The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

[ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Luigi 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
MaskofTruth wrote:
I feel as though if the first hit of DownB knocks people up (even with no or bad DI) that it is going to be jank. I'd say a balanced way for downB to not be jank but still fulfill its purpose would be simply to have little to no KB but large amounts of hitstun; meaning it would be a combo finisher and not something you can just throw up while they fall down. an example of such would be an old mario gfy of mine, https://gfycat.com/UnsteadyGratefulAmethystgemclam

I wouldn't think its easy to just get hit by to lead to death.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Just throwing out my 2cents. And trying to hope jank isn't added to such a hyped character.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:57 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
If the first hit of Luigi's two-hit Cyclone is easily DI-able, then there's little need to be worried if he's jank
But then again.
luigi has always been a jank character :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi:

Did anyone see how awesome Luigi's movement options are though?
JFC my KFC he got the slide, he got the Tornado, he got the crawl, he got everything.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
TheBeep41 wrote:
he got everything.

he doesn't have shine.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:48 am

doPe wrote:
TheBeep41 wrote:
he got everything.

he doesn't have shine.

shine sucks :P

@beep
Luigi is known for having poor movement due to always having poor mobility. He has fast attacks, but poor mobility.

Star killer is a technical player, so he is used to dash canceling to prevent the dashing stop animation from allowing the opponent to punish him, due to Luigi's low traction.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:09 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Luigi has great movement in Melee. What are you talking about?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:55 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:

No he doesn't, he only has wave dashing to help him due to his low traction. That's the only game where his low traction helps him.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:20 pm

MGN Username: Rossuizan
Luigi's mobility on the ground was pretty good (due to his wavedash). Aerial mobility however was poor.

But I agree, Luigi outside of Melee is known for having poor mobility.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:55 pm
BR Member

Lord doughnut wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

No he doesn't, he only has wave dashing to help him due to his low traction. That's the only game where his low traction helps him.

uhm.

low traction = long wavedashes, long wavelands, arguably the safest ledge dash in the game (hella long with 13 frames of invincibility), vudu-dashing. you make it seem like him "only having wave dashing" isn't that much, when in reality, its because of those wavedashes and low traction that gives him one of the best grounded movement in melee.

yeah his aerial mobility is piss but that doesn't negate the fact that he's one slippery f*** with great movement options.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:58 pm

doPe wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

uhm.

low traction = long wavedashes, long wavelands, arguably the safest ledge dash in the game (hella long with 13 frames of invincibility), vudu-dashing. you make it seem like him "only having wave dashing" isn't that much, when in reality, its because of those wavedashes and low traction that gives him one of the best grounded movement in melee.

yeah his aerial mobility is piss but that doesn't negate the fact that he's one slippery f*** with great movement options.

Umm you just said what I was saying, his low traction in Melee is what gives him his ground movement options and that's it.

Air and normal ground mobility are terrible so he mainly has to rely on wave dashing.

Take it away and what does he have left?

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:12 pm
BR Member

Lord doughnut wrote:
Umm you just said what I was saying, his low traction in Melee is what gives him his ground movement options and that's it.

Air and normal ground mobility are terrible so he mainly has to rely on wave dashing.

Yes, regular mobility on the air and ground are s***. yes, he does have to rely on wave dashing.

HOWEVER, that doesn't make his mobility bad. Like you said, his low traction gives him ground movement options. But you're underestimating the effectiveness and strengths of those movement options. His wavedashes can vary and cover huge amounts of ground (a perfect wavedash can cover about 3/4 of battlefield in a short time). With good wavelands and wavedashes you can potentially have better maneuverability than even fox/falcon.

also, how does taking it away help your argument at all? the point of my post was to demonstrate that you were underestimating luigi's mobility and movement because you don't recognize how good his low traction really is in terms of movement, and now you want to take it away and ignore it for the sake of argument? lol im done.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
doPe wrote:
TheBeep41 wrote:
he got everything.

he doesn't have shine.

shine sucks :P

@beep
Luigi is known for having poor movement due to always having poor mobility. He has fast attacks, but poor mobility.

Star killer is a technical player, so he is used to dash canceling to prevent the dashing stop animation from allowing the opponent to punish him, due to Luigi's low traction.

