The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

y'all need to play 9/10

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Lucina wrote:
y'all need to play 9/10

For the American FEs, 7 > 9 > 13 > 8 > 10 > 11
9 is good, yes, but 7 is the best.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Lulu wrote:
Lucina wrote:
y'all need to play 9/10

I don't have a clue what this means

Why is it that the Fire Emblem fanbase refers to the games by number when they have

you know

actual titles

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Nextoy wrote:
King Kyuubit wrote:
If you don't know enough about the game to be asking that question, you shouldn't be LPing it.

Hey, when I put up the poll I blatantly said it would be a blind LP. They wanted it anyways, so that's what I'm giving to them.

Then why are you asking questions about the game? If you know about s*** like that beforehand, it's not a very blind LP, is it?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

TerminX wrote:
Lulu wrote:
Lucina wrote:
y'all need to play 9/10

Why is it that the Fire Emblem fanbase refers to the games by number when they have

you know

actual titles

Because I don't want to have to write the entire titles when I could just use numbers?

Besides, it isn't like no one uses the titles, they just use numbers for convenience.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm

King Kyuubit wrote:
Nextoy wrote:
King Kyuubit wrote:
If you don't know enough about the game to be asking that question, you shouldn't be LPing it.

Hey, when I put up the poll I blatantly said it would be a blind LP. They wanted it anyways, so that's what I'm giving to them.

Then why are you asking questions about the game? If you know about s*** like that beforehand, it's not a very blind LP, is it?

Because I'm not asking who the characters are and just which names to look out for.

That and I don't like being completely blind, so I'm cheating. And I'm cool with that.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm
Site Moderator

Lucina wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Lulu wrote:
Lucina wrote:
y'all need to play 9/10

you know

actual titles

Because I don't want to have to write the entire titles when I could just use numbers?

Besides, it isn't like no one uses the titles, they just use numbers for convenience.

Watch this

FE > PoR > A > SS > RD > SD

that's 200% easier to read and just as fast

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm

And some people do that.

You're making it seem like everyone uses numbers.
It's personal preference and nothing more, so just drop it

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
More people use numbers, it's easier to use and most people who do 2 minutes of research find it superior.

Also, Ew FE7 being good.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 pm

TerminX wrote:
Watch this

FE > PoR > A > SS > RD > SD

that's 200% easier to read and just as fast

Except instead the first one would be BS, not FE, which would confuse you even more.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 pm
Site Moderator

talesoffan wrote:
Also, Ew FE7 being good.

At least it was better than 6 with same turn reinforcements, hard to raise a few spear characters since the beginning was axe country, and Roy was terrible because super late promotions (granted he did get the SoS which was super powerful.).

Also "lol kill your allies for sidequests" Shadow Dragon.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 pm

So, new update for the week came today.

You get Genealogy of the Holy War's very own Sigurd as a level 20 paladin in the bonus team section in Wireless.

Other new things include Astra (a bow with the ability of the same name), and Smash Brethren 2, a new dlc that partners you up with the heroes of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn against the forces of Sacred Stones and Binding Blade.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 pm
Site Moderator

Hey I'm playing Fire Emblem

Am I wrong or are a lot of the early game units kind of useless? Moulder is immediately made obsolete by the healer whose name eludes me currently, Vanessa, Ross and Garcia are pretty bad in general, and I really want to use Colm but he's just so weak compared to my other units.

At any rate I'm really favoring Ephraim, Joshua and Lute currently. Just got to the Eirika/Ephraim split

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:31 pm
Site Moderator

And you get access to the Bride class, so make those waifus today! Weird that Eirika doesn't use swords, but eh.

TerminX wrote:
Hey I'm playing Fire Emblem

Am I wrong or are a lot of the early game units kind of useless? Moulder is immediately made obsolete by the healer whose name eludes me currently, Vanessa, Ross and Garcia are pretty bad in general, and I really want to use Colm but he's just so weak compared to my other units.

At any rate I'm really favoring Ephraim, Joshua and Lute currently. Just got to the Eirika/Ephraim split

Eh kinda depends, is it their base stats or just level ups? If the latter, that's how FE can go sometimes, terrible units can somehow get good ones, and vice versa.

Ross is a trainee class (there's two more) so he's pretty weak. However he basically can level up more than other characters, so you can train him more if you'd like. Colm is just a thief so he's pretty much only good for just opening doors/chests I guess.

There's not THAT much of a difference in the story split. However, Eirika does have a certain plot point that isn't revealed at all in Ephraim's story (until the end) and Ephraim's is slightly harder (well it has the dreaded ghost ship chapter) although it also makes the villain a tad more interesting. Other than that, you can still get everything and it combines at a certain point (it still follows the lord you picked though)

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:39 pm
Site Moderator

Nott A. Bot wrote:
Eh kinda depends, is it their base stats or just level ups? If the latter, that's how FE can go sometimes, terrible units can somehow get good ones, and vice versa.

Ross is a trainee class (there's two more) so he's pretty weak. However he basically can level up more than other characters, so you can train him more if you'd like. Colm is just a thief so he's pretty much only good for just opening doors/chests I guess.

There's not THAT much of a difference in the story split. However, Eirika does have a certain plot point that isn't revealed at all in Ephraim's story (until the end) and Ephraim's is slightly harder (well it has the dreaded ghost ship chapter) although it also makes the villain a tad more interesting. Other than that, you can still get everything and it combines at a certain point (it still follows the lord you picked though)

I meant as they were in my current game, ie base + levels. They're doing pretty poorly. Could just be Fire Emblem though, I guess. Everybody has a pretty significant weakness right now so it's probably just the early game.

Quote:
Ephraim's is slightly harder (well it has the dreaded ghost ship chapter)
well f***

I was hoping though that I'd have to play both sides, possibly simultaneously or one after the other. I guess this means I have to restart after I finish if I want to play Eirika's chapters, huh? That's pretty lame.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next