The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Just played online for the first time!

The first time I was VS a link and I forgot to turn items off and it was pretty laggy. Alot of inputs were missed or unregistered and it was weird. I still won tho with 1 stock to spare.

The next one was with a ZSS and it was items off on FD. It was pretty intense cause it was like my first real match. I still won with all my stocks tho. So I was really happy about that. It was still somewhat laggy with some inputs missed n stuff. It was really fun.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Taliesin
Currently Playing: Final fantasy 13. Dragon quest 9
Shine! wrote:
Just played online for the first time!

The first time I was VS a link and I forgot to turn items off and it was pretty laggy. Alot of inputs were missed or unregistered and it was weird. I still won tho with 1 stock to spare.

The next one was with a ZSS and it was items off on FD. It was pretty intense cause it was like my first real match. I still won with all my stocks tho. So I was really happy about that. It was still somewhat laggy with some inputs missed n stuff. It was really fun.

When you can get it to work with minimal amounts of lag, Online matches are amazing! its way easier to trick humans with farore's wind than CPUS :smug:

Image Image SSF2 Mains : Ness, Blackmage, Zelda,
SSF2hopefuls: I don't know how about Black mage from Final Fantasy OH WAIT.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:13 am

Lol I had an idea, and J know I'm beating a dead horse.

Rather than just nerf FW why not just allow for telecanceling. Like why not let FW teleport faster, but deal less damage on both hitboxes.(4%)

Gounded FW allows Zelda to telecancel mid teleport. Telecancelling reduces endlag/landlag to 3 frames. This allows Zelda to maintain a unique movement option, and icrease her onstage mobility.

But using FW in the air means Zelda will always travel full distance, which means she'll have to reappear with lag.

Ok that's the last idea ever lol.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:51 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Wait, how does this help?

The problem with FW isn't damage, it's that it's impossible to cover all the options 95% of the time. How does adding a cancel help this out?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Shine wrote:

Rather than just nerf FW why not just allow for telecanceling. Like why not let FW teleport faster, but deal less damage on both hitboxes.(4%)

Gounded FW allows Zelda to telecancel mid teleport. Telecancelling reduces endlag/landlag to 3 frames. This allows Zelda to maintain a unique movement option, and icrease her onstage mobility.

But using FW in the air means Zelda will always travel full distance, which means she'll have to reappear with lag.

"hey guys let's hugely buff FW while nerfing none of the current problems with the move - it's balanced though because it does 4% less damage! :D"

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:08 pm
BR Member

It's like nerfing Rasengan by slightly increasing the charge time and making it kill at 30%.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:11 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
it's impossible to cover all the options 95% of the time (online)

You mean the all 3 of them?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Shine wrote:

So you basically want Smash 4 FW? I-I don't see this happening...

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:16 pm
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
it's impossible to cover all the options 95% of the time (online)

You mean the all 3 of them?

Yes.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Ok let me be more thorough with my ideas reasoning.

Jammy wrote:
Shine wrote:

"hey guys let's hugely buff FW while nerfing none of the current problems with the move - it's balanced though because it does 4% less damage! :D"

Actually one of the things you commonly complain about is FW being unpunishable.

Well
4%: means FW is always going to be on the lesser end of the priority scale.(I think SSF2 uses the %vs% priority rule) meaning players can hit Zelda out of FW on startup and reappearance. With the Teleport being faster so Zelda won't be auto punished for using FW. Also if you get hit with FW 4% is nothing.

Telecancelling: This is the only buff I wanted to add to FW. A buff to Zelda's ground mobility wouldn't be that bad would it? If players would be hit Zelda out of FW I don't see a problem.

FW as recovery: FW can't be telecancelled in the air, meaning Zelda will reappear with endlag. Meaning even on stages like ToS Zelda can be punished. A player could definitely cover all of Zelda's options.

So I'm not pitching "hey guys let's hugely buff FW while nerfing none of the current problems with the move - it's balanced though because it does 4% less damage! :D"
The idea is just to buff Zelda's ground mobility while nerfing her recovery.(which was getting nerfed anyway.)

Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:26 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Shine wrote:
Ok let me be more thorough with my ideas reasoning.

Actually one of the things you commonly complain about is FW being unpunishable.

Well
4%: means FW is always going to be on the lesser end of the priority scale.(I think SSF2 uses the %vs% priority rule) meaning players can hit Zelda out of FW on startup and reappearance. With the Teleport being faster so Zelda won't be auto punished for using FW. Also if you get hit with FW 4% is nothing.

Telecancelling: This is the only buff I wanted to add to FW. A buff to Zelda's ground mobility wouldn't be that bad would it? If players would be hit Zelda out of FW I don't see a problem.

FW as recovery: FW can't be telecancelled in the air, meaning Zelda will reappear with endlag. Meaning even on stages like ToS Zelda can be punished. A player could definitely cover all of Zelda's options.

So I'm not pitching "hey guys let's hugely buff FW while nerfing none of the current problems with the move - it's balanced though because it does 4% less damage! :D"
The idea is just to buff Zelda's ground mobility while nerfing her recovery.(which was getting nerfed anyway.)

very poor explanation to start with but this seems reasonable now that you elaborated. not that this is likely to influence the Beta anyway but yeah.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:40 am

Ok so like, I don't like challenging people or anything I find stuff like that to be awkward n stuff but.
I challenge Zalo to Zelda dittos!!
Lol I'm not trying to sound hype, I just wanna play Zelda dittos. :xd:

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 am
YIM

MGN Username: Drflash55
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 BETA, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waifu: I got none.
Getting used's to the range that Zelda teleports to, and you can pull off some pretty amazing stuff.

For example, I got hit with Shiek's FAir at 70% which almost KO'd me, but I was able to pull off a double jump, and with the correct distance, was able to frame perfect the edge (Edge sweet spot) which was a nice recovery on FD.

Pretty amazing stuff.

Last edited by Drflash55 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:55 am
BR Member

What do you mean by frame-edge?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:59 am

MGN Username: Drflash55
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 BETA, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waifu: I got none.
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What do you mean by frame-edge?

Re-edited it...

Meant to say I did a perfect frame on the edge, (Edge sweet spot) which means I grabbed the edge at the earliest possible moment.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:02 am
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next