The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:12 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Closer to the Heavens: The Journey East 

Currently Playing: The Game
It's honestly up to you. This whole thing is basically an East Asia melting pot if you couldn't tell.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:51 am

Waifu: I'm married
(assuming we can expand upon the character sheet otherwise this would be difficult to explain, i whipped up a bio but there isn't much detail re: i have no idea what happened in this the first time 'round)

(also whoah s*** wall of text incoming)

Name:Dekasamechin Sourou ( i am ungood at japanamese)

bio: Sourou's parents were some of the top money-makers in an elite, "anything goes" mercenary squad who would have no problem being hired to butcher their previous client. As the members got older and their services became less premium, they decided to retire and form a small countryside village to enjoy their fortunes in peace. The two of them married and Sourou was their only child. Having slaughtered more than their fair share of villages, they gave their son informal training in swordsmanship, which he excelled in, however their efforts were hindered due to his interest in tinkering and the sciences. After his coming-of-age ceremony, he left his home and family on good terms to find his own place in life. Since then, he's made a modest name for himself by completing bounty contracts for local law officials. He's a natural tactician whose urge to constantly learn and experiment borders on obsession. His self-taught knowledge of plants and herbs, crafting, alchemy, and medicine rivals that of a gifted apprentice or student. While traveling, he collects odd weapons and useful items as a sort of "hobby" and incorporates them into his fighting repertoire, along with his own personal creations. With his talent for crafting, he's able to quickly identify the strengths of different tools and take advantage of them.

Combat Style/Weapon: Sourou uses no formal fighting style or permanent weapons. Instead, he uses a mixed toolbox of bizarre, tricky weapons to confuse, disarm, or otherwise rapidly dispatch opponents. He is extremely agile and cleverly uses his speed and weapons to outwit foes.

Dagger - Your average iron dagger. Sourou has a bad habit of throwing these at enemies.

Tekagi-shuko (x2) - These homemade weapons are favored by Sourou for their deadliness and concealability. They consist of two metal plates, one attached to lower palm, and a larger one, which is covered in small spike-like protrusions, attached to the wrist and forearm, with a leather band to hold them together. While the main function of the spikes is offense, they can also be used to catch weapons, effectively disarming opponents and leaving them open for retaliation with the other hand.

Neko-te (x2) - Another one of Sourou's concealable weapons. The Neko-te are contraptions which fit over the hand similar to gloves, with pins along the back similar to the tekagi-shuko and long, bladed fingers similar to claws.

Steel Chakram (x5) - A sharp, circular throwing weapon which can be quickly aimed and thrown accurately.
Chain whip - A series of conjoined metal rods tipped with a dart on one end and a wooden handle on the other. Like most of Sourou's weapons, it can be concealed and used easily.

Present Appearance: Sourou wears a long, black hooded cloak over his tall frame and shoulder-length black hair. The cloak itself is fairly nondescript, however it's been modified to help conceal Sourou's weapons, mostly with a secret sleeve compartment where the neko-te are often stored. The whip and chakrams are stored in a pair of hidden pockets on each side of the cloak which can be easily accessed during battle. At his waist he carries a small sheath for his dagger, as well as a knapsack, water jug, and eating tin. Inside the knapsack are parts of many dissembled weapons, herbs, and a small kit for treating wounds.

Why your character is accompanying the caravan east: idk you said you would write us in or something right

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 am
YIM WWW

I'll let you in soon enough KP. Bonus points for cat hands.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:50 am
Site Moderator

Name: Yoichi
Combat Style/Weapon: No specific combat style, at present he carries only a dagger.

Present Appearance: Yoichi sports long hair tied back multiple times by ribbon like material into a knot positioned on the back of his head. Unlike a traditional top knot the rest of his hair is kept at a normal length, meaning his bangs and all the hair situated around the knot is kept long. His hair itself is an unusual white gray, something Yoichi attributes to 'age'. The clothing he dons is also of simple nature. He wears a gi like dark blue tunic and long gray billow-out trousers, over top of this he wears a pink kimono-esque robe that flows completely-open to his ankles. Yoichi's eyes are of a light blue nature(His hair and eye color have been able to deceive the uneducated into viewing him as an albino though this is not the case) and his over-all face can be described as handsome yet slightly feminine. The rest of his body follows suit with his face, though he does bare a seemingly hidden muscle structure in his body, throwing off, ever so slightly, the overall feminine design.

