The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
I mean, really, if you don't like the series then why not just stop reading it?
I thought this post was for the ones that liked to read Naruto.

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 am

Rikudo wrote:
I mean, really, if you don't like the series then why not just stop reading it?
I thought this post was for the ones that liked to read Naruto.

No no, I think there is some real merit to "Let this thing I really like end before it overstays its welcome and becomes a hollow shell of its former self". Hell, the entire time between tearing the beast out of Obito and Kaguya's resurrection I was hoping for the same thing. Part of loving a series is knowing when to just allow it to be over on its own. Naruto has been a SERIOUS endurance test for me in that way. I can only watch this insanity go on for so long and keep track of so much stuff. You know why I made the switch to mostly western comics? Because I can get a complete story and not feel like I'm missing a ton of s*** in 4-6 months, a year at absolute tops, if we're talking Batman Eternal or Zero Year or something. We've been on the same two days of Naruto for years now. The status quo is changing, but we haven't had a chance to look at its effects, relax and catch our breaths in the world, anything like that for a while.

If this is how this whole thing ends, then I'm totally okay with that. And really damn impressed they got the job done so quickly. But the puzzle pieces all fit together really well and it still really pulls off the story's major theme of teamwork... I don't know if I think it's as good at that as when Obito got taken out and everyone in the ninja military had to pull the beasts out of him, but this was certainly more personal and a lot of fun to watch.

I think Kaguya is done for, but I don't think the fight is quite over yet. Even with her out of the way. The Jubi is still gonna be there in some capacity and, unfortunately, half of Madara's nigh unkillable body will probably pop out when she's been sealed... Also the Hokages haven't done anything since The Sage talked to them last, so they still have some role to play.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:50 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Hmm...You are right, even if this is Kaguya's defeat, there is a good chance for the story to continue somehow.

You see, the main reason for me don't wanting the series to end is because this is my favorite japanese series of all time. And I do recognize that Kishi has rushed the story a lot, I mean, even Zabuza lasted longer than her, but I don't know if I'm ready to say good bye to my favorite manga yet.

And I too love the american comics you know. What I like the most about them is their incredible character development, these guys have been there for decades!! Did you knew that Superman is over 76 years old!?

But yeah, if Naruto is indeed coming to it's end, then so be it. The world will keep spinning, the Sun will keep shining, and Superman Unchained will still be published. :wee:

ImageImage

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:26 am

Waited long enough to see the Third Mizukage.

The only bad thing I can say about the final battle is that we never saw the ultimate Tailed Beast Mode. Maybe the anime will give us a peek.

Feel a little sad, that Naruto will end, but a little relieved as well, no more manga will mean no more future fillers!!!

ImageImage

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 pm

This feels like a pretty good way to go out. Over shockingly quick, but I'm okay with that. I'll take these speedy ones over the ones that drag any day.

The dichotomy of Naruto and Zetsu was an excellent point I never considered, but I'm glad they hit. All that's left now is Madara and that tree, and considering Naruto went back to finish off Zetsu, they better not let Madara off any kind of hook. I know Naruto is an anti-revenge story, but Madara needs to be killed for strictly practical reasons

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 pm

I liked the part where Julia found the Batcave and Hush capped a b****

Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Did Kurama just showed the finger to Naruto?
LOL

ImageImage

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:13 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
I'm a sucker apparently, because the inevitable end that is very apparent in this chapter is tearing at my heartstrings.

Madaras death was so peaceful.

And I really wish Minato still had his arms, he looks so silly.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:47 pm
YIM WWW

Well, let's not forget that this isn't really the end, there is still the cannonical film of Naruto: The Last. What I believe will give us a more satisfactory end.

And, in my opinion, Madara's death wasn't so painless if you ask me.
He was betrayed, humillated, used as a tool, and finally realized how useless he was before dying a shameful death.
I'm more than sure that once he arrives to the Pure Land's afterlife he will get his butt handled by all the shinobis he hurt. :wee:

But still, what makes me feel a little better with the end of Naruto's manga is the fact that: With no more manga, the legendary and unfamous "Filleruto" will be no more than a memory. We will enjoy the next 2-3 years of Naruto Shippuden without filler!!!

ImageImage

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Rikudo wrote:
Well, let's not forget that this isn't really the end, there is still the cannonical film of Naruto: The Last. What I believe will give us a more satisfactory end.

And, in my opinion, Madara's death wasn't so painless if you ask me.
He was betrayed, humillated, used as a tool, and finally realized how useless he was before dying a shameful death.
I'm more than sure that once he arrives to the Pure Land's afterlife he will get his butt handled by all the shinobis he hurt. :wee:

But still, what makes me feel a little better with the end of Naruto's manga is the fact that: With no more manga, the legendary and unfamous "Filleruto" will be no more than a memory. We will enjoy the next 2-3 years of Naruto Shippuden without filler!!!

I meant his literal last breaths.

And I wouldn't consider the movie to be a more satisfactory end, unless the story is 100% written by Kishimoto.

The end of the manga is the canonical end of the series.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm
YIM WWW

I may be mistaken, but I could almost swear that I read somewhere that Kishi himself would be writing the whole plot and characters of this film.
But I guess that only time will tell.

ImageImage

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Rikudo wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I could almost swear that I read somewhere that Kishi himself would be writing the whole plot and characters of this film.
But I guess that only time will tell.

I know he's done the character designs, and I'm sure he has some role in the plot. That's how it was with Road to Ninja.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 pm
YIM WWW

And they all lived happily ever after, provided we ignore the elephant in the room.

That elephant being the gigantic ninja-eating tree that still has most of the cast crammed down its gullet.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Well, I guess we all kinda knew it was going to come to this. I don't necessarily think I WANTED it to, but here we are.

I don't think this fight is going to be long, I don't even think it's going to be that huge a spectacle. At least I hope it isn't. Everyone's had the living s*** beaten out of them, Naruto and Sasuke should have this fight with both of them barely able to stand.

Just gouge out this eyes Naruto. Somehow, I think this'll all be over and everyone will feel a lot better if you do.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 am

Finally, Naruto VS Sasuke...what we've all been waiting for...right?

I have mixed emotions about this...

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 146  Next