The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 am

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

MGN Username: smash_machine
Oh, I found a few bugs I neglected to report.

-A player sometimes earns a point when self-destructed.
-During Online, a character isn't centered in the victory screen.
-During Online, the announcer isn't saying his lines during stock matches.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:49 pm

MGN Username: Electroely
Currently Playing: Minecraft, Terraria, SSF2, Rayman Legends
Major controller bug:
When using an analog stick, the Y axis resets itself to neutral position if the stick is moved diagonally left or right and doesn't fix itself until the stick is released

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:43 am

My GameCube controller doesn't register Up/Down C-Stick inputs using the http://skunx7.wixsite.com/bliss-box Bliss Box adapter. I use C-Stick quite a lot, and it'd be great to figure out what's going on. My PC detects the inputs just fine, but not SSF2.

Edit: I just noticed that the slider on L doesn't work either. Button press does, though.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:18 pm

I stumbled across an invisibility glitch with :kirby: Kirby's inhale on Phase 8... so when an opponent is inhaled and spit out into the magma fall, they become invisible until they either die or are inhaled again. The star also stays in place and doesn't disappear until the glitched character is inhaled and spit out again. This happens individually for each character the glitch is used on and has to be fixed the same way. I attached a screenshot I took while testing the glitch in training to (hopefully) explain it a little better...

Attachments:
kirby invisibility glitch.png
kirby invisibility glitch.png [ 131.05 KiB | Viewed 965 times ]
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 pm

When searching through the item switch on Super Smash Flash, I was surprised when there was no option to turn on smash balls. I went into training mode to see if I can spawn them there, but to my surprise, they weren't there. I also tried having long battles and they still haven't spawned.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:02 am

MGN Username: Lermonz
A very strange sequence of events happened. I tried logging on to the online lobby but put in the wrong password once, but correctly the next time, then I made a room and selecting everything until I got to the waiting room. I practiced on sandbag for a minute or two, but then I was sent back to the login screen and got a message that said something about the ping. I logged back in, made another room, selected a different character, and then I was put back in the waiting room in the same position and sandbag at the same percent as when I was kicked out. At this point I didn't want anything to be messed up anymore so I closed SSF2.

buh

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Bandana Dee's down grab is broken. It's a suicide kill when you grab an opponent and throw yourself off the edge with them. However, in Smash, suicide kills kill the person performing them before the person caught in them. This is not the case in Smash Flash 2. Bandana Dee's grab is an instant win if you land it when both players are on 1 stock, and a powerful leveling strategy when both players are on the same number of stock but Bandana Dee has a much higher percentage. I'd hate to see it changed, as I love doing it, but I think it needs to be changed. (I don't know if any other characters have similar grabs. Let me know.) I saved a replay of me winning a 1 stock match against a CPU with it, but I can't upload it to a thread. I'd love some help with that. [EDIT: I have just realized that Bandana Dee will only win if he's on a lower percentage, but it's still very powerful.]

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 am

MGN Username: Lermonz
RobinFox wrote:
Bandana Dee's forward throw is broken. It's a suicide kill when you grab an opponent and throw yourself off the edge with them. However, in Smash, suicide kills kill the person performing them before the person caught in them. This is not the case in Smash Flash 2. Bandana Dee's grab is an instant win if you land it when both players are on 1 stock, and a powerful leveling strategy when both players are on the same number of stock but Bandana Dee has a much higher percentage. I'd hate to see it changed, as I love doing it, but I think it needs to be changed. (I don't know if any other characters have similar grabs. Let me know.) I saved a replay of me winning a 1 stock match against a CPU with it, but I can't upload it to a thread. I'd love some help with that. [EDIT: I have just realized that Bandana Dee will only win if he's on a lower percentage, but it's still very powerful.]

This is a bug report thread, not a complaint thread. That would be here https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=45296
Also this isn't exclusive to Bandana Dee, I'm pretty sure that's how all suicide moves work.

buh

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 am

So I found a bug with the Bomb Factory stage. I was playing Falcon against a random CPU(Ness), and he teleported to the top of the screen after falling onto a block, while missing a tech from my getup attack. He did not reach the blast zone, and quickly came back down on screen. I saved the replay, but I am not sure how to capture a video of the replay I can post here. Essentially he bounced once, then glitched slightly into the block, then came up again and appeared far above. The block was on the 4th column, 2nd row from bottom left, and Ness was on top column 4 row 3. He then appeared one square above the fourth column from the right. He began the bounce animation again, almost fell through a block appearing under him, did what I think was a getup roll, then jumped as the CPU took over. The battle went on as usual, and no other issues were noted. If I had to guess, it had to do with the block he was landing on getting confused with another block that was just appearing. Attached is(hopefully) a link to a couple screenshots, not in order:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zUmKL-kRpg1cuNjTzAAZk2IOaMgKqatB/view?usp=sharing

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:59 pm

The Mother Brain Assist trophy can have some major problems when used in Bomb Factory (among the masses of other hilarious nonsense that happens there). If Mother Brain is summoned on top of a block and has other blocks above or next to her, they overlap with her sprite/collision box and cause the both of them to conflict. This conflict sometimes causes Mother Brain and the overlapped boxes to shake violently and move around the screen, pushing other boxes out of the grid's alignment while carrying Mother Brain with them.

Another glitch I noticed is when a capsule is hit by one of the bombs and drops either a bob-omb or a smart bomb, the item goes off but remains in place forever. Both the bob-omb and the smart bomb behave as if they take damage (i.e. screen flashing/shaking in response to hard hits) and will also collide with a handful of other throwable items. In the case of smart bombs, the screen-shaking effect also stays behind, but in one instance I was once able to grab it like normal, which stopped the shaking and made the item disappear after being thrown again.

Occasionally a capsule that drops another capsule does a similar glitch, but instead of freezing, the second capsule can be grabbed and thrown but never opens, simply spinning and/or sliding until it eventually vanishes or goes off-screen.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 pm

MGN Username: Kousor
Currently Playing: ssf2 beta / TF2
Waifu: sandbag
i tried creating a rooms with low latency , i don't move in the waiting room , i pick FD . but whenever the match starts a target smash counter appears displaying 0 , there's a loud engine-like sound (probably from the character entrance) and the game is frozen , forever . also if TSON is reading this , pls change your name to "a bagel" for 30 minutes . i want to see the community's reaction

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Smash 3ds
(This is my first post, sorry for not knowing much :sweat:)

1. Sometimes, you and your opponent's damage indicator flickers.
2. When loading the game, it stays at 100% and doesn't open. I have to reload the page.

If I find anymore glitches or bugs, i'll update this post, or make a new one, or something idk.
Thanks!

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Smash 3ds
The pause button doesn't work for me

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Not sure if this has been reported yet, or if it's been noted.

While playing with a game pad, Xbox, GameCube, etc. it's impossible to get a turnaround animation when dashing unless you get a frame-perfect flick of the stick in the opposite direction.

This bug makes it impossible to perform a RAR, which is essential to a lot of character's kits and kill confirms.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:28 am

if you hit pac mans recovery with game and watchs 7 hammer it gives tons of food

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 106  Next