The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:22 pm

[ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Pichu 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
I'd Say bomberman

Also, I'll check the Melee Trophies, those have the canon moves names

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:14 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
Kirb-Star wrote:
You know Tailsis you could have just edited your post instead of posting twice

i know.
what i don't know is why i didn't do it.

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 pm

If no one minds, I'd like to take this time to thank the devs. I'm certain that I'm in the minority that actually WANTED Pichu in SSF2. I didn't get my hopes up considering his..."reputation" in the Smash community, that talk about clones not being a thing, and finally his confirmation as a Pokeball Pokemon in SSF2 just made me all the less hopeful for his inclusion.

Now that he's in, I can't WAIT to play as the cute little guy! From what I gathered in SSC's stream and various comments about him, I take it that he's basically a self-damaging v0.9b Pikachu, huh?

Not that this bothers me or anything.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Don't you know? You're not allowed to do anything other than complain about how Beta messed everything up!

All joking aside, I'm hyped for this. I wonder what Pichu's uair will be like? In Melee it is useless to a ridiculous extent, even if you chain it together 10 times you just did less than Samus Charge Shot. Perhaps it'll have a Brawl- sweetspot?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:44 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Definetly cannot say I saw this coming, but boy am I hyped right now. Pichu is easily my favourite character in Melee, so seeing him added and hopefully rebalanced to not be garbage really excites me :chibirobo:

Since some people seemed to be confused about the names of his Special moves in Melee, he has Thunder Jolt (same as Pika), Skull Bash (goes farther and is way stronger, but is laggier and takes way longer to charge, Agility (slower with slightly less distance and 1/3% recoil damage per zip, but much more angles and a busted landing lag of 1 frame) and Thunder (hits multiple times and sends far more horizontally, making is pretty much useless for USmash Thunder like Pikachu can do). Were all of these converted to SSF2? I completely missed the stream so I cant tell, but having something like Thunder Wave instead of Thunder Jolt (less range, more lag, stuns quite a bit on hit) or Volt Tackle as a Shoulder Bash-esque finisher sounds intriguing to say the least. Uair also needs something to make it good, as TCS said the damage output of the move was incredibly pitiful and it also lacked the Tailspike that Pikachu is so famous for.

Heres to hope that he gets his bagpack as an alt once the whole advanced alts are installed. Reminds me of Mystery Dungeon, which just so happens to have one of my favourite games in it :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
I hope they "Luigify" him a tiny little bit, coz as much as I love the fact that Pichu's in I'd still prefer it if he weren't a total clone
MeleeWaluigi wrote:
Don't we already have a joke character? :sandbag:

Who said there only had to be one?

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
Definetly cannot say I saw this coming, but boy am I hyped right now. Pichu is easily my favourite character in Melee, so seeing him added and hopefully rebalanced to not be garbage really excites me :chibirobo:

Since some people seemed to be confused about the names of his Special moves in Melee, he has Thunder Jolt (same as Pika), Skull Bash (goes farther and is way stronger, but is laggier and takes way longer to charge, Agility (slower with slightly less distance and 1/3% recoil damage per zip, but much more angles and a busted landing lag of 1 frame) and Thunder (hits multiple times and sends far more horizontally, making is pretty much useless for USmash Thunder like Pikachu can do). Were all of these converted to SSF2? I completely missed the stream so I cant tell, but having something like Thunder Wave instead of Thunder Jolt (less range, more lag, stuns quite a bit on hit) or Volt Tackle as a Shoulder Bash-esque finisher sounds intriguing to say the least. Uair also needs something to make it good, as TCS said the damage output of the move was incredibly pitiful and it also lacked the Tailspike that Pikachu is so famous for.

Here's to hope that he gets his backpack as an alt once the whole advanced alts are installed. Reminds me of Mystery Dungeon, which just so happens to have one of my favourite games in it :chibirobo:

From what I've gathered, Pichu seems to be a mix of his Melee incarnation and v0.9b Pikachu.

