The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:12 pm

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jigglypuff 

Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, Fire emblem awakening etc
Waifu: ZSS
What up people I am back after I awhile. One thing that I have been wondering is that does jigglypuff have the biggest shield in the game like in the smash games?

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:17 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
I think her small size just makes her shield look big, but due to her small size she doesn't get shield stabbed as easy. As for the character with the largest shield I'm pretty sure every character has the same shield size, since larger/taller characters like DK and Samus get shield stabbed quite easily.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:41 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Doof wrote:
I think her small size just makes her shield look big, but due to her small size she doesn't get shield stabbed as easy. As for the character with the largest shield I'm pretty sure every character has the same shield size, since larger/taller characters like DK and Samus get shield stabbed quite easily.

From what I've seen, Bowser has a massive shield to compensate for his large size, so maybe shield size is something that is changing in Beta (idk about 9b). Jiggs is just small and round, so the shield seems to cover her better (although her shield may be relatively large). Not to mention that she dies if her shield is broken, so giving her a shield that is better than the norm would make sense.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:39 am

Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

From what I've seen, Bowser has a massive shield to compensate for his large size, so maybe shield size is something that is changing in Beta (idk about 9b). Jiggs is just small and round, so the shield seems to cover her better (although her shield may be relatively large). Not to mention that she dies if her shield is broken, so giving her a shield that is better than the norm would make sense.

Or maybe they should just remove shield poking in general....

Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

being invulnerable on an almost-depleted shield would be dumb.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:10 pm

dope 8^) wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

Isn't that the point of shield breaking? So they can't stay in shield forever. Plus they don't even have shield angling in this game (yet). It just feels jank when i'm clearly shield something and get hit anyway.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
dope 8^) wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

Isn't that the point of shield breaking? So they can't stay in shield forever. Plus they don't even have shield angling in this game (yet). It just feels jank when i'm clearly shield something and get hit anyway.

Sure would look weird tho, you clearly get hit by a well spaced attack that was intended to shield stab you and then it just misses instead because the shield is too small to get hit.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:43 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
dope 8^) wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

But without shield-stabs, shield would be way too safe. Shield pressure options would take a severe hit in effectiveness.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:15 pm

dope 8^) wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
dope 8^) wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
Doof wrote:

But without shield-stabs, shield would be way too safe. Shield pressure options would take a severe hit in effectiveness.

Just increase shield-stun or make shields regenerate slower (or both).

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I think the thing is that this demo shield's deplete faster then they did last demo which leads to more shield stabbing or poking, whatever you want to call it.

However, due to the jankiness of SSF2 in general, somethings that shouldn't shield poke, like Link's bombs shielding poking a perfect shield or a healthy shield is a problem or something poking that shouldn't at all.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:02 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
TBH removing shield poking might be a major nerf to shields, because it means characters like Fox can pressure to shield break more easily.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:57 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
Do you guys think rising pound to catch a DI'd uthrow by Fox into rest a la hbox at around 35%-53% is possible on humans? Can't tell if it can be shined out of or not, since, yknow, cpu.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Lite2Key wrote:
Do you guys think rising pound to catch a DI'd uthrow by Fox into rest a la hbox at around 35%-53% is possible on humans? Can't tell if it can be shined out of or not, since, yknow, cpu.
[ Image ]

You got this technique from evo didn't you? I am not sure, it could work on BBM and Falcon as well, but we will see.

If they S.D.I away then I don't know. I will try it and see for myself.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:43 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
I had seen it before, on Leffen at (can't remember) but EVO got me thinking like hey, let's actually try for once
Edit: also bbm can act out too early and doesn't fall fast enough to regrab

Last edited by Lite2Key on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Lite2Key wrote:
I had seen it before, on Leffen at (can't remember) but EVO got me thinking like hey, let's actually try for once
Edit: also bbm can act out too early and doesn't fall fast enough to regrab

Bomberman is a fast faller, but he is at the lower end of it so you have to up air him. It's easier on him then any of the high fallers.

Edit: It's not a true combo, just tested it, Pound has to much end lag and doesn't send the opponent into enough hitstun.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:00 pm
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next