The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:43 pm

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Pokemon New Journeys 

Today was the day, Professor Oak was revealing his newest invention. Although it's just a prototype, he felt it was ready to be used. The clouds covered the sun, as the trainers began to gather in Pallet town; young and old, new trainers and experienced. It's only a matter of time until the invention changes the Pokemon world.

Matthrew arrived in Vermillion a few days earlier. He had just gotten off of a boat, and was new to the Kanto region. The climate wasn't what he was used to, and was certainly something new. So warm, and no snow to be seen. Professor Rowan had directed him to Kanto, and more specifically, Pallet town. Matthew picked up a map from the nearest Pokemart, and headed on out towards Pallet. It was going to take a few days until he actually got there, but when he did, the invention would astound him, and everyone else.

Louis had arrived to Kanto on a boat, just a few hours before Matthew had, and as such was further along. His path was also set to get him to Pallet, but not for the invention, or any reason other trainers were going. No, Louis just didn't research were he was going, and saw one town furthermost over on a map, and assumed there was a gym there. His arrogance would soon turn to luck, as he too was going to be lucky enough to see the invention unveiled and explained to all who were there, including the news reporters and the rest of the world.

Ben was sitting on a large rock, on the outskirts of Pallet Town, staring at his fairly new Cyndaquil in the eye. The Pokemon was a gift from his brother when he went to Johto. His brother caught, and gave him the Pokemon for his birthday. "Now, what should I name you...?" He began with a sigh. "Cyndaquil is boring, then you'd be just like all the other ones out there!" He wanted his Cyndaquil to be unique. Frustration began to rise in his eyes, showing through his voice. "Let's see, you're a boy, so... Rocky?" He asked himself, left elbow resting on his lap, with his hand propping his chin up while he looked at the sky. "No, you're a fire type, it wouldn't make sense..." He concluded, collapsing into a sigh. "Whatever, I'll decide on your name later, I heard Professor Oak has a new invention of some sort..." He said, getting up in the process, and going behind the rock he was sitting on moments ago. The sound of a kickstand going up revealed that there was a bike there, as Ben hopped onto it and began pedaling onto a small dirt road, putting his hand down as his Cyndaquil climbed onto his shoulder. He then began riding towards Pallet Town.

Alexander, or as he would prefer, Alex, was on his way to Oak's famous laboratory. Six months ago, he'd moved here into the Kanto region, and nothing had been the same. It was like starting a new life, being given a second chance. He had heard, that, Oak had some great new invention that was meant to be unveiled, and while he was in the general area, he thought he might check it out, and, it was rumored that new trainers would get a Pokemon as well as the invention itself to help test. He was well and truly looking forward to it. He hadn't owned a Pokemon in a long time, and he'd NEVER properly trained one. Today was going to be fun.

Chris stepped out of his small home north of town, just across the bridge and to the left. This would probably be one of the last times he would ever be here. Funnily enough, he didn't feel very emotional about it. He certainly loved the town, and everyone in it. He would miss them dearly, but it seemed like the excitement building up for the start of his journey outweighed all of that. He shut and locked his front door, picked up his backpack which was leaning against the front of the house, and unzipped one of the smaller pockets. He dropped his key into it, and resealed the pocket. He stood up and hoisted the backpack onto himself. He looked to the south, towards the city. He had a good view of it from here, and could see everything from the bike shop to the gym. He paused to let the weight of what he was really about to do sink in. He sighed and said, "So long, Cerulean. It's been fun. I'll be back before you know it for a little while, but then I'm off again." Chris started off to the bridge, across it, through the town, amongst the bustling people, and onto his destination in Pallet Town.

Kaylin's first day of his journey begins today. He was overly excited and won't let anything ruin his day or discourage him. It is now 7:00 A.M. and Kaylin is just waking up. He gets out of bed and checks the time. "Good, I woke up at the right time. Now I need to get ready." He is staying at a friends house in Kanto. He goes down stairs to greet her a good morning and jumps into the shower up stairs. After so, he puts on his clothes and goes down stairs for breakfast. After finishing he has a smile on his face. His friend bids him farewell, after telling him that he should introduce him self to the famous Professor Oak. Kaylin agrees and steps outside into the town of Viridian. "Today is the day!" He yells.

