The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:39 pm

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Yet at the same time you had to kill two people who knew each others' innocence. Your role was really hard to win with.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:15 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Yeah, and Panthera just got lucky with choosing FoD. He might have chosen anyone.

Honestly, I really liked the roles. There were some really interesting gimmicks here and there, although some people got far more interesting roles than others.

Also, nevermind Friendship is Mafia. There's a far better theme I'm going to do.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
I just got really lucky when investigating Pachino.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
Damnit guys, you lynched me before I could read the topic :/

-My loss was just bad luck. I came to the topic prepared to claim as a blue, and then I saw "Don Paolo". I was sure that he was a disguiser/serial killer third party role. It turns out he could win as both townie and third party.

-My little chat with Panthera Leo was my only bad point. Night 1, by killing The Silent One I heightened suspicions on certain people without clearing anyone (The Silent One was almost inactive). Night 2, I killed Gold and almost bandwagoned crabbyman66. At the same time, I prevented myself from posting anything similar to what Brik and Gold did, because near-flawless arguements would put suspicion on me.

-My mafia buddies lost to bad luck. With two/three/four investigative roles, I was the only one with a chance of survival. Then Panthera came along. I mean, kevinb1229 even got lynched before he could travel to the future. He never even read the topic!

-The game was broken both ways. kevinb1229 got a powerful role, Pachino got a jailer/spy hybrid, and I was immune to investigative roles. However, I have to think the game was more broken town-sided. With two direct investigative roles and two cleared with no questions asked (Luke and Layton were unCC'able, really?) plus a watcher, it wouldn't be long before my mafia buddies got killed before they could even think about using their broken roles. Then, Panthera decided it would be far more benefactial if he won with the town instead of with the mafia. Sheesh.

-I didn't survive long enough to be bussed on. My "Mystery" passive ability makes it so that when killed, my identity remains secret.

Oh, and:

You are Jean Descole, the Mafia Leader.

"I'll give up everything and fight you for it. That is what I have come to do from this day onward."

Active abilities: Mafia Killing.
Once per night, with the other Mafia Members, you can choose a character. That character will die that night.

Passive abilities:
-Communication: You can communicate with Dimitri Allen (DarkWolf93) and Anton Herzel (Pachino) via this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL
Every conversation about the game shall be trascripted here.

-Mystery: Your role won't be revealed once you have died. Any investigation about your role will fail (or give the result "it's a townie").

Victory conditions: You are a Mafia. You win if the number of alive townies is lower than the number of Mafias.

Feel free to ask any question about your role via this PM. Please confirm the role reception via PM too.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Role list (COMPLETE)

DJ Wizard Cop: show
You are Hershel Layton, the Puzzle Master.

You are the top-hat gentleman, who leaves no puzzle unsolved. Your famous intuition has saved people many times, and if you want to save your town this time, you will have to use it.

Active Abilities: Puzzle time!
In Night 1, you will recieve a puzzle. You can solve that puzzle the same night, or in any other following night, and send the answer via PM. If you do, you will receive the name of one of the mafia members. The next night you have solved that puzzle, you will receive another one. This cycle continues until you know the name of all the mafia crew or you have died.

Passive abilities: Master and Apprentice.
You will be able to communicate with Luke Triton (BelieveBlood) via this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/39TmBrpVDPY

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win the game if all Mafia Members are killed.

Believeblood: show
You are Luke Triton, the Town's doctor.

Professor Layton's apprentice, number one! That's who you are, and that makes you proud. You have learnt everything from him, even how to make tea. And you will use those abilities to protect the ones you trust.

Active Abilities: Layton Elixir.
Once per night, you can PM the name of a certain player. You will protect that player of any ability, included Mafia Killings. You can't use this ability in Yourself.

Passive abilities: Master and Apprentice.
You will be able to communicate with Professor Layton (DJ Wizard Cop) via this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/39TmBrpVDPY
Every conversation about the game shall be trascipted here.

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win if every mafia member is killed.

crabbyman66: show
You are Granny Riddleton, town reminder.

"Do you often find yourself hopelessly, achingly, painfully stuck on puzzles? Well then, sonny, you've come to the right person!"

Active abilities: Puzzle shack
A certain night, you can name a dead player. You will receive all the abilities and information that player had before dying, and you will be able to use them the following night.

Restriction: You can use "Puzzle Shack" just ONCE in the game.

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win when all mafias are dead or it's impossible to avoid that condition.

Tid+The Silent One: show
You are Inspector Chelmey, town investigator.

