The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:19 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
RP in progress 

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
This is an idea that Zesper and I came up with after dreary hours of intense thinking. It regards a future that is run almost completely on machines, and a group of people that fear that the government is taking this industrialism too far, and human will shall be lost in the advances. You are one of those people, and you break into a mechanized being factory to create your own robots to combat the increases in technological control. Starting with the Core, the heart and main power of your robot, you will build around it with limbs and a cranium. All aspects have a variety of parts to choose from, with each having pros and cons. If the Core is destroyed, your being is dead, but if you can salvage the Core from a wrecked machine, you may recreate your robot. You will need to send your human to retrieve it, however, and if the human dies, you will have no more chances.

These robots are constructed of many different parts. The most important; the Core, is a cylinder of energy that powers the whole of the bots. The bots are humanoid in shape and personality, and are controlled by their creators from a factory.

-------------
Story
-------------
Technology has become an enemy. Everything is computer driven. This is itself in not a problem. Not at all. The computers are corrupt, however. The government is at fault. They're all at fault. Now, no one is free. The streets are patrolled by police. These police are much less law keepers than open killers. Everyone's a rebel to them, and no one has the power to fight back. Normal civilians don't have exoskeletons, but they do. How far has humanity sunk?

It's rather funny actually. We're at a war with technology, but our main opponent is a group of humans. The robots don't know any better. We shall attack the source. However, attacking their base will not prove good enough. We will need to capture the other cities, and then go for the center. This is an age of fear, no longer. When we storm the factory to the south of this city, we will create our own bots to counter theirs. This war has gone on far too long, and in the next few weeks, we will end it. I have a contact in the furthest city to the west, but it would do us well to take over the city between here and there. Ladies and gentlemen, this ends now.

We leave at dawn.

--------------
Map
--------------

--------------------------
Robot Customization
--------------------------

----------
Cores
----------

Green Core- The Green Core has a tougher shell than the others, allowing it to survive more intense attacks.

Pink Core- The Pink Core enhances electrical currents, allowing your bot to be quicker and more agile.

Blue Core- The Blue Core focuses energy in the arms and legs, increasing the damage you can cause with melee attacks.

Red Core- The Red Core is better for use of technology. You can aim weapons better, and you can activate mechanical devices you come across.

It is also rumored that black market traders have modded Cores to have special qualities.

----------
Eyes
----------

Red Eye- Allows use of Thermal Viewing, allowing you to see sources of warmth.

Green Eye- Allows use of Night Vision, allowing you to see in the dark.

Blue Eye- Allows use of X-Ray vision, allowing you to see through walls and barriers in good lighting.

Scope Eyes- Allows use of an in-eye scope, allowing you to see and aim long distances in good lighting.

----------
Torsos
----------

Basic Iron- A cast of metal, exposing the Core, but allowing for easier movement.

Iron Plate- A thin cast, covering the Core, but it rusts easily, making replacement necessary. Does not hold against projectiles.

Iron with Shield- The Basic Iron Torso with a force field of sorts protecting the Core, but it is easily short-circuited, and if that occurs, it can have disastrous effects on the whole of the bot.

Gravitational Spheres
- A series of spheres that are attracted to the Core and tend to orbit it, these are still in testing, but their swiftly moving balls are very effective in catching incoming projectiles. A melee weapon can easily fit through the gaps, however.

----------
Arms
----------

Springs- Allows for a longer reach, but the arm has less freedom to move.

Normal- Free reach, but a rather small range.

Gravitational Spheres- Spheres that hang in the air near the torso, being held by electrical tethers. Arms can orbit 360 degrees around the torso, but if a ball is removed from the circuit, it will cease functioning of any spheres further down the line.

----------
Hands
----------

Built in weapon- Allows for straighter aim of a weapon, and can be replaced with any other weapon attachments you discover on the journey.

Open palm- A regular hand, allows for a grip and the ability to pick up and use weapons you find.

No hand- The stubs have their own vacuum of sorts that holds objects with suction, but is absolutely useless in melee.

--------
Cranium
--------

Mechanical- More knowledgeable of technological items.

Thrifty- More knowledgeable of trade and bartering.

Well-trained- More knowledgeable of weapons and attacks.

Organic-befriending
- More knowledgeable of animals and beings.

Cartographer- More knowledgeable of the land and direction.

Sheltered- Large wealth of technological knowledge, but has little people skills.

----------------------
Character Customization
----------------------

For your human character, you will need:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

For the robot, you will need:

Name:

Core:

Torso:

Arms:

Right hand:

Left hand:

Cranium:

Weapon:

Misc. Facts:

----------------
Weapons
----------------

-----------
Open Hand
-----------

Magnum- Basic pistol, carries a load of twelve bullets.

Swiss Army Knife
- Knife, nail file, scissors, toothpick, bottle opener, small saw.

----------
Attached Weapons
----------

Model 1 Assault Rifle
- Carries a large clip, with decent accuracy.

Dull Knife Blade- A jagged blade that serves better as a saw than a knife.

NOTE: NONE OF THIS IS COMPLETELY FINAL, AND CONTENT WILL BE ADDED TO EACH SECTION BEFORE THE RP COMMENCES.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Kerim on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 am

Well orginized, I guess it can work after all keep it up.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Anyhow, updated with some parts, and I should have some images up to help your comprehension of the bots.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Seems like a good idea. A little rough around the edges though, but with a bit of polish, it could be very interesting.

I mean, I would join.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:57 am

The one problem I find with these "create your being/machine from these parts" type RPs, is that it's usually hard to remember what you had on your being/machine.
I remember wanting to do one of these before myself, but Ichigo said it would be too complex with the creation aspects.

Though, I see you do have it down to a almost perfect system, looks like this will work out well for you, Kerim.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Whimskull wrote:
The one problem I find with these "create your being/machine from these parts" type RPs, is that it's usually hard to remember what you had on your being/machine.
I remember wanting to do one of these before myself, but Ichigo said it would be too complex with the creation aspects.

Though, I see you do have it down to a almost perfect system, looks like this will work out well for you, Kerim.

I can see the complexity being a problem. The system is not nearly complete, which might make it too complex. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:17 am

Whimskull wrote:

OOC topics are there for a reason.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:53 am

It'd be nice if the names of the parts gave more information away, or if there was a certain similarity between colors.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:00 am

Not Sayonara wrote:
It'd be nice if the names of the parts gave more information away, or if there was a certain similarity between colors.

Yeah, they were named sort of randomly, but that's a problem easily fixed.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:55 am

It is good so far but not ready yet, You just need to add a story and more informations to make it interesting enough.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Dragon fang wrote:
It is good so far but not ready yet, You just need to add a story and more informations to make it interesting enough.

I know. As of now, we just have the bare bones of the Character Customization.
Lots of work to be done.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Updated with a story that is not nearly complete and a simple map.

I need a name, and feedback.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:01 pm

This could be the beginnings of something foxy.

I will aid you in the plot design.

Last edited by Zesper on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 am

Location: Those who walk the path of the gun shall forever be loneley
Reminds me of the Matrix

ImageImage

Wow never expected this to happen.

Link! Help me level up.
Link! Help me level up.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:46 am

Are you taking suggestions for parts?

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:44 pm
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next