The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[MP] Ace Attorney 

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
mage wrote:
You know what DGS is right, compare the animations of that game to AA6, if you do not see a difference in quality, you need to stop arguing cause you don't know animation, stop being a blind fanboy.

I'm not blind, If you actually knew that both DGS and AA6 are being developed by completely different teams then you wouldn't be complaining.
Don't call me a fanboy simply for knowing more about the franchise than you.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:11 am

natedoesthings wrote:
mage wrote:
You know what DGS is right, compare the animations of that game to AA6, if you do not see a difference in quality, you need to stop arguing cause you don't know animation, stop being a blind fanboy.

I'm not blind, If you actually knew that both DGS and AA6 are being developed by completely different teams then you wouldn't be complaining.
Don't call me a fanboy when you're the one who doesn't know s***.

no now see

you're wrong because you have an opinion that isn't mine

i will now call you a fanboy, thus winning the argument:

fanboy

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:13 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
natedoesthings wrote:
mage wrote:

I'm not blind, If you actually knew that both DGS and AA6 are being developed by completely different teams then you wouldn't be complaining.No? Really?

That is your excuse for AA6's low quality, you're not even defending your argument, fine if that is how your brain thinks, compare DD animations to AA6 Animations, if you do not notice the difference then, i give up on educating you.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:15 am

mage wrote:
natedoesthings wrote:
mage wrote:

I'm not blind, If you actually knew that both DGS and AA6 are being developed by completely different teams then you wouldn't be complaining.No? Really?

That is your excuse for AA6's low quality, you're not even defending your argument, fine if that is how your brain thinks, compare DD animations to AA6 Animations, if you do not notice the difference then, i give up on educating you.

good

please give up on "educating" him

in fact, please give up on posting

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:18 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
mage wrote:
natedoesthings wrote:
mage wrote:

Don't call me a fanboy when you're the one who doesn't know s#%$&.

chill dude nobody is putting a pistol in your back and obligating you to play it
gosh

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 am

Shiver-Star wrote:
chill dude nobody is putting a pistol in your back and obligating you to play it
gosh

Sorry but, I just don't like people enjoying and praising a game of such low standards in a successful series, if people encourage this type of quality from capcom, then it will get worse, if it's someone's guilty pleasure that's fine, but these people are claming it's of good quality, it makes no sense considering AA had clearly produced higher quality games.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:27 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'd just like to state that mouth animation in the Ace Attorney series was never good to begin with. If you're judging the series on it you should have dropped it as soon as Maya opened her mouth in AA1.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:31 pm

chileandude194 wrote:
I'd just like to state that mouth animation in the Ace Attorney series was never good to begin with. If you're judging the series on it you should have dropped it as soon as Maya opened her mouth in AA1.

Are you comparing 2001 sprites to 2015 models? The problem is that it has gotten worse from DD.

kb wrote:

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:33 pm

mage wrote:
Sorry but, I just don't like people enjoying and praising a game

we know

that's the problem

please just stop throwing a s*** over something clearly only you care about

we got the f*** point

we don't care

stop bringing it up

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:02 pm

kb wrote:
mage wrote:

we know

that's the problem

please just stop throwing a s#%$& over something clearly only you care about

we got the f#%$& point

we don't care

stop bringing it up

True, you may not care, but it's important to realize that there are people who - no offense - like the series and disagree with the obvious decrease in quality (the animations, the reuse of the DD gui) from the game that Capcom prevented from localized to the game that we're getting now.

What's also disheartening is the fact that, once again, Phoenix is the lead character. Phoenix cannot be developed further, there's absolutely no reason for him to be there. To be honest, it probably would have been better if they added Apollo instead as the lead because he's been getting the short end of the stick since his own game.

Anyway, it should be obvious to anyone that, compared to the game we never got, this game doesn't look as polished. Please don't hate on someone for stating their concern for the series. No one is going to be a drone and just follow along with the series because it's AA.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:13 pm

thanks for making an alt account just to agree with yourself

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Dough Dragons wrote:
kb wrote:
mage wrote:

we know

that's the problem

please just stop throwing a s#%$& over something clearly only you care about

we got the f#%$& point

we don't care

stop bringing it up

True, you may not care, but it's important to realize that there are people who - no offense - like the series and disagree with the obvious decrease in quality (the animations, the reuse of the DD gui) from the game that Capcom prevented from localized to the game that we're getting now.

