The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:04 pm

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Verbal Flash 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Because designing characters is so much fun.

Naruto: show
Rasengan - Close range only. ⅕ chance to hit, deals 25% damage. On hit, sets range to far.

Charge Rasengan - Grants a +Full Rasengan Charge+ providing Naruto is not hit this turn. Opponent’s attacks are twice as likely to hit while Naruto is using this move.

Rasenshuriken - Usable only if in possession of a +Full Rasengan Charge+. At close range, has a ½ chance of hitting, deals 75% damage and sets range to far. At long range, has a ⅓ chance to hit and deals 50% damage.

Shadow Clone Throw - Long range only. ⅓ chance to hit, deals 10%. On hit, sets range to close.

Shadow Clone Summon - All ranges. ¼ chance to hit, deals 20%.

Rising Kunai Slash -
Close range: ¼ chance to hit, deals 20%. On hit, player has the option of using a second hit. Second hit has a 1/2 chance to hit, deals 10% and sets range to far.
Long range: 0/1 chance to hit, opponent attacks are twice as likely to connect this turn.

At either range, using Rising Kunai Slash will set a +Shadow Clone Trap+. For the next 3 turns, the +Shadow Clone Trap+ has a ⅓ chance to intercept any close range attacks used against Naruto. If successful, the attacking character is stunned, unable to act for 1 turn.
Comment, critique, etc.

Some comments on the game structure. First off, I think this game could actually work if it was designed in a manner similar to Pokémon and/or Kongai. Simple yet deep movesets with proper synergie between attacks, double-blind actions, effective ranges, attack speeds to determine who hits first if both characters are successful, blocking and tools to punish predicted blocks, etc. If you are interested in creating something that works, you should take a look at both of those games to see what makes them tick. (All of the things in that list are taken from Kongai, which is the only one of the two that I have experience with. Even if you only looked at that, it would help a great deal.)

Second, the chances of actually hitting the opponent with anything seem absurdly low. Attacks with low success rates are all well and good, but if the entire game is like that matches will be long and drawn out for no other reason than people not being able to hit each other. As it stands, no attack has better than a 50% chance of success. You may want to look into changing that.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
Densetsu wrote:
I wanna be Ness.

Well, we gotta test so you wanna play ness in the test matc?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Brikmaninoff wrote:
Because designing characters is so much fun.

Naruto: show
Rasengan - Close range only. ⅕ chance to hit, deals 25% damage. On hit, sets range to far.

Charge Rasengan - Grants a +Full Rasengan Charge+ providing Naruto is not hit this turn. Opponent’s attacks are twice as likely to hit while Naruto is using this move.

Rasenshuriken - Usable only if in possession of a +Full Rasengan Charge+. At close range, has a ½ chance of hitting, deals 75% damage and sets range to far. At long range, has a ⅓ chance to hit and deals 50% damage.

Shadow Clone Throw - Long range only. ⅓ chance to hit, deals 10%. On hit, sets range to close.

Shadow Clone Summon - All ranges. ¼ chance to hit, deals 20%.

Rising Kunai Slash -
Close range: ¼ chance to hit, deals 20%. On hit, player has the option of using a second hit. Second hit has a 1/2 chance to hit, deals 10% and sets range to far.
Long range: 0/1 chance to hit, opponent attacks are twice as likely to connect this turn.

At either range, using Rising Kunai Slash will set a +Shadow Clone Trap+. For the next 3 turns, the +Shadow Clone Trap+ has a ⅓ chance to intercept any close range attacks used against Naruto. If successful, the attacking character is stunned, unable to act for 1 turn.
Comment, critique, etc.

Some comments on the game structure. First off, I think this game could actually work if it was designed in a manner similar to Pokémon and/or Kongai. Simple yet deep movesets with proper synergie between attacks, double-blind actions, effective ranges, attack speeds to determine who hits first if both characters are successful, blocking and tools to punish predicted blocks, etc. If you are interested in creating something that works, you should take a look at both of those games to see what makes them tick. (All of the things in that list are taken from Kongai, which is the only one of the two that I have experience with. Even if you only looked at that, it would help a great deal.)

