The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 pm

[ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia III [Crew vs Space Pirates] 

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
vote: crabby

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
K. So here are my thoughts on everything so far...

Genis
You, good sir, are a (paranoid/insane) investigator. I actually feel the only reason you're still here is because of the commotion you stir with your "guilty" readings, which, so far, has only benefitted the mafia. The thing that is the most suspicious about you to me is the fact that you don't know your own state. This bothers me a little, but this could be someone else's role at work. (either Tid, or nooq)

Another thing. You claim to be a investigator, and everyone seems to believe you are paranoid. However, you've already had the perfect chance to either confirm yourself as paranoid or insane while getting information. If you had investigated nooq instead of wasting an investigation on me and getting an inaccurate guilty, it would have been clear as to whether you were paranoid or insane. Nooq earlier stated that he was a "miller" and would show up as mafia sided if investigated. Assuming nooq is telling the truth, investigating nooq and getting an innocent would imply insanity while getting a guilty would imply paranoia... Actually, even if nooq was lying and is actually a mafia member/jester, this will still clear up some of the uncertainty around your condition. Please investigate nooq this night so we can actually confirm whether you are insane or paranoid.

Eternal-flo
Eternal-flo is a little tricky. He hasn't really done much besides dangerously throw baseless votes around. No one knows much about him and he's kept it that way. However, I'm willing to bet he isn't mafia; he claimed quickly with a non-mafia like ability. Although this could have been a cover, I'm willing to bet Eternal is telling the truth, if only because he's a little...slow...and not very strategic. His constantly flawed logic with a supposed townie investigative role makes him less suspicious .

nooq
He's either jester or mafia; his "confirmed" jester status really keeps the votes off of him. This is why I think Genis should investigate him tonight to confirm his identity. nooq is really in the ideal situation right now, be he mafia or jester. There really isn't anything that disproves the "nooq-Tid" mafia theory, and there haven't been any attempts to disprove this by niether Tid nor nooq. (probably because they think if I get lynched, this theory will fall to the wayside) Mafia nooq is pretty likely though; the jester protection he was given has basically ensured his safety until Genis confirms or denies this.

Tid
Tid is suspicious to me. Tid is too safe right now, and actually started building up this safety and building trust with his frequent posts in the beginning of the game. There's also his suggestion of a random lynch that would really only benefit the mafia...

There is something DJ Wiz said that caught my attention.
Quote:
Tid does definitely not have an investigative role, because at this point he would have already used the information. He's either a godfather, recruiter or protective role. Probably not a protective role because doctors are valuable and he's being too offensive to want to keep himself extremely safe.

We don't know anything about Tid's role and it's pretty clear he doesn't plan on claiming. If what DJ Wiz said is true and Tid is a Godfather, Genis being insane wouldn't clear Tid. I actually don't think DJ Wiz was mafia, and both Tid and nooq were the major driving forces that caused him to be lynched.

Tid and nooq just seem too safe; both are protecting eath other with Tid pushing nooq as a jester and nooq continually voting for Tid. Everyone who's left right now has either done nothing (me, Eternal, and gold to an extent) or is beneficial to both Tid and nooq (Genis)

gold
You stopped the bandwagon that would have lynched me earlier. Because I'm a townie, Gold stopping the bandwagon to let everyone else gather their thoughts puts him in the clear for me. I'm not sure why he suspects me though :C

Anyways, your suspicious of me are a little...wrong...
I'm essentially being voted on solely because of past inactivity. You could lynch me but the town would be losing another member and their portal guy...

My vote right now goes to Tid.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 am

Yay for Bandwagoning!!! O.k. since I'm "slow" Iguess I'll just follow other peoples logic and Vote:Tid Bye bye Tid and see you in hell mafia person

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Eternal-flo wrote:
Yay for Bandwagoning!!! O.k. since I'm "slow" Iguess I'll just follow other peoples logic and Vote:Tid Bye bye Tid and see you in hell mafia person

Honestly, bandwagoning isn't good. We can't know for sure if crabby is mafia or not.

crabbyman66 wrote:
K. So here are my thoughts on everything so far...

Genis
You, good sir, are a (paranoid/insane) investigator. I actually feel the only reason you're still here is because of the commotion you stir with your "guilty" readings, which, so far, has only benefitted the mafia. The thing that is the most suspicious about you to me is the fact that you don't know your own state. This bothers me a little, but this could be someone else's role at work. (either Tid, or nooq)

Another thing. You claim to be a investigator, and everyone seems to believe you are paranoid. However, you've already had the perfect chance to either confirm yourself as paranoid or insane while getting information. If you had investigated nooq instead of wasting an investigation on me and getting an inaccurate guilty, it would have been clear as to whether you were paranoid or insane. Nooq earlier stated that he was a "miller" and would show up as mafia sided if investigated. Assuming nooq is telling the truth, investigating nooq and getting an innocent would imply insanity while getting a guilty would imply paranoia... Actually, even if nooq was lying and is actually a mafia member/jester, this will still clear up some of the uncertainty around your condition. Please investigate nooq this night so we can actually confirm whether you are insane or paranoid.

