The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Idea to prevent spam in the Forum Game section 
Site Admin

Nobody wrote:
Give the power to the users and let us decide whenever we feel a game is bad - if it really is bad, will anyone actually play it? The creator would just lock it and move on.
At most, just add another rule.

Now that you mention it, I feel like we wouldn't get any more or less bad games if we did make approval needed, but we would end up with more banned users. If someone posts something that is not game worthy perhaps we should just let it die on its own, and anything not game worthy would be considered spam anyway

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:45 pm

master as spoken.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 pm
Site Admin

Seeing as we concluded this probably wouldn't change much...

:lock:

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Cleod, really sorry for posting on a locked topic, but you said "Seeing as we concluded this probably wouldn't change much" when the only ones who agree in that are yourself, Robert and noby :? ...

I would really suggest you to re-read what Nini said, and then think about it... if you still believe that what noby said was right, then just keep this topic locked.

And really, I'm sorry for posting in a locked topic...

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 am
Site Admin

*unlocks*
Hm, if people are posting unworthy games, then why not just have a cleanup crew that also deals with consequences for frequent posters of bad games?

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Cleod9 wrote:
*unlocks*
Hm, if people are posting unworthy games, then why not just have a cleanup crew that also deals with consequences for frequent posters of bad games?

Honestly, is it really worth the trouble to put together a cleanup crew? If the game is bad, no-one will play it, and it will die. Mabye even get locked by the creator. What's the worst that could happen? Like, if someones keeps posting the same game over and over again, then they will probably get reported, and that'll be dealt with. There need be no cleanup crew IMO.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 am
Site Admin

Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
*unlocks*

Honestly, is it really worth the trouble to put together a cleanup crew? If the game is bad, no-one will play it, and it will die. Mabye even get locked by the creator. What's the worst that could happen? Like, if someones keeps posting the same game over and over again, then they will probably get reported, and that'll be dealt with. There need be no cleanup crew IMO.

I dunno, Nini makes it seem like the place really needs a section Mod..

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Cleod9 wrote:
Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
*unlocks*

Meh. As of recent times I only go there for one or two games, and I have no worry that either of them will be deleted by any "forum games mod". So I guess you just go ahead and do what you think should be done.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:26 am

Currently Playing: LOL
Cleod9 wrote:
Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
*unlocks*

/:|

No cleod, read again. Nini said that the section could use less spammy topics, eleminating the boring games, or the ones who are really stupid.

The way to do this is not A MOD, but the abridge users who enter there every day could work as quality control.
You should post your idea a topic to "suggest a game", and if most of the users like the idea, then you can post it.

If someone create a topic WITHOUT getting permission for 4 or 5 people, then the abridge user can report it, and a mod can Ban that user for a day.

That way, the game section will somehow improve.

Also cleod, what happened to the random thingy I asked for :evil: ?

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm
Site Admin

Nac wrote:

No cleod, read again. Nini said that the section could use less spammy topics, eleminating the boring games, or the ones who are really stupid.

The way to do this is not A MOD, but the abridge users who enter there every day could work as quality control.
You should post your idea a topic to "suggest a game", and if most of the users like the idea, then you can post it.

If someone create a topic WITHOUT getting permission for 4 or 5 people, then the abridge user can report it, and a mod can Ban that user for a day.

So it's a user-controlled thing? How about a Usergroup where we'll put a few frequent Forum Games goers and they will have some extra privileges to help keep the place organized? Still sounds like something a mod would do but sounds like what we're getting at

And if I remember there were issues with the random thing.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:20 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Cleod9 wrote:
Nac wrote:

So it's a user-controlled thing? How about a Usergroup where we'll put a few frequent Forum Games goers and they will have some extra privileges to help keep the place organized? Still sounds like something a mod would do but sounds like what we're getting at

Except, there aren't many mature users that go there.

I go, but only for my two games, all the other ones suck.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

TerminX wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
Nac wrote:

Same. I only go for Termin's games, the rest suck.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I mean having two or three users approve it won't work because you can just as easily tell your friends to approve a crappy game for you. If you ask me, you should either just leave someone in charge of the forum games that can lock pointless games, or have a certain time limit for a certain number of posts to see if it is a working game or just spam.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:35 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Meta Sin wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
Nac wrote:

This.

Oh, and I don't really think that section needs a mod, that'd be kinda unneeded.
The topic idea where you have to get approval sounds better.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Kevin:D wrote:
Meta Sin wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
Nac wrote:

This.

Oh, and I don't really think that section needs a mod, that'd be kinda unneeded.
The topic idea where you have to get approval sounds better.

It is a good idea as long as you have admin's or mod's doing the approving. I just don't think we should have other users approving for everyone.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:39 pm
 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next