The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

[ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 45  Next
MG Mafia XIX: Dota 2 Mafia - GG 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I'm really sorry about this, but better say this now rather than later.

@MOD: I will be V/LA across the next two days while I try to get some work done, thanks.

Once again, apologies, but I feel that this is necessary now. If there's any minor thing you want me to comment on just say so but I won't have time/access to post any big things.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:46 pm

You will now read my reads.

Reads by Franziska: show
Dephius - You're one to talk about rolefishing, pal. I find your replying to Brikanorak's posts multiple times a little strange, but this Dephius seems a little less in control of the arguments than in the last game; although, he is arguing with Brikanorak this time around. Null

RG4L | Champ - Not much to say besides the above-mentioned parroting; however, if I remember correctly, he did more of this in Mafia 17 when he was mafia. In Mafia 18 when he was town, this parroting was almost non-existent. Null leaning scum

Terra - Berry active and does things like making reads lists and vote counts. Of course, scum can also do the same. Null

Franziska - 4 is a very unlucky number in Japan as one of the words for it can also mean "die", so I hope that doesn't mean I die early again...

Dr.Geno - Only post worth reading states his belief that Brikanorak is town and is proactive. His inactivity isn't super suspicious after last game's inactivity, but I definitely would like to see more content from Dr.Geno. Extremely null

Kyuubit Level Three - I agree that it's hard to tell which way this guy goes, but in my opinion, he isn't involved as much as in the last game, where he was mafia, but also makes good points. Null leaning town

Brikanorak - Is on one end of the spectrum where the belief is that the theme holds no bearings on who is mafia. Very involved in most if not all topics discussed so far and many people list him as town. That actually has me slightly worried, since mafia can easily win if they've got most of the town behind them. Null leaning town

Nixter - I found that post suspicious, but at least you admitted that it was a mistake and I think you handled the pressure decently; however, you should consistently use proper punctuation and capitalization so I can take your posts seriously. Null

Genis - Even though I'm usually the player posting the random questions I've found that the RQS is not generally liked, not just here, but in other mafia communities as well, and I can see why. And his post about the 3P seems somehow fishy to me. Null leaning scum

King Arthur - Has made several posts, but hasn't really contributed much to the game. Null

Thomas Terminator - Is on the other end of the spectrum where the belief is that the theme greatly affects who is mafia. Personally, I do think you are focusing on the theme too much. You should try to scumhunt or something. Null

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Ugh I'm sorry I went straight to sleep yesterday when I got in because I was really tired and I've just woke up

Reads will come after I've had breakfast and some time to read through the game

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Sorry. No excuses .me I haven't been doing anything important, I'll get those reads up ASAP.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Terra wrote:
@Brik: I've been making cases on people(albeit short, with the exception of the Dephius one and the Nixter one coming soon), stating my views on people quite clearly and regularly, and trying to pressure my scumreads and/or change my views on them, while trying to get other people to do the same thing.
My issue is that your cases are inconsequential. I have yet to see anyone feel any real pressure from being accused by you. This is because you have yet to follow up on anything. Saying "hey this guy might be scum" and waiting for someone else to tag in and fight the battle for you is a scum thing to do. I have yet to see a scum-hunting action from you that goes beyond a non-incriminating "case".

Terra wrote:
I've asked a lot of questions, trying vainly to get information about other people. While my most recent posts has mostly been analysis, you can't really say that I haven't been contributing.
That's my biggest issue. You're contributing, but little to none of what you post seems to have any aggressive thought put into it. You're playing very safely and I don't like to see that. I'm not saying this because of your meta, don't get me wrong. Anyone who is as active as you are while maintaining this level of passivety should raise a red flag.

Terra wrote:
If you want to consider that by comparison I've contributed less than you, there are many other people who have not been posting at all and could be scum just making excuses to escape(namely Genis, Champ, Arthur, Thomas). At the very least, I've been analysing, staying active, and trying to get other people to do the same while following my own advice.
This makes me sad, because it's a poor attempt at diversion of attention. My beef is that you have been posting, but I still don't feel like I've seen proactive town action from you. Anyone can point to an inactive player and say "they might be scum making an excuse to escape". The issue is that no mafioso is going to have the guts to lead a mislynch based on that alone, and no townie will consider that a valid reasons to eliminate someone either. Ultimately, that makes your pointing out these players' inactivity, well, pointless, because you aren't actually going to do anything about it. If you think these people are scum, why aren't you leading a wagon on them?

Terra wrote:
Brik, could you please give me a post where I haven't said at least something minor that helped me further my analysis. You definitely want the best for the town, but I think you're off-track, and I'm not sure how little I have contributed in other people's eyes.
It doesn't matter how much other people think you've contributed. No, scratch that. It matters a great deal, because I think many who are listing you as a town read are doing so without valid reason. I can't list a single post because you've done a pretty good job of making sure that there is at least a little something in each one that "helps you further your analysis". Problem is, that's an extremely vague and subjective criterion that doesn't provide any indication of whether you're actually helping the town or not.

One other thing. You had a town read on Kyuubit very early on. When asked about it, how said that it was because he refuted setup speculation. Why does this simple act make him town?

Dephius wrote:
Sorry for the delay:

Speculating on the third-party probably would have led to a natural discussion about roles, drawing out mafia who might be eager to rolefish, like in All-Stars. It would also have led to discussion about possible Serial Killers or Survivors which might have been useful to know, since an SK's actions would look very different to a Survivor's and so it would be easier to look for their possible actions.
Ok, there's a problem with this. You say that it would be "useful to know" if there were a serial killer or a survivor in the game. I agree, but I have a question. How does setup speculation allow us to "know" anything?

Question for Nixter:
Nixter wrote:
oh Brik was trying to see who would get on the wagon, like a carrot to catch a rabbit

that's actually pretty smart

Brik seems pretty town to me in that respect, then

If you didn't think anyone was going to fall for it, then why did you say that this strategy was smart?

Brik Presents: Reads without reasoning (AKA Gut feelings)
Townish pool: Franziska.
Nullish town pool:
Nullish null pool: Kyuubit, Genis, Nixter.
Nullish scum pool: Champ.
Scumish pool: Dephius, Terra.
POST MORE (CONTENT) PLEASE POOL: Dr. Geno, King Arthur, Thomas.

@MOD: Can you consider replacing Dr. Geno, please?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I'll give him another prod, but if he's still inactive after that, I'll replace him.

AMA

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:27 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I'm not inactive, i'm following the game. Calm down, i'll organize a large post today.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:32 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Brikanorak wrote:
Question for Nixter:
Nixter wrote:
oh Brik was trying to see who would get on the wagon, like a carrot to catch a rabbit

that's actually pretty smart

Brik seems pretty town to me in that respect, then

If you didn't think anyone was going to fall for it, then why did you say that this strategy was smart?

I said smart in regards to admiration of the thought more so than actual practicality.

Like communism.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:43 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Going over the topic. I'll have reads for you all soon.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:41 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
I'm looking forward to all the reads. Please post them soon.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Just a reminder and piece of advice: The deadline is January 18th, so please don't say you'll make a reads then stall until it's close to the deadline.

There are only like 7 pages to look over, anyway.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Currently Playing: baseball.
Geno plz make a legit post or let somebody who will take your spot.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
School+Two days of not working on this=A sorry me.

Please don't kill me while I make you wait a day longer.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:29 am

requesting replacement

sorry, double sorry and triple sorry

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Please don't die, game.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm
 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 45  Next