Why your character is accompanying the caravan east: Yoichi, at present, could be best described as a drifter, thief, or gangster, all of which is work that requires movement.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Alright you're in. Take a seat, I'm working on adding you too.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:38 am
Site Moderator

Name: Akatare Takumi (Family>Given)
Combat Style/Weapon: A more "on the field" type of person, Takumi mainly uses just about anything he can find instead of simply lugging a weapon around. This isn't to say he's unskilled without them; If it comes to that, he'll use his hands and legs, emphasizing killing blows. Although he attempts to not carry any concealed weapons, he can't help but hold two suntetsu in his sleeves, for covert stabbings and such.
Present Appearance: It would be hard to say anything about him that's unique. He's of average height and build, with common knotted black hair and brown eyes to go with it. His kimono is dark blue, with his footwear being straw sandals. The only other thing of note is the rice hat he wears, and a bag carried with some supplies while traveling.
Why your character is accompanying the caravan east: A hired killer, Takumi didn't exactly grew tired of it; But he enjoyed tending the garden of some family that didn't stand out too much. However, this particular assignment was of interest. Namely that the contractor took steps to actually find him during one of his "breaks", and even giving him the full amount of money beforehand. Seeing as the man had done so much just for this, he set out, only looking at the location given, some place in the east.

As for the target, pick whoever you'd like.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am

Green Mage wrote:
Name: Akatare Takumi (Family>Given)
Combat Style/Weapon: A more "on the field" type of person, Takumi mainly uses just about anything he can find instead of simply lugging a weapon around. This isn't to say he's unskilled without them; If it comes to that, he'll use his hands and legs, emphasizing killing blows. Although he attempts to not carry any concealed weapons, he can't help but hold two suntetsu in his sleeves, for covert stabbings and such.
Present Appearance: It would be hard to say anything about him that's unique. He's of average height and build, with common knotted black hair and brown eyes to go with it. His kimono is dark blue, with his footwear being straw sandals. The only other thing of note is the rice hat he wears, and a bag carried with some supplies while traveling.
Why your character is accompanying the caravan east: A hired killer, Takumi didn't exactly grew tired of it; But he enjoyed tending the garden of some family that didn't stand out too much. However, this particular assignment was of interest. Namely that the contractor took steps to actually find him during one of his "breaks", and even giving him the full amount of money beforehand. Seeing as the man had done so much just for this, he set out, only looking at the location given, some place in the east.

As for the target, pick whoever you'd like.

It's going to take a while to integrate you, you know that right Green?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 am
Site Moderator

I can wait

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
tell me when i can post something constructive at all

Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Whimzer wrote:

When we finish killing you.

Oh, wait...

Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm

oh wow i didn't know that s*** was happening because i was too busy which actual things to actually trawl through useless things written that didn't have anything to do with me

oh well i didn't really like where this rp was going
too much jap names and this was one of those rps where i felt no one payed attention to anything my character did so i was a burden to the story
(ps: ↓
psss: ↓
psssss: i usually leave those)

though it was really funny one time i used this super powered sausage and i was like "yo bros take me seriously" and i was ignored so i walked off in the distance all cool like

Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Whimzer wrote:
oh wow i didn't know that s*** was happening because i was too busy which actual things to actually trawl through useless things written that didn't have anything to do with me

oh well i didn't really like where this rp was going
too much jap names and this was one of those rps where i felt no one payed attention to anything my character did so i was a burden to the story
(ps: ↓
psss: ↓
psssss: i usually leave those)

though it was really funny one time i used this super powered sausage and i was like "yo bros take me seriously" and i was ignored so i walked off in the distance all cool like

I don't know why but that made me laugh.

Like, really, I don't even know how.

Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Whimzer wrote:

Maybe you could start by fighting your inner demons? I'd think a possession would be a great excuse for a battle in the centre of your mind but I guess I can't expect much of you and Ichigo in that regard.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:10 am

Just kill my character off

I feel useless and out of place so there's not much my character can do

Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Waifu: I'm married
wasn't your dude like on fire or something where were we going with that

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next