Oh, Chelmey, destiny has matched you with Layton once again. But you know you are better than him. You are the best of
Scotland Yard. And you will stop that mafia and its members... if you don't overlook any single clue.

Active Abilities: Investigation.
Once per night, you can send the name of a certain player. You will recieve a PM telling if the player is a mafia or a
townie. However, your ability has an error chance of 50% (this means, you can recieve the wrong result for a player, with
50% chance. The mod will flip a coin in order to decide it.)

Passive Abilities: Overlooking.
You can't change your vote once you have voted.

Victory conditions: You are a Townie. You win when every town menace have been eliminated

Gold: show
You are Emmy Altava, town photographer.

Emmy, first assistant of the Professor. Meeting him saved your life, and now you will do anything to help him. Maybe that good old camera will be useful.

Active Abilities: Amateur photograph.
Once per night, you can send the name of a certain player. You will receive a PM with a "photo" description, indicating if the player visited or was visited by any other player during that night.

Victory conditions: You are a Townie. You win when every town menace have been eliminated.

The Silent One: show
You are Bruno, St. Mystere keeper

You have dedicated your life to maintain a whole town, and you will risk it now to defend the ones who need it.

Active Abilities: Mainteniance
Once per night, you can send the name of a player. That player will be removed form the game (ie, he/she will be protected
and roleblocked) during that night. You can't use this ability on yourself.

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win if every town menace is eliminated.

Genis: show
You are Dr. Andrew Schrader, the Mentor.

They say the student always overcomes the master, and they didn't get it wrong: you have seen your pupil Hershel to solve the most intriguing mysteries. And now, next to depart form this world, you want to let him some last words...

Active Abilities: Intuition.
Once per night, you can send the name of a player. You will recieve a PM saying if that player is Mafia.

Passive Ability: Testament.
Once you have died, you can redact a PM. Then, you can choose one player in the game to recieve that PM (You must send me the pm, so I will resend it. You can't send the PM to anyone else). You can include any information you have gathered via you "Intuition" ability in that PM.

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win if every town menace is eliminated.

Brikmaethor: show
You are Mr. Beluga, owner of the Molentary Express.

You left your family behind in order to make your own future, and today you move the destinies of many people which travel where they want to go. Or where you want them to go.

Active Ability: Train Detour.
Once per night, you can choose two players, A and B. Every ability used in A will target B instead. You can choose yourself as B, but not as A.

Fly or Die: show
You are Jean Descole, the Mafia Leader.

"I'll give up everything and fight you for it. That is what I have come to do from this day onward."

Active abilities: Mafia Killing.
Once per night, with the other Mafia Members, you can choose a character. That character will die that night.

Passive abilities:
-Communication: You can communicate with Dimitri Allen (DarkWolf93) and Anton Herzel (Pachino) via this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL

-Mystery: Your role won't be revealed once you have died. Any investigation about your role will fail (or give the result "it's a townie").

Victory conditions: You are a Mafia. You win if the number of alive townies is lower than the number of Mafias.

Pachino: show
You are Anton Herzel, Folsense vampire.

"Sophia is mine! You can't have her!"

Active Abilities:
-Kidnapping
Once per night, you can send the name of a player. That player will be removed from the game (aka, protected and
role blocked) that night. You can't use this ability on yourself.
-Hallucinations
Once per nigth, you can send the name of two players, B and C. B will receive a PM with one of the next sentences
(you can choose which one):
>Player C is Mafia.
>Player C has been seen using a pistol
>Player C was sent to kill you, but he failed.

Passive abilities:
Communication: you can comunicate with Jean Descole(Fly or Die) and Dimitri Allen(DarkWolf93) via this quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL

Victory conditions: You are a Mafia. You win if the number of Townies is lower than the number of Mafias.

Darkwolf93+kevinb1229: show
You are Dimitri Allen, the amoral scientist

"Now, without further ado, I give you my Time Machine!"

Active Abilities: Time travel
-Travel to the past: Once per night, you can choose a dead player. You will receive the ability of that player during that night, and will be able to use it inmediatly. Any role/ability investigation about you that night will report the identity of the player you have chosen.

-Travel to the future: Once in the game, you can use this ability via PMing the mod. You will be removed from the game, not being allowed to post, vote or use any other ability. You still can communicate with other mafia members. You will be back to the game next night or if you are the only alive mafia in the game. Note: This ability can be used in ANY TIME during the game, as long as you are alive.

Passive abilities: Communication
You can talk with Jean Descole (Fly or Die) and Anton Herzel (Pachino) via this quicktopic:
http://quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL

Restriction: You can't use "Travel to the past" and "Travel to the future" the same night.

