The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dota 2
OOC: Seems you got my username and character named mixed up a little.

Li arrived on time for the next exercise, this time presented by Sir William. Today was all about exorcism, a familiar subject for Li, although not by the methods mentioned. The good part was that his partner, Tsubaki, was very familiar with one of the techniques. Putting his age superiority aside, he let his partner lead the lesson.

As he turned around, Tsubaki was already right by Li. "Um, so, what would you like to do?" she asked. Going straight to lesson he replied on topic.

"Well apparently you're familiar ofuda. Would you care to show me?"

Somehow, Dom managed to be on time to today's lesson. That's where his good streak ended. For most of Sir William's lesson, Dom payed no attention whatsoever, daydreaming in his own little world. Spending time in Apollon was amazing. The feeling of freedom was truly something he's never felt before. When Sir William mentioned that the door to Apollon was still open, he finally started to pay attention. Listening in on the little that he heard, Dom was partnered with Maximilian. To be honest, he had no clue who that was. Dom wasn't the best putting a name to a face. Looking around, he anxiously waited for someone to come to him, thinking about heading back to Apollon.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Lloyd had known of exorcism in his previous school, though he preferred to just hack and slash until the job was done, which honestly was more fun, unless he was in some sort of deep trouble, which is always why he kept a crucifix on person. Though he couldn't say that if his fighting skills weren't seasoned enough. The ofuda on the other hand wasn't particularly new to him, but personally it was rare that he seen or saw it used up close. 

The next exercise called for them to pair up, and he was partnered up with Lotus, his former teammate from yesterday, who decided right then and there, to go to sleep. If he wasn't as mature and level-headed as he is now he would probably ditch her and run off into Apollon by himself. As gentle as she can be, she could easily turn back into that vicious, bloodthirsty warrior he had witnessed yesterday. However, he was mature and decided he had to... set an example... 

Shuffling over to Lotus, he began tapping her on the shoulder, ignoring any look or growl Dot might give. 

-----

Johnathan honestly had no idea how to preform any type of exorcism of any kind, how could he? Though that was neatly explained by Sir William. He made a mental note to get a crucifix soon. There was so much he had to learn in such a short time, it felt like a whole separate curriculum from the one he was used to. Though this one was literally life or death. Of course he thought the actual school curriculum was important too, but he knew neither would be too much for him that he couldn't handle. This one just felt... Sudden. Everything was happening so fast. It seemed like yesterday he was blissfully unaware of being Omnivident and he had a regular life, which was fixated by his mother and now he was slashing demons, facing ghosts, learning about exorcism, having a whacked out soul and grieving over the loss of his best friend that somewhat was Johnathan's fault. He knew he couldn't compare himself to the others, who almost all had some encounter or were aware of their abilities prior to coming here. Some people here had a lifetime to prepare for this or involved in something else that would aid their powers. And he had, like what, 2 missions worth of training? How was that going to prepare him for the rise in activity? Did Miss Rachel really expect Johnathan to know how to fight with weapons or in general without the proper training? He needed someone who was well seasoned enough to teach him this and more. What he needed was a teacher. 

Looking over the group of students he spotted Evelyn. He wasn't thrilled at all to be paired up with her. All of their conversations they actually had together ended in attitude or ignoring each other completely, but now they were forced to speak with each other. They were just incompatible. Deciding it would be best to get it over with he made his way over to her. 

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus sat there leaning on Dot, and before she knew it she had fallen asleep. She slept, until a something lightly tapped her shoulder. Lotus's eyes snapped open. She stared at Lloyd withe her bloodshot eyes. Her throat was sore. She began to speak in a hoarse, scratchy tone "What?". Her throat hurt to much for her to continue. She then quickly covered her mouth before coughing.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 pm

"Oh, well, okay. Don't laugh at them though." Tsubaki replied before saying, "Ad arma!"

In her hand appeared a slingshot, but it wasn't the one that she 'borrowed' the other day. This one was a high-end hunting slingshot she got from the armory. As well as that, a satchel appeared at her waist, and she began to go through it. It contained various ammunition types, but more importantly, for this situation, it contained a couple of rolled up ofuda charms made by Tsubaki, herself.