His specials are as follows:
Electro Ball (B) - Stuns opponents and the more damage they have, the longer they're stunned. The projectile Pichu releases can be aimed, BTW.

Skull Bash (Volt Tackle?) (Side+B) - More or less identical to Melee. Pichu's body gets covered in electricity when charging, but I guess that's really the only change I can find.

Agility (Quick Attack?) (Up+B) - A couple of changes on this move. The most notable is that it actually DOES damage this time around with surprisingly decent knockback as well.

Thunder (Down+B) - Takes after Pika's Distant Thunder custom move in Smash 4, while also gaining Thunder's meteor smash properties from Smash 4 and SSF2 v0.9b.

BTW, I have a question. What about the Pichu that you can find in a Pokeball? I think the devs mentioned that they're BOTH going to be in the game, ut I'm bit uncertain if this is true.

Last edited by dragonballhero on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:06 am

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
Hey devs,quick and maybe dumb question: Is Pichu gonna be in 1.0.3 or is he gonna be in a future update that's not 1.0.3?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 am

def gon look to pick this lil fellow up alongside pika :pikachu:

btw people have been conplaining about almost every reveal ignore and dont worry about it

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:10 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Just to clarify, Pichu's "Electro Ball" is not aimable afaik

It goes diagonally upwards grounded and diagonally downwards grounded, both having more horizontal movement than vertical compared to Pika's moving at 45 degrees

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
TSF|Skylar wrote:

Heres to hope that he gets his bagpack as an alt once the whole advanced alts are installed. Reminds me of Mystery Dungeon, which just so happens to have one of my favourite games in it :chibirobo:

From what I've seen, Pichu's Agility is actually better than Pikachu's Quick Attack.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
TheBlue10 wrote:
From what I've seen, Pichu's Agility is actually better than Pikachu's Quick Attack.

This is true.
And also makes sense, because he's supposed to be the obligitory faster/lighter clone
Worse recoveries are for the heavier clones, like Ganondorf and Dr. Mario
Luigi and Pichu have better recoveries (In F2, anyway,) since they're the more slippery of the bunch compared to their bigger brothers.

..."compared to their bigger brothers."
Something feels nice, saying that.
Both Luigi and Pikachu got big ol' Brothers that they aspire to.
Feels good, man. Wholesome SSF2 content right here. :sandbag:

As for Alt. Costumes, I do think many things are possible with him because the simplicity of his design (And also his big ol' head). If I were to rank from Easiest to Hardest (I would include Brawl- costumes, but I have absolutely 0 clue what they are and can't find any pictures anywhere, so--Also these are in order, anything under something would be ranked harder as such);
Easiest
-Spiked/"Notched"-ear Pichu (This just about speaks for itself, doesn't it. It's black too so no worries in the world)
-The little tuft of fur one of the Pichu Bros. has (I don't really see a point in having it at all, maybe if you bundled it with Notched-Ear, but hey, it's pretty heckin' cute)
-Red Ribbon on the Ear (It can basically just be 1 sprite if you really want it to, maybe have a 2nd, seperate sprite for the little bit that sticks out and place 'em both on the ear, it's quite generic)
Easy
-Blue Goggles (Not much to get in the way here, might need a few sprites for different angles but seems easy enough at a glance)
-Handkerchief (The one all 3 costumes for Pichu sport in Melee, it doesn't seem too difficult to add similar to the goggles, and since it's tucked around his non-existant neck the Tail can't get in the way of too much, right?)
Hard
-Ukulele (Just the ukulele for easier easyness, but his tail might get in the way, angles might also be a thing)
-Backpack (Kindof like the Ukulele in terms of problems, but the Backpack also goes around his body and over the arms so clipping issues might arise on that, plus the backpack sticks out more so more sprites might be required)
Yeah let's not
-Hawaiian Shirt (I distinctly remember seeing this in a costume on Pichu somewhere that was with the Ukulele, but I do not see this happening at all because it's a heckin' shirt, it's gonna get in the way of something)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Well, for what i saw of his gameplay i only found a few diferences between him and Pikachu.(The self damage, Neutral special and down special)
But, for what reason i would pick Pichu instead of pikachu besides sadpichu's reasons?("No melee fox can inflict damage to me as much as i alredy did to myself" - SADPICHU)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
PurpouHeize wrote:
for what reason i would pick Pichu instead of pikachu besides sadpichu's reasons?("No melee fox can inflict damage to me as much as i alredy did to myself" - SADPICHU)