Eternal-flo
Eternal-flo is a little tricky. He hasn't really done much besides dangerously throw baseless votes around. No one knows much about him and he's kept it that way. However, I'm willing to bet he isn't mafia; he claimed quickly with a non-mafia like ability. Although this could have been a cover, I'm willing to bet Eternal is telling the truth, if only because he's a little...slow...and not very strategic. His constantly flawed logic with a supposed townie investigative role makes him less suspicious .

nooq
He's either jester or mafia; his "confirmed" jester status really keeps the votes off of him. This is why I think Genis should investigate him tonight to confirm his identity. nooq is really in the ideal situation right now, be he mafia or jester. There really isn't anything that disproves the "nooq-Tid" mafia theory, and there haven't been any attempts to disprove this by niether Tid nor nooq. (probably because they think if I get lynched, this theory will fall to the wayside) Mafia nooq is pretty likely though; the jester protection he was given has basically ensured his safety until Genis confirms or denies this.

Tid
Tid is suspicious to me. Tid is too safe right now, and actually started building up this safety and building trust with his frequent posts in the beginning of the game. There's also his suggestion of a random lynch that would really only benefit the mafia...

There is something DJ Wiz said that caught my attention.
Quote:
Tid does definitely not have an investigative role, because at this point he would have already used the information. He's either a godfather, recruiter or protective role. Probably not a protective role because doctors are valuable and he's being too offensive to want to keep himself extremely safe.

We don't know anything about Tid's role and it's pretty clear he doesn't plan on claiming. If what DJ Wiz said is true and Tid is a Godfather, Genis being insane wouldn't clear Tid. I actually don't think DJ Wiz was mafia, and both Tid and nooq were the major driving forces that caused him to be lynched.

Tid and nooq just seem too safe; both are protecting eath other with Tid pushing nooq as a jester and nooq continually voting for Tid. Everyone who's left right now has either done nothing (me, Eternal, and gold to an extent) or is beneficial to both Tid and nooq (Genis)

gold
You stopped the bandwagon that would have lynched me earlier. Because I'm a townie, Gold stopping the bandwagon to let everyone else gather their thoughts puts him in the clear for me. I'm not sure why he suspects me though :C

Anyways, your suspicious of me are a little...wrong...
I'm essentially being voted on solely because of past inactivity. You could lynch me but the town would be losing another member and their portal guy...

My vote right now goes to Tid.

Most likely nooq will either vote for Tid as well. If he doesn't, well, I guess you're right.
Your thoughts are good points, and I think now that I am helping nooq and Tid.
However, if I investigate nooq, and if he is really mafia, then the mafia will go for me.
Depending on the mafia's thoughts as of now, I am either their target or their fooled bait (if Tid and nooq are, really, mafia).

That said, I think you should claim your role. If would be really helpful at the moment.
Being crew won't help us; everyone has a special role. No one is, for sure, a regular crew member.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 pm

I've actually already claimed my role. pg.30

Quote:
Okay then. I work with PORTALS. (welll actually just warp stuff but w/e)

In other words, I'm pretty much a busdriver; if I target A and B, if someone targets A they will target B and vice versa. So yeah.

Tid suspiciously didn't claim when prompted to, pulling the "I have a cool role that you guys don't need to know about" card.

This is fine and dandy except for the fact that he's the only one pressing to keep roles hidden as well as the fact that it's day four with only six people left. Keep in mind that at this point in time, four of the six people have claimed. Because so many people have already claimed and the mafia has had three nights to gather clues on what the abilities of the townies may be, there's a good chance that the mafia may already know a good deal about our roles. Not claiming at this point in the game is a little suspicious...

And Genis, even if nooq votes for Tid, that doesn't necessarily clear him from being mafia.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
crabbyman66 wrote:
I've actually already claimed my role. pg.30

Quote:
Okay then. I work with PORTALS. (welll actually just warp stuff but w/e)

In other words, I'm pretty much a busdriver; if I target A and B, if someone targets A they will target B and vice versa. So yeah.

Tid suspiciously didn't claim when prompted to, pulling the "I have a cool role that you guys don't need to know about" card.

