The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
As with many things in Smash, it it revolves around using your textbook "best" options but mixing up occasionally with stupid things that shouldn't work but do.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:11 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
im finishing this old tourney's sets, ill do semis and quarters later or tomorrow or never
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Last edited by WRXJoey on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:54 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Seen some people making buff/nerf lists like this for their mains so I thought I'd do the same for Bomber.

We'll start with the

NERFS-

-Patch his buttgrab and increase the amount of endlag after each grab so he can't spam it until it hits. It promotes bad habits and easy KOs through his killthrow.

-Make bombs able to be destroyed by hits or make them hurt Bomberman in the same way that they affect the enemy.

In their current state, bombs are way too easy to simply spread on the field and camp behind. The enemy in most cases is basically helpless unless he can force a bad detonation. I'm not saying bombs are broken or even that janky (though I have heard complaints about the hitboxes), I'm just saying they're absolutely no fun to play against. I'm so tired of being called lame for using the character's CORE STRATEGY. The opponent needs to be able to defend himself from the bombs in a way that isn't just running away or shielding and praying I misdetonate. OR, the bombs need to hurt Bomberman so he has to think twice before detonating. Either one of the nerfs I suggested would, in my opinion, promote smarter play and make lame P bomb/bomb field camping harder to do. I've seen TSON's hesitance to make Bomberman like Snake in the past so maybe making them destroyable is the better way to go. Either way, I think something has to change for it to be a fair move for everyone.

-Reduce P bomb hitboxes. Everyone knows these hit way too far away. It's not horrible but it's not justified either. I've gotten too many stupid KOs with these things. Personally I think S bombs are fine so I won't say nerf them. Others have expressed different feelings, however...

-Reduce the amount of vertical height his recovery covers. In my opinion he goes a bit high. I can make it back from the blast zone in the craziest of situations. I know he has a fairly easy to gimp recovery and this would be a huge nerf, but I have a buff I'll talk about below that I think would help him.

-Reduce the amount of priority on the hitboxes of his recovery. I'm not 100% on this, but it seems to me the priority of the hitboxes actually increase as the move progresses until the end. Even if not, I've seen way too many people get clipped by one of these dumb hitboxes when they had a clear punish. For those of you saying the opponent should be more patient, in many situations, waiting too long will allow Bomber to land and run freely again. The best fix would be to make it less of a risk to approach the recovery. Again, I know this is a huge nerf on an already gimpable recovery, but I have a buff for the recovery as well.

-Reduce the amount of horizontal knockback forward throw does and make it easier to DI. This throw is dumb.

BUFFS-

-More knockback on Up B blast from jetback - This one isn't necessarily a big need, but it would be a nice touch and give him another option for kills. The hitbox is so hard to aim properly, especially in high pressure situations. I think hitting it should be kind of a reward. Not a huge knockback boost, just a little more than it currently does. It would also make people think twice before jumping offstage for a gimp from fear of the blast.

-Allow Bomber to SLIGHTLY angle his recovery left or right so that he can actually cover horizontal distance. I've seen hesitance for this one, but if he received the above nerfs, this buff would be completely justified. Bomberman can cover almost no horizontal distance without his second jump and CANNOT viably mixup recoveries at all as he is now. This buff would open so many doors for him.

-Give nair a little less endlag. This move could be one of Bomberman's best comboing moves but he's hindered by the little pause that comes after each use. It doesn't seem like a lot of endlag but it's just enough to get stuffed half the time after hitting since it has low knockback and hitstun. If nair had as little landlag as bair, he would have a much more solid neutral in my opinion.

-Give fsmash a faster start up. I love this move, it's just so hard to use reliably because it's too damn slow. If it were faster you could use it to finish combos or edgeguard more efficiently.

-Make Usmash a better killmove. Currently, it kills Mario at around 105-110%. If we could get that down to 100% or maybe even slightly lower, this move would be much more rewarding to hit. As it is currently, it's a much better option to just camp for a P bomb because it's a much stronger and easier to hit vertical kill option. If bombs are nerfed like I want, this move should be a killer to balance it out.

-Give kicked bombs a hitbox so Bomberman has a good shield poking option and it gives Bomberman more incentive to actually kick the bombs. Right now he has 0 safe poking options and on top of that I'm one of the only Bombermen I see to frequetly use side B for moving bombs. Right now it's much easier to just toss/plant a new bomb wherever you want it instead of going through the hassle of kicking it around and possibly getting punished. Withy this buff at least it would be small risk, small reward. I would want the hitbox to have stun similar to sour spot nair

-Last one is either make dash attack usable by reducing endlag or increasing knockback
OR
Increase the priority of dtilt since his dash attack is 100% the worst option you have at ANY given moment. At least the move he has that functions like a dash attack should be a great one since he has to sacrifice his real DA to even have it. And I'm not saying that dtilt is bad, I just get stuffed way too much trying to use it and it's stupid since it's one of my only good approach options.

