The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:55 am

[ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 164  Next
SSF2 Online Matches 

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
GGs envy

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 am

MGN Username: sparty88
Bomono wrote:
GGs to sparty.

hows my falcon and fox?

Not bat at all, although we were playing a lot of dittos and it's hard to get a good read on how you would play against different characters. Like with Fox dittos, bread and butter stuff works a lot of the time. You can do multiple utilts to rack damage and then it really comes down to who's getting grabs and nairs. So I would've liked to see you go for less of the stuff I know you can do (grabs, utilt) and try out some different tech (shine grab, drill shine, useful multi shining in general). I think if you practice more of that stuff you can become more dynamic and comfortable with the character. Not saying I was necessarily sandbagging or anything, but after a handful of games (and we played a ton lol), I was more or less experimenting and working on micro stuff, like short hop aerials out of shines consistently. And also trying not to lose!

Your Falcon also shows potential. My advice would be to tighten it up a little. It's really easy to overshoot moves with the speed he gathers, so work on your spacing. Also, a short hop nair in place can be sort of a defensive move that can lead to a combo. Work on moving less to nair, bair, dair, and knee in general. And use more uair, especially for going off stage for kills. Like I said, it's difficult to see how useful this stuff can be in a ditto because CF dittos are so volatile. But when you're playing tougher characters to pin down (Fox, Kirby, Jiggs, Pika, etc), you get a better understanding of why it's important. So if we play again, I'll mix up my characters and see how your approach changes. Good to see you improving with these characters. Also, you Tails dittos with rem were a joy to watch.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:03 pm

sparty88 wrote:
Bomono wrote:
GGs to sparty.

hows my falcon and fox?

Not bat at all, although we were playing a lot of dittos and it's hard to get a good read on how you would play against different characters. Like with Fox dittos, bread and butter stuff works a lot of the time. You can do multiple utilts to rack damage and then it really comes down to who's getting grabs and nairs. So I would've liked to see you go for less of the stuff I know you can do (grabs, utilt) and try out some different tech (shine grab, drill shine, useful multi shining in general). I think if you practice more of that stuff you can become more dynamic and comfortable with the character. Not saying I was necessarily sandbagging or anything, but after a handful of games (and we played a ton lol), I was more or less experimenting and working on micro stuff, like short hop aerials out of shines consistently. And also trying not to lose!

Your Falcon also shows potential. My advice would be to tighten it up a little. It's really easy to overshoot moves with the speed he gathers, so work on your spacing. Also, a short hop nair in place can be sort of a defensive move that can lead to a combo. Work on moving less to nair, bair, dair, and knee in general. And use more uair, especially for going off stage for kills. Like I said, it's difficult to see how useful this stuff can be in a ditto because CF dittos are so volatile. But when you're playing tougher characters to pin down (Fox, Kirby, Jiggs, Pika, etc), you get a better understanding of why it's important. So if we play again, I'll mix up my characters and see how your approach changes. Good to see you improving with these characters. Also, you Tails dittos with rem were a joy to watch.

I was trying to do shorthop upairs every time i upsmashed, i just have a problem with upairs in short hops, i can do dair shorthop just fine for some reason.

My main is tails.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Short hop dair is much more useful, anyways. Short how upair is borderline swagging haha.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:04 pm

GGs to zalos, i have never been as salty as i am right now. i think your mario may be my least favorite thing to fight that i have seen online. but its a very good mario.

My main is tails.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:48 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
GGs to you too. You have good spacing of attacks with all the characters you used. You just got to watch-out with doing hard-reads and guesses. You're leaving yourself wide-opened for punishment.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I'm sorry for the couple of matches Sparty. I was losing my temper at myself. I can't seem to pull off anything else besides what I use. It's really frustrating not to be able to aim.

It's moments like these that make me wanna throw myself off of online play. I try to adapt and I can't. I don't know how to practice to get better. Winning does not equal getting better. Especially if I'm using the same tactics to beat someone.

Winning 80% of the time means nothing at this point. I feel like I need a teacher. I just don't get it.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 pm

RemPrower wrote:
I'm sorry for the couple of matches Sparty. I was losing my temper at myself. I can't seem to pull off anything else besides what I use. It's really frustrating not to be able to aim.

Why are you apologizing though? /:|

Edit - Zalo, we had a decent connection for like 2-3 games and then it went right back to garbage. Literally could not tech a single thing and just stopped trying once I saw it wasn't getting any better. You can imagine how ridiculously frustrating that is with Fox, where I'm basically left rolling around on the floor and being chased. Really wish we had a better connection because you're pretty much the only good player on right now.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Currently Playing: All smash games, pokemon
rem you are amazing!!!! : D. indeed the best tails ever :P. glad i finally got to play you! i shoulda pulled out kirby during the tourney but whatever o.o....

Mains:ImageImage :fox: ? :zelda:?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWPfLs ... BiEiGXBaQg

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
This would be our first encounter wouldn't it be?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 am

Currently Playing: All smash games, pokemon
indeed it is :). i have wanted to play you for quite a while : D. you're pretty damn good! fun kirby dittos also goml sorry for trolling with all those other characters lol. i mostly play kirby link spamus

Mains:ImageImage :fox: ? :zelda:?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWPfLs ... BiEiGXBaQg

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:44 am
BR Member

Trickmew wrote:
indeed it is :). i have wanted to play you for quite a while : D. you're pretty damn good! fun kirby dittos also goml sorry for trolling with all those other characters lol. i mostly play kirby link spamus

I play lots of characters but Kirby really is the only one I get a lot of mileage out of.

(although getting top 3 in a tournament with a day old chibi robo was kinda something. I really need to start using him again.)

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Shoutouts to SoldierSunday for those matches on stream last night. I had a lot of fun. I need to work on self-control and stop panicking whenever the match is close.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Why do me and PPStyle have the most intense matches ever? Seriously, GGs to you man. You have the only DK that I actually enjoy playing against.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

As usual, GGs to Ganondoof. Your Wario's frustrating at times but still fun to play.

Wish I could say the same for sparty88, but unfortunately, dude quitted every time he was losing. But hey, hope the one win with Pikachu you got made you feel better.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:01 pm
 [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 164  Next