The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:51 pm

[ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
Link 
BR Member

[TSON] wrote:
Bomb is a bug. You're going to have to work with other SSF2 players and figure out a way to get around boomerang, we can't nerf everything that's good just because some people find it annoying. Think a bit and you'll be able to adapt to it I promise.

Im not saying boomerang is broken its just really freagin annoying #salt. Only nerf i would like is if a powersheilded boomerang that hasnt hit gale yet wouldnt hit gale after the powershield, so i can reliably reflect boomerang if my timing is up instead of reflecting it, and then watching it go about 2 inches before turning right back around and accomplishing nothing.

Basically, having boomerang not change direction after the initial reflect would be great (like iirc official smash games), but thats just imo

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
Bomb is a bug. You're going to have to work with other SSF2 players and figure out a way to get around boomerang, we can't nerf everything that's good just because some people find it annoying. Think a bit and you'll be able to adapt to it I promise.

Im not saying boomerang is broken its just really freagin annoying #salt. Only nerf i would like is if a powersheilded boomerang that hasnt hit gale yet wouldnt hit gale after the powershield, so i can reliably reflect boomerang if my timing is up instead of reflecting it, and then watching it go about 2 inches before turning right back around and accomplishing nothing.

Basically, having boomerang not change direction after the initial reflect would be great (like iirc official smash games), but thats just imo

I don't find boomerang that annoying, you just have to get used to it. Jump over it, attack with a falling aerial, then shield the returning gale wind. Rinse and repeat. Of course this doesn't work 100% of the time, but it works a lot.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 pm
BR Member

Sorabotics wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
[TSON] wrote:

I don't find boomerang that annoying, you just have to get used to it. Jump over it, attack with a falling aerial, then shield the returning gale wind. Rinse and repeat. Of course this doesn't work 100% of the time, but it works a lot.

That works when they dont space the boomerang at all, otherwise they can intercept your airial, or if there isnt enough time for that simply shield and repsond. If link hits you at all then the gale is going to follow up for him. Plus, this is also dependant on the character's mobility, and also the character's strength depending on link's percentage. It is hardly a fool proof solution

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
It's only a Boomerang my friend, just main Fox or something if you wanna counter the Link MU....

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 am

MGN Username: sparty88
So Link definitely has his counters. And the boomerang doesn't make him good as much annoying. But in the history of smash games, this one included, has any other character had a move that literally wipes the majority of the map like his boomerang? I wouldn't mind seeing it toned down just on principle. It just bogs the game down and eliminates floaties from even being competitive. Like, I feel Fedora. He mains Kirbs and MK. Getting around that thing with those characters isn't worth the headache. I liked Link's old school boomerang because it was actually useful in technical combos. See Isai 64 videos. Just my opinion. It definitely looks cool and Link users are obviously digging it.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:56 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
EVERYONE like Isai combos, with any moves, with any character. That has nothing to do with Link's Boomerang. Boomerang can be shielded, dodged, rolled past, jumped over (which you can pretty easily do with MK at least, who I main), etc. I think a good adjustment for Link would be to increase the lag on his projectiles and zair but make them do more damage and knockback, decrease the effectiveness of his mediocre OoS options, and give him a better grab game but laggier grab. This would make him more focused on zoning out, but would give him a weakness against pressure, giving him a diverse MU spread and an interesting momentum-based playstyle.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
EVERYONE like Isai combos, with any moves, with any character. That has nothing to do with Link's Boomerang. Boomerang can be shielded, dodged, rolled past, jumped over (which you can pretty easily do with MK at least, who I main), etc. I think a good adjustment for Link would be to increase the lag on his projectiles and zair but make them do more damage and knockback, decrease the effectiveness of his mediocre OoS options, and give him a better grab game but laggier grab. This would make him more focused on zoning out, but would give him a weakness against pressure, giving him a diverse MU spread and an interesting momentum-based playstyle.

Well, seeing as the devs probably planned on making him better since the whole 0.8 incident, I think it's safe to say Link's good, but isn't grossly top tier or anything. He's probably around 7th, at best, in a high tier standard.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:32 pm

I swear if they change Link....

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
When using Kirby, it's a good idea to get Link's arrows if you can.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Keeping in mind that bombs poking shields is gonna be fixed, I'd say he's reasonable but not ridiculously good. Boomerang is really not as bad as everyone makes it sound. Shield/any dodge/holding up if you DO get hit reliably will make it do like 4% if it ever ends up hitting you.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Define bad. To me, campy/obnoxious is bad.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:17 pm

[TSON] wrote:
Keeping in mind that bombs poking shields is gonna be fixed, I'd say he's reasonable but not ridiculously good. Boomerang is really not as bad as everyone makes it sound. Shield/any dodge/holding up if you DO get hit reliably will make it do like 4% if it ever ends up hitting you.

Definitely right about that. Personally I never find it as a problem unless I get caught in it. Only thing that bugs me any more is Spin Attack.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:25 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I was gonna type this like a week ago but Link's boomerang really isn't op. First he throws it slow as a snail, then it takes like 3 seconds for the normal boomerang to travel, then it becomes gale.

If you really can't jump backwards or shield it you can spot or roll. It's not really anything special to call for a nerf.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:29 pm
YIM

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Shine! wrote:
I was gonna type this like a week ago but Link's boomerang really isn't op. First he throws it slow as a snail, then it takes like 3 seconds for the normal boomerang to travel, then it becomes gale.

If you really can't jump backwards or shield it you can spot or roll. It's not really anything special to call for a nerf.

Shuts down way too many approach options essential for some characters. Without approaches, Link's projectiles are broken.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:14 pm

TJM# wrote:
Shine! wrote:

Shuts down way too many approach options essential for some characters. Without approaches, Link's projectiles are broken.

Who exactly? Boomerang isn't as bad as some people though it to be. Perhaps I can help?

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:19 pm
 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next