The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Rion Tanuki 

(Re-Edit 1)
'Lo!
Well, I've decided to "create" a character! (My second time)
Why? Because I want people to evaluate my RPGing ability.
AND I'm not that good... (Bear in mind I usually casually RPG, so yeah...)
And here we go... (I will add more later)
=====

Name: Rion Tanuki ([pronounced as "Wre - On"] Last name is lame, I'll probably edit it)
Alignment: "Neutral"
Species: Human
Weight: Around 130 lbs (weight is never permanent!)
Height: 5'11...
Dominant Hand: Right
Birthday: (Included because I felt like it) April 17th.

Appearance/Looks:

Rion has black hair with brown streaks, which was gained from exposure to the sun (the streaks are throughout his hair, and is in no particular order or length) which falls straight down. It ends a centimeter after his nose, and so it covers most of his face. His eyes are a sort of "Gun Metal Gray" color, which seem to darken whenever he is feeling anything negative (apprehensive, sad, etc). He has a straight nose which doesn't stick out too much, but is not short, and he is usually seen smiling. His skin was originally pale, but due to long days out with the sun, his skin has gotten a light tan, making him slightly brown. He has a medium reach with his arms and legs, so he can protect himself in combat situations.

Personality:

Rion is always looking for the "silver lining" in the situation, but often he doesn't find it. He is funny at times, and he laughs even if his jokes aren't humorous. Rion has a good vocabulary, occasionally using words or phrases some people may not know, and is knowledgable.
He tries to be as logical as he can in any situation, analyzing everything he can. He could be the "politician", or "peacemaker" in a group, (or even a psychiatrist) as he dislikes fights and wants to have everyone in harmony. He tries to show As said before, he is regularly smiling. When he not in a good mood, he will have uncontrolled contempt at the world, and will snap at anyone, though he tries to manage his temper, short as it is.

In Combat:

In combat, Rion trades defense for agility, speed, and offense, attacking as hard and fast as he can, using different tactics as often as he can, and using his special abilities in a sort of harmony with melee moves, so as to be as unpredictable as possible.

Abilities: (re-edit will be soon)

Rion has light based abilities...

Other Things:
Rion loves to read books, and wants to make everyone he likes laugh. He likes the color blue, and he can set up fires very easily.

Background:

(The background is okay... but I need to practice more. Re-Editing later...)

On Earth, there are different "Planes" of existance, which is to mean, the same world, but different "levels" of existance. Think of it like a Flash document. There are different layers stacked on each other, and this is made so everything coexists, and that higher planes can observe lower planes, but lower planes cannot see higher planes. Let me make this simple:

Plane 1: The plane in which plants live in.
Plane 2: The plane in which animals and insects live in.
Plane 3: The plane in which humans live in.
Plane 4: The plane in which ghosts, and other "paranormal" phenomena live in.
Plane 5: The plane in which Angels and Demons live in.
Plane 6: The plane in which Hell is located.
Plane 7: The plane in which Heaven is located.

Now, all 7 of these planes exist together, and at the same time. Plants and Animals are in a lower plane than regular humans' plane, and so we can see them. Nevertheless, even if we couldn't see them, they would still exist there, and we could still interact with them, albeit blindly. And you see, it is the same with Angels, Demons, Ghosts, and the like.

Humans are special. We were made from "God's Image", and so we were imbued with some of his gifts. (For one, we have feelings.)
And there are some Humans that are "special", (So are certain animals, as they were also from God, and they may be able to observe higher planes and such) and they can interact with higher planes extremely well. Their abilities on these vary, but notable ones are:

1) The Ability to see Higher Planes. This explains people's sights of ghosts and demons and angels. However, almost always, the case is that the person cannot direct this ability, and so they won't see other planes indefinitely. They will catch glimpses instead.

2) The Ability to use their inner gifts. Very special people have abilities such as Premonition, Pyrokinesis, etc. This gift was intended for Demons and Angels.

3) The Ability to travel in between Planes. Only a handful of people have this skill, and even fewer can actually direct this ability.

However, the physical and/or mental stress received from having the second or third ability is so great, that usually, the person with the gift has a mental disability of some sort, which either was gained from the ability, or the person had it before, and thus could use the ability easily because the disability opened up parts of their brains that are connected with the ability. Plus, any ability does not stay all of your life; it could be possible that it is available for as little as 5 minutes.

Rion's biological parents had these heightened senses, and he inherited them, which matured as he grew older.

Last edited by Aeifyre on Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm
Site Moderator

The Basic: Nothing wrong here, though technically, the alignments go Chaotic - Neutral - Lawful to Evil - Neutral - Good (so a chaotic good would be kinda like the average adventurer type), though I'm nitpicking.

In combat: It would be nice to know what some examples would be for special abilities.

Background: The "Special orphan" thing kinda gets old, though the background of "plains" is kinda unique.

I can't rate it, my abilities are bad now.

Sun May 10, 2009 2:48 am

Aeifyre wrote:
On Earth, there are different "Planes" of existance, which is to mean, the same world, but different "levels" of existance. Think of it like a Flash document. There are different layers stacked on each other, and this is made so everything coexists, and that higher planes can observe lower planes, but lower planes cannot see higher planes. Let me make this simple:

Plane 1: The plane in which plants live in.
Plane 2: The plane in which animals and insects live in.
Plane 3: The plane in which humans live in.
Plane 4: The plane in which ghosts, and other "paranormal" phenomena live in.
Plane 5: The plane in which Angels and Demons live in.
Plane 6: The plane in which Hell is located.
Plane 7: The plane in which Heaven is located.

So that's why that damned dog won't move. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

The distinction of planes is cool and all, but wolves attack humans and seem to have a knack for sensing the paranormal. So... what are wolves?

(Wolves are just one of many options I could have chosen)

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 am
 [ 3 posts ]