The wind blew a calming breeze. Will looked over the edge of the boat and saw some Goldeens swimming around. He look back up and saw land, the Kanto region. Will let out a sigh of relief, now that he might be able to find someone to win against. Finally, we made it, Will thought with slight excitement. Just about to get off the boat, Will said goodbye to the sailor, ready to set foot on a new land. Lucky for him, his boat arrived right at Pallet town, past Cinnabar.

((Minor edits to some posts. Except THoT's, I just reworded everything he said. I was going to do that with everything, but it took too long, treat your next post as your character arriving in Pallet. Unless you're Zhane, I decided not to wait on your intro post, so include that as well as the arrival to Pallet, please. ))

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 am

Dust was streaming behind Ben's well-polished red bike, possibly showing his excitement more than the fire burning (not literally, of course) through his eyes. He was holding his Cyndaquil with one hand and the handlebars of the bike with the other, as, although he was fairly new to pokemon battling and such (okay, really new, as in never even having been in a battle), he had been riding bikes for quite awhile now, the one he currently rode being another birthday present- this one from his parents- along side his Cyndaquil. As he neared Pallet, he was suprised to see how many people were in the distance, young and old. He smirked as he began to slow, not wanting to accidentally run anyone over, and let go of his Pokemon, grabbing the other side of the handlebars as to avoid crashing. A few moments later he was pulling the brakes and putting his bike at a stand, hurriedly chaining it there and jumping off before putting his hand on his Cyndaquil once more as he walked through the crowded streets to Prof. Oak's lab, which seemed to be the center of attention.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Chris had finally arrived in Pallet Town after a couple of days. He took a deep breath, then let out a sigh. He was aching after all the walking, and nearly collapsed right there at the town entrance. However, the sea of people flooding around Professor Oak's Lab caught his attention long enough for him to head on over there to see about the commotion.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Currently Playing: Magic: The Gathering
Waifu: Bree
Zhane heard of some news in town. He then sat idly bye until the curiosity got the better of him, so he set off to see what the commotion was. Zhane then was trampled in the group due to his short size and got back up.Eevee then wanted to be put up on Zhane's shoulder to see the comotion, Zhane understanding helped Eevee up. Zhane then tryed to get to the front to see what was going on.

So I'm kind of a magic nut and pretty good at it. So if you need any help with it let me know.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Waifu: You!
Matthew and Munchlax continued along the track from Vermilion to Cerulean, walking at a normal pace. As they reached the town entrance, Matthew checked his map again and sighed. He would still have to go through a mountain and a forest to get even close to Pallet. Rolling up the map and putting it back into his bag, he pulled out some Pokemon food (Those little brown things) and handed a bag to Munchlax. The Pokemon eyed the food hungrily, and swallowed the bag in a second, wrapping and all. Matthew grinned at him. The road ahead seemed pretty long, but with a companion like Munchlax, it would be a good one.

----

Finally, after a long stretch of walking, they had arrived in Pallet. Munchlax jumped onto Matthew's shoulders (Nearly breaking his back), and Matthew carried him into the village. Many people appeared to have gathered here, he thought, but it didn't matter to him. Matthew was only looking for one of them, Professor Oak.

Last edited by THoT on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 pm

Belth wrote:
((Minor edits to some posts. Except THoT's, I just reworded everything he said. I was going to do that with everything, but it took too long, treat your next post as your character arriving in Pallet. Unless you're Zhane, I decided not to wait on your intro post, so include that as well as the arrival to Pallet, please. ))

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Waifu: You!
(Edited).

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Currently Playing: Magic: The Gathering
Waifu: Bree
Zhane tried to jump up and see what was going on and then recognized the old man, Sammual Oaks. Zhane than tried to make it to the front bumping many people. The wind was cool an his face and the heat over head made him drowzy. Eevee was nestled on top of his head like a cap for a while until she jumped down. Zhane simply smiled still trying to get to the front. Then his face was red with embarrassment, when he bumped into this girl and made them both fall. He then said "Sorry I am a klutz sometimes...".

OOC:yeah Eevee's a girl

So I'm kind of a magic nut and pretty good at it. So if you need any help with it let me know.

Last edited by Zhane on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Currently Playing: stuff. loud stuff.
Zhane wrote:
Zhane tryed to jump up and see what was going on and then recognized the old man, Sammual Oaks. Zhane than tryed to make it to the front bumping many people. His face was red with embarresment, when he bumped into this girl and made them both fall. He than said "Sorry...".