Victory conditions: You are a Mafia. You win if the number of Townies is lower than the number of Mafias.

Panthera leo: show
You are Don Paolo, Layton's rival.

"You will pay for this, Layton! One day, I'll have my revenge on you!"

Active ability: Master of disguise:
Once per game, you can choose a player. That player will be invited to communicate with you via a quicktopic (the mod will provide one for you). You can act as any Layton character, excluding Layton himself. If you die during a night phase, you will be reported as dead with the identity you have chosen. If you get lynched, your real role will be revealed instead.
Any investigation about your role will report you as townie.

-Searching your rival: Once per night, you can choose a player. You will receive a pm saying if that player is the Professor Layton.

-Safe claim (you can claim this role as yours, with no punishment.)
Flora, the Golden Apple.

Active ability: Redirection. Once per night, you can choose a player. Any ability used in that player will be retargeted to a random player.

Passive ability: If you die, there will be an extra Night Phase.

Victory conditions: You are an independent/Third Party role. You win if every mafia member has been killed, both Layton and Luke got killed and you survive to the game's last day.

If you guys do want to, I will post an explanation about how did I come with those roles. (Basically, how did I translate the canon stuff into the mafia game)

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:22 am

MGN Username: Pach
Genis wrote:
DP cause I'm too lazy.
Pachino wrote:
I am mad with inner rage... :evil:
Alright, here's how it went down.
KevinB1229: He slipped up Day 2. End of story
Fly or Die: Night 2, he claimed Godfather to Panthera. Seroiusly, I don't care if he's the third-party role, why would you claim Godfather anyways?
Me: Genis came up with a guilty on me, I tried to defend myself but...yeah.

This is basically why we lost.

Thanks to me, Panthera, and KevinB. I found you out, Panthera found out Fly or Die, and Kevin just killed himself.
My role wasn't as cheap... when I was alive. I was a regular investigator.

Yeah, I knew you were regular cop. But seriously, after Fly or Die died, I was really hoping I wouldn't be found out, and maybe, just maybe, I could pull this off all by myself, and make the biggest, most epic mafia win ever. Instead, we had the worst mafia loss in the history of McLeodGaming Mafias.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Tbh, if Kevin hadn't killed himself and just traveled to the future instead, the game might have gone a bit differently. The town probably would have mislynched and the mafia would get a night kill, making it 5 townies/3 mafia by Day 3. Master probably would have decided to try to win with the mafia, and wouldn't have revealed FoD. The mafia could have won if it wasn't for the suicide...

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Action history:

Night 1:

Pachino:
-Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop. That was somewhat smart, but killing him was the best idea.
-Hallucinations: Tid>"crabbyman66 attempted to kill you, but failed." Well played, sir. Well played.

Tid:
-Investigation: Fly or Die. As FoD was the godfather, Tid got an inno.

Masterp433:
-Master of disguise, part one: Fly or Die. Yeah, the third party role decided to talk with the mafia Godfather.

Genis:
-Intuition: crabbyman66. Got roleblocked, so...

Gold:
-Amateur photography: crabbyman66. Wow , you really didn't trust this guy. Also, crabby was a sitting duck, waiting for someone to die in order to use his ability. So, I reported him as didn't even wanting to leave his house.

Fly or Die:
-Mafia Killing: The Silent One. An inactive kill by the mafia... no comments.

Kevinb1229:
-Not using any ability. Same as crabby.

Believeblood:
-Layton Elixir: Genis. By priority,

Brikmaethor:
-Train Detour: DJ Wizard>Genis. This screwed most of the stuff. Genis got roleblocked+protected, so he didn't receive any result of his ability, and didn't receive the protection of BB.

-crabbyman66
*can't do anything yet* (lol sitting duck)

-The Silent One:
Not using his ability. He was likely waiting for more info.

-DJ Wizard Cop.
(Received puzzle 001)
(Solved puzzle right)... that was the only easy one.

Night 2:
-Pachino
Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop... AGAIN? REALLY? Why don't you just kill him instead?
Hallucinations: Believeblood>"Gold was seen using a pistol"... and then you kill gold. WHAT.

-DJ Wizard Cop
(received puzzle 002)
(Sent answer: Wrong)

-crabbyman66
Puzzle shack: kevinb1229 AKA most lucky amnesiac use EVER.

-Gold
Watck/Track: crabbyman66... wow, you really didn't trust this guy.

-Genis
Investigate: Panthera leo and got an inno because of godfather-like skills.

-Believeblood
Doc: Dj Wizard Cop. As he got kidnapped first, this one didn't work.

-Fly or Die
Mafia killing: Gold... and why did you send that message then?

