The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Mario 

MGN Username: TRC
This may be a dumb suggestion but when I hit Mario's Fair or Bair the sound effect is all pfffsss, maybe the sweep spots could have a little more umph in the sound effect :P

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 am
BR Member

It might sound tempting to powershield his fireballs. Dont do it, they just break on your shield and mario's still open to do whatever he feels like to you while you are in shield stun. GG.

Shoutouts to TRC for exposing that to me online. The salt is real.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:20 am

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Something I will never forget about playing Mario: that stressful feeling when you're right below the edge and not at an angle, and you fail to recover with your up-special as a result. lol

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Honestly wish Fireballs had more priority, or something to use when facing vs Ichigo..

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:13 am

MGN Username: Weedy
Currently Playing: SSF2 0.9b
in SSF2 Mario has a "cape glide" which keeps mario's dash momentum while you in the air.

dash --> go to the ledge --> do a cape right before you falling --> if the timing is correct you will get some momentum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWDM_xdk1I

(similar with this)

Weedy-DK (Korea)
Jellybean-Tails (Korea)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:26 am

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Ark58743 wrote:
in SSF2 Mario has a "cape glide" which keeps mario's dash momentum while you in the air.

dash --> go to the ledge --> do a cape right before you falling --> if the timing is correct you will get some momentum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWDM_xdk1I

(similar with this)

I never knew 0.9b Mario could do this, given the fact that the cape gives less speed and distance than 0.9a. Also, I love how you either fall straight down when you mistime it, or you get a boost enough to almost go from one platform on Pokemon Stadium 3 to the other one.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
DrunkenRockman wrote:
Something I will never forget about playing Mario: that stressful feeling when you're right below the edge and not at an angle, and you fail to recover with your up-special as a result. lol
This. A ton. This alone makes using Mario on FD, Smashville, and BattleField a nightmare. The edges force you to take dumb recovery risk; use Tornado which is very vulnerable to edgeguarding/gimped, or use Up-special and risk getting stage gimped. I understand it's not meant to ride up walls because of high Tornado goes in this game. But if it can't do that, the move needs to at least have the ability to change the angle like in the Official Smash games. Holding Forward makes Jump-Punch go lower, but more forward. Holding Back makes it go higher, but mostly vertical.
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Honestly wish Fireballs had more priority, or something to use when facing vs Ichigo..
But they did, he could just do Retreating-Wavebounce-Fireballs all day to camp, and be too strong.

I feel like the Mario/Ichigo match-up is difficult and you have to be very aware of your spacing with Ichigo. Be careful when you are at a mid-range, about half a stage length away from Ichigo. He can just do Side-special, Dash-Attack, or Down-tilt to punish you. I try to stay right airborne at a 40 degree angle from the position Ichigo is at to avoid this. It's much easier to challenge his air moves with Nair or Fireballs than his ground ones. Mario does get great punishes on Ichigo as well. Up-smash > Up-smash is good for high damage. Back-air > Dash-Attack > Up-tilt/Up-smash/Tornado is harder to setup but great to rack up damage.

One thing I notice though is that Mario is at the right weight and fall-speed where he cannot Smash-DI up to get-out of Ichigo's ground Up-special. So when he gets caught by the move, he's pretty much going to eat an Up-tilt or Neutral-air afterward. If it weren't for that, this match-up would be much more manageable.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Zalozis wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
This. A ton. This alone makes using Mario on FD, Smashville, and BattleField a nightmare. The edges force you to take dumb recovery risk; use Tornado which is very vulnerable to edgeguarding/gimped, or use Up-special and risk getting stage gimped. I understand it's not meant to ride up walls because of high Tornado goes in this game. But if it can't do that, the move needs to at least have the ability to change the angle like in the Official Smash games. Holding Forward makes Jump-Punch go lower, but more forward. Holding Back makes it go higher, but mostly vertical.

This is already in actually. Kinda weird to time, but once you get the hang of it it's noticeable

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:27 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
What the heck?

I could've swore I tried it several times before and it never happened.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:31 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Good ol' Super Jump Punch....

Messing up recovering since 1999.

:wee:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:37 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The Cape offstage (the missed cape glide if you will) can be used as a good ledgegrab, because not only is it fast but it does reflect recoveries that are trying to grab the ledge.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:02 pm

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
Now besides looking amazing in this version. Mario just looks a bit nerfed in this demo. Linking up air isn't as easy as it was from the last version. And down throw doesn't chain grab anymore with the exception of a few fast fallers. Overall Mario feels like his brawl counterpart with an added mario tornado instead of that god awful excuse for a down special(FLUDD) definitely low tier at worst or mid tier at best. I wish he get's buffed in the next patch where he plays more like Project M mario minus the wavedashing since thats not in SSF2( Them Forward -air's mane).

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Last edited by SirTundra_23 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:14 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Mario has some solid stuff: a decent projectile to camp, a reflector and an easy gimp for some characters, good combos on fast fallers off of grabs, a decent recovery, decent finishers, etc. Don't hate on FLUDD: it was really good at gimping some characters.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:44 am

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
True fireball can is a decent camping projectile. He can combo at least 10 out of 29 characters being Donkey Kong, Link, Megaman, Fox, Sheik, Bomberman, Captain Falcon, Chibi Robo, Ichigo, and Goku. Mario does have decent finishers being Forward smash, down smash, and forward air. While Fludd could gimp characters it made mario have limited recovery options making it harder for mario to recover

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, Fire emblem awakening etc
Waifu: ZSS
[TSON] wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:

This is already in actually. Kinda weird to time, but once you get the hang of it it's noticeable

Yeah I have actually noticed that you can do that. What's weird is how I never figured that out until I played P:M and SSF2 about angling his Up special.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:03 pm
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next