This is fine and dandy except for the fact that he's the only one pressing to keep roles hidden as well as the fact that it's day four with only six people left. Keep in mind that at this point in time, four of the six people have claimed. Because so many people have already claimed and the mafia has had three nights to gather clues on what the abilities of the townies may be, there's a good chance that the mafia may already know a good deal about our roles. Not claiming at this point in the game is a little suspicious...

And Genis, even if nooq votes for Tid, that doesn't necessarily clear him from being mafia.

I know, but if nooq does vote for Tid, and he doesn't resent from lynching Tid on the final vote, then it shows that Tid and nooq are on different sides.

I still won't vote for Tid until needed, but I can see your points.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I know bandwagonning is wrong but like crabby said I am slow and unstrategic. Also my logic is very flawed and I really can't tel what from what so I am always lost. But I do like this test between nooq and tid to see if they are mafia.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:48 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Oh for the love of god, I'll claim then. I didn't claim until now but there was a reason for that. I'm doc, and the mafia will kill me tonight now that everyone knows this. I played offensively because I WANTED everyone to come to that conclusion so that Maf wouldn't kill me off and I could remain useful to the town. Obviously like I said, this claim will get me killed tonight, but at least it (hopefully) means I won't get lynched, which would lead to two townie deaths by day 5. This is also why I've been getting very defensive whenever a lynch starts to be pointed in my direction.
But I guess it's too late now, I've had to claim to not get lynched. I won't be able to benefit town anymore when I get killed tonight, but now today's lynch won't get wasted on me. Eternal and War Crabby are my biggest FoSes. Eternal for constantly throwing out baseless claims and practically admitting that he wasn't really listening to other people's logic, and Crabby for reasons I feel like I've typed out several times now. Sorry Crabby, you seem to be playing fine now, but when War was in your place he was scumtelling quite a bit.
I'm going to leave my Vote: on Crabby for now, but I'm happy to switch to Eternal if it means progress.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 pm

...If you're the so-called doctor, why is shin, jdj now, dead? You'd think the doctor would protect the only 100% confirmed townie. If you're going to lie about your role, at least make it a better lie...

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm

With Shin I attempted WIFOMing. I assumed the Mafia wouldn't attempt a kill on the clear knowing that there was a protective role in the game, and that was totally my mistake and I apologize.
Who do you mean when you say jdj? People keep changing their usernames and I lose track a little.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 pm

With Shin I attempted WIFOMing. I assumed the Mafia wouldn't attempt a kill on the clear knowing that there was a protective role in the game, and that was totally my mistake and I apologize.
Who do you mean when you say jdj? People keep changing their usernames and I lose track a little.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Ugh I don't know why crabby? He really makes sense of things and seems to help the town alot. Plus remember, You have Genis and I(even though he hates me) to investigatew tonite I guess. Genis can see Nooq and I will inspect you. I'd have to say my Fos right now are Tid and Nooq, they are so protective of each other.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 am

For the same reasons we were all suspicious of War Panda not long ago. Different person in charge of the role but it's still the same role.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:53 am

Well it still doesn't mean anything.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 am

Tid wrote:
For the same reasons we were all suspicious of War Panda not long ago. Different person in charge of the role but it's still the same role.

That's not even true... The reason you guys are suspicious of me was because of inactivity in the beginning of the game.

Tid has a lot more going against him that seems to have slipped under the radar, and people that have brought this up are either dead or being suspected.

-Tid and nooq were the ring leaders in lynching [:](DJ Wiz) who was a threat to them and (imo) wasn't mafia. I don't think [:] was mafia because of all the information he was putting out was stuff anyone who searched the posts could have concluded. He was creating many possible scenarios that were dangerous to the mafia and showing himself as an excellent scum hunter, and what do nooq and Tid do? Convince the town to lynch him.

-shin, the confirmed town member, is dead but Tid claims to be the doctor. His reason as to why shin is dead: "I thought the mafia would leave shin alone so I protected a random guy that had a 1/3 chance of being mafia while leaving the confirmed townie completely vulnerable." Sounds exactly like what a doctor should do, right? I call bs on Tid's claim...

-Tid and nooq are protecting each other. nooq fakes jester so no one takes his accusations of Tid seriously. this puts Tid off the radar. Tid convinced everyone to take their votes off of nooq and helped to spread "the nooq is a jester" idea.

-The only people left right now are me, the Tid-sided community, and the easily swayed. hmm...

-The very first night, it was assumed that people can bump into each other in the hallways. Tid and Genis are in rooms next to Blitz, and Genis is in the clear.

I know I'm pushing this pretty hard, but I'm pretty convinced that Tid and nooq are our mafia.

Last edited by Crabby on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 am
 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next