-Panthera leo
Searching Layton: Believeblood ... LOL

-Brikmaethor
DJ Wizard will be passenger A again, and Tid/The Silent One will be passenger B.
So, he roleblocked TSO, giving DJ Wiz time to solve the puzzle... wrong.

-Tid/The Silent One
Investigating: crabbyman66. (Gets wrong result)

Day 3:
-crabbyman66
Travel to the future... you LUCKY guy.

Night 3:
-Genis
Investigate: Pachino... you MORE LUCKY guy.

-Pachino:
Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop... KILL HIM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Mafia Killing: Panthera leo ... KILL GENIS! why him? he was useless!
Hallucinations: BB>"Brikmaethor is mafia"... this one was well played, at least.

-DJ Wiz
(Sent 2nd answer: RIGHT)
(Receives no answer because of roleblocking)

-Panthera leo:
Searching your rival: DJ Wizard Cop... this wasn't really needed. But, well, maybe he wanted to make sure.

-Believeblood:
Doc: Genis... and this made the game over.

-Brikmaethor
Train detour: Believeblood>The Silent One. So TSO received Pachino's PM instead.

-The Silent one.
Investigate: Brikmaethor. Gets wrong result. This+Pachino's ability could have made Brik to be lynched... and then Genis appeared.

Awards?... soon.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:25 pm

194 wrote:
Action history:

Night 1:

Pachino:
-Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop. That was somewhat smart, but killing him was the best idea.
-Hallucinations: Tid>"crabbyman66 attempted to kill you, but failed." Well played, sir. Well played.

Tid:
-Investigation: Fly or Die. As FoD was the godfather, Tid got an inno.

Masterp433:
-Master of disguise, part one: Fly or Die. Yeah, the third party role decided to talk with the mafia Godfather.

Genis:
-Intuition: crabbyman66. Got roleblocked, so...

Gold:
-Amateur photography: crabbyman66. Wow , you really didn't trust this guy. Also, crabby was a sitting duck, waiting for someone to die in order to use his ability. So, I reported him as didn't even wanting to leave his house.

Fly or Die:
-Mafia Killing: The Silent One. An inactive kill by the mafia... no comments.

Kevinb1229:
-Not using any ability. Same as crabby.

Believeblood:
-Layton Elixir: Genis. By priority,

Brikmaethor:
-Train Detour: DJ Wizard>Genis. This screwed most of the stuff. Genis got roleblocked+protected, so he didn't receive any result of his ability, and didn't receive the protection of BB.

-crabbyman66
*can't do anything yet* (lol sitting duck)

-The Silent One:
Not using his ability. He was likely waiting for more info.

-DJ Wizard Cop.
(Received puzzle 001)
(Solved puzzle right)... that was the only easy one.

Night 2:
-Pachino
Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop... AGAIN? REALLY? Why don't you just kill him instead?
Hallucinations: Believeblood>"Gold was seen using a pistol"... and then you kill gold. WHAT.

-DJ Wizard Cop
(received puzzle 002)
(Sent answer: Wrong)

-crabbyman66
Puzzle shack: kevinb1229 AKA most lucky amnesiac use EVER.

-Gold
Watck/Track: crabbyman66... wow, you really didn't trust this guy.

-Genis
Investigate: Panthera leo and got an inno because of godfather-like skills.

-Believeblood
Doc: Dj Wizard Cop. As he got kidnapped first, this one didn't work.

-Fly or Die
Mafia killing: Gold... and why did you send that message then?

-Panthera leo
Searching Layton: Believeblood ... LOL

-Brikmaethor
DJ Wizard will be passenger A again, and Tid/The Silent One will be passenger B.
So, he roleblocked TSO, giving DJ Wiz time to solve the puzzle... wrong.

-Tid/The Silent One
Investigating: crabbyman66. (Gets wrong result)

Day 3:
-crabbyman66
Travel to the future... you LUCKY guy.

Night 3:
-Genis
Investigate: Pachino... you MORE LUCKY guy.

-Pachino:
Kidnapping: DJ Wizard Cop... KILL HIM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Mafia Killing: Panthera leo ... KILL GENIS! why him? he was useless!
Hallucinations: BB>"Brikmaethor is mafia"... this one was well played, at least.

-DJ Wiz
(Sent 2nd answer: RIGHT)
(Receives no answer because of roleblocking)

-Panthera leo:
Searching your rival: DJ Wizard Cop... this wasn't really needed. But, well, maybe he wanted to make sure.

-Believeblood:
Doc: Genis... and this made the game over.