Tried* x2 Then* x2 Embarrassment*

<_<

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm

OOC: *coughcough*
Hello? Where are the rest of you at?

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 pm

A horn blew, indicating the start of Professor Oak's unveiling. Louis heard the noise from just outside town, as he raced in to see what was going on. His eyes teary from dust that had gotten in them, he kept them squinted, barely able to see.

"Thank you all for coming." Said Professor Oak, using a megaphone to speak to the entire audience. "As many of you know, today I will be showing you my new invention, one which I think will revolutionize this world!" An assistant dressed in a lab coat had come from behind him, handing him what seemed to be a belt. "No, this isn't to hold up my pants!" The old man joked. "This is my new invention, one which I call the Poke'belt." He put it on, and began to explain.

"As you can see, the belt has nine slots on it fit for Pokeballs. The first six are to hold whichever you would choose, as normal. One is for a spare Pokeball to catch in the wild, while the other two are for custom Pokeballs that you can place in the belt." The crowd whispered amongst themselves, unimpressed. "Wait, there is more." He took out a Pokedex, and connected it to the belt with a cable. "From your Pokedex screen, you can access your PC, where your Pokemon are stored, and choose to change them at any time you wish. Although this function isn't complete yet, and is still a work in progress on getting it to work properly."

"Including that, there is also no need to carry any spare Pokeballs in your backpack now. As soon as a Pokemon is registered in the Pokeball which came out of your belt, which I like to call a beltball, it recognizes this, transports the ball to the PC, and another Pokeball is transported into your belt. This is nearing completion, however, you must still purchase the actual Pokeballs to use, it's more of a convenience thing."

The crowd became more anxious, as Professor Oak removed the cable running to the Pokedex and then removed the belt. "There are a couple of more things which this can do, however, they are not being revealed at this time." A large sigh could be heard from within the crowd, as the assistant took back the belt, along with the Pokedex. "Now, today is also the day I'll be giving new trainers their starting Pokemon, as I do annually."

New trainers began to line up to receive their Pokemon, as well as a few experience trainers who thought they were sneaky enough to grab a free Pokemon.

Louis had barely heard anything that had happened, and began asking around what had just happened, and what the belt was all about.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Kaylin arrived in Pallet Town with an angry look on his face. "Damn, I got mud all over my pants!" He growled through his teeth. His mind was fixed on gettin the mud off. He walked past a number of houses, came to the center of the town, and pasted up Oak's Lab. "His lab isn't as big as I thought," he said out loud, "but I'll come back to here in a bit." He walked over to the ocean, rubbed some water on to his hand and began to wash the mud off into the ocean. It was working well for him. After he was finished he walked over to the Lab.

Oak was saying something. But Kaylin was too far away to make out what he was saying. Suddenly, everyone raced for a certain item. Kaylin thought that if it was happening at Oak's lab that it must have been something new. He ran over and began to push his way through the crowd. "Excuse me! Hello!" He shouted has he made his way to the front.

May the path of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 am

"Hmm, a pokebelt? I wonder what those extra feeatures he was talkin' about are..." Ben told nobody in particular. Seeing people line up for starter pokemon, he was rather proud of himself for already having one, despite never having been in a battle, and knowing next to nothing about them. "...And what's a custom pokeball...?" He seemed to ask his Cyndaquil, which gave a simple "Cynda..." before looking away. "Well, whatever, let's get back to naming you, shall we?" He said, walking away from all the ruckus with his hands behind his head.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 am

((Wow, J. First off, "Suddenly, everyone raced for a certain item." Who the hell is racing for an item? and what f*** item is being rushed for, I never mentioned anything like that. "He ran over and began to push his way through the crowd. "Excuse me! Hello!" He shouted has he made his way to the front." All those people just let you cut right by, right? ))

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:16 am

((OoC: I'm not gon lie. I was sleepy and I scanned. I didn't mean "raced," more like pushed into each other. You get what I mean? And he was pushing his way through as he said "Excuse me! Hello!" So no, they didn't let me. I forced my way. I was out of it last night. I reread what you posted, and my bad. We'll just say I'm in the line.))

May the path of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 am
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next