Please let me know your thoughts

Last edited by Huey on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 am
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
I support killing people with initial up b. I can already imagine the huge combos being finished with this. But in the end, trying to finish a combo with all the hits of up b is fine :]

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:24 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
JayVoltage wrote:
I support killing people with initial up b. I can already imagine the huge combos being finished with this. But in the end, trying to finish a combo with all the hits of up b is fine :]

https://gfycat.com/DigitalWelltodoAegeancat

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:34 pm

[/quote]https://gfycat.com/DigitalWelltodoAegeancat[/quote]
Stuff like that is pretty rare but if up B were to receive a buff on the blast, I'd be afraid of this being a more common thing. It seems op as hell. It would have to be a very delicate buffing xD Either that or people would have to be cautious when he's recovering which is kinda justified

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:54 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
I don't see why anyone would be so far down to get hit by the blast when they are trying to gimp BBM. and if BBM is trying to recover from subhigh levels, like I did in the gfy, they need to keep working on their recovery tactics

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:57 pm

I went on anthers
YouTube Video:

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 am

Haven't been able to play online for a bit now, which forced me to go to the lab. I've found out some things that have made me re-evaluate Bomberman's potential.

For starters, S Bomb>Usmash and S Bomb>Fsmash are both true combos. Sbomb>Fsmash is more difficult to hit and more character and percentage dependent. Sbomb<Usmash is a true combo from 0 until kill percent on every character. These combos are relatively easy to hit and improve his KO potential drastically. Usmash kills floaties early and most of the cast after about 105% or so. Fsmash will completely wreck a fastfaller as early as 60% if you're near enough to the ledge. The only thing is it's DI chase dependent and you can miss the smash if you misread the DI on the bomb hit. It's still a very reliable setup.

Another true combo I want to share is one I feel should be dubbed "The Joey Combo" because he's been wrecking dudes with this since day one and I got it from him. The base of it is just Uthrow>Utilt. The Joey Combo works on the entire cast. The faster the enemy falls, the longer the combo will work on him/her. The average % it stops working at is about 50% give or take, at which point you can start substituting the Utilt with a Uair. It's simple enough 13% (about 20% if you use Uair instead) combo but it can lead into much higher % and if extended with P bombs can turn into a 0 to death true combo on some characters.

For example, Uthrow>Utilt>Utilt>Uair>Fair>Pbomb>Double Jump Up B will 0 to death much of the cast on ToS in you leave the P Bomb on the platform and start the combo from the center. It works well on other platform maps too just in different sequences. I do it on level 9 CPUs all the time but maybe you guys can test it online for me. I'll be back eventually with more info such as knockdown % charts on certain moves and other true combos. Bye

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Double post because no one else loves this character.

If you dtilt near the ledge or the edge of a platform, you'll fall off. If you wanna cancel that, you can either hold backwards+down while the dtilt is in progress or just shield. The backwards+down option is a little harder on platforms because if you hold down too long you go through the platform

Another thing is that Uthrow>Pbomb kills stupidly early. I don't know why but it'll kill Marth if you get the grab at 70% on FD. The Uthrow into Pbomb will leave him at 90% and he will be star KO'd. It works better or worse depending on weight and fall speed of the char you're fighting but it's fairly reliable. It's especially good on platform maps because your Uthrow towards a platform puts him right on a P Bomb instead of floating over it like he would be if the P Bomb were on flat ground.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:09 pm

P bombs on top platform(on BF for example) are essentially broken :3
Their hitbox is already insane as it is and against the more platform camping types(jiggs, wario, etc), it severely limits their spacing.
Upairing/upthrow into it is also stupid easy, which at said percents kills way earlier than it should(<50 on floaties/70 on average on everyone else). Why do people keep letting me strike there lel

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:08 am

oh man f*** this MU
YouTube Video:

:bomberman: :bomberman: :bomberman: :bomberman: :bomberman:

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:33 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Made a BBM Changelist with WRXJoey :bomberman:
Dash Attack
The attack comes out much faster.
Sends opponents at a higher angle.

Forward Smash
Now causes an explosion effect on contact. Accenting it's high KO power.

Grab
BBM's Grab now has more endlag making it punishable on whiff.

Forward Air
The animation is tilted forward. Making the attack look more like a proper forward air and less of a up air.
The hitbox no longer covers the area above BBM.

Back Air
Has new hitbixes that better align with the animation.

Neutral Special: Bomb
Bomberman can no longer create new bombs once 5 bombs are already on the stage.

New Side Special: Pickup
Bomberman picks up a bomb that he already placed on the ground. He is then able to rethrow the bomb to any position he wants.
Pickup also acts as a very short ranged command grab, as BBM will pickup the opponent and immediately throw them.
Bomberman can also Pickup items and item-like projectiles such as Peach's Turnips or Link's Bombs.

Back Throw
Has less knockback, no longer a KO throw.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:05 pm
YIM

Pretty meh list if you ask me. I agree with a few things but overall most of those changes don't address his current problems. New side special idea makes me cringe at the thought. I love bomb kick. How would the new one even work mid air?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:34 am

i pretty sure that Bomberman can fight really good once ur skilled so why not go easy on the bombs, i mean u don't have to be too OP do u :sweat: :sweat:

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:53 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next