This is pure speculation + putting 2 and 2 together (And hopefully getting 4, but we may get a 3 or a 5 somewhere), but;
Pichu's role (In Melee, atleast) is a Smaller, Quicker Pikachu with the "class" of a Glass Cannon. Fantastic examples of Glass Cannons in Smash Bros. games would be Mr. Game & Watch (to an extent,) Smash 4's Little Mac and Flash 2's Sandbag, their emphasis being they can hit hard but not necessarily take much punishment theirselves for a variety of reasons, be it their lackluster recovery ability (Which is essential in a game like Smash) or their lighter-than-usual weight (Meaning they die much quicker.)

In Flash 2, Pichu has been de-cloned a bit as well as (seemingly) refined in some aspects to further fit both the roles of the "Smaller + Lighter Pikachu" as well as the "Glass Cannon," with his new array of Specials making him a bit more gimmicky than Pikachu.

As comparisons, let's take Pikachu and Pichu's Down and Neutral Specials.
Pikachu's Neutral Special--should i need to re-explain it--travels across the stage in a bouncing fashion, going along walls and usually ending when met with a ledge. Being an electric move, it deals a bit more hitstun than your average move and is great for Zoning.
Pichu's, unlike Pikachu's now travels in it's own unique way. Similar to Luigi's fireball, it "floats" in a specific direction depending on where you use it. Using Neutral Special when Pichu is on the ground causing it to float diagonally up, and using it in the air causes the ball of electricity to go diagonally downwards. This changes the Zoning feature of Pikachu's Neutral Special into a more Trap-like move designed to constrict your opponents movements and let you get in, especially with Pichu's greater speeds.

Pikachu's Down Special--for the sake of explination--brings a thunderbolt from the sky that does one powerful hit and knocks the opponent sideways, as well as having a powerful hitbox should the thunderbolt collide with Pikachu. This can be useful for catching opponents trying to get back onstage and further hampering their progress, as well as a great "get-off-me" tool should you have the time to use it.
Pichu's has a similar-but-different purpose, as his thunderbolt is not only a Multi-Hit (Instead of one, powerful hit) but also send the opponent directly downwards (Not factoring in Direction Influence--or "Hitstun Shuffling" as Smash 4 would call it) making it useful for not only comboing into the hitbox that Pichu gains when the thunderbolt collides with him (Should they be caught early,) but also being an even more powerful tool offstage as Spiking an opponent usually has much greater results as opposed to sending them horizontally, as a lot of characters in Flash 2 have a much easier time recovering from above/horizontally than from below (Good examples of this would be Sandbag, PAC-MAN and Tails) so sending them downwards has much bigger room for results, and possibly sealing their stock.

Other moves have been changed to refine Pichu's aspects (Such as Up B and Side B going farther distances than Pikachu's, making recovery easier among other purposes) and whilst the Self-Harm mechanic seems quite damaging--pardon the pun--remember that Goku also has this gimmick with his Kaio-Ken x2 mode, which ramps up damage constantly (and at quite the fast rate) as the form is in use instead of just when using certain moves.

