The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
theoriginalblade for a MOD! 

nacritico wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:
Part of the reason he's awesome is because he was an awesome MOD.

What were you modded for? Being good at spriting wasn't it? I find that a bad reason for modding someone.

If he started to log in more with more frequency, or started lurking (giving warning, locking posts, and telling the mod teams about the problems of the forum without posting), then I'm ok with his modding... but modding him just for the little times he logs in is not logical.

ps:
BTW, how do you know about blade SlashDuffIzzy?? I'm pretty sure you were not here when Blade was really active, were you?

Blade is actually on a lot more than you think.
Or at least according to his IP adress he is.

And I just so happened to be around when Blade was constantly active.
He was always right.
He always did the right thing.
And the reason he probably doesn't log in anymore, unless he's hidden, is because he isn't a mod and thusly has no reason to do so.

By the way flaw-full isn't proper english.

And silently you die...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Snow Taradien wrote:
nacritico wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:

What were you modded for? Being good at spriting wasn't it? I find that a bad reason for modding someone.

If he started to log in more with more frequency, or started lurking (giving warning, locking posts, and telling the mod teams about the problems of the forum without posting), then I'm ok with his modding... but modding him just for the little times he logs in is not logical.

ps:
BTW, how do you know about blade SlashDuffIzzy?? I'm pretty sure you were not here when Blade was really active, were you?

He was always right.
And the reason he probably doesn't log in anymore, unless he's hidden, is because he isn't a mod and thusly has no reason to do so.

A mod is nothing but an user with some extra powers... not being on a forum because he is not a mod sounds pretty stupid...

more if he knows that once he starts to show he is in, he'll have NOONE against his modding (or at least, very few people would be against it), so he'll be modded again...

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:11 pm

nacritico wrote:
Snow Taradien wrote:
nacritico wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:

ps:

He was always right.

A mod is nothing but an user with some extra powers... not being on a forum because he is not a mod sounds pretty stupid...

more if he knows that once he starts to show he is in, he'll have NOONE against his modding (or at least, very few people would be against it), so he'll be modded again...

Good enough answer for me.

And silently you die...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:21 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
By god, you claim we can't deny you've done a good job, Nacritico? I sure as hell can. Your always part of the problem, at every turn, corner and street, sometimes you've got someone like Phratt, but it's always you. From day one, it's always been you. Doing a few good things doesn't matter if your always dragging something simple out to a 10 page 'debate', if you can even call it that. What's even worse, I keep wasting my time trying to convince you. Tell me something, do you ever even bother asking yourself if you might be wrong, or do you just assume your right and that the entire world will stop just because of that, despite you being one person, against an entire mod team?

Stop acting like your some sort of valued member of the community, and that a select few people are against you. Your a pompous prick who acts like the world revolves around him.

I don't care what your opinion is about what a mod should be, because if you even agree with the way you yourself were modded, they are either ridiculously biased or ridiculously stupid.

Now do me a favour and for once in your career since you became a mod, shut up and admit you don't have a leg to stand on.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Hakker.
He's better than you.
:wee:

And silently you die...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Hakker wrote:
By god, you claim we can't deny you've done a good job, Nacritico? I sure as hell can. Your always part of the problem, at every turn, corner and street, sometimes you've got someone like Phratt, but it's always you. From day one, it's always been you. Doing a few good things doesn't matter if your always dragging something simple out to a 10 page 'debate', if you can even call it that. What's even worse, I keep wasting my time trying to convince you. Tell me something, do you ever even bother asking yourself if you might be wrong, or do you just assume your right and that the entire world will stop just because of that, despite you being one person, against an entire mod team?

Stop acting like your some sort of valued member of the community, and that a select few people are against you. Your a pompous prick who acts like the world revolves around him.

I don't care what your opinion is about what a mod should be, because if you even agree with the way you yourself were modded, they are either ridiculously biased or ridiculously stupid.

Now do me a favour and for once in your career since you became a mod, shut up and admit you don't have a leg to stand on.

I talk much about myself, probably more than what I should, I'll give you that.

But have in mind that in some cases is with a good reason. For example, here I gave reasons why I think Blade should not be a Mod, and what I get are comments like "STFU you are selouse" or "Blade had a better reason to be a MOD" (personal comments towards me). I tried to defend myself, and I'm not ashamed of that.

And please, whatever you do, don't call me Sophist (Link) 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm not that. Even though I might be wrong at stuff, I always try to use reason to solve stuff (having in mind what the other said). I'm not one of those jerks who only insults to win an argue or act in a superior/agressive way .

Regarding the modding stuff, there are two things which you don't seem to get.

First one, is that I was de-moded from the sprite team, so being a good spriter is not the reason why I'm a mod right now. I was modded again after the new forum was opened, so I think that proves something.

Second, I'm not against you modding Blade because he was a "good mod". What I'm trying to say is that it seems useless to Mod someone who is never around. A mod should be there to help the forum when its in need, and someone who is never here can't do that.

