The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
DeferredGalaxy's Earthbound Covers Thread + More 

This is going to be a thread showcasing my creations of covers of Earthbound/Mother songs. I'm making Earthbound covers, mainly because it's my favorite video game series of all time. I might also do other game overs. But mostly Mother.

I thought this would be a good practice, as I love making covers.

MOTHER 1/EARTHBOUND ZERO:
Mother Earth - https://nathanielwhitlock.bandcamp.com/ ... ther-earth

EARTHBOUND/MOTHER 2:
MOTHER 2 Introduction (Coming Soon...)

MOTHER 3/EARTHBOUND 2:
MOTHER 3 Introduction (Comind Soon...)

MULTIPLE (Songs that reoccur in more than one game, ala Pollyanna or Snowman.):
TBA

Also, I'm new to the forums. So, I hope I have fun in this community, which I probably will, as I always do enjoy Gaming Forums. :)

Last edited by DeferredGalaxy3 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:03 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
That's nice

I don't believe there's a rule for it but this thread is kind of pointless if there's nothing to show

You should've waited until you finished the first piece, for courtesy if nothing else

Also welcome to the forums, I am a dog

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

TerminX wrote:
That's nice

I don't believe there's a rule for it but this thread is kind of pointless if there's nothing to show

You should've waited until you finished the first piece, for courtesy if nothing else

Also welcome to the forums, I am a dog

Thanks. I probably should have waited, anyway, though. Sorry about that, I got excited is all. ^^'

Okay, so I finished it earlier than I thought I would. I made a cover of Mother Earth. This is just a warm up, nothing too special. https://nathanielwhitlock.bandcamp.com/ ... ther-earth I'll try to get more stylized with Mother 2's intro screen, rather than stay within the genre. I might get done in a couple weeks depending on what happens.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
This sounds mysteriously like you took a MIDI and added your own instruments.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:10 pm

[TSON] wrote:
This sounds mysteriously like you took a MIDI and added your own instruments.

Technically true. I did take a MIDI, but I built upon it adding more tracks and harmonies, edits, etc. This was just a warm-up, though. I will, in fact, be using MIDIs as bases for songs, but future songs will have more variation and edit to them. MIDIs help me to get chords and give me a good idea what to do with them.

I did, in fact, try doing more things with it, like adding a drum track and more instruments, but the mixture of my headphones being blown in the process and me just not finding a good and original fit, it just didn't work out.

In other words, I failed and I should have tried harder. >.> I know, I know, I should have realized this sooner, but I honestly want to revisit this later on. Plus, the fact, I was trying to rush this... which never EVER works out, which is why I'm not giving myself a deadline, anymore, and just giving a vague guess of couple weeks... unless, you know, your keyboard flaps out and the AC adapter starts putting power out in the whole room... because that happened just today. Yeah, I guess the electronic flu or whatever got ahold of my instruments and electonics. But I have spares, so it's not like I'm not in working conditions, just wish my electronics didn't make me so unwilling to do things. Dx

I have no excuses. I should have tried harder, is what i'm saying, and I just realized this today so that shows you my extremely slow and sluggish thought process...

Now to stop talking before I bash myself any further. Ugh...

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:21 am
 [ 5 posts ]