Second, the chances of actually hitting the opponent with anything seem absurdly low. Attacks with low success rates are all well and good, but if the entire game is like that matches will be long and drawn out for no other reason than people not being able to hit each other. As it stands, no attack has better than a 50% chance of success. You may want to look into changing that.

Brik the game will be improved and updated soon. Soon items and stages will be added and new effects.
Thanks for a Naruto, but there aren't "ranges" yet.
Thy come later.
If you want to do Goku, he's all yours.
And we need to play a few matches before other features will be added.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

We have our test players!

The team order will be this:

keybladewielder
Densetsu

194 take your turn now.

Do not post if you aren't playing.

Start by telling who you attacking and your chisen attack.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'd like to start using a Raptor Boost in Densetsu.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Attack success.
10% to Densetsu.

Thundaga on Densetsu.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Attack failed. No damage.

And if they not gonna attack we can chat.
They ain't online right now.

And BTW, you can post movesets if you ain't playing but nothin else.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 pm
SSF2 Developer

Tip: Try to make sure the characters are balanced. That is, they are roughly as strong as each other.

That said, I would like to Uppercut keybladewielder. Sorry :(

Also, really like Brik's post. His Naruto design is cool, and I appreciate how cool he made my main character. I also agree with the majority of his suggestions.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Attack failed. no damage.
Sorry.
Densetsu it is your turn.

An man I'm upset...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
If Brik's suggestions get implemented then I'm totally joining this.

Falco:
Laser Blasts: 6/7 chance of hitting. Does 10%. 1/4 chance of skipping opponent's next turn. (Long range only)
Phantasm: Once used, Falco has a 1/2 chance of recovering from a fatal blow and dealing 7% to his opponent until his next, next turn. (Any range)
Reflector: 3/4 chance of reflecting projectiles (Any range)
Shine: 2/3 chance of hitting. Does 5%. if hits, increases the chance of Dair hitting by 1/9 (Close Range)
Dair: 4/9 chance of hitting. Can only be used the turn after a successful Shine. Does 15%. Each time it hits, increases both the numerator and denominator of Shine's probability rating by 1. (Any range)
(Note: A Shine->Dair->Shine->Dair chain MUST be started with a successful Shine.
If one of the attacks in the chain misses, the probability ratings of both attacks is set back to default.
Shine->Dair chains may not be performed if the opponent is above 70%.
Fire Bird: 3/4 chance of hitting. Does 8%. If at close range, 1/2 chance of burning the opponent for 3 turns, 3% each turn. (Any range)

Not balanced with the rest of the cast. Rather, balanced to fit what the standard should be. (And also cuz he's Falco so...)

Criticism appreciated.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:50 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
If Brik's suggestions get implemented then I'm totally joining this.

Falco:
Laser Blasts: 6/7 chance of hitting. Does 10%. 1/4 chance of skipping opponent's next turn. (Long range only)
Phantasm: Once used, Falco has a 1/2 chance of recovering from a fatal blow and dealing 7% to his opponent until his next, next turn. (Any range)
Reflector: 3/4 chance of reflecting projectiles (Any range)
Shine: 2/3 chance of hitting. Does 5%. if hits, increases the chance of Dair hitting by 1/9 (Close Range)
Dair: 4/9 chance of hitting. Can only be used the turn after a successful Shine. Does 15%. Each time it hits, increases both the numerator and denominator of Shine's probability rating by 1. (Any range)
(Note: A Shine->Dair->Shine->Dair chain MUST be started with a successful Shine.
If one of the attacks in the chain misses, the probability ratings of both attacks is set back to default.
Shine->Dair chains may not be performed if the opponent is above 70%.
Fire Bird: 3/4 chance of hitting. Does 8%. If at close range, 1/2 chance of burning the opponent for 3 turns, 3% each turn. (Any range)

Not balanced with the rest of the cast. Rather, balanced to fit what the standard should be. (And also cuz he's Falco so...)

I'm playing to implement some of these things after the Test match plus some new stuff...

And DWC, hate to say it friend, but:
Please stick to the SPECIAL MOVES
and I'm not sure about falco only because he isn't in either SSF installment as of yet.

But thanks for your contribution. Feel free to join anytime.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, don't think densest gonna post for a few days, so let's continue, 194, your turn.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'd like to FALCON PUNCH densetsu.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Attack failed. No damage.

Strike Raid on 194.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:09 pm