Luigi is known for have really good mobility..His Wavedash goes half of FD, and downb goes pretty far too, the only thing poor about his mobility is his recovery

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:29 pm

doPe wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Yes, regular mobility on the air and ground are s***. yes, he does have to rely on wave dashing.

HOWEVER, that doesn't make his mobility bad. Like you said, his low traction gives him ground movement options. But you're underestimating the effectiveness and strengths of those movement options. His wavedashes can vary and cover huge amounts of ground (a perfect wavedash can cover about 3/4 of battlefield in a short time). With good wavelands and wavedashes you can potentially have better maneuverability than even fox/falcon.

also, how does taking it away help your argument at all? the point of my post was to demonstrate that you were underestimating luigi's mobility and movement because you don't recognize how good his low traction really is in terms of movement, and now you want to take it away and ignore it for the sake of argument? lol im done.

Ummm let's see, the point of my post was to state that Luigi's mobility isn't that great.

You guys just started talking about Melee and saying, oh Luigi has wave dashing, oh he has great ground mobility options in THAT GAME. I am not looking at just his wave dash like you guys are, I am looking at his attributes as a whole which you are not getting. Luigi has to rely on his wavedash in Melee to be played at high level, I know that, I play him.

Taking it away is apart of my argument and reinforces it. I am focusing on ALL the games, not just MELEE like you and code are. Tell me, how is Luigi's movement options in Smash 64, Brawl and Smash 4? Are they great, are they amazing? I don't hear about that in those games. Also if you are done, bye.

@ageis
You're just restating what has already been said.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
doPe wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Ummm let's see, the point of my post was to state that Luigi's mobility isn't that great.

You guys just started talking about Melee and saying, oh Luigi has wave dashing, oh he has great ground mobility options in THAT GAME. I am not looking at just his wave dash like you guys are, I am like at his attributes as a whole which you are not getting. Luigi has to rely on his wavedash in Melee to be played at high level, I know that, I play him.

Taking it away is apart of my argument and reinforces it. I am focusing on ALL the games, not just MELEE like you and code are. Tell me, how is Luigi's movement options in Smash 64, Brawl and Smash 4? Are they great, are they amazing? I don't hear about that in those games. Also if you are done, bye.

@ageis
You're just restating what has already been said.

Okay you very clearly do not understand what mobility is, "You guys just started talking about Melee and saying, oh Luigi has wave dashing, oh he has great ground mobility options in THAT GAME" I also told you that downb literally makes him fly across the stage, on top of that, he his run speed isnt even bad, along with his air movement are most definitely not slow. Also having such slippery movement, literally makes you move further, how can a character with that atrribute possibly have bad mobility. Also my name is Aegis, get it right. This is why I don't visit the forums, its just random players spouting random nonsense that pops up into their minds at any given time, smh. Next I'll probably read that Link's recovery is bad.
Also when your making an argument, don't get your arguments from someone else : http://www.ssbwiki.com/Luigi_(SSB4 > https://gyazo.com/5dcbaa741a0f00eefee196af6a3d0c8b

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:22 pm
BR Member

oh my f*** gosh.

I am aware of his attributes. Yes, I know his regular mobility in the air and on the ground is bad. Really bad. HOWEVER, if you actually understood the point im trying to make, I'm trying to say that BECAUSE his wavedashes and low traction is really really really good (and aegis also stated luigi's down+b, also helping my point), it makes up for his other bad attributes in terms of mobility. Luigi has great movement because his low traction offers him great speed and many movement options, even if his other mobility attributes are poor. I am not ignoring his other attributes. If you actually read my posts you'd see that I even acknowledge it.

Lord doughnut wrote:
You guys just started talking about Melee and saying, oh Luigi has wave dashing, oh he has great ground mobility options in THAT GAME. I am not looking at just his wave dash like you guys are, I am like at his attributes as a whole which you are not getting. Luigi has to rely on his wavedash in Melee to be played at high level, I know that, I play him.

??????????????? You replied to TCS' post about MELEE Luigi, not sm4sh luigi or brawl luigi or 64 luigi. So why would the other iterations of Luigi even be relevant in this conversation? TCS made a post referring to Melee Luigi, and I'm gonna assume if you have half a brain (which I dont even know if you do at this point) that your response was about Melee Luigi. So no s*** I'm gonna only focus on Melee Luigi in my responses.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:29 pm
 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next