Finally, dare to say that I'm a bad user. I'm pretty aware that I'm not the best thing that happened to the forum, but I think of myself as a good user and mod. As I said before, I've done stuff for the forum. But I know that what I do is not enough for you, and will never be, because you will treat them as "little things".

Now, let's get over with this chat, and probably close this topic... you seem to be very stubborn on this subject, and you are the one who has the final call.

@Panda: very helpfull, adding useless comments just to make me angrier. :hmph:

Image chóu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 pm

nacritico wrote:
Hakker wrote:

I talk much about myself, probably more than what I should, I'll give you that.

But have in mind that in some cases is with a good reason. For example, here I gave reasons why I think Blade should not be a Mod, and what I get are comments like "STFU you are selouse" or "Blade had a better reason to be a MOD" (personal comments towards me). I tried to defend myself, and I'm not ashamed of that.

And please, whatever you do, don't call me Sophist (Link) 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm not that. Even though I might be wrong at stuff, I always try to use reason to solve stuff (having in mind what the other said). I'm not one of those jerks who only insults to win an argue or act in a superior/agressive way .

Regarding the modding stuff, there are two things which you don't seem to get.

First one, is that I was de-moded from the sprite team, so being a good spriter is not the reason why I'm a mod right now. I was modded again after the new forum was opened, so I think that proves something. You weren't that great a spriter in the first place, to be quite frank -__-

Second, I'm not against you modding Blade because he was a "good mod". What I'm trying to say is that it seems useless to Mod someone who is never around. A mod should be there to help the forum when its in need, and someone who is never here can't do that. No comment, we've been through this.

Finally, dare to say that I'm a bad user. I'm pretty aware that I'm not the best thing that happened to the forum, but I think of myself as a good user and mod. What? Mehfhaghsdj I'm ignoring the rest of this paragraph. Just because of that remark As I said before, I've done stuff for the forum. But I know that what I do is not enough for you, and will never be, because you will treat them as "little things".

Now, let's get over with this chat, and probably close this topic... you seem to be very stubborn on this subject, and you are the one who has the final call. He isn't the only one...

@Panda: very helpfull, adding useless comments just to make me angrier. :hmph:
Good that's the way I like it, quite frankly I just don't like you.

Comments, albeit useless, are in bold.

And silently you die...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Alright, right here, right now, name me THREE actually significant things you've done for the forum, and I'll apologise for it all, because then you won't have been a complete waste of my time.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Hakker wrote:
Alright, right here, right now, name me THREE actually significant things you've done for the forum, and I'll apologise for it all, because then you won't have been a complete waste of my time.

ok... whatever, but it's a waste of time because you'll find them un-usefull in one way or another.

• I propoused the current system which is used in the sprite section (the galleries stuff), and wrote the rules which were used in the old forum (they are not here any longer). Also, I though of a way to order the Upcaming games sections.
  • I've PM'ed cleod loads of Ideas. The only one I can currently think of is separating the flash section into 2 sections to make it have more order.
  • General Mod Stuff (closing topics, warning people, moving stuff from one section to another), seeing if there is something new in the Mod section everyday, etc.
  • Making tutorials of stuff to avoid the creation of useless topics such as "how do I do this".
  • Convinced Cleod (a long with a help of other people) to create the Spam section.

@Panda: :hmph: . Hakker is a jerk with me, but at least he tries to use reason. You don't even do that.

ps:
I was going to add the fact that I said RK was chilidish (I said he was childish and a bad mod, and all of you told me I was wrong. I never imagined he was going to raid the forum, but the fact that he did -only because he was banned- showed I was right... at least in the part of childishness-not sure about the bad mod thing-), but that will only end in other big and useless discussion, so I didn't include it as a reason.

ps2:
Can we stop talking about me now? :hmph:

Image chóu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm
Site Admin

We do not need this topic....

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 pm

inb4lawk?

Blade has too much in life as it is, he see's this place as a hassle now anyway.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Location: Boston Sex: All the time Underwear: Boxers Squirtle: F&@! yeah!
:eew:

CREDIT THEIF!!!

I was the first person to use a gallery, hence my "all my projects" thread. I proposed the idea to write updates inside the thread titles also. Go inside the archives and check yourself!

I had to take out my mains for this. Enough reason for cleod NOT to go back on his word.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 am

Azrael wrote:
:eew:

CREDIT THEIF!!!

I was the first person to use a gallery, hence my "all my projects" thread. I proposed the idea to write updates inside the thread titles also. Go inside the archives and check yourself!

Nah, what I tried to say is that I made the idea to make everyone use the gallery system to order the forum. Originally, people created a topic each time they had something new.... so I created the idea that you create a new post shouldn't UNLESS there is a goal on it (for example, a shared sheet). Instend, you should create a gallery of you own.

The thing of updating the first page (gallery) is not a creation of mine. In fact, is not a creation of you either, because I've seen that system being used in other forums even before caming to MCGaming. :sweat:

You can enter the "sprite crew discussion" on the old forum to see what I say.

Image chóu

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 am
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4