Taking one out and unrolling it Tsubaki, quickly apologized, "I'm sorry, I don't have very good handwriting." She then held it out for Li to further inspect before continuing, "See, the quality of the ofuda directly affects the power the talisman has when used as a exorcism agent. Mine wouldn't be very useful against very much, but that's where one of the nice concepts of ofuda come in. If you use multiple ofuda they work together by relaying their power off one another. Of course just like with any type of exorcism the spirit of the one preforming the exorcism also matters."

She hoped she was relaying what she learned from her studies correctly.

(OoC: Otherwise known as I'm making s*** up from gleamed knowledge, and may need guidance from GM.)
---

Derrek followed Alice to and fro, enchanted weapons could be cool. Though what he might have to do with them was debatable. Regardless the pair reached whichever destination Alice had in mind before Derrek said anything of worth.

"So, by enchanted weapons you mean, like, swords that fight for you in battle? 'Cause I'm totally up for that kind of enchanted weapon."

His voice showed the little excitement he held, while his body was as neutral as ever.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice wandered into Apollon with Derrek in tow. They walked to the top of a nearby hill and she laid down the blanket on the ground. "Yes, like swords you can use for fighting," She said. "Ad amar!" A variety of objects appeared on the blanket.
"Put these on," she said as she handed him a steel chestplate and a pair of gauntlets. Turning around she strapped on a chestplate with intricate, artistic designs on it. "I've missed my armor a lot! It's like a second skin." It looked regal and noble. "Anyway, the chestplate is enchanted. It works a lot like the spell Ms. Rachel used during our Capture the Flag game, except it draws upon your spiritual energy to work. If you're tired, it won't be deflecting much. The gauntlets work in a similar matter, in that they also draw upon spiritual energy. Pour your energy into the left one, and your hand-to-hand strikes will be embued with an electrical kick. The right one works with fire instead." She strapped on a pair of boxing trainers. "These are designed to absorb magical effects. Give it a go!"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm
YIM WWW

Lloyd raised an eyebrow curiously. "Well, I was going to say we needed to head into Apollon, but it seems you're not feeling well." He didn't know whether or not it was a good thing that he had awoken her, but he knew he couldn't just watch her there. "Do you feel like you could handle today without falling out? I don't want to push you."

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:38 am

Lotus looked at Lloyd for a second before standing. "I'll be fine. Let's go." she spoke with a still hoarse voice. She began to walk slowly to apollon.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 am

"Aah?" Derrek's excitement was quickly dropping which each item he was given. Clearly Alice knew less then Derrek did about his powers, and given Derrek barely understood the basics of what Miss Rachel told him, Alice knew zip about them. He would have probably even let it go if his inner voice wasn't telling him, 'she'll cleave you in two with that axe if this armor doesn't work'.

"Look, you're not very good at this, are you? My superpower-magic-person-thing kinda relies on me being tired all the time, and my spirit acts adversely to electrical currents because, frequencies, or something, so, I don't think most of this will work for me. Maybe we should spend this time getting to know each other better, heh?" This last part was accompanied with a wink.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

OOC: Maybe I should've read the new artes descriptions

"You could just... Not use the lightning glove..." Alice said, feeling a little down. "The armor would protect you from any adverse effects anyway, as long as you had the energy for it. This way you don't have to wear yourself out before doing anything useful." She grinned at him. "I'm gonna jump on you in a minute! One way or another, we're getting some training in!" She balanced her weight on the balls of her feet, and removed the training gloves, preparing to strike at any moment.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:26 pm
YIM WWW

OOC: I think you forgot Damian, Kiki.

"If you say so." Lloyd said as he followed Lotus as they entered Apollon. That girl was tough, for a first year, and she was also pretty powerful to boot. Damian and Alice too, though he couldn't judge the rest because he hasn't seen them fight yet, but was sure they were competent also.

Lloyd didn't like to jump to conclusions, but it seemed like Alice was the leader of this club, perhaps under Miss Rachel. Lloyd understood how hard it was, though. It's not as easy as it seems being a leader, as he was also somewhat of a leader at his old school by his overall personality and skills. Either she didn't find it hard at all, or she was an amazing actress, and fighter and person in general...