Overall, Pichu seems like a riskier version of Pikachu that you can get great rewards out of, provided you learn the ins and outs of him and learn how to hit his Electricity-charged Moves (As those are the ones that damage him, missing it might cause more harm than normal) as well as offering a different playstyle due to his speed and alterations on the afformentioned moves and others.
I could be entirely wrong once 1.0.3 releases, but here's my pepper and salt on the fine dish of speculation whilst we wait. :sandbag:

Y'all motherhubbards didn't know I could science some s*** up, did you

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Bedoop wrote:
PurpouHeize wrote:
for what reason i would pick Pichu instead of pikachu besides sadpichu's reasons?("No melee fox can inflict damage to me as much as i already did to myself" - SADPICHU)

This is pure speculation + putting 2 and 2 together (And hopefully getting 4, but we may get a 3 or a 5 somewhere), but;
Pichu's role (In Melee, at least) is a Smaller, Quicker Pikachu with the "class" of a Glass Cannon. Fantastic examples of Glass Cannons in Smash Bros. games would be Mr. Game & Watch (to an extent,) Smash 4's Little Mac and Flash 2's Sandbag, their emphasis being they can hit hard but not necessarily take much punishment themselves for a variety of reasons, be it their lackluster recovery ability (Which is essential in a game like Smash) or their lighter-than-usual weight (Meaning they die much quicker.)

In Flash 2, Pichu has been de-cloned a bit as well as (seemingly) refined in some aspects to further fit both the roles of the "Smaller + Lighter Pikachu" as well as the "Glass Cannon," with his new array of Specials making him a bit more gimmicky than Pikachu.

As comparisons, let's take Pikachu and Pichu's Down and Neutral Specials.
Pikachu's Neutral Special--should i need to re-explain it--travels across the stage in a bouncing fashion, going along walls and usually ending when met with a ledge. Being an electric move, it deals a bit more hitstun than your average move and is great for Zoning.
Pichu's, unlike Pikachu's now travels in it's own unique way. Similar to Luigi's fireball, it "floats" in a specific direction depending on where you use it. Using Neutral Special when Pichu is on the ground causing it to float diagonally up, and using it in the air causes the ball of electricity to go diagonally downwards. This changes the Zoning feature of Pikachu's Neutral Special into a more Trap-like move designed to constrict your opponents movements and let you get in, especially with Pichu's greater speeds.

Pikachu's Down Special--for the sake of explanation--brings a thunderbolt from the sky that does one powerful hit and knocks the opponent sideways, as well as having a powerful hitbox should the thunderbolt collide with Pikachu. This can be useful for catching opponents trying to get back onstage and further hampering their progress, as well as a great "get-off-me" tool should you have the time to use it.
Pichu's has a similar-but-different purpose, as his thunderbolt is not only a Multi-Hit (Instead of one, powerful hit) but also send the opponent directly downwards (Not factoring in Direction Influence--or "Hitstun Shuffling" as Smash 4 would call it) making it useful for not only comboing into the hitbox that Pichu gains when the thunderbolt collides with him (Should they be caught early,) but also being an even more powerful tool offstage as Spiking an opponent usually has much greater results as opposed to sending them horizontally, as a lot of characters in Flash 2 have a much easier time recovering from above/horizontally than from below (Good examples of this would be Sandbag, PAC-MAN and Tails) so sending them downwards has much bigger room for results, and possibly sealing their stock.

Other moves have been changed to refine Pichu's aspects (Such as Up B and Side B going farther distances than Pikachu's, making recovery easier among other purposes) and whilst the Self-Harm mechanic seems quite damaging--pardon the pun--remember that Goku also has this gimmick with his Kaio-Ken x2 mode, which ramps up damage constantly (and at quite the fast rate) as the form is in use instead of just when using certain moves.

Overall, Pichu seems like a riskier version of Pikachu that you can get great rewards out of, provided you learn the ins and outs of him and learn how to hit his Electricity-charged Moves (As those are the ones that damage him, missing it might cause more harm than normal) as well as offering a different playstyle due to his speed and alterations on the aforementioned moves and others.
I could be entirely wrong once 1.0.3 releases, but here's my pepper and salt on the fine dish of speculation whilst we wait. :sandbag:

Y'all motherhubbards didn't know I could science some s*** up, did you

It looks like Pichu's FINALLY becoming the high risk=big rewards character I always wished he was in Melee. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing as him in Melee, but the high risk=little reward thing could get pretty frustrating at times, if I'm being honest.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm
 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next