The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 am

[ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
Marth 

MGN Username: DescendedSun
Currently Playing: SSF2
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Saikyoshi wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I honestly believe Marth could easily become top tier in the demo. His potential is unlike any other character I've seen thus far....

Combo game is basically comparable to Melee Fox. :|
Even though he can't Ken Combo as easily, it's possible to perform it backwards ( dair > tipper fair). I'm officially dubbing it the Moon Combo. (See what I did there?)
His tech chasing game is unlike any other.
Juggles are better than ever.
Still outranges a large % of the cast, despite having less range than normal. (Only rival is Ichigo, but he's slow)
Dancing Blade is too good.
Amazing damage racking abilities.
He transitioned into the enviroment much more smoothly.

Though his weaknesses are still his recovery and being lightweight, Marth has it better than most characters in the game.

Because of Marth being Marth, they didn't change him all that much and there's no need to. Characters anymore just can't keep up with the enviroments, Fox and Kirby are perfect examples.
While most characters had to sacrifice some tools for buffs (Link's range for speed, Sonic's unpredictablilty for kill power), Marth though, stayed the same for the most part.

Overall, Marth is perfect. Keep Marth the same, other characters just need new buffs entirely.
Keep up the good work.

His counter needs fixed, though, because it's completely nonfunctional at the moment. There's no arguing with that.

True dat.

You make me think i'm really good with Marth for a few hours. :xd:

Youtube

Latest video!
CPU Battles!
YouTube Video:

Support my songs! Soundcloud

MG: Descended_sun - YT:Powerofzarak/DescendedSun - MGN: Descendedsun

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Marths down B is alot harder to do then ken combo, its such a short time frame compared to melee i think iv only successfully done it maybe twice.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'm surprised how bad his Dair is. Tipper hit-box feels small. Not a lot of knockback on the tipper either. Mediocre recover characters are can recovery back to the 60-70% when hit by it. And it has the landing-lag that of his Non-L-cancelled Down-air is Melee.

Other than that; and the fact that he can't Short-Hop Fast-Fall Up-air on shorter character, because you land before your knees hit the ground; I like Marth, depict what some other complaints I've heard/seen. I like how he can crouch-cancel out of a dash very early to FSmash and slides a bit. It's like doing a wavedash FSmash in Melee.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:
I'm surprised how bad his Dair is. Tipper hit-box feels small. Not a lot of knockback on the tipper either. Mediocre recover characters are can recovery back to the 60-70% when hit by it. And it has the landing-lag that of his Non-L-cancelled Down-air is Melee.

Other than that; and the fact that he can't Short-Hop Fast-Fall Up-air on shorter character, because you land before your knees hit the ground; I like Marth, depict what some other complaints I've heard/seen. I like how he can crouch-cancel out of a dash very early to FSmash and slides a bit. It's like doing a wavedash FSmash in Melee.

I once spiked bomberman at over 100% and he meteor canceled with his DJ and recovered easily.

I find it more reliable if you aim with the back part of the dair. It seems easier that way, but you can't really get Ken combos like this. Its like his Brawl dair it seems.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Mari0, and Scrabble. I love me some Scrabble.
How does one go about using Marth's Down Special? I know how the move works, but how do you guys use the move that gives you an edge? So far it's been an invitation to be grabbed. I just use it as Marth's second taunt...

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:15 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Hey guys, Marth is actually able to Counter now

Aw yiss

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 am

MGN Username: Mariosforehead
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, Halo, Classic Nintendo Games, or Fallout New Vegas/Skyrim
Wow so much comments in this topic compared to the other characters o.o Anyways yea Marth is a bad apple in this version. Alot better then I expected :colonthree:

MGN: mariosforehead
Forehead will consume you!
SSF2 Mains: Mario, Bomberman, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Mariosforehead1

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Starkiller2 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

I once spiked bomberman at over 100% and he meteor canceled with his DJ and recovered easily.

I find it more reliable if you aim with the back part of the dair. It seems easier that way, but you can't really get Ken combos like this. Its like his Brawl dair it seems.

Everyone just needs get used to it's increased speed and new hitbox placement.
It's range is deceiving, especially since it covers a large distance below him.
I don't know why cpu's meteor cancel it tho, it's a spike. Least that's what it's supposed to be.

Also, it's smaller hitbox makes Ken Combo's more satisfying. :mrgreen:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Yea the new d-air just takes time getting used to.
Not sure if im allowed to post this here but this is a random combo highlight I had while playing earlier, it shows marths insane combo ability
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZHI3-Sk0Oo
(just tell me if I'm not allowed to put it here)

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwe_ZagNDtx5kRoFyF6zuw

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:16 am

Hisoka wrote:
Not sure if im allowed to post this here but this is a random combo highlight I had while playing earlier, it shows marths insane combo ability

NO DI whatsoever.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
ss4chris wrote:
Hisoka wrote:

NO DI whatsoever.

too true.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwe_ZagNDtx5kRoFyF6zuw

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:43 pm

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I honestly believe Marth could easily become top tier in the demo. His potential is unlike any other character I've seen thus far....

Combo game is basically comparable to Melee Fox. :|
Even though he can't Ken Combo as easily, it's possible to perform it backwards ( dair > tipper fair). I'm officially dubbing it the Moon Combo. (See what I did there?)
His tech chasing game is unlike any other.
Juggles are better than ever.
Throwing game is unrivaled.
Fast in general.
Still outranges a large % of the cast, despite having less range than normal. (Only rival is Ichigo, but he's slow)
Dancing Blade is too good.
Amazing damage racking abilities.
He transitioned into the enviroment much more smoothly.

Though his weaknesses are still his recovery and being a tall lightweight, Marth has it better than most characters in the game.

Because of Marth being Marth, they didn't change him all that much and there's no need to. Characters anymore just can't keep up with the enviroments, Fox and Kirby are perfect examples.
While most characters had to sacrifice some tools for buffs (Link's range for speed, Sonic's unpredictablilty for kill power), Marth though, stayed the same for the most part.

Overall, Marth is perfect. Keep Marth the same, other characters just need new buffs entirely.
Keep up the good work.

his side b is actually really lack luster compared to melee and brawl. They enemy can get out of it after 1-2 hit hardly good at all

his chain grabs though.. omg lmao. too good.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:45 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
sideb is fantastic

third hit up causes tech chases at high %s
does great damage overall
almost always combos unless you try to do the down combo

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
ss4chris wrote:

his side b is actually really lack luster compared to melee and brawl. They enemy can get out of it after 1-2 hit hardly good at all

mm mm, his side B chain is more useful than it's ever been, depending on the character weigt you might have to use the upward(blue) or downward(green) swings, but if you land the second hit you're almost guaranteed the third and fourth.. that was never the case in brawl, and especially not melee.

ss4chris wrote:
Hisoka wrote:

NO DI whatsoever.

actually there was DI, Bad DI

GM

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 pm

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
ss4chris wrote:

mm mm, his side B chain is more useful than it's ever been, depending on the character weigt you might have to use the upward(blue) or downward(green) swings, but if you land the second hit you're almost guaranteed the third and fourth.. that was never the case in brawl, and especially not melee.

ss4chris wrote:
Hisoka wrote:

NO DI whatsoever.

actually there was DI, Bad DI

There was no DI it was a on a player 2 Goku who did nothing til he Uped b lol.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:56 pm
 [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next