What's also disheartening is the fact that, once again, Phoenix is the lead character. Phoenix cannot be developed further, there's absolutely no reason for him to be there. To be honest, it probably would have been better if they added Apollo instead as the lead because he's been getting the short end of the stick since his own game.

Anyway, it should be obvious to anyone that, compared to the game we never got, this game doesn't look as polished. Please don't hate on someone for stating their concern for the series. No one is going to be a drone and just follow along with the series because it's AA.

About the first point, the original trilogy also kept the exact same UI during three games. And the UI in DD is fine, why would you have to fix something that's not broken?

Also, it was precisely the fact that people hated Apollo because it took Phoenix out of the spot what brought Phoenix back to the spotlight in DD, and now people complain about that. And I disagree, Phoenix now has the opportunity to show as a mentor and leader, which is a role we have neven truly seen on him, and was briefly explored in DD.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 pm

"About the first point, the original trilogy also kept the exact same UI during three games."

I'm talking about the 3D titles, not the 2D titles. Not only that, but the 3D titles changed the system to adapt because if you kept the same UI for every single game, especially with the transition on the 3Ds, it would come off as lazy.

"Also, it was precisely the fact that people hated Apollo because it took Phoenix out of the spot what brought Phoenix back to the spotlight in DD, and now people complain about that."

How can you claim that a majority of people hated Apollo because of "X" reason? How do you know why people didn't like Apollo when there are communities of people who want Apollo to take the spotlight. It's a bit of a non-argument to say that "people like this because of this" because there's no way you'd know that.

Before anyone decides to say that I was doing the same thing: If you read my post you'll notice that I was talking about a particular set of people who hold the same opinion I do about the game. "There is a group of people..." not "everyone likes/hates this". Just stating that for anyone who may try to use that as some sort of counter.

"And I disagree, Phoenix now has the opportunity to show as a mentor and leader, which is a role we have neven truly seen on him, and was briefly explored in DD."

Phoenix had 2 games to shine as a mentor and a leader: AJ and DD. He had more than enough games to develop this aspect of his character. Claiming that he wasn't fully realized in those games akin to saying the writers weren't competent enough to develop his role as a leader after losing his badge and running a law firm for 2 games.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand the UI point. UIs do not need to be changed as long as they provide their expected functionality, which is, to give you the info required to play the game in concise, smart ways. The original Trilogy ran a good UI and it worked fine. The ui got aesthetic changes but remained mostly the same in Apollo. DD did a big UI change, partly inspired by the UI in the later Professor Layton games, and it was certainly functional. The UI in AA6 looks mostly based on the one from Dual Destinies, which is good as long as the interface runs functional and usable.

User interfaces only have to be changed when it serves to functionality, and not otherwise. That's why games like Mario have kept their interfaces unchanged since the SNES games, because the interface works well enough and doesn't need to be changed. The same happens with Ace Attorney: the interfaces work fine as they are, why not changing them comes off as laziness? If anything, not fixing stuff that didn't work last time is what should be called lazy.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 pm

chileandude194 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand the UI point. UIs do not need to be changed as long as they provide their expected functionality, which is, to give you the info required to play the game in concise, smart ways. The original Trilogy ran a good UI and it worked fine. The ui got aesthetic changes but remained mostly the same in Apollo. DD did a big UI change, partly inspired by the UI in the later Professor Layton games, and it was certainly functional. The UI in AA6 looks mostly based on the one from Dual Destinies, which is good as long as the interface runs functional and usable.

User interfaces only have to be changed when it serves to functionality, and not otherwise. That's why games like Mario have kept their interfaces unchanged since the SNES games, because the interface works well enough and doesn't need to be changed. The same happens with Ace Attorney: the interfaces work fine as they are, why not changing them comes off as laziness? If anything, fixing stuff that didn't work last time is what should be called lazy.

The UI was a minor point. It was just one example among the other one I provide "(the animations, the reuse of the DD UI)". The quality of this game aesthetically, doesn't follow the trend of smoother animations, more fluid movements, etc. It's as if the game forgot that DGS exists and, to us in the west, this is just a sequel to DD. If that were the case, then what we have now would have been acceptable. However, that's not the case. When fans receive a new iteration in the series, we expect it to improve as time goes on.

This sort of thing also stems from the fact that we honestly didn't really need Phoenix to come back. Of course this is all my opinion so consider it separate from the argument at hand, but it probably would have been better had they continued down DGS's route instead of what they did with DD and soon to be AA6.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:12 pm
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next