-Brikmaethor
Train detour: Believeblood>The Silent One. So TSO received Pachino's PM instead.

-The Silent one.
Investigate: Brikmaethor. Gets wrong result. This+Pachino's ability could have made Brik to be lynched... and then Genis appeared.

Awards?... soon.

Lol this was the weirdest mafia play ever.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 pm

f#%& it.

Night One, I believed that Doc was on Layton so I told Pachino to kill him. I also told him to send a message to Gold.

Night Two, I killed Gold to bandwagon crabby and PACHINO WENT AHEAD AND DID HIS MESSAGE TO GOLD WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MAN.

Oh, and Tid, why didn't you clear me? You indirectly caused my death.

Also, kevinb1229 didn't travel to the future because he DIDN"T HAVE TIME TO CHECK THE TOPIC UNFAIR ALERT.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:29 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Uh, yeah, he did.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:34 pm

That's odd. In the mafia topic he said he was planning to future travel. :/

Was a fun game, anyway.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Double Post : )

-The entire game was screwed for the mafia by luck. Dj Wiz investigated kebin, Panthera revealed me, and then Genis investiagated Pachino. My plan to bandwagon crabby didn't even work because HE AMNESIAC'D kebin. : (

-The entire game was murder to me. After I saw the suspicion landing on Gold and Brik for good arguements, I decided to not post anything that showed above-lurker intellegence. Not fun.

But, good game everyone. Panthera excluded.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Mafia quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL
Don Paolo's quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/V666MdpQzGV
Layton's quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/39TmBrpVDPY

AWARDS TIME!

"DJ Layton Cop" award goes to DJ Wiz, because he got Layton's role (randomly).
"Lucky Riddleton" award goes to crabby, because he got EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDED just when he needed it.
"Living up to his name" award goes to The Silent One. Go averiguate why.
"Heel Face Turn" award goes to Panthera leo, for screwing Fly or Die.
"Persistent Action" goes to Pachino, because he kidnapped DJ Wiz every single night.
"Useless useful" award goes to Believeblood, because nobody took him seriously (and he was THE FRGGING DOCTOR)
"Madspector Chelmey" goes to Tid/TSO, because they only got wrong results.
"Overpowered one" award goes to Genis. He was the only standard cop in the game. And, when he died, HE COULD SEND A PM TO OTHER PLAYER, TELLING HIM ALL THE STUFF HE HAS FOUND. Guys, he was the most OP role in the whole game. Really.
"Suicide" award goes to kevin, who, instead of using his ability as crabby did, decided to tell everyone he was mafia, and ended up voting himself.
"Confuser" award go to Gold and Brik. Gold, because his posts triggered the massive suspicions on crabby, and Brik because his bus-driving ability changed the game so much times. Also, he always was the last person in sending the PM, so the planned actions for the night usually changed even for me.

And, the "True Gentleman" award goes... to Faceless Void. He read the whole game and deducted everyone's lining IN DAY 1.

Last edited by Ikuyo on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
194 wrote:
Mafia quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/WrWKPicYPvKL
Don Paolo's quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/V666MdpQzGV
Layton's quicktopic: http://quicktopic.com/46/H/39TmBrpVDPY

AWARDS TIME!

"DJ Layton Cop" award goes to DJ Wiz, because he got Layton's role (randomly).
"Lucky Riddleton" award goes to crabby, because he got EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDED just when he needed it.
"The Silent One" award goes to The Silent one and Tid. Go averiguate why.
"Heel Face Turn" award goes to Panthera leo, for screwing Fly or Die.
"Persistent Action" goes to Pachino, because he kidnapped DJ Wiz every single night.
"Useless useful" award goes to Believeblood, because nobody took him seriously (and he was THE FRGGING DOCTOR)
"Madspector Chelmey" goes to Tid/TSO, because the only got wrong results.
"Overpowered one" award goes to Genis. He was the only standard cop in the game. And, when he died, HE COULD SEND A PM TO OTHER PLAYER, TELLING HIM ALL THE STUFF HE HAS FOUND. Guys, he was the most OP role in the whole game. Really.
"Suicide" award goes to kevin, who, instead of using his ability as crabby did, decided to tell everyone he was mafia, and ended up woting himself.
"Confuser" award go to Gold and Brik. Gold, because his posts triggered the massive suspicions on crabby, and Brik because his bus-driving ability changed the game so much times. Also, he always was the last person in sending the PM, so the planned actions for the night usually changed even for me.

And, the "True Gentleman" award goes... to Faceless Void. He read the whole game and deducted everyone's lining IN DAY 1.

The hell? I got nothing?

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next