean, if you know you're good, and if you can use your skills to do somehing interesting for yours (perhaps a game or contribute to one (your style fits pretty well with tSR's smash game style)), do we really need someone to tell us that? Someone that often knows less about it all than ourselves?

Sometimes I'm even (word I forgot) that some guys here are worse than me (and you) and yet get more recognition than me(/us), but that shouldn't really matter, as long as we are ok with ourselves (it couldd have ended with a better sentence...).

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Wow, thanks guys. I know it's cliche, but what you said certainly does mean a lot to me.
Responses are in corresponding paragraphs, fyi.
___
@shyan
It really has been a very long time. It's kind of just in my nature to look down on myself, but I'm working on that.

I plan on having him bounce around to move. I was actually inspired to make this thing by those... you know, the colorful round bouncy things with the handle, and you sit on them and bounce around....those things.
I admit I was certainly lazy with the shading, but it actually turned out really well when I looked at a sort of pre-animation (I'll explain that in another post if you want to know what it is. I think it's actually pretty cool.) It makes his flubber look a little more jiggly.

I may just call it my Cuddly Albino Puppy!
___

@MultiSenhor
...well, wow. Thanks a lot!

I understand recognition isn't all that's important, but I really don't like to do stuff for just myself. It's nice to share things, but in order to do that you do need a BIT of attention. I actually did try making the Kirby for them, but it's a VERY inactive project, and I did go on that sort of hiatus-type-thing to attempt to fix my life.

....I cannot figure out what word would go there either....And again I certainly understand where you're coming from.
___

So yeah, I'll have an animation of the arm-less CAP (Cuddly Al....you get it) up by the end of the day. My internet is running a bit slow recently, so even a simple upload such as this might take some time.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:56 pm

That was faster than I thought, but here you go.
There are still a bunch of things that bug me, some if they bug you all too, and I'll keep tweaking it until I like it.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Nice and smooth, but the belly animation could move with the character better.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Ramsey wrote:
Nice and smooth, but the belly animation could move with the character better.

Yeah, the belly is kind of tricky. Never really worked with that kind of stuff.

My my brother over my shoulder wanted my to say...:
Well dwam. Well put sir, well put. Speed kills, man, speed kills... guh I'll go do that now, right after I STACK IT UP.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Kirbyfan42 wrote:
~

Yeah I know that
---
I was going to say you could go by your own nomenclature.
I just think his back is connected straight to the top of his head, with no kind of neck or something. Making the body rounder could solve this.
---
No problem!

Well, kinda, but you could just jump into it and show your work...? ...perhaps?
Yeah I know (check it every once in a while, and it seems to have no progress) and yeah I KNOW (I tried to deny my denial (nihilism), but this didn't work out...).

The word was SOMEWHAT LIKE bothered, annoyed, saddened, *disfegoled...*, *inklototollededd...*, but none of those carry the right meaning, I may remember it later though. I was about to type it when my friend said something and I just forgot it...
Yeah, I see.
---
Cool then. Maybe it could just be called a Cap, or maybe a Cap(p)y? (y'know, so people isn't like, lolololol cap, gonna put it in mah head).
Hm... which country are you from (I may go on an interchange, and maybe we could work togheter on something? A game perhaps, can you code? But well, we could work on something through the internet too).
Most games are getting boring to me and I have been feeling a lot like making my own game the way I like it (and in a way other people could enjoy it too, of course).

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Waifu: your dad
Hey there Kirbyfan42! These are looking great! you're getting better as I click the next page one after another.
Try getting all those sprites you posted, or at least the ones you like, then put them in your first post so it's easier to see them.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 am

Nicko wrote:
Hey there Kirbyfan42! These are looking great! you're getting better as I click the next page one after another.
Try getting all those sprites you posted, or at least the ones you like, then put them in your first post so it's easier to see them.

Thanks! I'd actually prefer not to post my work in the first post. It gets very larger and unorganized. I'll will be updating it to tell you what is going on, however.

MultiSenhor wrote:
Kirbyfan42 wrote:
~

Yeah I know that
---
I was going to say you could go by your own nomenclature.
I just think his back is connected straight to the top of his head, with no kind of neck or something. Making the body rounder could solve this.
---
No problem!

Well, kinda, but you could just jump into it and show your work...? ...perhaps?
Yeah I know (check it every once in a while, and it seems to have no progress) and yeah I KNOW (I tried to deny my denial (nihilism), but this didn't work out...).

The word was SOMEWHAT LIKE bothered, annoyed, saddened, *disfegoled...*, *inklototollededd...*, but none of those carry the right meaning, I may remember it later though. I was about to type it when my friend said something and I just forgot it...
Yeah, I see.
---
Cool then. Maybe it could just be called a Cap, or maybe a Cap(p)y? (y'know, so people isn't like, lolololol cap, gonna put it in mah head).
Hm... which country are you from (I may go on an interchange, and maybe we could work togheter on something? A game perhaps, can you code? But well, we could work on something through the internet too).
Most games are getting boring to me and I have been feeling a lot like making my own game the way I like it (and in a way other people could enjoy it too, of course).

I was trying to solve the head vs. neck problem with shading, and it's kind of there, but it's not eminent enough. It is kind of supposed to be like that, with his whole self being one shape, and then his hit sort of had a cringing aspect to it, make a fold (where the shading is needed more) that represents the neck. I change the body shape a bit and make the shading more prominent.
That's two words though... you cheater.

I think I'll go with cap. I would LOVE to put this little guy on my head.
I'm in the US. I think it would be best to work over the internet, though. I have the whole of Adobe CS3, but I haven't really been able to effectively use any of it, so I cannot code at the moment, but I hope to take some classes or teach myself even (though the latter is not working out so well).
I would love to collaborate and make a game, though. We should probably at least start shooting ideas back and forth. Maybe we could find someone else to code.
___

On a side note, I'm probably going to revive my SK project, and just do a bit of work on it here and there. I'll still post the work here, so the thread will stay dead for now.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:58 pm
 [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next