Realizing he was enveloped in his thoughts he forced himself back to reality. Now wasn't the time for daydreams. However the only thing now was to decide what they would do. Spar maybe? Once they entered Grayson immediately appeared and shot into the air and created a series of rings of fire above them--wait, rings of fire? Since when did Grayson, scratch that, any griffin have the power to create fire? And since when was he able to do this? Lloyd stood there fascinated at his companion's new powers, but at the same time he couldn't help but wonder what that would do for him. Does this mean Lloyd was now fireproof? In any case seeing Grayson do that gave him an idea. 

Once they were far into Apollon enough so they weren't right at the entrance, he turned to Lotus. "Would you like train with me or do you have something else in mind?" Regardless of her answer he was going to train, but he had to somehow corporate Lotus into it since they had to pair up. 

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:26 am

"Okay, okay, if you're going to jump me in a second at least let me get some protection on," Derrek replied with a mixture of joking and fear in his voice.

Fumbling with the armor though he quickly realized he had no idea how to put it on so he nervously smiled at Alice before flinging the chest plate and the Pot of Thunder lightning glove at her, and quickly bolting away, assuming that he would at least have a small head start. His cleverness and daring quickly ran out though, as he stopped only a few buildings down, bracing himself against the wall with a hand, panting heavily. He clearly wasn't the sport Alice so desperately wanted.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 pm

OOC: don't make fun of my weapon ideas they are pwnage ok???

Alice caught the the glove and the chest plate and watched Derrek run. Flinging the chest plate behind her, she strapped the lightning glove on before prowling after him. Walking briskly through the alleyways, she sang out in a voice that was both sweet and eerie, "Derriiiiik, where aaaaaare youuuuu~" while looking left and right. Turning a corner quickly, she caught sight of him and pounced like a cat, to tackle him to the ground.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:19 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Maximilian dragged his body from the far wall and slowly meandered to his partners side upon the announcement of said partnership. Maximilian had zero interest in his partner and it seemed as if his partner felt the same way. Regardless of either of their feelings Maximilian wanted to get this bit of learning out of the way as fast as possible.

"Well then, we're partners." His voice was as empty and monotone as ever as he attempted to catch Dom's attention.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:12 pm

OOC:sorry my internet's been down.

Lotus hobbled over to the fountain were she sat on the ledge. She turned to face Lloyd. Her eyelids were heavy. She had trouble staying awake. She reached into the water and splashed some on her face. The splash helped in keeping her awake. She thought for a second before answering Lloyd. "I thought we were to talk about an exorcism or something like that." Lotus wanted to train to but she didn't feel up to sparring with anyone. So she sat there slumped over waiting on Lloyd's response.
As Lotus waited Dot appeared and began to play in the fountain. Dot was splashing around like a small child. For once Lotus and Sot where acting differently from each other. One might be confused seeing the two now. But alas Dot remained close to Lotus like a nurturing mother would to it's defenseless cub in the wild.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 pm

It was becoming more evident that Lotus wasn't feeling that well to do anything physical despite her protests. "Actually, Sir William explained that," Which would most likely be for the younger years minus St. Augustine and Yamikatsu, whoever they were, but nevertheless Lloyd continued, "But don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it to be explained more." As she didn't want to do anything physical, he tried a more, mental approach. 

"Anyway, since it seems you don't want to spar, let's try meditating, as fighting and martial arts isn't all about punching, kicking and throwing." It would also be good for their spiritual energy, since Lotus looked like a first year and doubted her spiritual energy and reserves would be anything spectacular, and it would be good overall for their well-being. "Now meditating can be simple, but requires a lot of mental concentration. First, cross your legs, and clear your mind of any thoughts, relax and focus." 

Meanwhile, as Lloyd was trying to get Lotus to meditate, Grayson started going through the hoops he create as fast and nimble as he could as his own training. 

-----

Johnathan, approaching Evelyn, spoke his flat. "Let's get this over with." 

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:38 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 98  Next